PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Williams-Goss Thread --Show Him Some Love

Zagdawg
04-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Nigel Williams-Goss‏
@NigelWG5
Heard some rumors circulating... just to be clear I still have not made any final decisions regarding my future.

So you are saying there's a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms

Coach Crazy
04-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Nigel Williams-Goss‏
@NigelWG5
Heard some rumors circulating... just to be clear I still have not made any final decisions regarding my future.

So you are saying there's a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms

Already did that. Trust me on that one.

zagsfanforlife
04-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Unless hes trolling us with his retweets after that post, reading between the lines seems in accordance with what we have heard all along..

gonzagafan62
04-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Already did that. Trust me on that one.

Me too

zagsfanforlife
04-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Me too

Me 3

MontanaCoyote
04-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Nigel is one smart guy. He's also a little older and wiser. I'd say exceptionally well grounded. Whatever he decides to do,
you've got to know it'll be a thoughtful, rational decision.

Sure hope he comes back, but if he doesn't I won't be questioning his decision. He's smarter than I am.

amaronizag
04-13-2017, 07:21 PM
The Zag world couldn't be prouder of you Nigel!! So happy to have had you here the last two years. For selfish reasons, we're all hoping your Zag basketball career will last one more year. Just as we were hoping with Zack. We know you will weigh your options carefully, make the best decision possible, and have a great life. Hope you're here next season, but if not, we will be watching, cheering for you, and proud you chose to make GU home for a while. Wish you the best next season and all the seasons yet to come, wherever you spend them.

zagbeliever
04-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Whatever your decision is just know you have become one of my all time favorite Zags.. Your dedication to the team and leadership has been terrific Best wishes to you for a successful career

Zagger
04-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Thanks for choosing GU Nigel! I'd say you fit right in to the tune of a Final Four! Spokane is quite proud!
Whether you stay or go you'll be more than welcome around here. You've carried the Zag torch well! Have a fun filled summer! Thank you again!

bigblahla
04-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Nigel....you made me feel comfortable like I used to feel when Stepp or Bouldin had the ball....you are an amazing young man who readily exhibits strength of character and personality, you're intelligent beyond your years....you will be a success wherever you go in whatever you do....make this Zag fan happy...ONE MORE YEAR....

Go!! Zags!!!

JIMMYMACINCDA
04-13-2017, 09:03 PM
My all time favorite!!!! Heart of a lion!!!

gueastcoast
04-14-2017, 04:35 AM
As in all matters related to Nigel...

#trustnigel

Zagdawg
04-14-2017, 05:59 AM
Nigel Williams-Goss‏
@NigelWG5
Just in case anyone was wondering what the GU FAMILY is like... just look at some of these retweets. ��������
RETWEETS

Joe Scibelli‏ @JoeScibelli 14h14 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Big decisions are never easy! Make the best choice for you. #GUFamily will have your back no matter what! We want to see you succeed
0 replies 2 retweets 7 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 7
Robbie Johnson‏ @starrobj 13h13 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
You have given us greatness thank you.
0 replies 0 retweets 5 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 5
The Freddie Morris‏ @BigCoachMo 14h14 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
You're a WINNER son. Since that game winner at Hoop Hall. Never forget that. Ice water
0 replies 1 retweet 5 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 5
Mark Reynolds‏ @CanEyeBall 14h14 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Agree with all those retweets. I truly believe you'll have a long NBA career whether it starts this year or next
0 replies 1 retweet 5 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 5
JW Troupin‏ @JWTroupin 13h13 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Hang out with the family one more year. Great things are in store for you either way. Go Zags!
0 replies 0 retweets 3 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 3
Joshua Schwader‏ @SchwaderZag62 14h14 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Love you Nigel. No matter the decision. Huge HUGE decision. Make sure you get he right one for YOU
Reply Retweet
Like 3
AjGomsrud‏ @AmesGomsrud 11h11 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Zag-Nation appreciates all you did this past season to raise the bar for the future at GU.. Follow your heart sir. Thank you #UnitedWeZag
0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 2
Jeff Zenier‏ @zagfreak 11h11 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
I'll say it again.....

