PDA

View Full Version : Concerned

YukonJack
05-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Is this normal that Zags haven't had any major recruits or transfers? Is it still early ? I think with what we have we are fine but I look daily and recruits and transfers are picking other schools. Ouch! Any inputs?

ZagzKrak
05-18-2017, 04:10 PM
well we do have 3 major recruits coming in...Transfers are still up in the air for some guys. I think we are just fine.

MickMick
05-18-2017, 04:19 PM
It is all about defense.

I think they have enough length to be respectable.

webspinnre
05-18-2017, 04:22 PM
If it's August and we still have nothing, I'll be concerned.

btzag
05-18-2017, 04:47 PM
If it's August and we still have nothing, I'll be concerned.

July 1st is the day for me, should hear some rumblings at the very least by then. My general rule though is to never, ever doubt this staff and especially coming off a national champ runner up season I'm not starting now!

maynard g krebs
05-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Any inputs?

A big body for post depth would be nice. The perimeter is loaded, and the young guys are good enough to play right out of the chute. Relax. Euros usually decide to come over the summer, and I'd bet there's another Euro big we don't know about in the works, based on past experience.

zag67
05-18-2017, 06:49 PM
I agree with Maynard. I would feel better with one more big. I like having Tillie, JWIII(I hope), and Larsen with Rui able to fill in. But it does leave us very THIN. Go get them Lloyd.

azzagfan
05-18-2017, 07:21 PM
I agree with Maynard. I would feel better with one more big. I like having Tillie, JWIII(I hope), and Larsen with Rui able to fill in. But it does leave us very THIN. Go get them Lloyd.

When you look at the Eurobasket prospect rankings, I'm not sure how many good bigs remain not on professional contracts.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Top-Prospects/basketball.asp?Year=3 - 1999
http://www.eurobasket.com/Top-Prospects/basketball.asp?Year=2 - 2000

GoZags
05-18-2017, 07:24 PM

I am quite confident there will be another 4/5 guy on the team this coming season.

Zags_Fanatic
05-18-2017, 10:33 PM
3 awesome recruits plus Norvell and Larsen. Those 5 together are a stunning group and could go down as one of the best in GU history. Remember that up until April there were no scholarships available so not a lot happening on the late recruiting front.

sittingon50
05-18-2017, 10:40 PM
3 awesome recruits plus Norvell and Larsen. Those 5 together are a stunning group and could go down as one of the best in GU history. Remember that up until April there were no scholarships available so not a lot happening on the late recruiting front.

I agree with you ZF. I'm one of those that would include Larsen & Norvell as new guys along with the 3 kid's coming in. Young; yes. Talented; very. And we know there are probably more to join in.

jazzdelmar
05-19-2017, 04:35 AM
Few only plays 8 so less is more. He would have to be an eye popping fifth yearer or DS level Euro to crack the group we have.

thespywhozaggedme
05-19-2017, 06:51 AM

Yup, a starting five of Larsen, Kispert, Norvell, Wade and Ayayi would finish top 4 in the WCC.

Coach Crazy
05-19-2017, 06:54 AM
Yup, a starting five of Larsen, Kispert, Norvell, Wade and Ayayi would finish top 4 in the WCC.

You mean if GU was still in it? If not, those guys would be 2nd or 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thespywhozaggedme
05-19-2017, 07:22 AM
You mean if GU was still in it? If not, those guys would be 2nd or 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! true. So many posters don't realize just how skilled and talent the "next up" guys are. They're going to be pleasantly surprised.

bartruff1
05-19-2017, 07:24 AM
not concerned...

ZagMan in Philly
05-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Ha! true. So many posters don't realize just how skilled and talent the "next up" guys are. They're going to be pleasantly surprised.

I am very excited to watch Rui play in this tournament, 42 days and 20 hours or so away for us to see him action. He is going to be a beast for us.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2017

thespywhozaggedme
05-19-2017, 08:07 AM
I am very excited to watch Rui play in this tournament, 42 days and 20 hours or so away for us to see him action. He is going to be a beast for us.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2017

yes sir!

TexasZagFan
05-19-2017, 09:07 AM

Not this year...there are only two teams with a legitimate shot now that Mika has signed with an agent: GU and SMC. None of the other 7 teams have the horses to contend this year, too big a hill for them to climb.

SMC has had no injury problems the past two years. The odds say that won't continue, though I don't wish them harm. If they stay healthy, it will be a dogfight between the Gaels and the Zags.

sittingon50
05-19-2017, 09:39 AM
:agreed:

maynard g krebs
05-19-2017, 09:55 AM
I agree with you ZF. I'm one of those that would include Larsen & Norvell as new guys along with the 3 kid's coming in. Young; yes. Talented; very. And we know there are probably more to join in.

I consider Rui as part of that group as well. For all practical purposes he was essentially a RS last year, so it's more like 6 new guys that can all play.

thebigsmoove
05-19-2017, 10:32 AM
I got a hunch Kam Rooks will be in the fold in the next few weeks.

MileHigh
05-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Assuming they finally give a scholarship to J. Jones, that leaves two available scholarships for 17-18, correct?

sittingon50
05-19-2017, 12:02 PM
I consider Rui as part of that group as well. For all practical purposes he was essentially a RS last year, so it's more like 6 new guys that can all play.

Never thought of that maynard, but I would agree with your opinion.

Zagdawg
05-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Josh is putting in some work in the off season.

Nick Graham‏ @DreamLiveBall 7h7 hours ago
.@JoshPerk13 is shooting the S$?t out of it. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

MDABE80
05-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Shooting? Good.

Reborn
05-20-2017, 06:59 AM
The cool thing about college sports, and high school too, is that the faces keep changing. This can cause concern for some when some really good players move on to the next level. Concern for some, excitement for others. I'm in the excited group. I love watching the new players becomes stars. My serenity is directly proportional to my expectations. Lower your expectations and you may find more serenity. Enjoy the ride. I really like the players who will be back next year, and I feel the same way about the new ones coming in.

Martin Centre Mad Man
05-20-2017, 08:16 AM
The cool thing about college sports, and high school too, is that the faces keep changing. This can cause concern for some when some really good players move on to the next level. Concern for some, excitement for others. I'm in the excited group. I love watching the new players becomes stars. My serenity is directly proportional to my expectations. Lower your expectations and you may find more serenity. Enjoy the ride. I really like the players who will be back next year, and I feel the same way about the new ones coming in.

Nicely said.

MDABE80
05-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Inversely proportional Reborn. <--

zag67
05-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Agree with Reborn. I also enjoy the year we had and look forward to the new players next year. Yes, they will need to grow. Yes, they more and likely will have some missteps. But following the journey should be fun and then I hope we make the dance.