PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Recruits

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Zagdawg
04-13-2017, 08:07 PM
David Singleton, Scout's 58th ranked player, is starting to focus on recruiting after a state championship run

Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 52m52 minutes ago
After a state championship, @DavidGBuckets remains a priority for Gonzaga. Here's the latest on the 2018 guard

http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga/story/1770689-david-singleton-turns-focus-recruiting

CDC84
04-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Donny has been recruiting him like crazy. There are a lot of talented players in the state of CA in 2018. Singleton has HIGH interest in Gonzaga.

Coach Crazy
04-13-2017, 08:59 PM
It may very well come down to us and Arizona. He's severely underrated, as well. Once he hits the upcoming AAU stint, it's going to get crazy. A combo guard with his physical makeup and acumen gets put in places on that recruiting big board that makes blue bloods start to get in line. He could be Top 50, 40, or 30 on ESPN.

cggonzaga
04-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Singleton would be a great start to the class. Combo guard extraordinaire.

Zag_Dad
04-14-2017, 08:30 AM
How does a recruit not make GU a serious contender at this point? The fact that we play in a weak conference is no longer a liability. We have proven that, despite this, we can still make the championship game. In fact we have played in an elite eight, sweet sixteen and championship game over past three years. How many programs can claim this? So, come to GU... mop up the court with the "weak" competition, be on TV most games, play against some great programs in non-conference, play for the national coach of the year, be almost guaranteed to make the tournament and have a high likelihood of playing in the second weekend of the tournament. Not to mention having first class training facilities and staff that have a history of developing players and getting the ready for professional careers.

Other than the weather in Arizona is WAY nicer... it seems like GU is a pretty compelling program. It seems like the recruits are truly warming up to the idea that GU is an elite program. We will be on the short list for top rated recruits and will likely land some studs.

MontanaCoyote
04-14-2017, 10:28 AM
How does a recruit not make GU a serious contender at this point? The fact that we play in a weak conference is no longer a liability. We have proven that, despite this, we can still make the championship game. In fact we have played in an elite eight, sweet sixteen and championship game over past three years. How many programs can claim this? So, come to GU... mop up the court with the "weak" competition, be on TV most games, play against some great programs in non-conference, play for the national coach of the year, be almost guaranteed to make the tournament and have a high likelihood of playing in the second weekend of the tournament. Not to mention having first class training facilities and staff that have a history of developing players and getting the ready for professional careers.

Other than the weather in Arizona is WAY nicer... it seems like GU is a pretty compelling program. It seems like the recruits are truly warming up to the idea that GU is an elite program. We will be on the short list for top rated recruits and will likely land some studs.

I think you just made the case that playing in a "weak conference" is actually a positive recruiting tool. If I'm right I agree.

Zag_Dad
04-14-2017, 10:58 AM
I think you just made the case that playing in a "weak conference" is actually a positive recruiting tool. If I'm right I agree.

That's actually correct. I am no longer in the camp that feels like we need to bail on the WCC. First off, the conference is better than most think and getting better. It's also good to be the King! Owning the conference year after year with a high probability to get the auto-bid isn't so bad.

CDC84
04-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Coach Few said in numerous interviews this season that the #1 thing that is used against Gonzaga in the recruiting wars in their conference affiliation. It's yet another reason why GU is, at times, not very happy about that affiliation.

Few said in an interview with Rothstein (I think) that it is the only thing coaches can use against Gonzaga anymore unless you have the draw of being a blue blood program (a team that not only makes the tourney every season, but also wins national titles and makes final fours regularly). Few said that a guy who coaches at a non blue blood BCS university risks "losing" a recruit if he criticizes Gonzaga in any other way. The Zags have accomplished too much at this point. Few has shown that he is staying for good, the academics are great, the basketball amenities as good as any BCS program, a chartered plane, the team makes the tourney every year, etc.

Back in 2006 (I think it was that year), Deon Thompson chose North Carolina over Gonzaga. He said he absolutely loved Gonzaga, but he just didn't want to play in the WCC. He flat out said it was the only reason he chose UNC, and that's saying something, because UNC is a blue blood program.

Zagger
04-14-2017, 01:33 PM
......Other than the weather in Arizona is WAY nicer... it seems like GU is a pretty compelling program. It seems like the recruits are truly warming up to the idea that GU is an elite program. We will be on the short list for top rated recruits and will likely land some studs.

This has me thinking .... It'd be neat to have BB recruits answer a questionnaire about why they chose the school they did - with climate/weather being a choice to rate. I imagine that some things rate very high and some rate very low in a 4* recruit and different levels of recruits may show different types of answers. It might be a neat survey for the NCAA to conduct. Maybe they already have????

seacatfan
04-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Is weather that big of a deal? Players spend most of their time indoors anyway. Some places w/ good basketball programs can't be top of the list places to be hanging around in December thru February I'd think--Lawrence, KS, East Lansing, MI, Storrs, CT, Syracuse, NY, plenty of others I'm sure. It certainly doesn't appear that more southerly or coastal based schools dominate college basketball.

Vanzagger
04-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Big and empty sucks compared to standing room only. Most our players the last 15+ years have picked Zags over BCS, including "blueblood". We did get some before the PAC fully committed.

maynard g krebs
04-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Is weather that big of a deal? Players spend most of their time indoors anyway. Some places w/ good basketball programs can't be top of the list places to be hanging around in December thru February I'd think--Lawrence, KS, East Lansing, MI, Storrs, CT, Syracuse, NY, plenty of others I'm sure. It certainly doesn't appear that more southerly or coastal based schools dominate college basketball.

Nate Robinson was once asked why Seattle is such a hotbed for basketball talent, and he answered that it's the rain that has kids in the gym all the time. Could say the same about the cold in the upper midwest.

Zagceo
04-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Nate Robinson was once asked why Seattle is such a hotbed for basketball talent, and he answered that it's the rain that has kids in the gym all the time. Could say the same about the cold in the upper midwest.

Jamaal Wilkes claimed So Cal was hot bed for basketball because of the weather and number of outdoor courts.....i said maybe.....or numbers.

CDC84
04-14-2017, 02:57 PM
The weather thing is really overrated. Heister once asked Sam Dower on his show if he adjusted to the Spokane cold weather yet. Sam said: "Man, I come from Minnesota." Spokane is like Hawaii compared to living in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.

Besides, the kids are unbelievably busy when it's cold and the season is happening. If you aren't playing games, practicing (on your own or with the team), travelling, going to class, studying.....you're pretty much sleeping. Most activity is indoors anyway.

Spokane during the summer has weather that is very similar to most of the United States. I mean, it's not like San Diego, but it's pretty normal.

Zag_Dad
04-14-2017, 03:12 PM
The weather thing is really overrated. Heister once asked Sam Dower on his show if he adjusted to the Spokane cold weather yet. Sam said: "Man, I come from Minnesota." Spokane is like Hawaii compared to living in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.

Besides, the kids are unbelievably busy when it's cold and the season is happening. If you aren't playing games, practicing (on your own or with the team), travelling, going to class, studying.....you're pretty much sleeping. Most activity is indoors anyway.

Spokane during the summer has weather that is very similar to most of the United States. I mean, it's not like San Diego, but it's pretty normal.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the weather in Spokane. There is something to be said for four distinct seasons. But, to say it's not a factor is na´ve. Tell me that you wouldn't prefer to pull a pair of shorts on every day and walk across campus seeing the co-eds in bikini tops all year long. San Diego, Arizona, UCLA and a number of other schools can offer this. The fact that Dower was not bothered by the weather is comical. He's from MN!!

No matter how busy the basketball players are in the winter, they still notice the weather. The HBO series was a classic example. The kids mentioned how they only turn the heat on for special occasions and resort to blankets and jackets the rest of the time.

Gonzaga has an can overcome the weather aspect by pointing out the other attributes that GU has to offer. I think, on balance, the pros greatly outweigh the cons even if one views the weather as a con.

CDC84
04-14-2017, 03:22 PM
How many great basketball programs are located in areas like this??? And if they are a great basketball program, how many scholarships do they have left?

If you have a chance at the NBA as a top 75 recruit (whether after 1 or 3 years in college), you're not going to UC-Irvine because the chicks are hotter and the sand is warmer.

gonzagafan62
04-14-2017, 03:28 PM
How many great basketball programs are located in areas like this??? And if they are a great basketball program, how many scholarships do they have left?

If you have a chance at the NBA as a top 75 recruit (whether after 1 or 3 years in college), you're not going to UC-Irvine because the chicks are hotter and the sand is warmer.

I can also tell you weather in Kansas and Kentucky aren't ideal either.

CDC84
04-14-2017, 03:30 PM
A couple of the kids that SDSU snagged away from the Zags would not have chosen SDSU if Fisher wasn't winning 28 games a year at the time.

Weather can help, but it is just overrated when it comes to the major prospects. If I am kid that has little chance to play in the pros and has a chance between playing at New Hampshire or Long Beach State, well, different story.

roxdoc
04-14-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm with you CDC. Weather and references that there is nothing to do in Spokane are very overblown, generally from people who don't live here or haven't been here in years.

maynard g krebs
04-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Jamaal Wilkes claimed So Cal was hot bed for basketball because of the weather and number of outdoor courts.....i said maybe.....or numbers.

SC has 30 million people. Seattle has 3.

zagsfanforlife
04-14-2017, 09:29 PM
Jamaal Wilkes and Deon Thompson both referenced in this thread. Two people that my family grew up close to in our lives. Jamaal Wilkes is the salt of the earth. Great dude. Cool stuff!

WallaWallaZag
04-15-2017, 12:44 AM
Coach Few said in numerous interviews this season that the #1 thing that is used against Gonzaga in the recruiting wars in their conference affiliation. It's yet another reason why GU is, at times, not very happy about that affiliation.

Few said in an interview with Rothstein (I think) that it is the only thing coaches can use against Gonzaga anymore unless you have the draw of being a blue blood program (a team that not only makes the tourney every season, but also wins national titles and makes final fours regularly). Few said that a guy who coaches at a non blue blood BCS university risks "losing" a recruit if he criticizes Gonzaga in any other way. The Zags have accomplished too much at this point. Few has shown that he is staying for good, the academics are great, the basketball amenities as good as any BCS program, a chartered plane, the team makes the tourney every year, etc.

Back in 2006 (I think it was that year), Deon Thompson chose North Carolina over Gonzaga. He said he absolutely loved Gonzaga, but he just didn't want to play in the WCC. He flat out said it was the only reason he chose UNC, and that's saying something, because UNC is a blue blood program.

anyone who doesn't think the wcc affiliation is a major issue for the elite recruits has never been a high-level competitive athlete or anything similar, say chess champion...to be the best you want to compete against the best...all day everyday...not just precon and in march.

Vanzagger
04-16-2017, 09:54 AM
anyone who doesn't think the wcc affiliation is a major issue for the elite recruits has never been a high-level competitive athlete or anything similar, say chess champion...to be the best you want to compete against the best...all day everyday...not just precon and in march.

High level competitive athlete competing against the best? Zags non conference schedule is toughest in country. They play the most games in that little end of the year tournament. Everything in between is either in front of the Best Fans in all of sports or against Rabid fans that show up once a year just to try and rip our hearts out.

Have you been to many PAC 12 games on a Thursday night?