0 replies 2 retweets 6 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 6
ttown‏ @ttown12891346 14h14 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
coming back next year will be one of your best decisions ever. Legacy that will last forever and end up making more ��in the end...
Reply Retweet
Like 3
LisaLoni‏ @LisaLoni14 14h14 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
❤️❤️❤️
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
PaLindrome‏ @PaLindrome11 10h10 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Do what u gotta do. The Zags fam would love it if you came back. #gossisboss
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
Ron Bateman‏ @RonBateman 13h13 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
Meeting you & your folks in SLC affirmed for me that most of us MET you via BBall, but your real art in this world will transcend the court
0 replies 2 retweets 22 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 22
ZSL‏ @bballnut88 12h12 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
NWG-PERK-MELSON--J3--TILLIE... that's national championship level baby!! 1 more year nigel. Bring that ship home to Spokane!!
Reply Retweet
Like 3
Donald Peterssen‏ @DPeterssen 13h13 hours ago
More
Replying to @NigelWG5
You showed emotion when it ended in defeat. As zags fans we would be in tears losing you NWG. But don't wake us from the dream yet.
Reply Retweet
Like 3

gonzagafan62
04-14-2017, 06:46 AM
Yup. Pretty easy to find me there haha

zag67
04-14-2017, 06:50 AM
Like all of the previous people I also want to thank you for the last two years. I have enjoyed watching you and how you can control your body during contact and still focus on your goal of making the shot. Thanks again and good luck on wherever you end up

zagfan1
04-14-2017, 07:22 AM
Maybe he will stay to try again to win a championship. All we need is another two bigs to replace Shem and Collins. I think Wade will be our three point sharp shooter and Rui will be our three with Kispert. If Edwards leaves we can bring on Jeter to redshirt or another sharp shooting guard. i think consistency (showing that you are again for real) can help solidify any questions on NWG and whether he is NBA caliber. Plus the experience of going to the final four twice would be a forever memory no one could ever downplay or take away. I would think for a smart guy the time going through that means more than 800K (which he would make as a second rounder). He is a winner and competitor and I think that will be the draw for NBA teams. For some reason Collins felt he needed to go early to the NBA. If he watches Goss go to the final four again , I bet deep down he wished he stayed one more year:)

ZagsObserver
04-14-2017, 07:41 AM
NWG is/was one of the greatest leaders we've had. I felt so comfortable with the ball in his hands. I will support whatever decision he makes. Thanks for being a great Zag.

TravelinZag
04-14-2017, 07:56 AM
NWG is/was one of the greatest leaders we've had. I felt so comfortable with the ball in his hands. I will support whatever decision he makes. Thanks for being a great Zag.

Because of his maturity and unique understanding of the Zags, if Nigel decides to leave, I hope he will post his thoughts on what the Zags need to do for next year. Those comments would be highly illuminating.

Nigel -- thanks for everything (including some things we'll never know) you gave to your team this past season. I wish an even better next season for you next year, whether you stay or go. You will always be a Zag! (And a great one)!

Reborn
04-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Nigel: Thanks for all you did to lead the team, and us, to the Final Four and almost the National Championship. It has been a dream for ZagNation for so long, and we have come close for so long, and finally we made it. We will always remember this year, and this team, and you as it's leader. It was an amazing year. Of course I hope you come back because I believe with you leading this team we could win the National Championship next year. And what a feat that would be. But more important is your life and your dreams and support you, as Zag Nation does, to follow your heart. You'r a great player, and even more importantly a great man and you will make the right choice which ever it is. Good luck always.

MontanaCoyote
04-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Maybe he will stay to try again to win a championship. All we need is another two bigs to replace Shem and Collins. I think Wade will be our three point sharp shooter and Rui will be our three with Kispert. If Edwards leaves we can bring on Jeter to redshirt or another sharp shooting guard. i think consistency (showing that you are again for real) can help solidify any questions on NWG and whether he is NBA caliber. Plus the experience of going to the final four twice would be a forever memory no one could ever downplay or take away. I would think for a smart guy the time going through that means more than 800K (which he would make as a second rounder). He is a winner and competitor and I think that will be the draw for NBA teams. For some reason Collins felt he needed to go early to the NBA. If he watches Goss go to the final four again , I bet deep down he wished he stayed one more year:)

"All we need is another two bigs to replace Shem and Collins." Whoa, easier said than done. There's a lot to replace there and a lot of it doesn't show up in the stats, especially with Shem.

Let me know if I'm wrong. Maybe Larson fills half this bill? Are there any really good bigs that are taking a hard look at us?

All we need is a lot we need. Please give me some hope!

