PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Top 25 post draft departures. Zags fall from 10 to 19.

MDABE80
05-25-2017, 12:24 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19443560/arizona-rises-top-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25

This will be a challenging season. We lost a bunch. We lost our best. Soldier on Zags!!!:clap:

seacatfan
05-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Next man up. The cupboard is not bare.

thebigsmoove
05-25-2017, 12:48 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19443560/arizona-rises-top-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25

This will be a challenging season. We lost a bunch. We lost our best. Soldier on Zags!!!:clap:

I think its gonna be a great season. Im really looking forward to seeing Larsen, Norvell, Wade, Ayayi, and Kispert in action. Its gonna be interesting to see the jump that Tillie and Rui make as well. Will Josh become the leader and player we all know he can be? Will Silas and JW3 take the next step in their games? Lots of interesting storylines.

bartruff1
05-25-2017, 02:22 PM
I think its gonna be a great season. Im really looking forward to seeing Larsen, Norvell, Wade, Ayayi, and Kispert in action. Its gonna be interesting to see the jump that Tillie and Rui make as well. Will Josh become the leader and player we all know he can be? Will Silas and JW3 take the next step in their games? Lots of interesting storylines.

You betcha....I could care less about the rankings or for that matter the FF.....for me it is always the season, the journey...and I don't intend to miss it wringing my hands about BPI or RPI or rankings...

cggonzaga
05-25-2017, 02:23 PM

Can't agree it will be a challenging season. Far too much talent. GU simply reloads at this point.

btzag
05-25-2017, 03:23 PM
I think #19 is the floor for this team with the upside to get deep into the top 10. And that's with the current 11 guys we know about...add a Rooks and/or a Euro big and I think we are top 15 easily.

cggonzaga
05-25-2017, 03:50 PM
I think #19 is the floor for this team with the upside to get deep into the top 10. And that's with the current 11 guys we know about...add a Rooks and/or a Euro big and I think we are top 15 easily.

+1

Coach Crazy
05-25-2017, 04:01 PM
Can't agree it will be a challenging season. Far too much talent. GU simply reloads at this point.

Yeah, this will be as much of a learning experience for fans, as it will for next year's roster. It won't be the same inside-out efficiency, it won't have all the same players we have come to appreciate, it's going to be more 3's attempted and thus more moments where we don't blow people out of the water (although times where we absolutely boat race people).

However, still a high level of defense, probably more transition opportunities, and we are simply more talented than most of the country. Also, there is a lot of leadership in these underclassmen, and leadership in the vets.

A lot to be excited about.

Markburn1
05-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Karno, Mathews, Williams-Goss, Collins, Wiltjer, Sabonis, Pangos, Bell, Dranginis, McClellan, Wesley, Dower. All gone in the last few seasons. Yet, the train keeps rolling. Being ranked at all after losing that much talent speaks volumes about where the program is at.

I need a fix. I have tix to PK80. I'm looking forward to a fascinating season.

cggonzaga
05-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Yeah, this will be as much of a learning experience for fans, as it will for next year's roster. It won't be the same inside-out efficiency, it won't have all the same players we have come to appreciate, it's going to be more 3's attempted and thus more moments where we don't blow people out of the water (although times where we absolutely boat race people).

However, still a high level of defense, probably more transition opportunities, and we are simply more talented than most of the country. Also, there is a lot of leadership in these underclassmen, and leadership in the vets.

A lot to be excited about.

+1 again. Especially the part about different style of play.

Reborn
05-25-2017, 08:23 PM
It never matters where you start. What matters is where you finish!

Go Zags!!!

maynard g krebs
05-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Pretty meaningless. Medcalf has no idea about the new guys except what their rankings/scout grades are. And they're better than their rankings. They might stumble a bit early due to youth and the tough schedule, but nobody will want to play them in March.

DixieZag
05-26-2017, 08:19 AM
You betcha....I could care less about the rankings or for that matter the FF.....for me it is always the season, the journey...and I don't intend to miss it wringing my hands about BPI or RPI or rankings...

Best post one will read in a long time.

Fonebone
05-26-2017, 01:09 PM
The way I look at is is that if everyone had come back, we were looking at a final four or with luck, a national championship. In other words, it would have been a spectacular team. As it is, I think we have a really great team. And that is not a worry for me. That is a gift.