PDA

View Full Version : Few puts "nice guys" cliche to rest

Section 116
04-15-2017, 06:38 PM
I debated posting this is as the source is, of all things, the Spokane Journal of Business. The linked article is actually a guest commentary by Mike Flynn, retired Puget Sound Business Journal publisher. I found much of this be interesting, however, including the genesis of the private plane travel afforded GU basketball, the men who made it possible and the startup money they donated. Also noted is the fierce devotion of Few to his family, the "seat license" plan where community members became donors to the construction of the K-2 and more. I felt there was enough of interest to post! Here's the link: https://www.spokanejournal.com/local-news/guest-commentary-by-mike-flynn-mark-few-puts-nice-guys-clich-to-rest/

Akzag
04-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the worthy link. Much appreciated.

Zagger
04-16-2017, 06:18 AM
Great story! Thanks for posting ...... I found this part - neat :)

Few and his wife, Marcy, have three boys and a girl and in perhaps the most significant example of the importance of family to him is the story of when Few was once asked by a sports writer if the start and end of each basketball season represented the most exciting and most downer times each year.

He replied that the most exciting time each year was when his kids got out of school and he had a whole summer to spend with them, and the most disappointing time was when they returned to school in the fall. So much for the appeal of fame and glory.

rennis
04-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Good read

ZagsGoZags
04-17-2017, 05:39 PM
thanks for posting,
glad your hesitations did not get the best of you