PDA

View Full Version : Our guys in the Combine

GrizZAG
05-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Anyone have information on how NWG and JWIII have done in the combine? Only thing I saw was that NWG was first in the agility test. More?

Radbooks
05-18-2017, 07:38 PM
JWIII wasn't invited to the combine.

GrizZAG
05-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I forgot that. I see NWG beat Mika on the running vertical jump by a couple of inches.

Bogozags
05-19-2017, 07:48 AM
Don't know if NWG will get drafted but JWIII needs to come back for his last year and work on using his right hand as well as post moves - that is to not think about what you are going to do with the ball WHEN you get it but rather catch and go...that is how PK looked his first three years...this year PK pretty much just caught the ball and went into his offence...IMO this will make a tremendous difference next year...

OH, how could I forget...learn a more efficient way of shooting free throws...

We all know he has all the athletic ability he needs to be successful...his defence is just superb...I think he will be the anchor of our defence this coming season...

MontanaCoyote
05-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Don't know if NWG will get drafted but JWIII needs to come back for his last year and work on using his right hand as well as post moves - that is to not think about what you are going to do with the ball WHEN you get it but rather catch and go...that is how PK looked his first three years...this year PK pretty much just caught the ball and went into his offence...IMO this will make a tremendous difference next year...

OH, how could I forget...learn a more efficient way of shooting free throws...

We all know he has all the athletic ability he needs to be successful...his defence is just superb...I think he will be the anchor of our defence this coming season...

Free throws. JW III has the flattest FT shot I've seen since Elgin Baylor. I think he needs more arc on his shot. Makes the hole bigger. He's going to get fouled a lot, so improvement means quite a few more PPG.

thespywhozaggedme
05-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Free throws. JW III has the flattest FT shot I've seen since Elgin Baylor. I think he needs more arc on his shot. Makes the hole bigger. He's going to get fouled a lot, so improvement means quite a few more PPG.

It was the granny at the carnival, flick of the wrist push shot free throw; no arc whatsoever and didn't bend his elbows back, but if anyone noticed and I mentioned in the game thread he started to correct it in the SC and championship games so you know he knows that it's an issue.

Bogozags
05-19-2017, 08:11 AM

His shot is all arms...legs need to be involved as part of a fluid shooting motion...I am sure the staff has shared this with him most likely many times...I really like the way Wilt, Rick Barry and Calvin Murphy shot free throws...I think Murphy still has the record for highest FT%

JWIII just needs to learn how to shoot FT's and jump shots...

Kemo 1966
05-19-2017, 10:45 AM
His shot is all arms...legs need to be involved as part of a fluid shooting motion...I am sure the staff has shared this with him most likely many times...I really like the way Wilt, Rick Barry and Calvin Murphy shot free throws...I think Murphy still has the record for highest FT%

JWIII just needs to learn how to shoot FT's and jump shots...

Currently FT% records, NBA

NO. 1 Steve Nash .9043 #2 Price .9039 #3. Curry (since he's still playing, I'm not sure how up to date his pct is.

No. 7 Rick Barry .8931 #8 Murphy .8916

zagbeliever
05-19-2017, 03:42 PM

I think Will Foster was worse regarding FT....

Zagdawg
05-19-2017, 07:40 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/zach-collins-reportedly-rising-up-nba-draft-boards-050717