• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

Interesting Perspective From UOP

Jack WIlliams & Anthony Townes join broadcaster Zack Bayrouty to discuss Gonzagas' run into the 2016-17 NCAA Championship game. ------Like us on Facebook: ww...
  • Zag_Dad
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2013

Interesting to see how much they think Collins improved our team. Can't say I disagree that he was the "x" factor but to imply that he was the ONLY reason we advanced past the sweet 16 is something else. Take any one of the players off the squad and you could make the same claim. Would we have won against West Virginia without J-Mat (3 pointer to go ahead)? Would we have beat S. Carolina without NWG (23 points)? Would we beat Xavier without JW3 (19 points and 8 rebs, 2 steals and 3 blocked shots)?

You could make the same bold statement about any one player on that TEAM. Truth is, it was a TEAM effort.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Thanks for that link Mark. Enjoyed it.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• GrizZAG
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2009

This year Zags elevated the dreams and hopes of all WCC, especially the one's who know they can elevate and compete. Nice interview.
        One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

I don't think the WCC will be a "push-over" next season...we will be challenged by more than SMC and BYU...I just hope these teams have real good results during their OOC schedule as that will help GU's RPI/BPI.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

I literally had a dream last night that each WCC road crowd next season, before announcing GU's starting lineup, would stand up and cheer for the Zags, including the opposing team and its coaches. Even dreamed of certain coaches presenting Coach Few an award. Then once the starting players were introduced, the booing started as usual This was literally a dream I had last night. Not making it up.

They keep saying it was 1956 or 1957 since the WCC sent a team to the final four. I suppose the dream was based on some egotistical wish to have our brothers in the WCC salute the Zags for what they did for the league. I wish Jim Nantz had announced us as a team from the west coast conference.

I look back at the whole dream as being silly. Nobody really deserves to lick GU's boots. It will be back to usual next season with teams and crowds doing anything to beat the final four Zags.

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              I don't think the WCC will be a "push-over" next season...we will be challenged by more than SMC and BYU...I just hope these teams have real good results during their OOC schedule as that will help GU's RPI/BPI.
              \

If Mika leaves (apparently going to the combine) BYU will finish lower than 3rd, IMO.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

I won't take the time to look this up,
                but isn't BYU getting a couple of very high recruits this Fall?
                I think they might surpass ST Mary's, if what I read is true. We
                already know they can give us fits.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                    don't think so unless the whole byu team collectively makes a jump...smc isn't losing much (just pineau and rahon...rahon might hurt a little but they were already more dangerous with fitzner vs. pineau).

besides, the smc style of play is their kryptonite.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2011

That was an interesting interview, especially good job by the interviewer, Zack Bayrouty. Out of curiosity I did a search on Bayrouty and came across the following article (off-topic, but interesting nonetheless).

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                      —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• CDC84
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag_Dad View Post
                        Interesting to see how much they think Collins improved our team. Can't say I disagree that he was the "x" factor but to imply that he was the ONLY reason we advanced past the sweet 16 is something else. Take any one of the players off the squad and you could make the same claim. Would we have won against West Virginia without J-Mat (3 pointer to go ahead)? Would we have beat S. Carolina without NWG (23 points)? Would we beat Xavier without JW3 (19 points and 8 rebs, 2 steals and 3 blocked shots)?

You could make the same bold statement about any one player on that TEAM. Truth is, it was a TEAM effort.
                        The only reason we got past the WVU game was the guards and other ball carriers. For as crazy as that game was, GU turned the ball over less than WVU's season average. That was WVU's only chance.....because they were at a talent disadvantage. I am not so certain that Northwestern had better overall "basketball" talent than WVU. What the Mountaineers had were experienced athletes who played as hard as possible. They were like gnats. But they were dreadful offensively, both in talent and execution. The last series was like a gift from God in terms of bad late clock execution. One of the worst displays of handling that situation that I have seen in recent tourney history. GU defended it well, but it was easy when it became obvious that all they cared about were shooting threes.

Comment

• Markburn1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by ProVeeZag View Post
                          That was an interesting interview, especially good job by the interviewer, Zack Bayrouty. Out of curiosity I did a search on Bayrouty and came across the following article (off-topic, but interesting nonetheless).

http://www.recordnet.com/news/201704...ifes-work-back
                          Good one, ProVee.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

thanks zagazags i must have misread something and made a mistake, i cant find what i thought i read

Comment

• TravelinZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2012

Silly exercise since so very many things will change over the next several months. But, as a benchmark, with known rosters as of today, rank the chances (percentage) of each WCC team winning the conference in 2017-18. Then we can update and compare later.

Comment

Working...
                              X