PDA

View Full Version : KO!!!!

jazzdelmar
05-15-2017, 06:29 PM
KO killing it vs WIZ.

Kong-Kool-Aid
05-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Even had a "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly" chant going.

Kong-Kool-Aid
05-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Olynyk is the first Celtics reserve to score 25+ points in a playoff game since Eddie House in 2009.

ZagNative
05-15-2017, 06:32 PM
KO killing it vs WIZ.Man, you are not kidding! Has to be the game of his lifetime! 26 points with 3:25 left in the fourth Celtics leading 110-100! Comcast Channel 662 (TNT).

ZagMan in Philly
05-15-2017, 06:44 PM
looking forward to K.O vs K.L round 2

Radbooks
05-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Great game for Kelly! Go Celtics!

Ekrub
05-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Awesome performance. Lots of references to KO looking like he was with thr zags on twitter

Ekrub
05-15-2017, 06:48 PM
My favorite moment:

Olynyk hits three - camera cuts to oubre
:D

Kong-Kool-Aid
05-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Wish I knew how to embed twitter video clips, the Celtics twitter feed has some nice KO highlights.

kitzbuel
05-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Haha. Shaq and Barkley #####ing about not enough Olynyk highlights during the post game clips.

Zagceo
05-15-2017, 07:01 PM
Its a ZAG YEAR!

KO makes a name for himself in a game 7!

ZagNative
05-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Awesome performance. Lots of references to KO looking like he was with thr zags on twitterI liked this tweet:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Screenshot%20173.png_zpskfhf6pyb.jpg

Ekrub
05-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Hilarious... all the talk of olynyk being dirty has died down with the zaza patchouli drama. And now KO with the huge game 7 performance.

Dont think he will be a celtic next year, unfortunately. What brad stevens does with limited talent is just amazing. Greatest coach in the world, in my opinion. Nobody does more with less.

Mantua
05-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Brad asked Kelly to step up for the playoffs. Kelly might be back in Boston next year. He's been stuck in a role all year and it took some time for him to come back from his shoulder injury.

ZagNative
05-15-2017, 07:31 PM
And Sam Dower chips in ...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Screenshot%20174.png_zpsaejths42.jpg

GeorgiaZagFan
05-15-2017, 07:42 PM
The year of the Zag? Gonzaga in the NCAA finals. Kelly Olynyk and Boston in the NBA finals? !!!! Keep it up KO !!!

MDABE80
05-15-2017, 09:22 PM
He just kicked ass. terrific tonight. It's playoff time. Great that Norlander posted a ZAG pic.

caduceus
05-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Video: https://streamable.com/uycfu

http://i.imgur.com/JtECDPE.png

MDABE80
05-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Good job Cad!

Zags11
05-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Hell of a job. Ian eagle was masterful calling his shots.

TexasZagFan
05-16-2017, 04:54 AM
And to think the Dallas Mavericks had him for five seconds. Well done, Cuban. I hope they don't draft Zach, he will not develop in Dallas, Carlisle is not known for developing young talent

thespywhozaggedme
05-16-2017, 06:50 AM
The staff should be tweeting this to all of their potential 'bigs" recruits. I would've forwarded that to Hepa as soon as the game ended. Kelly's performance as well as Zacs skyrocketing up the draft just prove yet again that you could come to Gonzaga and be a top pick.

CDC84
05-16-2017, 07:57 AM
I am surprised we have not heard of more stories of floundering (but talented) players on top 25 level teams taking a redshirt year, mid-career, due to Kelly's example. The transformation was so incredible that I thought we would see some notable players trying to follow the same path. Of course not every program has a Travis Knight, but still, most big name programs have really good strength and conditioning coaches and trainers. There is such a major advantage going into a redshirt year after a couple of years of playing experience under your belt. You know what it is you exactly need to work on, and you have the extra motivation to do it.

JPtheBeasta
05-16-2017, 08:00 AM
KO is a humble guy. At the press conference, with Isaiah Thomas sitting next to him, a reporter asked him if he heard the "Kelly" chants. He said that he did hear them between the MVP chants for Isaiah :)

His post game on-court interview was all about the team.

Pretty cool stuff. I think most of us, if not all, thought that he had this kind of game in him. Congrats, Kelly!

Ezag
05-16-2017, 08:29 AM
KO was the man last night. Nice to see the rally and put away as he outplays the Wizards by himself in the 4th

http://i63.tinypic.com/j73huo.jpg

TexasZagFan
05-16-2017, 09:02 AM
I suppose el chapo's not a member of Kelly's fan club. :lmao:

bartruff1
05-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Hilarious... all the talk of olynyk being dirty has died down with the zaza patchouli drama. And now KO with the huge game 7 performance.

Dont think he will be a celtic next year, unfortunately. What brad stevens does with limited talent is just amazing. Greatest coach in the world, in my opinion. Nobody does more with less.