GrizZAG
04-14-2017, 09:16 AM
If one values such attributes as elite work ethic, toughness, class, academics, dauntless tenacity, playing in pain, being a top tier leader, remarkable team mate, basketball IQ, top drawer athleticism, clutch player, brilliance and beloved as important, I guess you would see Nigel's photo right there would't you?

We have been so blessed to have him come to town.

ZagMan in Philly
04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
You represented us well on and off the court. It would be a tremendous honor if you do decide to come back, so we can honor you on Senior Night. We love watching you play.
Whatever you decide, we love you unconditionally.

FroZAG
04-14-2017, 03:06 PM
2017-2018 First Team All-American, Nigel Williams-Goss.
2017-2018 WCC Player of the Year, Nigel Williams-Goss.
Potential to win the biggest early season tournament in NCAA history, in Portland.
Potential to lead Gonzaga University to repeat Final 4 appearances.
Potential to move into the First Round of the draft.
Potential to feel on top of the world, for one more year, the NBA will be a helluva grind.
Potential to bring Coach Few, teammates, and fans a National Championship.
Already way, Way up there in GU bball, but...
Potential to be Spokane's favorite ZAG of all time, hands down.

zagsfanforlife
04-14-2017, 07:56 PM
2017-2018 First Team All-American, Nigel Williams-Goss.
2017-2018 WCC Player of the Year, Nigel Williams-Goss.
Potential to win the biggest early season tournament in NCAA history, in Portland.
Potential to lead Gonzaga University to repeat Final 4 appearances.
Potential to move into the First Round of the draft.
Potential to feel on top of the world, for one more year, the NBA will be a helluva grind.
Potential to bring Coach Few, teammates, and fans a National Championship.
Already way, Way up there in GU bball, but...
Potential to be Spokane's favorite ZAG of all time, hands down.

If he came back and led the zags to another final four imo he is #1 zag of all time.
He could also be national player of the year.

Zagricultural
04-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Bottom line on both Nigel and Zach is I want what's best for them long term. Here's to hoping that is returning to Spokane for Nigel. I still believe it would've been for Zach.

CDC84
04-14-2017, 09:49 PM
You represented us well on and off the court. It would be a tremendous honor if you do decide to come back, so we can honor you on Senior Night. We love watching you play.
Whatever you decide, we love you unconditionally.

You also rightfully made the Washington Husky basketball program, once again, look like fools. :)

zagcheer78
04-15-2017, 05:27 AM
If one values such attributes as elite work ethic, toughness, class, academics, dauntless tenacity, playing in pain, being a top tier leader, remarkable team mate, basketball IQ, top drawer athleticism, clutch player, brilliance and beloved as important, I guess you would see Nigel's photo right there would't you?

We have been so blessed to have him come to town.

I could not have said it any better.

bartruff1
04-15-2017, 06:14 AM
If you can, take the money....all the awards and championships won't pay the bills...you have a valuable skill but it won't last forever.

zagsfanforlife
04-15-2017, 07:07 AM
If you can, take the money....all the awards and championships won't pay the bills...you have a valuable skill but it won't last forever.

Yet if he won those awards and championship that money would double year 1 and over the long run would make up for one lost year. He will make more over a 10 year career as a first rounder and wooden award winner than as a second rounder with an 11 year careeer.

DixieZag
04-15-2017, 07:11 AM
I'm quite confident Nigel knows how much he's loved. I'm also confident he'll make the right decision for Nigel, and I suspect he'll factor in GU's future in that consideration.

Zagceo
04-15-2017, 08:27 AM
The source of the rumor......parody account of Goodman

He hasn’t decided yet. But that didn’t stop a fake account, one that calls itself a parody account of ESPN basketball writer Jeff Goodman, of fanning the flames. The fake account (http://www.krem.com/sports/gonzaga-bulldogs/fake-tweet-prompts-response-from-zags-nigel-williams-goss-on-nba-future/431179112) said Williams-Goss was headed to the NBA.And some people bought it.
So many, in fact, that Williams-Goss had to take to the Twitterverse and clear it up. “Heard some rumors circulating… just to be clear I still have not made any final decisions regarding my future,” he tweeted early yesterday afternoon.

LINK (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/apr/14/grip-sports-even-easter-week-isnt-immune-speculati/)

bartruff1
04-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Yet if he won those awards and championship that money would double year 1 and over the long run would make up for one lost year. He will make more over a 10 year career as a first rounder and wooden award winner than as a second rounder with an 11 year careeer.