WallaWallaZag
04-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Zags non conference schedule is toughest in country.

this makes anything else you wrote lack credibility...zags non-con sos ranking was #69 (espn) this year...

edited to add: even worse if you go by kenpom...#127

Vanzagger
04-16-2017, 11:30 AM
The directional schools

Yes. When they step on the private jet they are heading to play NE Texas, Central Villanova, and W. Florida. I always forget to look for the abbreviations

TheOtherGreatOne
04-16-2017, 12:05 PM
The espn ooc schedule is grossly politicle. They rate duke as having a very strong pre conference schedule every year. Just look who they play. They play no one that can beat them and all at home. The only tough game they have is the big 10 acc challenge, and that's only because they have to play that. Eapn pushes the acc as the greatest ever, and as you seen in the tournament they were not very good. The acc champ was eliminated by a middle of the pack sec team, which the Zags eliminated by the way. I know nc won it all but the officials had an agenda. They had to pull the tar heels out against Arkansas Kentucky and the Zags all three. I don't understand this with them involved in the biggest academic fraud case in the history of college athletics. Southern Mississippi coach gave grades to 2 players and the ncaa suspended him from coaching for 10 years which will bring an end to his career,yet nc has been giving grades for classes they don't even attend, and have been doing it for 30 years and still haven't done a thing to them and even gave them this years championship. I personally wish every team not in the acc would leave the ncaa. That way the ncaa could have an acc champion every year.

TheOtherGreatOne
04-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Now that I have ranted bout acc ncaa love boat, about recruits. I would love to see the Zags recruit from Oak Hill. He is a 6'10'' 290 lb wide body. Coach has done some fine work with wide bodys in the past, and I saw where he visited Kentucky this week. He is not a one and done so he wouldn't fit in with them. This is just someone to look at.

Zagdawg
04-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted
Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10 2h2 hours ago
Gonzaga will complete an in-home visit on Wednesday with top-30 2018 @CalSupremeBball guard Brandon Williams, per source

cggonzaga
04-17-2017, 09:07 PM
He's the prized recruit of this class. Hoping Few is going after him like he did with Perkins.

Coach Crazy
04-17-2017, 10:10 PM
He's the prized recruit of this class. Hoping Few is going after him like he did with Perkins.

B-Will and David G Buckets could be one-and-done's. A Williams/Singleton/Cherry class would just...well, don't want to get ahead of myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HenneZag
04-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Nice video, Williams is definitely a shifty guard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TotWSBj0ZyY

Zagceo
04-18-2017, 03:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aUAKIYdWWg

Zagdawg
04-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 10h10 hours ago
Big day for 2018 recruiting, as Gonzaga had in home visits with @DavidGBuckets and @TheeBWill tonight.

David Singleton III

Brandon Williams

Dinos Trigonis‏ @trigonis30 11h11 hours ago
6-5 2018 David Singleton had a home visit with Mark Few and Donny Daniels of 2017 NCAA Runners-up Gonzaga tonite.

Reborn
04-20-2017, 07:33 AM
Brandon Williams would help the Zags deal with the loss of NWG. He has a very, very nice shot (beautiful arch). And he's cat-like quick. I think his quickness is his strength and the fact that he can finish.

WallaWallaZag
04-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Brandon Williams would help the Zags deal with the loss of NWG. He has a very, very nice shot (beautiful arch). And he's cat-like quick. I think his quickness is his strength and the fact that he can finish.

he's 2018...so wouldn't really be a nwg replacement...more like a silas melson replacement.

CanadianZagsFan
04-20-2017, 07:58 AM
This has me thinking .... It'd be neat to have BB recruits answer a questionnaire about why they chose the school they did - with climate/weather being a choice to rate. I imagine that some things rate very high and some rate very low in a 4* recruit and different levels of recruits may show different types of answers. It might be a neat survey for the NCAA to conduct. Maybe they already have????

It might not be possible but like to see a survey about how much a 3/4/5 star recruit loved GU from Day #1 versus their last month on campus prior to playing in their final March Madness. What would ratings look like ? What would comments be? What would 3 star recruit from day one survey look like versus say McDonald All American 5 star recruit say?

It would be great survey to review and look over every half decade or so. Just not sure how to go about one.

CDC84
04-20-2017, 09:55 AM
I don't know about Brandon Williams being one and done because of his height and weight. It would depend on the quickness of his first step and how good he is pulling up for shots off the bounce. He used to be a top 15 guy but has dropped some. Nonetheless, still an elite prospect.

I have been told that Singleton is really underrated in the rankings. He's in the low 30's, minimum.

CDC84
04-20-2017, 09:58 AM

All you need to do is listen to Mark Few. He said at the final four and other places that it's the only thing opposing coaches can use against Gonzaga. Almost anything else that a coach tries to do is bound to backfire.

CDC84
04-20-2017, 10:01 AM

For me it's Cherry, Singleton and Williams. All three. All play different positions, all wish to visit Gonzaga. I really like Cherry and what he is looking for in a school. He loves how Gonzaga uses JWIII, Wiltjer and their fours within the offense. When asked how much he watches Gonzaga, he said "a ton."

cggonzaga
04-20-2017, 10:32 AM
For me it's Cherry, Singleton and Williams. All three. All play different positions, all wish to visit Gonzaga. I really like Cherry and what he is looking for in a school. He loves how Gonzaga uses JWIII, Wiltjer and their fours within the offense. When asked how much he watches Gonzaga, he said "a ton."

I'd agree CDC. Cherry and Williams are 1a and 1b for me. Singleton is a different case for me. Sometimes I think he looks awesome and other times I'm just not sure. Definitely has a little different orthodox a game. If the staff loves him though I'm all in.

CDC84
04-20-2017, 12:18 PM
I am just happy that the staff is aiming high with this class. A key factor is that the staff have been on all 3 of these kids for awhile now. So the run to the title game did nothing but enhance their chances of landing them.

I'm curious who the staff is interested in as far as 2019 guys are concerned. I know the recruiting sites have a few names, but the list will expand this summer for sure. They can also use the run to the title game to help them land those kids as well.

strikenowhere
04-20-2017, 12:20 PM
What's the deal with Kamaka Hepa? Has the interest cooled in either direction?

23dpg
04-20-2017, 12:23 PM
What's the deal with Kamaka Hepa? Has the interest cooled in either direction?

Good question. Espn lists 13 schools. Zags aren't one of them. No idea if that means anything.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/214112/kamaka-hepa

ZagsObserver
04-20-2017, 12:26 PM
this makes anything else you wrote lack credibility...zags non-con sos ranking was #69 (espn) this year...

edited to add: even worse if you go by kenpom...#127

True, but last year was more the exception than the rule. But, they also play a lot of high level teams, so more rpi top 25 and 50 than most ( the cupcakes lower the overall number).

thebigsmoove
04-20-2017, 12:38 PM
True, but last year was more the exception than the rule. But, they also play a lot of high level teams, so more rpi top 25 and 50 than most ( the cupcakes lower the overall number).

This is the first time since 2002 our overall strength of schedule was stronger than our Non Conference SOS. About 40 points higher this year.

YEAR-YR NC/SOS
2001-02 79/62
2002-03 32/100
2003-04 11/107
2004-05 55/98
2005-06 5/79
2006-07 5/89
2007-08 6/100
2008-09 3/86
2009-10 24/94
2010-11 20/78
2011-12 36/104
2012-13 9/92
2013-14 45/86
2014-15 23/79
2015-16 6/92
2016-17 127/89

Zagdawg
04-22-2017, 07:18 AM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 10m10 minutes ago
Inside The Kennel Retweeted Dinos Trigonis
Another potential guard option on the radar

Dinos Trigonis‏
@trigonis30

Schools in to see Bryce Hamilton tonite: Gonzaga, USC, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, UTEP, Boise State, Hawaii, Santa Clara

Zagdawg
04-22-2017, 07:26 AM
D1 Circuit‏
@D1Circuit

Oakland Soldiers F Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635): 13 PTS, 9 REB, 2 BLK vs Indy Heat @Soldiers_Salute

Zagdawg
04-22-2017, 07:32 AM
Dinos Trigonis‏ @trigonis30 13h13 hours ago
And we are off at @PangosSweet16 Colleges in house: Gonzaga, USC, Washington, Colorado, Utah, Arizona State, Boise State, Denver, Weber St.

Coach Crazy
04-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 10m10 minutes ago
Inside The Kennel Retweeted Dinos Trigonis
Another potential guard option on the radar

Dinos Trigonis‏
@trigonis30

Schools in to see Bryce Hamilton tonite: Gonzaga, USC, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, UTEP, Boise State, Hawaii, Santa Clara

Underwhelming, at this point. Willing to see what he looks like as a senior, but I'm higher on Joe Ayayi, at this point.

Worthington
04-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Bryce Hamilton looks like an absolute stud from what I've seen, can't believe he isn't ranked higher. His NBA upside is much higher than David Singleton's in my opinion, he's moved his way to the top of my wishlist right alongside Cherry and Williams.

He looks the part of a 5 star prospect in these highlights in my view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj19R5sx5ME

cggonzaga
04-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Interesting perspectives coach and worth. I like Hamilton but not above Cherry, Williams or Porter. What's missing in his game for you coach?

Zag_Dad
04-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga ���� #EWE #ALLIN

Cassius Stanley, SF receives an offer from GU. Is this someone we've been recruiting for a while or us our interest recent?

Edit ... just saw that he's class of 19'

thespywhozaggedme
04-22-2017, 03:44 PM
6'5 Canadian guard, has some big time offers:

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2017/news/canadian-dort-doing-his-part-in-putting-montreal-on-world-map

https://youtu.be/sD9jsgU5wvI

Zagdawg
04-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 33m33 minutes ago
Brandon Williams (ESPN, No. 16) told ESPN he has cut his list to 5: Arizona, Kansas, UCLA, USC and Gonzaga. One of top guards in country.

Zagdawg
04-22-2017, 05:20 PM
D1 Circuit‏
@D1Circuit

Oakland Soldiers F Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635): 20 PTS, 12 REB in a win over Team Final @Soldiers_Salute

cggonzaga
04-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 33m33 minutes ago
Brandon Williams (ESPN, No. 16) told ESPN he has cut his list to 5: Arizona, Kansas, UCLA, USC and Gonzaga. One of top guards in country.

So you're saying there's a chance?!

Coach Crazy
04-22-2017, 09:01 PM
Interesting perspectives coach and worth. I like Hamilton but not above Cherry, Williams or Porter. What's missing in his game for you coach?

I should have provided more context. My apologies. I am very high on David Singleton. He's developing physically and will be able to compete as a starter at the D1 level as a freshman. Also a very well rounded game. So, going from that possibility to something not that...it's not as easy to be enthused about the option.

Having said that, Hamilton seems like a very accurately placed 3*. 6'2" and pretty slight. A good shooter, but not a great shooter. Not incredibly explosive, but does have some athleticism. Does have a few good moves, though. With his current frame, I don't see him taking contact well, and might struggle with getting D'd up and D'ing slightly bigger shooting guards. As well, not a tremendous finisher.

One thing I have learned since posting this, is that Bryce is actually only 16, and not 17 like most juniors. Dino Trigonis thinks he could hit 6'6". Given his age, I am backing off of being as convicted to what I see...because he still may have a lot of growing to do, and is still very young.

Coach Crazy
04-22-2017, 09:10 PM
Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga ���� #EWE #ALLIN

Cassius Stanley, SF receives an offer from GU. Is this someone we've been recruiting for a while or us our interest recent?

Edit ... just saw that he's class of 19'

Wouldn't be surprised if he is Top 10 or Top 5 by the time '19 is here, or sooner.

CDC84
04-22-2017, 09:19 PM
Dort looks like a guy who is already in the NBA from a physical standpoint. I am talking about if you just look at his face.

CDC84
04-22-2017, 09:48 PM
The most important thing with Brandon Williams is getting him on campus. I am just worried he's going to visit some place like UCLA, fall in love with it, and commit right then and there. Like Singleton. If they get the kid on campus, they have a real shot.

I often wonder if coaches like Steve Alford in situations like that will tell the kid, "Hey, if you go visit these other schools, you aren't going to be as high of a priority on our point guard list as you once were. You need to think about that before you visit Gonzaga." And it pressures the kid into making a decision. I guess the idealist in me would like to think that coaches would encourage their recruits to take all of their visits and make sure that their school choice is the right one, but the recruiting wars are vicious.