It is getting more difficult to argue that Stevens is not one of the best. I never thought I would ever root for the Celtics, but when Brad lit that cigar half way thru the 4th quarter, I knew they had won.... ;)

former1dog
05-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Kelly is quickly approaching second best Gonzaga Bulldog ever in the NBA status.

TexasZagFan
05-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Kelly is quickly approaching second best Gonzaga Bulldog ever in the NBA status.

Gonna be real hard to top the guy standing on Everest.

CdAZagFan
05-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Would love to see Kelly have one or two more big games in these playoffs - would really give his career a boost. Aside from the huge shooting performance he had last night, he had a bunch of really nice passes that you don't see too much of from NBA bigs.

former1dog
05-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Gonna be real hard to top the guy standing on Everest.

Yeah. Stockton was really good, for a really long time. The only way I could see someone get to that level is to be a top player on a championship team.

Zagger
05-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Think I'll keep my KO avatar around a bit longer :)
Took the pic at the Zags/Wazzu @ Wazzu game a few years back.

sittingon50
05-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Think I'll keep my KO avatar around a bit longer :)
Took the pic at the Zags/Wazzu @ Wazzu game a few years back.

That was a pretty decent game for KO as well!

upan8th
05-16-2017, 03:12 PM
"It's not," to quote Mark Few, "as if he had an out-of-body experience. He's perfectly capable of doing that." Coach Few's somewhat annoyed remark addressed a 31 point outburst by Kyle Dranginis in an early season game a few years ago. The same quote could describe KO's performance last night. There's not another center in the NBA who sets more effective screens than Kelly. And there's no one who receives fewer passes when he's wide open rolling to the hoop after his picks. He might have had four more layups if the dribblers had even looked to pass when he was all alone. Doesn't seem to bother Kelly. He just moves to set the next pick, no hand gestures, no WTF (as I've seen others do).

So his "coming out" party has been way overdue. Overjoyed that his breakout game came in a series clincher, adding another 10 mil to his upcoming new contract. $48 mil for 4 years sounds about right. Hope he goes someplace where they'll PASS HIM THE DAMN BALL!

Robzagnut
05-17-2017, 11:40 AM
So his "coming out" party has been way overdue. Overjoyed that his breakout game came in a series clincher, adding another 10 mil to his upcoming new contract. $48 mil for 4 years sounds about right. Hope he goes someplace where they'll PASS HIM THE DAMN BALL!

That's not it at all. Even though KO's +/- is usually the highest on the team (or close to it), he is a reluctant shooter.

To replace my beloved Sonics I became a Celtics fan, especially after they drafted KO. I am a member of two Celtics forums/blogs and usually watch 10+ games a year. Their fans have a love/hate relationship with KO. Their two biggest complaints:

* He doesn't shoot the ball enough. He shoots an extremely high percentage from 3, but he isn't aggressive and passes up way too many shots. Drives the Celtics fans nuts, especially when players like Smart and Crowder are throwing up bricks.

* Almost every time he touches the ball he does that pump fake.

Game 7 was a highlight of what he can do if he stays aggressive. But, most Celtics fans opine that they get that type of performance once every 20 games.

bartruff1
05-17-2017, 11:59 AM
Celtics take Fultz ???......Smart and Fultz......I like that.....

Mojo13
05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
That's not it at all. Even though KO's +/- is usually the highest on the team (or close to it), he is a reluctant shooter.

To replace my beloved Sonics I became a Celtics fan, especially after they drafted KO. I am a member of two Celtics forums/blogs and usually watch 10+ games a year. Their fans have a love/hate relationship with KO. Their two biggest complaints:

* He doesn't shoot the ball enough. He shoots an extremely high percentage from 3, but he isn't aggressive and passes up way too many shots. Drives the Celtics fans nuts, especially when players like Smart and Crowder are throwing up bricks.

* Almost every time he touches the ball he does that pump fake.

Game 7 was a highlight of what he can do if he stays aggressive. But, most Celtics fans opine that they get that type of performance once every 20 games.

Yes...KO has had plenty of games like this in his NBA career. This one just got noticed because it was Game 7.
KO has just been maddening inconstant during his career with the Celts (and passive as mentioned above). He will string together 3-4 good games to tease everyone and disappear for 7-10. And he does seem to throw out a truly great game every 15-20 or so.

But so many role players in the NBA are like this. Loads of guys can easily have a great game once in a while, they are certainly talented enough. But it is the great players that do it every night.

Still KO has such a unique skill-set for today's NBA that someone is going to throw big money his way. For the poster who said 4 years/$48 mil., I think that is under clubbing it or at least at the lowest end. I can easily see him making $14-18 a year in today's salary cap. Maybe the Knicks will throw him the max (j/k).

I feel for every game like this he has the rest of the way, he will add about $1M annual to his summer contract....