PDA

View Full Version : S. Alexander

mendiant
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Anyone else hate the fact that those bad fans in Seattle are booing Shawn Alexander...#######s!!!!

The man is playing wounded!!!

What a bunch of JERKS!

It would serve them right to lose him next year to folks who might appreciate his contributions...

LongIslandZagFan
10-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Hard to get yardage when your O-Line can't open a hole big enough for a hamster to get through.

Zag79
11-03-2007, 12:32 AM
i was at the game against the rams, and you could tell 27's problem is the line. horrible job by the O line but the rest of the team played great!

lothar98zag
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
nothing against SA, but personally I wish the team would have kept Hutch and let SA go (and I've thought that since before the move was made a few years ago) - but nothing can be done about it now...

good thing SEA is in the NFC west...9-7 should win it...

Zag79
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
mo couldnt get 1 yard to win the game for us either, to me that proves its not the back its the line. LT couldnt have made yards with that line! UGH.

kitzbuel
11-06-2007, 04:08 AM
I hate to say it, but I think Alexander is done as a feature running back. Nothing against him, but running backs just don't last long in this league. He still has a few 100+ games and some spectacular plays left in him, but I think the 'Hawks need to be thinking RB this draft season.

Hasselback is still throwing the ball well and has a pretty decent receiving corps but Mike Holmgren is way to conservative offensively to doesn't know how to take advantage of the passing game. The Seahawks are screwed this year.

Zag79
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
a guy that has lead us to the super bowl and playoffs (many times) doesnt know our team and what it needs? not sure im with ya kitz. the defense let us down that game too. couldnt stop anything or anyone the whole 2nd half.

kitzbuel
11-07-2007, 08:53 AM
More than once, when the game gets tight, he has settled into a conservative run-the-ball play calling sequence that does not give Hasselback the opportunity to win the game. Maybe he wants to put the game in the hands of his running backs, but the o-line ain't doing it. The old Joe Gibbs style of running the ball down someone's throat when the game is in the stretch just does not work any more; reference Joe Gibbs and Clinton Portis. IMO, give the ball to the player making the plays; in this case the QB.

zag944
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
The line has been a problem, and because of that Shaun Alexander is extra uneffective. When the line was excellent with Jones, Hutch, and Tobeck and Mack Strong was blocking he could do things. He's never been that great at the line....its when he gets past that first five yards that he is special. When we had aforementioned blockers, he was good because guys could divert a lineman from the run then pick up a linebacker...then SA could do his thing.

Mo Morris isn't great at running at the line either, but he probably wouldnt do much worse, and he isn't injured. Why the heck not let him have more carries, at least until SA is healthy? He's also a much better receiver when needed. SA has dropped some passes so easy that I get embaressed for him. Weaver has looked pretty good, but I doubt handing it off to him 15+ times a game would get us anywhere.

Back to Shaun, the fans shouldnt be booing the guy. You could argue that he got too much credit when the line was good, but he still has done a ton for this franchise.

On the other hand, I don't think that his history should merit him staying on the field if he isnt the best guy for the job.

kitzbuel
11-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Good game last night. Seahawks really opened up their passing game and then let the running game happen where it could. It really took the burden off the O-line and let Hasselback take the game over.

zag944
11-13-2007, 03:53 PM
People seem to be overpraising Mo's performance. He averaged 3.1 a carry, whereas Shaun, who everyone has been dying to get off of the field, is averaging 3.3 on the season.
Hasselbeck looked great. I'd love to see this continue when we play the teams that don't suck

lothar98zag
11-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Hasselbeck looked great. I'd love to see this continue when we play the teams that don't suck
:agreed:

Zag79
11-13-2007, 10:53 PM
He averaged 3.1 a carry, whereas Shaun, who everyone has been dying to get off of the field, is averaging 3.3 on the season.
DING DING DING!!! We have a winner. AND to top it off, mo isnt running with a hurt: wrist, ankle, and knee. Mo does the job, and i love him as compliment to SA but Shaun is our starter and should be. Shout out to hass for a huge game!

kitzbuel
11-14-2007, 04:43 AM
I'd love to see this continue when we play the teams that don't suck
We don't have to worry about that in the NFC West, at least.