When you look at Brandon's list, it's really obvious that Gonzaga offers something that the other 4 teams don't. UCLA, KU and Zona are the blue bloods. UCLA allows him to stay at home, the other two allow him to play away from home but somewhat close to home. If KU and Zona can offer more PT and offer more intangibles than UCLA, they can push themselves ahead of the Bruins.

USC is on that list and on that list for one reason only: it's a hometown BCS team with a good coach where he'll be the "featured" player.

Gonzaga has it's own thing. It just depends on whether the uniqueness of what Gonzaga has to offer is his thing.

cggonzaga
04-23-2017, 01:44 AM
I should have provided more context. My apologies. I am very high on David Singleton. He's developing physically and will be able to compete as a starter at the D1 level as a freshman. Also a very well rounded game. So, going from that possibility to something not that...it's not as easy to be enthused about the option.

Having said that, Hamilton seems like a very accurately placed 3*. 6'2" and pretty slight. A good shooter, but not a great shooter. Not incredibly explosive, but does have some athleticism. Does have a few good moves, though. With his current frame, I don't see him taking contact well, and might struggle with getting D'd up and D'ing slightly bigger shooting guards. As well, not a tremendous finisher.

One thing I have learned since posting this, is that Bryce is actually only 16, and not 17 like most juniors. Dino Trigonis thinks he could hit 6'6". Given his age, I am backing off of being as convicted to what I see...because he still may have a lot of growing to do, and is still very young.

Thanks for the analysis. I'll have to watch more Hamilton.

Don't know what it is but I'm just not in love with Singleton. Watched a couple of his games tonight. The kid is a good basketball player. He's good at multiple things but not great at any. His best attribute would be his competitiveness I would say.

Tell you one thing, LMU is getting a stud in Eli Scott. Plays for Chino Hills and I liked his game way better than the Ball brothers.

Zagdawg
04-23-2017, 06:57 AM
The NorCal Report‏ @thenorcalreport 7m7 minutes ago
Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635) of @Soldiers_Salute doing serious work. Playing like a top 10 player in the country. 31 & 10 this am. #EYBL

D1 Circuit‏
@D1Circuit
Soldiers F Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635): 31 PTS, 10 REB, 3 STL, 2 BLK, 2 AST in a win over LV @Soldiers_Salute

thebigsmoove
04-23-2017, 09:14 AM
ive heard both Cherry and Williams are almost locks to Arizona...but idk...I guess we just wait and see.

Coach Crazy
04-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the analysis. I'll have to watch more Hamilton.

Don't know what it is but I'm just not in love with Singleton. Watched a couple of his games tonight. The kid is a good basketball player. He's good at multiple things but not great at any. His best attribute would be his competitiveness I would say.

Tell you one thing, LMU is getting a stud in Eli Scott. Plays for Chino Hills and I liked his game way better than the Ball brothers.

Eli actually plays defense. And his shot is nice. Not the most explosive player on the court, but can still get up. He has something that LaMelo needs to get, quick: physicality. Eli is well built for the next level. LaMelo needs to eat a sandwich or two. LiAngelo isn't going to struggle in that arena of the game...but dude looks like he has some pretty heavy boots. You would think that UCLA would be above recruiting an overweight shooting guard that either plays on the perimeter, or displays the post moves of a PF without much lift? I guess you take one, you have to take them all. Eli Scott is a better overall player than LiAngelo.

LaMelo ball is not a McD's AA, at this point. It's a ways away, but there is just no way that he and Cassius Stanley can be that closely rated to one another. Lonzo will have a successful NBA career, but the rest of the Ball family is going to have to prove that they are worth the hype. Because right now...they aren't

CDC84
04-23-2017, 11:45 PM
If the staff cannot get a player or 2 out of this class or maybe the 2019 one that they wouldn't have gotten if they had not made the final four this year, I will be extremely disappointed as it may be a sign that Few has maxed out the program in terms of what they can get, talent wise, from American high schools. If they can't get a kid like Cherry or Williams (even just one) after what they pulled off this March, it may never occur. It isn't about where these kids are ranked....GU has gotten some highly ranked players before like Austin Daye. It's beating out multiple big timers like Arizona, KU, etc. GU has to prove they can do it every once in awhile. The time to strike is now while the iron is hot. I mean, I am not expecting a 5 man Kentucky-like recruiting class, but maybe one big timer in 2018, and one big timer in 2019. If it doesn't happen, I may never happen.

BTW - I have never understood how someone can say a kid is a lock to go to this school or that school if the recruit puts up a school list and hints or flat out says, "these are my official visits." If a guy like Williams is a lock for Arizona, why doesn't he just commit, or not talk about Gonzaga and Kansas? Why does he waste Sean Miller's time? Is it fun to make the other coaches wait around for a decision when they could get started on their B list because he's a lock for Zona? I am not sure if I am making sense. I can understand someone making an educated guess ("crystal ball prediction") as to where a recruit might go based on this or that, but by definition a kid can't be a lock to go anywhere if he intends on visiting other schools or even if he announces a final 5 school list.

WallaWallaZag
04-24-2017, 04:17 AM
If the staff cannot get a player or 2 out of this class or maybe the 2019 one that they wouldn't have gotten if they had not made the final four this year, I will be extremely disappointed as it may be a sign that Few has maxed out the program in terms of what they can get, talent wise, from American high schools. If they can't get a kid like Cherry or Williams (even just one) after what they pulled off this March, it may never occur. It isn't about where these kids are ranked....GU has gotten some highly ranked players before like Austin Daye. It's beating out multiple big timers like Arizona, KU, etc. GU has to prove they can do it every once in awhile. The time to strike is now while the iron is hot. I mean, I am not expecting a 5 man Kentucky-like recruiting class, but maybe one big timer in 2018, and one big timer in 2019. If it doesn't happen, I may never happen.

i think this board in general has had overly optimistic expectations for what a final 4 would do from a recruiting standpoint to begin with...i think many want to believe that gu is different from the rest, but recent history would indicate that a final 4 doesn't significantly elevate recruiting (at least not immediately with a direct correlation).

i also think that the wcc affiliation has always put a ceiling on the program, but i also wouldn't say that few & co have maxed out yet

EEzag
04-24-2017, 08:30 AM
i think this board in general has had overly optimistic expectations for what a final 4 would do from a recruiting standpoint to begin with...i think many want to believe that gu is different from the rest, but recent history would indicate that a final 4 doesn't significantly elevate recruiting (at least not immediately with a direct correlation).

i also think that the wcc affiliation has always put a ceiling on the program, but i also wouldn't say that few & co have maxed out yet

We need to embrace the fact that WE ARE NOW PUTTING UNDERCLASSMEN IN THE NBA LOTTERY EVERY YEAR, even if it's only last year and this year. I mean, we have a kid who barely played and by most accounts will be in the lottery. 5 star guys no longer see the NCAA as a destination, only a way-point. We need to sell that and that if you are on a journey to the NBA, GU is a great spot to hit on the way. Those other schools sell exposure, we need to as well. This is the social media age, it's all about exposure baby.

CDC84
04-24-2017, 08:31 AM
Some folks may have irrationally felt an instant transformation into a blue blood or a semi blue blood program was possible. I am certainly not one of those guys. But I felt the achievement would allow Gonzaga to land one or two players it might not normally land. Just one or two. While the league affiliation may matter, think of Memphis when they were in C-USA?? Despite what some folks felt, they weren't overflowing with McDonald's AA players. But they were able to snag some guys that were big timers. Now I am not saying let's go get Derrick Rose Jr. and all the hassles he brings from a NCAA point of view, but it's an example of how despite conference affiliation, you can sometimes win the game. The key is sometimes.

I may be that the final 4 run doesn't pay off for GU until 2019. I mean, the recruiting and the relationships for the 2018 guys started well before Gonzaga went on the final 4 run.

It has certainly led to Gonzaga getting on some lists or getting recognition from some heavyweights. I mean when a kid like 2019's Cassius Stanley says he is "blessed" to receive an offer by Gonzaga, it's certainly a little bit of a different thing than even back in 2011.

HenneZag
04-24-2017, 09:34 AM
We will never be Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc.

My view on the F4 and recruiting may be a bit different than some. Obviously I will take a FF and a NC over anything. This year it may have actually hurt us. If we don't go as deep in the tourney Collins potentially stays,maybe even NWG. Collins had some great minutes In the tournament when it counted and highlighted himself solidifying his draft stock, NWG has nothing more to prove really, both on an education basis and took this program to where we have never been.

The problem with GU is we can't rebuild like the teams mentioned above. They get rid of 1-and dones and just replace with more of the same. We can't do that. We will solidify 3-4 star guys, but will still struggle to get the 5*. Making a FF may actually hurt us for this next cycle, sounds ridiculous but may be true.

We will continue to put talent on the floor, but will struggle getting guys to come to GU over the likes o UCLA, AZ heck even Oregon. Gonzaga very well will have the same recruiting model that we've been doing, here and their we will get a player we didn't think we had a chance on.

Gonzaga has filled the gap of talent with the transfer market, Wiltjer, Wesley, NWG, Matthews, Williams. That has boosted our success, with players that didn't initially give us a sniff. Gonzaga will continue to be this type of program where players come to win, have a good culture after the new and shiny wears off.

I'm not worried about guards at all, would be nice to pick up an experienced guard for depth, but Perkins, Wade, Melson and Norvell especially will be very dynamic. Kispert will suprise many of us as well.

We need a BIG or two!!!

Alum08
04-24-2017, 09:38 AM
http://news.gonzaga.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/GU-Volkar-Center-web.jpg

This will help more than the F4. Going to a F4 in the past doesn't help recruits succeed in the future.

HenneZag
04-24-2017, 09:43 AM
http://news.gonzaga.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/GU-Volkar-Center-web.jpg

This will help more than the F4. Going to a F4 in the past doesn't help recruits succeed in the future.

I agree!
Sweet

CDC84
04-24-2017, 09:54 AM
Yeah, that academic center is going to be a nice selling point for future recruits.

WallaWallaZag
04-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Some folks may have irrationally felt an instant transformation into a blue blood or a semi blue blood program was possible. I am certainly not one of those guys. But I felt the achievement would allow Gonzaga to land one or two players it might not normally land. Just one or two. While the league affiliation may matter, think of Memphis when they were in C-USA?? Despite what some folks felt, they weren't overflowing with McDonald's AA players. But they were able to snag some guys that were big timers. Now I am not saying let's go get Derrick Rose Jr. and all the hassles he brings from a NCAA point of view, but it's an example of how despite conference affiliation, you can sometimes win the game. The key is sometimes.

I may be that the final 4 run doesn't pay off for GU until 2019. I mean, the recruiting and the relationships for the 2018 guys started well before Gonzaga went on the final 4 run.

It has certainly led to Gonzaga getting on some lists or getting recognition from some heavyweights. I mean when a kid like 2019's Cassius Stanley says he is "blessed" to receive an offer by Gonzaga, it's certainly a little bit of a different thing than even back in 2011.

i agree that the ff exposure certainly opens some doors in the future...my worry would be that instead of having your heart broken once every year or two the zags end up having their hearts broken 3-5 times a year instead...wasting time and other resources as well.

however, if for every 10 second place finishes you finish on top once, maybe it's worth it...? not sure about the necessary success ratio to make it worthwhile...and if going after the elites potentially causes you to lose out on any top 75-125 types.

CDC84
04-24-2017, 11:32 AM
It's so hard to project this stuff because there hasn't ever been a program like Gonzaga before. Where's the program you can compare it to? Going to the Big East probably helped Butler's recruiting more than the back to back title games, but I also think that Butler's recruiting is much more difficult because while the geographic area their school is in has more very good players, they are 10x more schools competing for those recruits.

