PDA

View Full Version : Adam injured in Game Vs. lakers

Zagpower
10-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Adam was running out at a defender tonight when his knee went out. He was on the floor in obvious pain for quite awhile and then had to be helped to the locker room. He wasn't putting any weight on his leg at all.

I hope it's nothing serious.

Before this happened, Adam and Ronny were exchanging a lot of friendly banter and the pair even guarded each other on a few series.

SageOfZagville
10-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Let's hope it is a strain or sprain and nothing more serious.
:(

madness
10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
After all the hard work Adam has put in this preseason, I hate to see something like this happen. (Crossing Fingers for only a mild sprain)

Sneaky Long
10-20-2007, 09:19 PM
:( Looks like he tore his acl. That means out for season. Wish I had better news... The current zags look really deep.:confused:

wazZag
10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Already posted.

lawzag
10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I hope you are right & it's not his ACL as someone suggested in another post.

On a happier note, it was really great to see both Adam & Ronny on the court together again - even if they were playing on opposite teams!:)

cougs4ever
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Hope it's nothing serious, but it didn't look good. Prayin' for Ammo tonight.

ZagNut08
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Ammo to have MRI tomorrow

Initially diagnosed as a sprain

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3072513

as someone who has severely sprained a knee playing basketball...it is horrifically painful. Not as bad as when I dislocated it coming down from a monster rebound though

hopefully this is the case, sprains can be rehabbed relatively easily, and he can be back playing soon

ZagNut08
10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
are you basing that on what you saw, or did you read it somewhere?

soonerterp
10-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Bummer. Hope it's not an ACL or something that has to be fixed with microfracture surgery (just as bad as the rehab takes a long time).

JLGutrocks
10-21-2007, 12:29 AM
hopefully an AML or LCL minor strain. Adam, we follow you and your sisters here.

Get well soon.

Radbooks
10-21-2007, 06:15 AM
from the Charlotte Bobcat website:

...trailing 77-61 with 5:26 remaining in the third quarter, Bobcats guard/forward Adam Morrison stepped out onto the left baseline in an attempt to guard Luke Walton, but when Walton made a quick jab step, Morrison quickly tried to change direction and his left knee seemed to give way.

The extent of Morrison’s injury is not yet known, but it is currently being treated as a left knee sprain. Morrison cried out in obvious pain when he hit the floor and had to be carried off the court, but X-rays taken Saturday night were negative. He is expected to have an MRI on Sunday, so Charlotte should know more before the weekend is out.

“Hopefully it’s something minor but I felt a pop, so I’m worried right now,” Morrison said. “Hopefully, I’m lucky or something – we’ll see (Sunday).”

That doesn't sound good to me. :(

GonzagaLove
10-21-2007, 07:29 AM
When I blew my ACL, I definately felt a pop. I am always sick when I hear of anyone tearing an ACL, because it is a long hard road and the knee is never the same. I hope it is just a sprain.

GonzagaGurl08
10-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I read that in the Spokesman Review this morning. I hope that he will be okay.

MedZag
10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
A distinct pop is not a good sign. Generally a tell all for a cruciate ligament tear, especially when it happened trying to change directions.

Here's hoping for the best.

soonerterp
10-21-2007, 08:52 PM
This does not sound good. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bobcats-morrison&prov=ap&type=lgns)

"Our medical staff has had a chance to review the MRI, and they're saying right now they believe there is some sort of tear," coach Sam Vincent said Sunday, about an hour before the Bobcats took on Phoenix in the second day of the annual Staples Center shootout.

"Until they get in there and do whatever they do, who knows? But they are saying there's a good chance he will be out for the year. So I'm not counting on him playing," Vincent added.

Poor guy. Hope he gets well soon and dedicates himself to rehab.

:(