PDA

View Full Version : Camps start June 20

zag buddy
05-07-2017, 03:49 PM
http://www.gonzagabasketballcamps.com/

We will all look forward to some excellent reporting. I will do my share.

2017 Gonzaga Men's Basketball Summer Camps

Registration NOW OPEN

June 20-23 Team Camp 1 (BOYS High School Teams)
June 25-28

Team Camp 2 (BOYS High School Teams)*
July 13-16

Team Camp 3 (BOYS High School Teams)

July 20-23 Advanced Skills Camp (BOYS Entering Grades 3 - High School)
July 24-26
Fundamental Skills Camp (BOYS & GIRLS Entering Grades 1 - 7)

*Team Camp 2 - Commuter Teams are no longer being accepted. All other teams need to email us at basketballcamps@gonzaga.edu to be on the waiting list for Team Camp 2.

Last update: 03/28/2017

Gonzaga Basketball Camps, PO Box 40126, Spokane, WA 99202 509-313-5531 basketballcamps@athletics.gonzaga.edu

primal23
05-07-2017, 04:28 PM
My daughter will be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zagdawg
05-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Who will be in town?

We know Gonzaga summer school sessions are below:
For 2017, the First Session runs from May 22 to June 30, Second Session runs from July 5 to August 11, and Full Session runs from May 22 to August 11.

What we know--

Perkins should be there.
Melson should be there.
Norvel should be there.
Jones should be there.
Larsen is supposed to be here.
Wade will probably be here.
Hopefully Williams will be there.
Kispert may be there.
Joel Ayayi hopefully will be here.
Rui is supposed to be with his national team.
Tillie is going to be with his national team.
Plus various old Zags working on their game.

TexasZagFan
05-08-2017, 05:22 AM
If I can get Mom to buy in, my son and I will make the trip. My new Zagmobile gets almost 40 mpg.

TexasZagFan
05-10-2017, 06:22 AM
If I can get Mom to buy in, my son and I will make the trip. My new Zagmobile gets almost 40 mpg.

Just enrolled him...it was easier to get Mom's ok than I thought. He'll be a camper, getting a 3 day break from his old man.

Bogozags
05-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Just enrolled him...it was easier to get Mom's ok than I thought. He'll be a camper, getting a 3 day break from his old man.

Which camp will he attend?

TexasZagFan
05-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Which camp will he attend?

He'll be at the Advanced Individual camp, 7/20 - 7/23. We'll be heading out Monday morning 7/17. Then again, we might take off on Sunday, it's a haul for four days let alone 3.

sittingon50
05-10-2017, 08:59 AM
TZF, do I remember correctly from posts gone by that it has been awhile since you've been on campus?

Zags_Fanatic
05-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Looking forward to seeing the alums from A Few Good Men in the scrimmages again.

TexasZagFan
05-10-2017, 09:57 AM
TZF, do I remember correctly from posts gone by that it has been awhile since you've been on campus?

Sixteen plus years, seems like yesterday I was on campus. My wife was blown away by the weekend there, which included a 90 minute extemporaneous speech by Fr. Spitzer on his book "Healing the Culture." It will be fun, I've never been in Spokane in the summer.

sittingon50
05-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Cool.

Campus has changed a bit.

TexasZagFan
05-31-2017, 08:54 AM
Bit of an update: looks like Big D will be making the trip with us. The last hurdle was passed when I confirmed to his mother and grandmothers that he did not meet the height or weight requirements for the zip lines outside of Cody/Yellowstone.

He won't be registered for any camps, due to time constraints. The kid camp follows the advanced skills camp. We're taking our time heading back, heading east to Mt. Rushmore before heading south.

Hopefully, we'll get plenty of pictures for the scrapbooks. I particularly would like to thank Silas and Josh for all they've done at GU, their paths have been a bit bumpy, to say the least.

jazzdelmar
05-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Bit of an update: looks like Big D will be making the trip with us. The last hurdle was passed when I confirmed to his mother and grandmothers that he did not meet the height or weight requirements for the zip lines outside of Cody/Yellowstone.

He won't be registered for any camps, due to time constraints. The kid camp follows the advanced skills camp. We're taking our time heading back, heading east to Mt. Rushmore before heading south.

Hopefully, we'll get plenty of pictures for the scrapbooks. I particularly would like to thank Silas and Josh for all they've done at GU, their paths have been a bit bumpy, to say the least.

Don't skip Devil's Tower.

TexasZagFan
05-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Don't skip Devil's Tower.

It's on the itinerary on the way home. First real stop will be Little Big Horn, DT's second, then on to Rapid City.

During the time Nate's in camp (Thurs-Sun), I don't have any other plans than schlepping around campus, hope to catch a meal or adult beverage with an old friend or two. Will try to get plenty of pictures of the boys with current/former Zags. Will surf the net for a couple of activities to entertain the grandson, too. My schedule will be light, to say the least, and I'm fine with that.

The Inland Ale Trail looks interesting, Big D can impress the locals with his impeccable pronunciation of hochgewächs. The kid's a regular at Lost Oak Winery, makes new friends everytime he's with us. If we can find craft root beer, we'll be set.

jazzdelmar
05-31-2017, 11:30 AM
It's on the itinerary on the way home. First real stop will be Little Big Horn, DT's second, then on to Rapid City.

During the time Nate's in camp (Thurs-Sun), I don't have any other plans than schlepping around campus, hope to catch a meal or adult beverage with an old friend or two. Will try to get plenty of pictures of the boys with current/former Zags. Will surf the net for a couple of activities to entertain the grandson, too. My schedule will be light, to say the least, and I'm fine with that.

The Inland Ale Trail looks interesting, Big D can impress the locals with his impeccable pronunciation of hochgewächs. The kid's a regular at Lost Oak Winery, makes new friends everytime he's with us. If we can find craft root beer, we'll be set.

Great side trip near Rapid City ..... Spearfish Canyon

http://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/drives/spearfish-canyon-scenic-byway

Bogozags
05-31-2017, 01:16 PM
Great side trip near Rapid City ..... Spearfish Canyon

http://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/drives/spearfish-canyon-scenic-byway

They also have a nice Greyhound Track too...with what I lost there in '82, think I paid for re-paving I-80!

Hey you might also see some Minuteman III missile silos on the way as Ellsworth AFB is there too!

a13coach
06-01-2017, 12:25 PM
A13's oldest will be at the Team Camp 2 from June 25-28. Right after Hoopfest! Going to be a long 5 days of basketball. Have been bugging him to not go all out in Hoopfest as last year his team played their way into the championship of his bracket via 5 games on Sunday and boy was he gassed for the team camp last year. So this I made it clear that performing in the team camp was far more important that a Hoopfest championship T-shirt.

zag buddy
06-19-2017, 11:18 AM
getting real close

thespywhozaggedme
06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Updates for all of us out-of -towners please. Thanks

MDABE80
06-19-2017, 01:04 PM
See you there Zag Buddy! Check your mail Tex! I have dinner or lunch waiting for you and yours!

Zagsker
06-19-2017, 06:13 PM
I will be reffing

I expect a pluthera of the following

Players and coaches yelling "AND 1!!!!!" after EVERY drive to the hoop

Looks of confusion when called for traveling

People yelling "over the back!!!!!" when a player out jumps a player for a rebound