WallaWallaZag
04-24-2017, 09:38 PM
It's so hard to project this stuff because there hasn't ever been a program like Gonzaga before. Where's the program you can compare it to? Going to the Big East probably helped Butler's recruiting more than the back to back title games, but I also think that Butler's recruiting is much more difficult because while the geographic area their school is in has more very good players, they are 10x more schools competing for those recruits.

...is butler's geographic recruiting area any more competitive than gu's though? ...at this point i would say gu's is primarily cali...

TravelinZag
04-24-2017, 11:47 PM
Runner-up, and playing UNC well should say to a grad transfer or frost recruit, "You can be the factor that gets this program all the way. At larger, elite schools, you be just another in a long string of great players. At Gonzaga, you'll be a national star plus gain a second family for life."

Reputation for development and NBA placement are big selling points only if stressed. TV exposure is excellent. New facility only a plus for prospects who visit GU and see it.

Not buying the "making the championship game helps 2-3 years down the line, but not immediately" argument. Examples, please, and supporting data if anyone has them.

Agree about conference change, but GU can't do anything more about it, with the possible exception of being more creative in trimming travel costs. Big East would be the perfect fit for GU and that conference if travel costs could be reduced. Big East must continue to expand to keep up with larger elite basketball conferences. I cannot find a better fit for that conference (small private schools with excellent basketball programs, but not playing football, geographic extension to true national presence, etc.). Handle the travel cost issue by reducing sports, phasing some in, and aligning some single sports elsewhere (does Big East compete in crew?). Whatever, adjust and get this done; its the perfect match!

GU has done, or is doing, everything else it can to continue the superb programs it has built.

TravelinZag
04-25-2017, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=Zag_Dad;Owning the conference year after year with a high probability to get the auto-bid isn't so bad.[/QUOTE]

Big East! Compete for the championship every year, get one of multiple bids when you fall just short occasionally. Better competition prepares team for postseason. Perfect fit for GU and Big East. Be creative in cutting travel costs, and get this marriage done! (see some cost control suggestions in a different post, then add your own ideas.)

ZagaZags
04-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Keep an eye on Bryce Hamilton. 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFd8QHd4-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMj0l2NuR-M

cggonzaga
04-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Keep an eye on Bryce Hamilton. 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFd8QHd4-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMj0l2NuR-M

Love it Zaga. I like Hamilton's game a lot. Not quite the caliber of some of our other prospects but would still be a tremendous get.

maynard g krebs
04-26-2017, 02:44 PM
Just spreading a rumor here. A poster on a Duck site says he's heard "from a couple of former Zag players" that Hepa is a Zag lean at this point. Hope it's true.

seacatfan
04-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Just spreading a rumor here. A poster on a Duck site says he's heard "from a couple of former Zag players" that Hepa is a Zag lean at this point. Hope it's true.

Maybe this will be more accurate than when they called McCoy to UO?

cggonzaga
04-26-2017, 03:40 PM

That would great. I'd be pretty happy with a Hamilton, Hepa class to start off with.

Zagdawg
04-27-2017, 01:29 PM
NIKE EYBL ALL-HAMPTON: SECOND TEAM

Taeshon Cherry was absolutely terrific during the first session. Widely-regarded as one of the top juniors in California, the 6-foot-9 forward backed up his heavy expectations by leading the Soldiers to a 3-1 record while putting up some gaudy numbers in the process. Cherry's session was capped off by a 31-point, 10-rebound, 3-steal performance against the Las Vegas Prospects. You can expect Cherry to skyrocket up the rankings with continued efforts like this, and he is a sure-fire candidate to land on an All-Session team with every EYBL stop.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/784909?referrer_id=1748390

Zagdawg
04-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Cali Boost‏ @CaliBoost 1h1 hour ago
Gonzaga, Boise State, University San Diego, and Utah Valley sitting courtside watching our first game against Arkansas Hawks.

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Cali Boost‏ @CaliBoost 1h1 hour ago
Gonzaga, Boise State, University San Diego, and Utah Valley sitting courtside watching our first game against Arkansas Hawks.

Who are they looking at?

dhozagfan08
04-29-2017, 02:44 PM
NIKE EYBL ALL-HAMPTON: SECOND TEAM

Taeshon Cherry was absolutely terrific during the first session. Widely-regarded as one of the top juniors in California, the 6-foot-9 forward backed up his heavy expectations by leading the Soldiers to a 3-1 record while putting up some gaudy numbers in the process. Cherry's session was capped off by a 31-point, 10-rebound, 3-steal performance against the Las Vegas Prospects. You can expect Cherry to skyrocket up the rankings with continued efforts like this, and he is a sure-fire candidate to land on an All-Session team with every EYBL stop.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/784909?referrer_id=1748390

Sadly, I think our chances go down as his stock goes up.

Zagdawg
04-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 5h5 hours ago
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted Paul Biancardi
Gonzaga coach Brian Michaelson watching while priority recruit Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635) elevates his game to new levels

cggonzaga
04-30-2017, 03:01 PM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 5h5 hours ago
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted Paul Biancardi
Gonzaga coach Brian Michaelson watching while priority recruit Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635) elevates his game to new levels

Is it just me or is Cherry a Justin Jackson clone?

Coach Crazy
04-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Is it just me or is Cherry a Justin Jackson clone?

To me, he's built better and more versatile. I think he'll be a better defender, as well. Taeshon could pull a McD's AA appearance at the rate he is rising.

HenneZag
04-30-2017, 06:01 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bAfdSdp752E

Love his game. Fingers crossed

CDC84
05-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Cherry has said that he likes how Gonzaga uses their power forwards. He particularly mentioned JWIII and Wiltjer. When he was asked how much he watches Gonzaga, he said a TON.

I have more positive vibes about GU landing this kid than other people. He said GU will be one of his officials.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Cherry has said that he likes how Gonzaga uses their power forwards. He particularly mentioned JWIII and Wiltjer. When he was asked how much he watches Gonzaga, he said a TON.

I'm afraid to get my hopes up. The exact same things were said about and by Singleton and DD was on him for over a year and then all of a sudden UCLA offers and he commits to them. Coaches constantly recruit against our conference and sadly it works.

CDC84
05-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Cherry has already gotten offers from UCLA (back in Sept - visited in Sept as well), Arizona, Kansas, etc. You never know, but I expect a more patient process with this kid.

Once again, the key will be getting him on campus.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Cherry has already gotten offers from UCLA (back in Sept - visited in Sept as well), Arizona, Kansas, etc. You never know, but I expect a more patient process with this kid.

Once again, the key will be getting him on campus.

I sure hope you're right.

CDC84
05-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Brandon Williams just got an offer from Kentucky. Slam dunk McDonald's AA. If he doesn't go to Gonzaga, please go to Arizona. I don't like Calipari taking west coast talent. He's got enough guys in his area of the nation.

strikenowhere
05-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Brandon Williams just got an offer from Kentucky. Slam dunk McDonald's AA. If he doesn't go to Gonzaga, please go to Arizona. I don't like Calipari taking west coast talent. He's got enough guys in his area of the nation.

Welp - scratch Williams off the list.

LongIslandZagFan
05-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Welp - scratch Williams off the list.

Glad the coaching staff doesn't give up that easily.

harryzag
05-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Are you sure? Looks like he just retweeted Bol Bol's UK offer.

strikenowhere
05-02-2017, 12:56 PM

There have been a lot of firsts for this program in the last few years...the one I don't see ever happening, though, is winning a recruiting battle from start to finish for a blue-chip recruit over the likes of Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc. I'm not complaining; I'm sure the staff has plenty of other targets to pursue both domestically and internationally.

TexasZagFan
05-02-2017, 01:02 PM

4/22 article in the KC Star has GU as one of the five schools he's considering.

Hoopaholic
05-02-2017, 01:19 PM
There have been a lot of firsts for this program in the last few years...the one I don't see ever happening, though, is winning a recruiting battle from start to finish for a blue-chip recruit over the likes of Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc. I'm not complaining; I'm sure the staff has plenty of other targets to pursue both domestically and internationally.

other than Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, maybe UCLA not sure of other teams who can compete start to finish against that list to be honest

CDC84
05-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Are you sure? Looks like he just retweeted Bol Bol's UK offer.

Correct. My mistake. Take away the UK offer.

247 has GU as being warm, but 4 guys feel he's going to Arizona.

Zagdawg
05-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Gonzaga: "Having Mark Few in my house was crazy. We just talked basketball, you know how I can get better, things I need to work on, stuff like that. He took his team to the championship so obviously he's a great coach."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/top-35-junior-taeshon-cherry-on-top-of-his-game

zagsfanforlife
05-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Gonzaga: "Having Mark Few in my house was crazy. We just talked basketball, you know how I can get better, things I need to work on, stuff like that. He took his team to the championship so obviously he's a great coach."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/top-35-junior-taeshon-cherry-on-top-of-his-game

Based on those quotes he sounds az bound

JAGzag
05-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Sorry, but no way he's coming to Gonzaga. Hope I'm wrong and while we can steal one every couple of years or so, man...Arizona really cleans up with these kids!

B-hamZag
05-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere else. Saw it this morning on ESPN. Did we know he was in the mix?

Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer

ESPN 60 junior Miles Norris says he will announce his commitment tomorrow. UCLA, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Oregon and Arizona are his finalists.

ZagsObserver
05-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere else. Saw it this morning on ESPN. Did we know he was in the mix?

Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer

ESPN 60 junior Miles Norris says he will announce his commitment tomorrow. UCLA, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Oregon and Arizona are his finalists.

He's AZ or Oregon bound

Coach Crazy
05-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer

We offered. But it's going to be between UCLA, Oregon, and Arizona. Wouldn't be surprised if Shaq's kid makes it an Oregon vs. UCLA arms race for this big and Possibly Taeshon.

strikenowhere
05-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer

Chula Vista, CA - I'm guessing Donny Daniels was working this?

Zags_Fanatic
05-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer

I'll take schools that consistently beat GU for recruits for $400, Alex. Would love a pleasant Wednesday surprise but not going to lose sleep over this one.

sittingon50
05-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Didn't know about this kid. GU not among the 16 schools listed on Scout Hoops.

strikenowhere
05-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Didn't know about this kid. GU not among the 16 schools listed on Scout Hoops.

Hah - late under the radar push by the Zags to stealthily steal a prize recruit!

TravelinZag
05-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Being mentioned as a "top 5, 8, 10" etc. by players who opt for other schools actually hurts GU. Most of these likely had no intention of going to GU, and may or may not have intended to harm the school. However, the net effect upon those following this circus is negative. Ten prospects may say publically that they are interested, but if none come, the message is simple. The motive may be an egotistical "look at how many name schools are interested in me." But the message is, "if 12 guys said the were interested but didn't go, how bad is it." Guys be fair; if you are not interested in the Zags, don't mention us. It's a cheap insult on your part. The school doesn't deserve your put down, no matter how much it pumps your ego.

DixieZag
05-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Being mentioned as a "top 5, 8, 10" etc. by players who opt for other schools actually hurts GU. Most of these likely had no intention of going to GU, and may or may not have intended to harm the school. However, the net effect upon those following this circus is negative. Ten prospects may say publically that they are interested, but if none come, the message is simple. The motive may be an egotistical "look at how many name schools are interested in me." But the message is, "if 12 guys said the were interested but didn't go, how bad is it." Guys be fair; if you are not interested in the Zags, don't mention us. It's a cheap insult on your part. The school doesn't deserve your put down, no matter how much it pumps your ego.

Not sure about how much it hurts us, but you make a reasoned case.

As for the second part, that's sure true. If it's truly between 3 schools, then list those schools, not your personal HOF "Look who is recruiting me" thing.

But, I suppose once in a while, there could be a parent or someone saying something like "I sure liked Coach Few and Coach Daniels (or whichever) and I don't want you to close yourself off to them ..." I suspect that being a "parent-fav" as we often are, there could be some of that, sometimes.

