• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagbeliever
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Jan 2013

Zach's dad's twitter

This really breaks my heart. Fallout from the way people have treated Zach for his choice. It makes me sick that people can hurt our players who have worked so hard with unkindness.

Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    Imagine that your son or daughter did nothing but work their arse off for what they loved. Gave their sole to a team and community...
    1 reply 0 retweets 3 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet
    Like 3
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    And then when they decided to follow their dreams, the local paper actually does a poll to see if people agreed with their choice....
    2 replies 0 retweets 1 like
    Reply 2 Retweet
    Like 1
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    And THEN the same community he played for and helped accomplish a huge goal, ripped him/her on social media or on the internet...
    Reply 2 Retweet
    Like 1
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    More over every single future high caliber recruit sees it. Somethings. Some people...I just done understand. We will always be a Zag family
    1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet
    Like 2
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad 13m13 minutes ago
    More
    But man, it kinda busts you up inside. For those that have been nothing but supportive. Thank you. And I'd like to think it's the majority.
  • gu03alum
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
    This really breaks my heart. Fallout from the way people have treated Zach for his choice. It makes me sick that people can hurt our players who have worked so hard with unkindness.

Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    Imagine that your son or daughter did nothing but work their arse off for what they loved. Gave their sole to a team and community...
    1 reply 0 retweets 3 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet
    Like 3
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    And then when they decided to follow their dreams, the local paper actually does a poll to see if people agreed with their choice....
    Reply 2 Retweet
    Like 1
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    And THEN the same community he played for and helped accomplish a huge goal, ripped him/her on social media or on the internet...
    Reply 2 Retweet
    Like 1
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad
    More
    More over every single future high caliber recruit sees it. Somethings. Some people...I just done understand. We will always be a Zag family
    1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet
    Like 2
    Mike Collins‏ @TandZsdad 13m13 minutes ago
    More
    But man, it kinda busts you up inside. For those that have been nothing but supportive. Thank you. And I'd like to think it's the majority.
    I doubt there is a college fanbase that wouldn't have a few rotten eggs ripping Zach for his decision. It really sucks that it happens, but there isn't a whole lot that can be done. Twitter makes it easy for morons to speak their mind to the players. I hope Mr. Collins will learn to stop reading his son's twitter feed because it's not going to get better as Zach becomes a lottery pick and hopefully becomes a great player for whatever team he plays for. I wish Zach and his family the best and I'm sorry there are some Zag "fans" giving him a hard time.
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Sorry to hear that. Based on this Board, I'd say the Zag community has been very respectful to Zach and his decision to leave.

I have no problem with the S-R running polls on whether or no they agree with Zach's decision. That's what newspapers do, and it was undoubtedly a major story in Spokane.

What's been the mood of his teammates and coaches? I haven't heard much in that regard, and that silence could be thunderous.

Just another reason I'm glad I stay away from social media.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
        I doubt there is a college fanbase that wouldn't have a few rotten eggs ripping Zach for his decision. It really sucks that it happens, but there isn't a whole lot that can be done. Twitter makes it easy for morons to speak their mind to the players. I hope Mr. Collins will learn to stop reading his son's twitter feed because it's not going to get better as Zach becomes a lottery pick and hopefully becomes a great player for whatever team he plays for. I wish Zach and his family the best and I'm sorry there are some Zag "fans" giving him a hard time.
        Joey Gallo, a Texas Rangers prospect, has struggled everytime he's been called to the show. He's shown some improvement this year while filling in for Adrian Beltre. On the morning commute, I heard he's attributed part of his improvement to avoiding his Twitter feed. I'm sure he was scorched in the past, as he'd go 1 for 20 with 15 strikeouts. His one hit was usually a mammoth home run.

No doubt the Collins family is stressed out now, with the life changes looming before them. I wish them well.

Comment

• Zagsker
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2008

Mike paints fences in no time...he uses a very broad brush
          I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• zagbeliever
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
            Sorry to hear that. Based on this Board, I'd say the Zag community has been very respectful to Zach and his decision to leave.

I have no problem with the S-R running polls on whether or no they agree with Zach's decision. That's what newspapers do, and it was undoubtedly a major story in Spokane.

What's been the mood of his teammates and coaches? I haven't heard much in that regard, and that silence could be thunderous.

Just another reason I'm glad I stay away from social media.
            His teammates and former players have all urged him to tear it up etc. I hope every Zag fan on twitter expresses something positive to Mr Collins and Zach. The trolls often have the loudest voice but they do not represent the majority of the fans. Man, I would have LOVED to have him another year or so but I totally respect his decision, as do most in the end. There is no reason to alienate him or his family. I agree they should avoid social media but since they aren't I left a positive note

Comment

• gonzagafan62
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
              His teammates and former players have all urged him to tear it up etc. I hope every Zag fan on twitter expresses something positive to Mr Collins and Zach. The trolls often have the loudest voice but they do not represent the majority of the fans. Man, I would have LOVED to have him another year or so but I totally respect his decision, as do most in the end. There is no reason to alienate him or his family. I agree they should avoid social media but since they aren't I left a positive note
              Just did!
              Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jan 2013

:[QUOTE=gonzagafan62;1316400]Just did![/QUOTE

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2012

Seems like this board has been about 80% supportive with a very vocal minority. Mike is a father who is trying to help his son follow his dreams. Period. I think the harshest criticisms have come from people that have no idea how the NBA draft works and are speaking out of ignorance.

Comment

• katman50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

That's the way it goes with social media. (I don't participate and have a dinosaur dumb phone). If one is going to participate in message boards, twitter, instagram, etc. they had better be ready to accept the good, bad and the ugly. All types come out of the woodwork. It's just the way it is in this social media age.

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Too bad that some people, behind the cloak of anonymity, behave like jerks. I'm frequently appalled by the comments people post on players' Instagram accounts, just rude, demeaning, and mean-spirited remarks. Wonder what it would be like to be the kind of person that finds pleasure in being unpleasant ...

Comment

• kclubfounder
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2007

In 2017 if you are a public figure (or if you are the relative of a public figure) and you have rabbit ears you are going to have problems being happy. Mr. Collins, the VAST majority of Zag nation LOVES your son and will pull for him until the day he dies. Do yourself a favor, put away the rabbit ears.

Comment

• Zagricultural
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Nov 2012

Too bad he is painting an entire community from a few Fringe maniacs. Everyone I have talked to is rooting hard for Collins to Star in the NBA. Fact is it's precisely why there is so much angst that he may be jumping a year too soon.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2007

Mike Collins, you produced a tough, stoic, smart, well mannered, mature, & hard working kid.

Enough of this crap.

Been going on and on and on all season behind the scenes.

Let Zach enjoy this moment, for what it is...just let him be for once.

My goodness.

I will miss Zach dearly, and very excited to support his future, but I surely won't miss his Father....

Comment

• cggonzaga
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
                              Mike Collins, you produced a tough, stoic, smart, well mannered, mature, & hard working kid.

Enough of this crap.

Been going on and on and on all season behind the scenes.

Let Zach enjoy this moment, for what it is...just let him be for once.

My goodness.

I will miss Zach dearly, and very excited to support his future, but I surely won't miss his Father....
                              +1. Won't miss Mike Collins for a second.

Comment

Working...
                              X