PDA

View Full Version : New Grad Transfer on the Market, Mikyle McIntosh from Illinois State

Zags_Fanatic
05-24-2017, 09:25 AM
With the number of available scholarships I'd be surprised if the staff didn't reach out. 6'7" Canadian Forward that averaged 12.5/5.8/1.8 last season. He dropped out of the NBA draft today and will be eligible immediately.

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-24-2017, 10:26 AM
With the number of available scholarships I'd be surprised if the staff didn't reach out. 6'7" Canadian Forward that averaged 12.5/5.8/1.8 last season. He dropped out of the NBA draft today and will be eligible immediately.

Obrviously I'd fully support whatever decision the team makes re: bringing in a transfer but my armchair quarterback take is that the only need would be a big bodied, low post player in the 6'10", 240+ range. Lacking that, roll with the current roster as is. Rui, Kispert, Jones will hopefully rise to the occasion and cover the 3 spot for this team.

Pretty sure this basic perspective has been shared by many multiple times and parsed affirmatively and negatively in various threads already, but so what :-)

maynard g krebs
05-24-2017, 10:59 AM
McIntosh is said to be visiting Oregon soon.

Markburn1
05-24-2017, 11:01 AM
McIntosh is said to be visiting Oregon soon.

Doesn't everybody?

sittingon50
05-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Doesn't everybody?

Now that you mention it Mark, I should pay Oregon a visit soon. Lovely state.

LouisianaZag
05-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Obrviously I'd fully support whatever decision the team makes re: bringing in a transfer but my armchair quarterback take is that the only need would be a big bodied, low post player in the 6'10", 240+ range. Lacking that, roll with the current roster as is. Rui, Kispert, Jones will hopefully rise to the occasion and cover the 3 spot for this team.

Pretty sure this basic perspective has been shared by many multiple times and parsed affirmatively and negatively in various threads already, but so what :-)

I would think Perkins, Melson, and Norvelle will start with Wade, Kispert, and Rui as their backups. JW3 and Tille start inside with the jacob Larson as their backup and Rui also working in at the 4. We need at big backup possibly if we want to keep up a 4 man rotation. Something the Zags have seldom done in the past but it surely was nice. The Zag freshman class including red shirts looks amazing. This group will develop slower but by feb this could be a very good basketball team.

LouisianaZag
05-24-2017, 05:12 PM
I would think Perkins, Melson, and Norvelle will start with Wade, Kispert, and Rui as their backups. JW3 and Tille start inside with the jacob Larson as their backup and Rui also working in at the 4. We need at big backup possibly if we want to keep up a 4 man rotation. Something the Zags have seldom done in the past but it surely was nice. The Zag freshman class including red shirts looks amazing. This group will develop slower but by feb this could be a very good basketball team.

Also see ya'll in NYC the 5th of Dec.

Goshzagit
05-24-2017, 06:00 PM
He seems intent to attend Oregon.

I like his game. Fun player to watch.

More 6'6" than 6'7", but definitely a playmaker type. Has tremendous passing/vision for playing as a free roamimg PF.

Would have to play more SF or wing, but a driving/slashing/alley ooping PF is his forte.

He initially declared for the NBA draft this season.

Has been productive all 3 yrs. Not a starter type but would add value for most any team off the bench.

He is a neat prospect to watch play. He is electric & energetic, seems to enjoy playing and bouncing around the court. Explosive for his height and position but vastly undersized.

He has one post move. Dribble left, spin, & elevate. Otherwise, its slashing, put backs, & transition buckets.

While he has zero interest in GU, he would be an instant fan favorite type. Underrated leaping ability. Plays like he believes he is better than he is...willing to take on anyone and any shot, but has nice passing ability when he looks ti involve others.

Would love to have this kid, but unsure what role he'd play in our offense? Maybe an Ira Brown type with some resemblance of a post game.

MTZag03
05-24-2017, 08:03 PM
I'm with GonzagasaurusFlex on this one. GU seems to need a reliable large post player to work in to the rotation. I'd rather give Rui the chance to shine as the slashing forward type.

Coach Crazy
05-24-2017, 08:20 PM
We're plenty deep at the 3 and 4. We need another 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelinZag
05-25-2017, 05:24 AM

Two fives -- one for now, one to develop (plays next year, development redshirt will have to wait).

LouisianaZag
05-25-2017, 06:17 AM

Yes!!!!

TheGonzagaFactor
05-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Kind of unfortunate that all these transfers I see mentioned would just be taking minutes away from someone with potential that I've been waiting to watch play in a GU uniform.

As far as guards go, with the transfer market being what it is this year, I don't care who is visiting where. Even though our group lacks experience, I like the guys we have.

We need another big body PF or C. We don't need another guard unless they are amazingly talented with experience like NWG. Anything short of that is just holding back the players we already have.

Bogozags
05-25-2017, 06:43 AM

I tend to agree...seems that 6'10"/240lb+ post players are a highly sought after commodity...

I am some what surprised that we have had such difficulty in obtaining the services of such a transfer, because every starting post player we have had since Rob was drafted and two (three with ZC) have been lottery picks. I was really surprised Jeter chose AZ or us as we have had an excellent track record of preparing post players for the NBA...

We will most definitely be a "different" type of team this year, most probably playing inside out versus last year, where we played outside in...

WallaWallaZag
05-25-2017, 06:58 AM
We will most definitely be a "different" type of team this year, most probably playing inside out versus last year, where we played outside in...

i think you got it backwards bogo...

MontanaCoyote
05-25-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm with the #5 guys. Funny how things unfold. Collins and Karno where are you?

Mojo13
05-25-2017, 08:18 AM
Doesn't everybody?

Canadian kids yes.

Oregon has done an impressive job of muscling in on the greater Toronto area over the last few years. They seem to have a leading edge for most Toronto area kids which is obviously producing a tonne of talent. Their assistant coach, Mike Mennenga, has a long history in the area and massive contacts. Oregon also now has an impressive resume for Canadian kids to look at as well - especially with transfers. Olu Ashaolu (transfer), Devoe Joseph (transfer), Dillon Brooks, Chris Boucher (transfer), Dillon Ennis (transfer).... with more recruits on the way.

GU has lost any edge it had in TO, not that it ever really did. GU seems to do better in the Western Canada (Sacre, Arop, Olynyk, Kong!, Triano).

More on Mike Mennenga
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/02/meet_mike_mennenga_the_oregon.html