JAGzag
05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Chula Vista, CA - I'm guessing Donny Daniels was working this?

Who had he helped us land lately? Thought when he came from UCLA he was going to help us land Cali recruits.

zagsfanforlife
05-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Who had he helped us land lately? Thought when he came from UCLA he was going to help us land Cali recruits.

David Singl...

Oh nvm

ZagaZags
05-09-2017, 09:09 PM

Does Jordan Mathews count as lately?

DixieZag
05-09-2017, 11:31 PM

Good question, don't know - other than Mathews.

But, given everyone talks about him coaching mostly the bigs, and those guys have worked out pretty well once here lately, not sure it would even matter if he never landed a recruit. But, it is a good question.

Murphy outgo lifer
05-10-2017, 07:38 AM

He was the lead recruiter on Jesse Wade. He's not from Cali but still a good get. I'm not sure who else he has helped bring in besides Matthews.

thebigsmoove
05-10-2017, 08:01 AM

I know everyone viewed Donny as being a boon to our ability to recruit Cali when he was brought in, but if you look at this record when at UCLA, its not like hes an ace recruiter. He has ties and all that, and has been able to get us in the door with some of these kids, but this really comes down to facilities, proximity to home, exposure, money, and climate. UCLA and Arizona win out on all those things usually by default. If we never sign Cali kids, is it really that big of a deal? I honestly think we have our niche and work it well year in and year out.

thespywhozaggedme
05-10-2017, 08:12 AM
I know everyone viewed Donny as being a boon to our ability to recruit Cali when he was brought in, but if you look at this record when at UCLA, its not like hes an ace recruiter. He has ties and all that, and has been able to get us in the door with some of these kids, but this really comes down to facilities, proximity to home, exposure, money, and climate. UCLA and Arizona win out on all those things usually by default. If we never sign Cali kids, is it really that big of a deal? I honestly think we have our niche and work it well year in and year out.

Isn't he pretty introverted? They don't make for the best recruiters, but they make for good one on one coaches.

TexasZagFan
05-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Wasn't Donnie the lead recruiter for our only one and done?

webspinnre
05-10-2017, 08:37 AM

My understanding that Donny was added due to his ability to work with big men, and the recruiting was a nice addition.

hooter73
05-10-2017, 09:04 AM

Exactly. The best recruiter in the world couldnt make a California kid want to go to EWU, or U of I when there are beaches and big money venues closer to home.

kitzbuel
05-10-2017, 09:51 AM
...is butler's geographic recruiting area any more competitive than gu's though? ...at this point i would say gu's is primarily cali...
I contend that GU does not have primary recruiting area.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Zags_Fanatic
05-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Miles Norris announcing on Instagram today at 5pm PST.

seacatfan
05-10-2017, 10:26 AM

I agree.

TexasZagFan
05-10-2017, 10:52 AM

Here's a couple of pics of our "primary" recruiting areas:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-DAWOX08nAz4snocJp1mme-9fH1f8zXq0tG2MBvUndbs0vKlC

http://images.boomsbeat.com/data/images/full/7332/earth_3-jpg.jpg

MDABE80
05-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Nice one! Gorgeous pics.Thanks Tex.

ZagaZags
05-10-2017, 02:11 PM
Here's a couple of pics of our "primary" recruiting areas:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-DAWOX08nAz4snocJp1mme-9fH1f8zXq0tG2MBvUndbs0vKlC

http://images.boomsbeat.com/data/images/full/7332/earth_3-jpg.jpg

If you look very closely, you can see Przemek Karnowski.

Zags_Fanatic
05-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Looks like Taeshon Cherry is paying attention as well, he retweeted the pre-announcement from Miles Norris.

btzag
05-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Any guesses where he goes?

DukeSilver
05-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Any guesses where he goes?

If it really is down to Oregon or Zona, I would guess Oregon ... More opportunity for immediate minutes.

But who knows? Maybe the Zags are gonna pull a fast one ...

Zags_Fanatic
05-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Now Miles Norris will announce on his local news, KUSI, at 5:45

Edit: The channel streams live here: http://www.kusi.com

JAGzag
05-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Oregon.

Zags_Fanatic
05-10-2017, 05:56 PM
And it's Oregon for Miles Norris.

JAGzag
05-10-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm sure all the koolaide drinkers will jump all over me, but we're a consistent top 10 team that, except for the occasional top-50 get, can't seem to cash in on top 10 US talent. I mean, our Championship run came on the back of tranfers (no complaints!) If Tommy and his international recruiting pipeline leave, where does the program go?

MDABE80
05-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Oregon.

Pretty amazing. Just amazing. BUT they were FF and do have all that money.

btzag
05-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Altman's got something weird going on there. No accusations, just an observation.

FF team, then has multiple kids turn pro and all the backups decide to transfer.

Only real returner is Pritchard at point. No 1 kid they bring in is a big time point guard.

He then recruits Brown to come there as immediate wing transfer. Then brings in 3 highly rated frosh wings somehow.

Just weird is all....

seacatfan
05-10-2017, 06:33 PM
What's weird is that Oregon has been relatively stable the last several years. When he got there he brought in a bunch of transfers, both traditional and immediately eligible grad students. Many of the HS recruits he's brought in ended up transferring out, more sooner than later. Most of his tenure there the program has seen a high turnover rate.

maynard g krebs
05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Altman's got something weird going on there. No accusations, just an observation.

FF team, then has multiple kids turn pro and all the backups decide to transfer.

Only real returner is Pritchard at point. No 1 kid they bring in is a big time point guard.

He then recruits Brown to come there as immediate wing transfer. Then brings in 3 highly rated frosh wings somehow.

Just weird is all....

"All the backups" in this case is two. Benson started the whole season as a soph and was replaced in the starting lineup by a fr when he was a jr. He didn't like it but sucked it up for the good of the team. Understandable he wants to leave and be a starter his senior year, as well as play for his brother. Bigby-Williams never cracked the rotation as a juco transfer until Boucher tore his acl and may want to go somewhere he can play. Hasn't officially left yet; just asked for permission to look around.

Zags had 2 guys go pro early, one retire w/ eligibility and one transfer out, the latter two apparently due to lack of pt. Pretty much the same and nothing weird about it in either case.

As to Oregon recruiting, they have done an exceptional job of player development (also like the Zags), going back to Joevan Catron, Garrett Sim, EJ Singler, and on and on. And they win. Nothing weird about it.

Murphy outgo lifer
05-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Oregon.

Maybe this will help give us an edge over Oregon with Hepa.

Zagdawg
05-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Proximity of the program to Nike is a plus for many recruits. They have had some challenges with transfers related to the rape allegations also playing time (like many programs)-- but they bring in a good number of high level transfers to replace anyone who leaves-- plus some very good recruits.

Play in the Pac12 and made it to a final 4 -- which helps.

There are a lot of positives related to the program that helps them reel in high level recruits.

Agree about Hepa-- I think it helps us out.

zagsfanforlife
05-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Exactly. The best recruiter in the world couldnt make a California kid want to go to EWU, or U of I when there are beaches and big money venues closer to home.

Wasnt going to say it, but now that that box has been opened... 95-99% of the top 17 yr old US kids will always choose the beaches, climate, things to do, bigger venues, more prestigious conferences and the women in California or AZ as opposed to Spokane. Not a dig because as alluded to, we have our niche, but that is why we rarely ever win vs UCLA or AZ

btzag
05-10-2017, 07:21 PM
"All the backups" in this case is two. Benson started the whole season as a soph and was replaced in the starting lineup by a fr when he was a jr. He didn't like it but sucked it up for the good of the team. Understandable he wants to leave and be a starter his senior year, as well as play for his brother. Bigby-Williams never cracked the rotation as a juco transfer until Boucher tore his acl and may want to go somewhere he can play. Hasn't officially left yet; just asked for permission to look around.

Zags had 2 guys go pro early, one retire w/ eligibility and one transfer out, the latter two apparently due to lack of pt. Pretty much the same and nothing weird about it in either case.

As to Oregon recruiting, they have done an exceptional job of player development (also like the Zags), going back to Joevan Catron, Garrett Sim, EJ Singler, and on and on. And they win. Nothing weird about it.

Exactly, they had two returning backups and no one else on the roster and both guys decided to transfer even though there were plenty of minutes to go around. Much different situation than the Zags and Alberts. As far as I can tell they have Pritchard and a grad transfer and five or six new freshmen coming in? Anyone else? 2 points, about 4 wings and a PF?

Just odd to me that his quality depth is jumping ship. Very Romar-esque style in my opinion, though he is certainly a better coach.

thespywhozaggedme
05-10-2017, 07:47 PM
I'm sure all the koolaide drinkers will jump all over me, but we're a consistent top 10 team that, except for the occasional top-50 get, can't seem to cash in on top 10 US talent. I mean, our Championship run came on the back of tranfers (no complaints!) If Tommy and his international recruiting pipeline leave, where does the program go?

Occums Razor: WCC

thespywhozaggedme
05-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Wasnt going to say it, but now that that box has been opened... 95-99% of the top 17 yr old US kids will always choose the beaches, climate, things to do, bigger venues, more prestigious conferences and the women in California or AZ as opposed to Spokane. Not a dig because as alluded to, we have our niche, but that is why we rarely ever win vs UCLA or AZ

You're over complicating things. Our conference is why we rarely beat those teams out for recruits.

zagsfanforlife
05-10-2017, 07:54 PM
You're over complicating things. Our conference is why we rarely beat those teams out for recruits.

You think the fact a kid could go to sunny southern california over snowy spokane weather is not a reason in kids minds? I would severely beg to differ.

ZagzKrak
05-10-2017, 08:16 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/19354152/junior-forward-miles-norris-commits-oregon

Norris, who attends Helix High School (California), is averaging 7.6 points and 5.6 rebounds with Earl Watson Elite on the Under Armour Association circuit. He also has blocked eight shots in eight games.

Gotta wondering how hard we were going for him...those numbers don't really blow anyone away. I'm sure he is a good kid..but just saying.

thespywhozaggedme
05-10-2017, 08:49 PM
You think the fact a kid could go to sunny southern california over snowy spokane weather is not a reason in kids minds? I would severely beg to differ.

Have you ever been to East Lansing in the winter time? It's disgusting. But that doesn't stop them from getting top recruits.

zagsfanforlife
05-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Have you ever been to East Lansing in the winter time? It's disgusting. But that doesn't stop them from getting top recruits.

UCLA and MSU are going after different kids from different parts of the country. If you are a west coast kid who hasnt grown up in the snow, you arent opting for Spokane winters over La summers. Just arent. Its ignorant to think otherwise.

Vman7
05-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Exactly, they had two returning backups and no one else on the roster and both guys decided to transfer even though there were plenty of minutes to go around. Much different situation than the Zags and Alberts. As far as I can tell they have Pritchard and a grad transfer and five or six new freshmen coming in? Anyone else? 2 points, about 4 wings and a PF?

Just odd to me that his quality depth is jumping ship. Very Romar-esque style in my opinion, though he is certainly a better coach.

Bigby-Williams didn't transfer. He just got a release from his scholarship so he could keep his options open. Perhaps he wanted a little leverage. Anyways, every indication is that he'll be back for next year. So your whole premise is based on a grad transfer (Benson), who wants to play for his big brother who's an assistant coach at another school.

Seems like you're trying to make a lot out of a little.

MDABE80
05-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Dunno about "ignorant" but it's quite likely kids in warm water port won't chose for cold dark short days. Even adults don't generally do that. When a normal winter day in the south land is 72 and sun, a kid really must want a GU Spokane program to chose Spokane. Some do but most wouldn't . I spent a few months in Kalamazoo in winter when developing a test for Upjohn. Then back to LA. I saw to it I never made a return trip in winter.