Pure speculation ....No one is promised tomorrow....Calipari is one of the only honest people in college basketball...in his 30 by 30 episode , he would tear up a kid's scholarship and tell him he better not show up next year unless he has a damn good excuse....

zagsfanforlife
04-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Pure speculation ....No one is promised tomorrow....Calipari is one of the only honest people in college basketball...in his 30 by 30 episode , he would tear up a kid's scholarship and tell him he better not show up next year unless he has a damn good excuse....

Totally different circumstances.. i watched it too. He tore up Jamaal Murray's.. who was the 7th pick in last years draft. NWG is nowhere near that unfortunately. Apples to oranges.

Ekrub
04-15-2017, 09:03 AM
The source of the rumor......parody account of Goodman

LINK (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/apr/14/grip-sports-even-easter-week-isnt-immune-speculati/)

I got fake news'd by that account regarding collins- posted it on this board. Embarrassed.

bartruff1
04-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Totally different circumstances.. i watched it too. He tore up Jamaal Murray's.. who was the 7th pick in last years draft. NWG is nowhere near that unfortunately. Apples to oranges.

Nonsense....the logic is applicable ....for apples and oranges or pineapples or whatever.......

zagsfanforlife
04-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Nonsense....the logic is applicable ....for apples and oranges or pineapples or whatever.......

You're wrong but not going to waste more characters on it. Comparing a 7th overall pick to a mid second rounder. Go look up the financials on that.

bartruff1
04-15-2017, 01:59 PM
And you don't know what is going to happen next year and neither doesn't anyone else...nice try on the straw man...

zagsfanforlife
04-15-2017, 02:53 PM
And you don't know what is going to happen next year and neither doesn't anyone else...nice try on the straw man...

So you would take a non-guaranteed second round pick, rather than take out an insurance policy, have a great chance at being a first team AA and improve draft stock in a lower draft? Got it. Clueless.

You compare a second round non guaranteed contract to a #7 overall pick. :lmao:

bartruff1
04-15-2017, 03:09 PM
I didn't compare any of that crap...my point, which you are so clueless to understand is that no one know the future... in any case I have wasted enough time on your nonsense....the good news is that what you or I think is completely irrelevant ....Nigel is plenty smart enough to know what is in his best interest.

You can have the last word if it is important to you...

zagsfanforlife
04-15-2017, 03:10 PM
I didn't compare any of that crap...my point, which you are so clueless to understand is that no one know the future... in any case I have wasted enough time on your nonsense....the good news is that what you or I think is completely irrelevant ....Nigel is plenty smart enough to know what is in his best interest.

You can have the last word if it is important to you...

Right on slick

Zagcity
04-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Word

raise the zag
04-15-2017, 04:29 PM
I fully expect NWG to declare, but he's oddly holding back his announcement/decision.

Most early declarations are on the table -- actually around 90% of [expected] players have already declared.

He can take all the time he wants/needs, but I am surprised he is waiting so long, esp given the recent Wooden Award, AA announcements, etc.

Strike while the iron is hot in this instances…unless he's having 2nd thoughts?

He only has another week to decide! At least declare without signing an agent, right?

This is wild…NWG should go, Collins should stay….but its not working out that way, exact opposite perhaps

Ekrub
04-15-2017, 04:46 PM
I fully expect NWG to declare, but he's oddly holding back his announcement/decision.

Most early declarations are on the table -- actually around 90% of [expected] players have already declared.

He can take all the time he wants/needs, but I am surprised he is waiting so long, esp given the recent Wooden Award, AA announcements, etc.

He only has another week to decide! At least declare without signing an agent, right?

This is wild…NWG should go, Collins should stay….but its not working out that way, exact opposite perhaps

That's what I was thinking but perhaps he thinks he can slip into the back end of round 1 with another solid year. If his goal is NBA over professional basketball in general - maybe there are advantages to staying? 23-24 years old is pretty old to get in the NBA but Pargo took a few years (granted- he played in Israel to develop).

zagsfanforlife
04-15-2017, 04:51 PM

Yes odd that i heard from people who would know that he is for sure gone and he is taking this long, combined with his tweet assuring he had yet to make a decision... seems to be having second thoughts. His gf is just a junior at UW, so maybe that has something to do with it? doubt it and still think he goes, but there are advantages to both decisions. Thought we would have an answer by now-- but this is a huge decision for his life. Ill be checking my twitter daily next week.