CDC84
05-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Occums Razor: WCC

+1

Few said it at the final 4. The only thing that coaches can use against GU in the recruiting wars right now is their conference affiliation. Fortunately, some kids don't buy into the propaganda.

I just have a feeling though that GU is not going to lose out completely on top 50 recruits in this class. And it maybe that they don't see the positive effects of the final four run until 2019. Oregon has been to the elite 8 and final four in back to back years.

maynard g krebs
05-11-2017, 12:04 AM

Four freshmen at this point plus Elijah Brown are the recruiting class. Pritchard, Keith Smith (Rainier Beach), Sorkin, and maybe Bigby-Williams are returning, plus Georgetown trans White and rs fr MJ Cage, who sat out last yr due to a major concussion. So either 5 or 6 returning players counting last yr's 2 redshirts, dep on Bigby-Williams.

Currently bigs are rs fr Cage, fr Kenny Wooten, Sorkin, maybe Bigby-Williams, and it sounds like White is a combo fwd, stretch 4 type at 6'8. Pritchard, Bailey nominally the pgs, Smith, both Browns and Kigab the wings though top recruit Troy Brown is said to have pg skills by some of their posters.

I'd suggest doing a bit more research before casting aspersions. The Romaresque statement is ludicrous.

btzag
05-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Four freshmen at this point plus Elijah Brown are the recruiting class. Pritchard, Keith Smith (Rainier Beach), Sorkin, and maybe Bigby-Williams are returning, plus Georgetown trans White and rs fr MJ Cage, who sat out last yr due to a major concussion. So either 5 or 6 returning players counting last yr's 2 redshirts, dep on Bigby-Williams.

Currently bigs are rs fr Cage, fr Kenny Wooten, Sorkin, maybe Bigby-Williams, and it sounds like White is a combo fwd, stretch 4 type at 6'8. Pritchard, Bailey nominally the pgs, Smith, both Browns and Kigab the wings though top recruit Troy Brown is said to have pg skills by some of their posters.

I'd suggest doing a bit more research before casting aspersions. The Romaresque statement is ludicrous.

OK Sean Miller-esque or Steve Fisher or Bill Self. Definitely turning them into some sort of factory school which Oregon has never been in basketball.

thespywhozaggedme
05-11-2017, 07:14 AM
UCLA and MSU are going after different kids from different parts of the country. If you are a west coast kid who hasnt grown up in the snow, you arent opting for Spokane winters over La summers. Just arent. Its ignorant to think otherwise.

I thought you were arguing that we lose recruits because of our inclement winter weather and was pointing out the fact that crappy winter weather doesn't hurt MSU, Kansas, Oregon, UDubb, Kentucky, etc. Again, the main reason that we lose out on top kids is solely due to our conference affiliation.

thespywhozaggedme
05-11-2017, 07:16 AM
+1

Few said it at the final 4. The only thing that coaches can use against GU in the recruiting wars right now is their conference affiliation. Fortunately, some kids don't buy into the propaganda.

I just have a feeling though that GU is not going to lose out completely on top 50 recruits in this class. And it maybe that they don't see the positive effects of the final four run until 2019. Oregon has been to the elite 8 and final four in back to back years.

Yes sir. That's why I love our recruits so much, they don't give a rip about that stuff, they know that we're a superior team in an inferior conference and instead of being followers and joining those teams, they'll be leaders and beat those teams. Love our guys!

TexasZagFan
05-11-2017, 07:28 AM
I thought you were arguing that we lose recruits because of our inclement winter weather and was pointing out the fact that crappy winter weather doesn't hurt MSU, Kansas, Oregon, UDubb, Kentucky, etc. Again, the main reason that we lose out on top kids is solely due to our conference affiliation.

"Solely"? Hardly...it's much more than that.

Off the top of my head, I can think of several reasons:

Peer pressure (Seattle, for example)
AAU
Academics
Unrealistic expectations from power 5 recruiters
Gonzaga still an unknown quantity outside of Pac NW/West Coast.

Allow me to elaborate on that last one: knowledgeable fans aren't as abundant as you think when it comes to Zag hoops. No matter where I go to watch a game, it's rare that the wait staff or patrons have ever heard of GU.

At the UT game in Nashville, I wore my DFW alumni chapter t-shirt, featuring the Bulldog in the middle of the state of Texas and the Dallas skyline. Several people remarked to me, "I didn't know Gonzaga was in Texas!"

Hopefully, Zach Collins cracked the ceiling for us on Burger Boys. I'm not counting on it. Our bread and butter are those 3 & 4 star recruits that we develop over 2-4 years. Last year was historic...let's not extrapolate that into unrealistic expectations for the future.

Good things are happening in Zagland, such as the practice facility. Let's show some patience and stay out of the staff's way.

Zagdawg
05-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Sorry Texas ---- I travel the country for my work also -- If I am in my Zags gear I get lots of comments ("great run", "how is the team going to be this year", "who do you have coming back" etc).
Like you said maybe the servers/patrons were not too knowledgeable about college basketball-- probably the first sign of lack of college basketball knowledge would have been a person not knowing which colleges reside in their state.

Don't see 5 star/burger boys pouring into the program -- but as long as the staff continue to get the guys that are the right fit-- the Zags will continue to see success.

Conference affiliation is a tough one sometimes to overcome.

Bogozags
05-11-2017, 08:17 AM
In the Bahamas on a cruise this week and one UNC fan thought GU was located in California and also thanked me (GU) for giving them the game!

Then a bartender (China) recognized my shirt (Gonzaga) and made an excellent attempt to pronounce it correctly and he new GU was located in Spokane and congratulated us on a great season...

Interesting how a foreigner knows our geography and a native doesn't!

TexasZagFan
05-11-2017, 12:32 PM
In the Bahamas on a cruise this week and one UNC fan thought GU was located in California and also thanked me (GU) for giving them the game!

Then a bartender (China) recognized my shirt (Gonzaga) and made an excellent attempt to pronounce it correctly and he new GU was located in Spokane and congratulated us on a great season...

Interesting how a foreigner knows our geography and a native doesn't!

You obviously circulate among a higher class of people than I do...:lmao:

Then again, football dominates in Texas. And don't get me started on fantasy football...

maynard g krebs
05-11-2017, 01:20 PM
OK Sean Miller-esque or Steve Fisher or Bill Self. Definitely turning them into some sort of factory school which Oregon has never been in basketball.

GU has to be doing something fishy to get all those high ranked Euros to pass up pro contracts to come to Spokane, right? Or getting American players who could go to power conferences to spend Jan and Feb playing in hs gyms? Obvious answer to that is no, it's winning, playing in a team concept, player development etc.

Same thing to a large extent w/ UO. They're getting low 4 stars a shot at the draft; Bell and Brooks weren't ranked that high but were stars in the tourney. Now higher ranked players are noticing how the Ducks are competing w/ UCLA and Arizona despite less overall talent, and signing on.

CDC84
05-11-2017, 01:32 PM

AAU
Academics

Allow me to elaborate on that last one: knowledgeable fans aren't as abundant as you think when it comes to Zag hoops. No matter where I go to watch a game, it's rare that the wait staff or patrons have ever heard of GU.

At the UT game in Nashville, I wore my DFW alumni chapter t-shirt, featuring the Bulldog in the middle of the state of Texas and the Dallas skyline. Several people remarked to me, "I didn't know Gonzaga was in Texas!"

Hopefully, Zach Collins cracked the ceiling for us on Burger Boys. I'm not counting on it. Our bread and butter are those 3 & 4 star recruits that we develop over 2-4 years. Last year was historic...let's not extrapolate that into unrealistic expectations for the future.

Good things are happening in Zagland, such as the practice facility. Let's show some patience and stay out of the staff's way.

Ask IMG if Gonzaga is an unknown quantity outside the Pacific NW, and they will show you they aren't with real facts. You can find Zag merchandising just about anywhere. Gonzaga is a brand name in basketball. Year after year they have more ESPN games than anyone outside of Duke. They have market value. There is a big reason why this year's final four was watched by way more people than many recent final fours, despite the fact that UNC was the only blue blood. A big part of it was Gonzaga.

The AAU thing is related to conference affiliation. AAU coaches feel it's a bigger notch on their belt if one of their kids goes to the Pac 12 or ACC. It looks better on their coaching resume. Go to some of their websites. They don't even mention the kids who go to the Big West.

Gonzaga academically is better than several blue blood schools.

The unrealistic expectations can still be attributed to conference affiliation.

Peer pressure could still possibly be attributed to conference affiliation. I think if UW were a member of the Big Sky conference, Few would be getting inner city Seattle kids.

thespywhozaggedme
05-11-2017, 02:46 PM

AAU
Academics

You're right, I should have said primarily. I live in Greenville, SC and wear my Zags gear everywhere. trust me, we are a nationally known brand and most people even now know how to correctly pronounce our name.

btzag
05-11-2017, 07:14 PM
GU has to be doing something fishy to get all those high ranked Euros to pass up pro contracts to come to Spokane, right? Or getting American players who could go to power conferences to spend Jan and Feb playing in hs gyms? Obvious answer to that is no, it's winning, playing in a team concept, player development etc.

Same thing to a large extent w/ UO. They're getting low 4 stars a shot at the draft; Bell and Brooks weren't ranked that high but were stars in the tourney. Now higher ranked players are noticing how the Ducks are competing w/ UCLA and Arizona despite less overall talent, and signing on.

Maynard you can stick with your story on Altman and Oregon, and I'll stick with mine...but GU and Oregon and their programs and coaching staffs are absolutely nothing alike.

TexasZagFan
05-12-2017, 05:30 AM
You're right, I should have said primarily. I live in Greenville, SC and wear my Zags gear everywhere. trust me, we are a nationally known brand and most people even now know how to correctly pronounce our name.

One of my BILs, a middle school teacher who's also a coach, has NEVER learned to pronounce Gonzaga correctly...of course, he was raised in Oklahoma, that might explain it. :lmao:

He's a good guy, married one of the worst of my wife's six sisters. We've got our own 'Band of Brothers', i.e. those that married into the family.

TexasZagFan
05-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Ask IMG if Gonzaga is an unknown quantity outside the Pacific NW, and they will show you they aren't with real facts. You can find Zag merchandising just about anywhere. Gonzaga is a brand name in basketball. Year after year they have more ESPN games than anyone outside of Duke. They have market value. There is a big reason why this year's final four was watched by way more people than many recent final fours, despite the fact that UNC was the only blue blood. A big part of it was Gonzaga.

The AAU thing is related to conference affiliation. AAU coaches feel it's a bigger notch on their belt if one of their kids goes to the Pac 12 or ACC. It looks better on their coaching resume. Go to some of their websites. They don't even mention the kids who go to the Big West.

Gonzaga academically is better than several blue blood schools.

The unrealistic expectations can still be attributed to conference affiliation.

Peer pressure could still possibly be attributed to conference affiliation. I think if UW were a member of the Big Sky conference, Few would be getting inner city Seattle kids.

Good points, CDC.

thespywhozaggedme
05-12-2017, 08:24 AM
One of my BILs, a middle school teacher who's also a coach, has NEVER learned to pronounce Gonzaga correctly...of course, he was raised in Oklahoma, that might explain it. :lmao:

He's a good guy, married one of the worst of my wife's six sisters. We've got our own 'Band of Brothers', i.e. those that married into the family.

A useful trick for the linguistically challenged is to ask them if we're the Zogs or the Zags.

TexasZagFan
05-12-2017, 08:53 AM
A useful trick for the linguistically challenged is to ask them if we're the Zogs or the Zags.

Yup, tried that one, to no avail. He does say "Zags", a head scratcher. lol

Zagdawg
05-12-2017, 10:26 PM
D1 Circuit‏
@D1Circuit

Portland BC (OR) F Kamaka Hepa (@kamaka_hepa4): 19 PTS, 8 REB, 4 AST in a win over UPlay @NikePortlandBC

Zagdawg
05-12-2017, 10:27 PM
D1 Circuit‏
@D1Circuit

Oakland Soldiers F Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635): 19 PTS, 16 REB vs MeanStreets @Soldiers_Salute

TravelinZag
05-13-2017, 04:41 AM

AAU
Academics

Thanks for elaborating on your last point. Would you mind educating me on how and why the AAU works against Gonzaga? Thanks.

sheps001
05-13-2017, 05:41 AM
Zach Collins was born and raised in North Las Vegas Nevada. Not too much snow there. Seriously, for the amount of travel they do during the Winter and to warm places, they are not rotting in Spokane. When I went to school at GU there were kids from Hawaii that purposely came to Spokane to ski! Packed powder best skiing in the world.

Bogozags
05-13-2017, 05:43 AM

Living in Hilton Head, there are tons of people visiting each and every week and I love wearing my Zag gear too! Especially, for our South Carolina fans...there favorite comment is..."if Thornwell wasn't sick we would have won easily or we had the second best defence in the country and we should have won!"

I congratulate each and everyone of the SC fans that bring up their men's team as I say South Carolina had a fantastic year with their men's team reaching the FF and women's team winning the NC...and I remind them that GU played for the NC!

thespywhozaggedme
05-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Living in Hilton Head, there are tons of people visiting each and every week and I love wearing my Zag gear too! Especially, for our South Carolina fans...there favorite comment is..."if Thornwell wasn't sick we would have won easily or we had the second best defence in the country and we should have won!"

I congratulate each and everyone of the SC fans that bring up their men's team as I say South Carolina had a fantastic year with their men's team reaching the FF and women's team winning the NC...and I remind them that GU played for the NC!

Yes sir! We'll be heading down to HH in 3 weeks for our yearly beach trip, can't wait.

Zagdawg
05-13-2017, 07:39 PM
D1 Circuit‏ @D1Circuit 2h2 hours ago
Portland BC (OR) F Kamaka Hepa (@kamaka_hepa4): 15 PTS, 13 REB, 2 AST vs Team Hood @NikePortlandBC

thespywhozaggedme
05-13-2017, 07:46 PM
D1 Circuit‏ @D1Circuit 2h2 hours ago
Portland BC (OR) F Kamaka Hepa (@kamaka_hepa4): 15 PTS, 13 REB, 2 AST vs Team Hood @NikePortlandBC

So if he signs with us and we run the high-low post offense and it's ran through him would that be the HEPA Filter?

Zagdawg
05-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Hepa leads Portland Basketball Club U17 to historic EYBL win

The Barrow Whalers had never won an Alaska Class 3A state title before he arrived.

The Jefferson Democrats had never won an Oregon Class 6A state championship until he got there.

And the Portland Basketball Club had never won an EYBL game in the elite U17 division before last night.

http://alaskasportshall.org/2017/05/hepa-leads-portland-basketball-club-u17-historic-eybl-win/

23dpg
05-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Hepa leads Portland Basketball Club U17 to historic EYBL win

The Barrow Whalers had never won an Alaska Class 3A state title before he arrived.

The Jefferson Democrats had never won an Oregon Class 6A state championship until he got there.

And the Portland Basketball Club had never won an EYBL game in the elite U17 division before last night.

http://alaskasportshall.org/2017/05/hepa-leads-portland-basketball-club-u17-historic-eybl-win/

Jefferson has multiple State titles at the 5A level in the past decade and have been considered the best team regardless of level many if not most of those years. (Much like Washington 3A champs are usually better than the 4A champs). They just moved up to 6A 2-3 years ago.

As much as I would like this kid to commit to the Zags, I try not to get too emotionally involved in any one recruit. Then if they do commit, I caution about overhype.

Bogozags
05-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Jefferson has multiple State titles at the 5A level in the past decade and have been considered the best team regardless of level many if not most of those years. (Much like Washington 3A champs are usually better than the 4A champs). They just moved up to 6A 2-3 years ago.

As much as I would like this kid to commit to the Zags, I try not to get too emotionally involved in any one recruit. Then if they do commit, I caution about overhype.

So, its ok to have Tacos but Kool Aid is definitely on hold...:D

WallaWallaZag
05-15-2017, 09:09 AM

didn't melson win at least one?

scrooner
05-15-2017, 10:18 AM
didn't melson win at least one?

Yes, in Silas' junior & senior years, when they were 5A.

scrooner
05-15-2017, 10:19 AM
It appears that the staff has not offered Hepa yet, BTW. I wonder what they are waiting for....

maynard g krebs
05-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Jefferson has 9 state titles, 6 of them in between 2000-2014. Think all of those were 5A, but some back Oregon increased the # of classifications.

sittingon50
05-15-2017, 11:40 AM
It appears that the staff has not offered Hepa yet, BTW. I wonder what they are waiting for....

According to Scouthoops they offered him quite some time ago.

thespywhozaggedme
05-15-2017, 02:43 PM

Pretty sure we offered him a while ago. He's even had an unofficial visit to campus, if memory serves me correct. I've got a good
Feeling about him.

Zagdawg
05-15-2017, 03:45 PM
He has been on campus for 2 unofficial visits (one while at a camp last summer where he played with the Zags after camp).

thespywhozaggedme
05-15-2017, 04:32 PM
He has been on campus for 2 unofficial visits (one while at a camp last summer where he played with the Zags after camp).

Do you have a feeling about him one way or the other in regards to committing to us? Will be perfect because JWIII will be graduating and Tillie will be a junior so he'll be getting a lot of pt right away.

Zagdawg
05-15-2017, 04:43 PM
I like our chances -- he seems in tune with the Zags (keeps up with them on social media) -- I hope he gets to come back to camp this summer and bonds with the team while scrimmaging (seemed a bit distant last year while playing with the guys the first time).

scrooner
05-15-2017, 06:44 PM
According to Scouthoops they offered him quite some time ago.

Okay, thanks. 247sports, ESPN, Verbal Commits and Rivals say no offer, but maybe they are out of date.

Zagdawg
05-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Taeshon Cherry*‏
@slim_reaper635

Final 8 coming tomorrow ������!!

thespywhozaggedme
05-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Taeshon Cherry*‏
@slim_reaper635

Final 8 coming tomorrow ������!!

Cherry and Hepa would be a ridonkulous get for 2018

Bogozags
05-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Cherry and Hepa would be a ridonkulous get for 2018

Might have missed this but has Cherry been on campus?

HenneZag
05-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Aren't Hepa and Cherry the same position? I'm sure we can play an hybrid 3/4 etc.

If we can sign one or the other who would you rather get?

Zagdawg
05-16-2017, 10:24 AM
Cherry --Small forward
Hepa-- Power Forward

thespywhozaggedme
05-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Cherry --Small forward
Hepa-- Power Forward

This.

HenneZag
05-16-2017, 10:31 AM
Cherry --Small forward
Hepa-- Power Forward

Beautiful. Let's make this happen.

Bogozags
05-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Might have missed this but has Cherry been on campus?

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks...

Zagdawg
05-16-2017, 04:32 PM
He has not taken any official visits yet.

"I'm probably going to narrow things down pretty soon. I was thinking I was going to do it after this session but I'm going to talk things over with my family and we'll decide if I should narrow things down or wait a little longer. I plan on cutting a list to a top five and then take those five official visits in the fall."

Coach Crazy
05-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Cherry and Hepa are interchangeable. They would be a really frustrating tandem to play against. You don't really have a 3 and a 4, at that point. You just have the basketball equivalent of a "5-tool" player. "5-tool" forwards. You add CK and possibly Rui to that, and you're looking at depth that is impossible to match up with.

TravelinZag
05-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Cherry and Hepa are interchangeable. You add CK and possibly Rui to that, and you're looking at depth that is impossible to match up with.

But height that is impossible to find. Need some bigs, but so far, none we are aware of that Zags are even seeking in graduate transfers or recruiting interests for '17, '18, '19 etc. Have to pray for a couple of European players.

Coach Crazy
05-16-2017, 09:07 PM
But height that is impossible to find. Need some bigs, but so far, none we are aware of that Zags are even seeking in graduate transfers or recruiting interests for '17, '18, '19 etc. Have to pray for a couple of European players.

They've offered Kamaka and shown interest. They offered Taeshon and shown interest. They are also awaiting Kameron Rooks's decision for '17, as a grad transfer.

We can always use depth, but we also don't know what we have in Jacob Larsen. If he is freshman-Tillie good, then our frontline needs another big to shore up depth, and it'll be a formidable forward pack.

zagsfanforlife
05-16-2017, 09:45 PM
They've offered Kamaka and shown interest. They offered Taeshon and shown interest. They are also awaiting Kameron Rooks's decision for '17, as a grad transfer.

We can always use depth, but we also don't know what we have in Jacob Larsen. If he is freshman-Tillie good, then our frontline needs another big to shore up depth, and it'll be a formidable forward pack.

I like Cherry. Has a very good looking stroke for a big man. Would have to beat out AZ though. Rooks = Edwards impact.

Coach Crazy
05-16-2017, 10:35 PM
I like Cherry. Has a very good looking stroke for a big man. Would have to beat out AZ though. Rooks = Edwards impact.

Disagree. On a Cuonzo Martin team, with the weaknesses he has, and still finds a way to be a 5 DBPM player says something. He's better than Edwards and gives you the depth and post option to maintain a bit more of last year's deep post entries than would otherwise be likely.

Bogozags
05-17-2017, 03:17 AM
He has not taken any official visits yet.

"I'm probably going to narrow things down pretty soon. I was thinking I was going to do it after this session but I'm going to talk things over with my family and we'll decide if I should narrow things down or wait a little longer. I plan on cutting a list to a top five and then take those five official visits in the fall."

Thank You!

Zagdawg
05-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Made the final 8

Jerry Meyer‏ @jerrymeyer247 24m24 minutes ago
Jerry Meyer Retweeted Taeshon Cherry*
Teashon Cherry, 4-star forward down to Oregon, SDSU, Texas A&M, USC, Arizona, FSU, Gonzaga & UCLA http://247sports.com/Player/Taeshon-Cherry-85006 …

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/zagdawg/Cherry.png (http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/zagdawg/media/Cherry.png.html)

Zagdawg
05-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 1h1 hour ago
Tevian Jones says Gonzaga is among 3 recruiting him the hardest. 2018 4-star 6'6 wing from Arizona @TheReal_TJones

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tevian-jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQAwtxiUZo

cggonzaga
05-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Jones looks to have elite athleticism. Funky shot but it goes in. While no defensive highlights he looks like he could be an elite defender.

seacatfan
05-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Hasn't Cherry gotten the memo that SDSU is falling like a rock?

HenneZag
05-17-2017, 01:42 PM
If we don't snag Hepa or Cherry I will be a bit discouraged after the FF run.

Our conference as a whole doesn't do much to help us out.

ZagsObserver
05-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Cherry is elite. Will be tough, but GU is positioned very well. Hepa would also be a great get.

Jones could be a contributing player for GU. Defensively good, offensively he is currently lacking skills tat would put him in the upper tier.

jazzdelmar
05-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Hasn't Cherry gotten the memo that SDSU is falling like a rock?

St Augustine a top SD program. Just a courtesy I'm sure. Long standing habit burnishes both brands.

seacatfan
05-17-2017, 04:15 PM
St Augustine a top SD program. Just a courtesy I'm sure. Long standing habit burnishes both brands.

I don't pretend to have any idea what decisions these kids will make. After McCoy picked UNLV recently, you just never know.

Coach Crazy
05-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 1h1 hour ago
Tevian Jones says Gonzaga is among 3 recruiting him the hardest. 2018 4-star 6'6 wing from Arizona @TheReal_TJones

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tevian-jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQAwtxiUZo

Look at that kids feet. He could still possibly put on 2 or 3 inches of height. Definitely not close to filling out. Definitely worth a schollie.

kitzbuel
05-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Look at that kids feet. He could still possibly put on 2 or 3 inches of height. Definitely not close to filling out. Definitely worth a schollie.

What is he, a puppy?

:)

HenneZag
05-17-2017, 10:20 PM

He kind of reminds men of Gerard Coleman...anybody else see that?

Bogozags
05-18-2017, 03:51 AM
He kind of reminds men of Gerard Coleman...anybody else see that?

Sorry, I don't see the comparison...he is wirey but he can make an out side shot AND use both hands...Coleman was quick as a cat but all he could do offensively was drive and then only with his left hand...jmho

TravelinZag
05-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Just so I have some info: isn't U of Az out of, or nearly out of scholarships? The cannot possibly be in contention for all of the players some are contending are locks for the Wildcats.

Zagdawg
05-18-2017, 07:07 AM
I believe they have one scholly left--- Seacat --does that sound right?

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Arizona scholarships status:

They currently have 1 remaining scholarship to offer for 2017, and would have 2 if Rawle Alkins remains in the draft, which seems 50-50.

They are hoping to land Pitt grad transfer Cameron Johnson, who keep in mind has 2 years of remaining eligibility, so that scholarship would also be locked up for 2018.

Here are the guys that will for sure be coming off of the books after next season:

Parker Jackson-Cartwright (senior)
Dusan Ristic (senior)
Keanu Pinder (senior)

Here are some guys who could potentially leave after next year:

DeAndre Ayton (likely one and done)
Allonzo Trier (likely gone after next year)

As Chance Comanche proved, there could always be a surprise or two after that, but I would think that would impact more of the late 2018 targets than the guys that want to commit sooner than later.

So far, here are the 2018 commits for Arizona:

Emmanuel Akot
Shareef O'Neal

So here are the overall 2018 scholarships likely to already be spoken for (13 available):

1. Dylan Smith
2. Alex Barcello
3. Ira Lee
4. Brandon Randolph
5. Emmanuel Akot
6. Shareef O'Neal
7. Chase Jeter
8. Cameron Johnson?

So in other words, they have 5 open spots, easily. Expect them to land a bunch more studs, probably multiple of them who also consider Gonzaga.

hooter73
05-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Jones does have that funky release. Not seeing any percentage stats for him on any of the sites.

ZagsObserver
05-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Jones does have that funky release. Not seeing any percentage stats for him on any of the sites.

He's not a shooter. But, if you liked Errol knight, he could be version 1.1.

CDC84
05-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Arizona scholarships status:

They currently have 1 remaining scholarship to offer for 2017, and would have 2 if Rawle Alkins remains in the draft, which seems 50-50.

They are hoping to land Pitt grad transfer Cameron Johnson, who keep in mind has 2 years of remaining eligibility, so that scholarship would also be locked up for 2018.

Here are the guys that will for sure be coming off of the books after next season:

Parker Jackson-Cartwright (senior)
Dusan Ristic (senior)
Keanu Pinder (senior)

Here are some guys who could potentially leave after next year:

DeAndre Ayton (likely one and done)
Allonzo Trier (likely gone after next year)

As Chance Comanche proved, there could always be a surprise or two after that, but I would think that would impact more of the late 2018 targets than the guys that want to commit sooner than later.

So far, here are the 2018 commits for Arizona:

Emmanuel Akot
Shareef O'Neal

So here are the overall 2018 scholarships likely to already be spoken for (13 available):

1. Dylan Smith
2. Alex Barcello
3. Ira Lee
4. Brandon Randolph
5. Emmanuel Akot
6. Shareef O'Neal
7. Chase Jeter
8. Cameron Johnson?

So in other words, they have 5 open spots, easily. Expect them to land a bunch more studs, probably multiple of them who also consider Gonzaga.

It would be nice for GU to get at least one of those kids.

Zagdawg
05-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Gonzaga Guru‏ @GonzagaGuru 3m3 minutes ago

Gonzaga is the favorite to land 2018 4⭐️ forward Kamaka Hepa according to @BIReports & @jerrymeyer247
http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Kamaka-Hepa-at-Jefferson-151226/CurrentExpertPredictions … @kamaka_hepa4

tyra
05-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Kamaka Hepa will make us forget Chase Jeter!

Coach Crazy
05-24-2017, 08:38 PM

Chase who?

Zagdawg
05-28-2017, 09:02 PM
http://d1vision.com/taeshon-cherry-talks-eight-sets-timeline/

doctorzag
05-28-2017, 09:05 PM

Kamaka Hepa is visiting USC tomorrow.

Coach Crazy
05-28-2017, 09:38 PM
http://d1vision.com/taeshon-cherry-talks-eight-sets-timeline/

USC or Zona

ZagOD7540
05-28-2017, 10:01 PM
USC or Zona

No doubt about it. He's AZ bound. Look at his comments about all the schools. Not too hard to figure out. AZ has just been killing it on the recruiting trail. Odds of him becoming a Zag are slim to none

Damn it!!

SLOZag
05-29-2017, 12:11 AM
247 believes we have not yet offered Hepa.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Recruitment-heating-up-for-4-star-PF-Kamaka-Hepa-52937720

DixieZag
05-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Unless we get an unexpected Euro or 4 (not impossible), does it not feel like we're slipping a bit? I don't think "unexpected jumps" to the draft as a reason, none of late seem that "unexpected."

Zagdawg
05-29-2017, 10:26 AM
Not sure where we can go from the championship game -- but there might be a bit of a slip as we reset (I guess we can win it all at some point).

Going to wait to see what the new guys and redshirts bring before I declare us a down year.

willandi
05-29-2017, 11:52 AM
I feel that we have as good a chance as last year. We lose PK and Collins, and that's a huge loss, but the 3 man rotation will be great. We could use another big for depth, but those 3 are also why no Grad transfers have come...yet. They all want to start.

The backcourt will miss NWG and Matthews, but the ball handlers we have coupled with the outside shooters coming in will more than replace them (IMO)

Kispert, Norvell and Rui will give the Zags a wing that they have been seeking for some time.

Another FF would NOT surprise me this up-coming seasons, and a NC is always a possibility, with a few breaks and bounces.

DixieZag
05-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Not sure where we can go from the championship game -- but there might be a bit of a slip as we reset (I guess we can win it all at some point).

Going to wait to see what the new guys and redshirts bring before I declare us a down year.

Yes, your point is well-taken.

I am referring only to "slipping" with regard to 4-5 star recruits - especially bigs, on the horizon.

No doubt that it would be near impossible not to "slip" some from the 4-5 star recruits (bigs) of late, either.

I, too, am excited about the talent next year. Though, without regard to talent, we now see that it takes a "Nigel-type" to get there, someone has to step up to be that type.

tyra
05-29-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm from the school that believes we need another big for next year -- for foul trouble back up and injury insurance. Even without one, I think we can be fine but I believe more strongly that we need something in the pipeline for 18. If we don't get Hepa (after losing JWIII next year and perhaps even Killian), we will REALLY need some help.

CDC84
05-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Not sure I understand why all these recruits are all into USC. They will always play second fiddle to UCLA in basketball, and has been shown already, the school will toss the men's basketball team under the bus to protect football. It is a total football school. I think Andy is doing a great job there, but why USC if you have serious NBA aspirations?

Coach Crazy
05-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Not sure I understand why all these recruits are all into USC. They will always play second fiddle to UCLA in basketball, and has been shown already, the school will toss the men's basketball team under the bus to protect football. It is a total football school. I think Andy is doing a great job there, but why USC if you have serious NBA aspirations?

It's good to know, though. If their final choice is USC, they weren't good enough to play here. They'd need time to become GU material.

ZAG 4 LIFE
05-29-2017, 07:34 PM
I'm from the school that believes we need another big for next year -- for foul trouble back up and injury insurance. Even without one, I think we can be fine but I believe more strongly that we need something in the pipeline for 18. If we don't get Hepa (after losing JWIII next year and perhaps even Killian), we will REALLY need some help.

No question about this... Zags have one 5-man next year, and he's played zero D1 minutes, and
Is coming off an ACL surgery... very thin up front... give me Rooks, or any serviceable, team oriented
Big... stat!

maynard g krebs
05-29-2017, 08:13 PM

I think it's simple. Dunk city at FGCU. Kids love the style and freedom.

seacatfan
05-29-2017, 08:21 PM

They've been good off and on over the years. Raveling had some good teams. So did Bibby. I'm sure they've been better than UCLA a few times. It's still in LA, it's a good school, they have a big athletic department. If being a football school first was a deal killer, then how would you explain recruiting success at schools like Texas, Ohio St., Florida etc. over the years? I think the current coach has them heading in a good direction, they might be real good this year.

As far as NBA aspirations, Nick Young, Gabe Pruitt, O.J. Mayo and DeMar Derozan all got some decent run in recent years (some of them are still active). Looking it up Taj Gibson and Nikola Vucevic are currently in the League too.

Byron Wesley isn't even a blip on the radar when looking at the best players that have come thru USC.

basketballzag
05-29-2017, 09:20 PM
I don't see Cherry or Williams coming to Gonzaga. Hepa would be one that I could see coming here from the US but I see at least two elite level Euros that Gonzaga has had on their radar for awhile also opting to make the trip overseas. It would be one team where Paella would be a staple crop if we can get them here.

SLOZag
05-30-2017, 12:10 AM
... I see at least two elite level Euros that Gonzaga has had on their radar for awhile also opting to make the trip overseas. It would be one team where Paella would be a staple crop if we can get them here.

Your teaser of a post reads a little different from the usual "I SURE HOPE Gonzaga has at least two elite level Euros that it has had on their radar for awhile ... . I SURE HOPE ONE OF THOSE TWO COMES FROM A TEAM WHERE PAELLA (OR PIZZA OR KNOcKWURST OR BORST, OR FILL IN THE MENU ITEM) would be a staple ... ." Which is a very good thing. Do you have any solid insights as to which Spanish big we are trying to add?

Mantua
05-30-2017, 12:30 AM
I don't see Cherry or Williams coming to Gonzaga. Hepa would be one that I could see coming here from the US but I see at least two elite level Euros that Gonzaga has had on their radar for awhile also opting to make the trip overseas. It would be one team where Paella would be a staple crop if we can get them here.

Paella is a crop?

Anyway, I whole heartedly agree with tyra.

Bogozags
05-30-2017, 04:02 AM
Paella is a crop?

Doing a little research on GOOGLE I found it to be a Spanish dish that can consist of rice, chicken, sausage, shrimp or fish and spices...sounded pretty good to me...

IRT another big for this season, I feel that a player like Rooks could well fill the bill BUT don't see or know of any others that are available at this point and time...those five fouls sure would sure take pressure off of Larsen and give him time to grow...

Regarding 2018 I will just surmise that the Staff have someone in mind to come and have an immediate impact...but honestly, finding a big that can have an impact his freshman year is not going to be easy...it isn't like finding a 5'8" PG that would be much more abundant...those Guy Rogers' days are not returning...

thespywhozaggedme
05-30-2017, 07:12 AM
]Paella is a crop?[/B]

I plant mine right next to my row of Shepherds Pie.

Coach Crazy
05-30-2017, 07:42 AM

Honestly, I don't either. I do think it's a bit ironic that some here freak out a bit, when we have a model in the NBA from a team that does well with finding the right pieces and utilizing the Euro market, when it's available.

Coach Crazy
05-30-2017, 07:53 AM

Also, if one of those is Luka Samanic...then, dang. Tommy took it to another level.

GoZags
05-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Also, if one of those is Luka Samanic...then, dang. Tommy took it to another level.

That would certainly complete the "GoZags Ancestry Double/Double" as Domas Sabonis adroitly covered the Lithuanian side (my Father's heritage) and Luka would cover my late Mother's side (Croatia).