PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fisher calls it quits

sittingon50
04-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Hope I didn't miss this elsewhere

http://deadspin.com/steve-fisher-calls-an-end-to-his-strange-successful-co-1794196371

(mods please move when appropriate)

ZagaZags
04-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Dutch has been the coach-in-waiting for years. Brian Dutcher will do a nice job at SDSU.

willandi
04-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Dutch has been the coach-in-waiting for years. Brian Dutcher will do a nice job at SDSU.

That's good. It seems like strange timing.

CDC84
04-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Brian Dutcher will not see the monetary support for his basketball team that Steve did. Unless something changes, the MWC is headed to be a worse league in basketball than the WCC. That is, if it isn't right now.

I wish it were otherwise.

jazzdelmar
04-11-2017, 03:33 AM
That's good. It seems like strange timing.

Not at all. Press murmurs for Fish to leave. And they've had 2 terrible seasons, the 4 star recruits stink, attendance dipping, players shut down, they play boring ball-always have, and then there are those cheating/NCAA whispers. Dutch will be fine.

Bogozags
04-11-2017, 05:02 AM
Not at all. Press murmurs for Fish to leave. And they've had 2 terrible seasons, the 4 star recruits stink, attendance dipping, players shut down, they play boring ball-always have, and then there are those cheating/NCAA whispers. Dutch will be fine.

Are those the same "whispers" following him from UM?

jazzdelmar
04-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Are those the same "whispers" following him from UM?

Oh no......plenty of purported shenanigans at SDSU.....recall the NCAA pre-announcement announcement of an inquiry a year ago?

Bogozags
04-11-2017, 05:30 AM
Oh no......plenty of purported shenanigans at SDSU.....recall the NCAA pre-announcement announcement of an inquiry a year ago?

Oh, Yes! I remember now...let's hope the rumors are false...I have always liked that program...

gonzagafan62
04-11-2017, 06:24 AM
Brian Dutcher will not see the monetary support for his basketball team that Steve did. Unless something changes, the MWC is headed to be a worse league in basketball than the WCC. That is, if it isn't right now.

I wish it were otherwise.

Yup.... still have bad football, and now have bad basketball.

rennis
04-11-2017, 06:42 AM
The best in-game coach according to KenPom right?

Great career.

basketballzag
04-11-2017, 06:58 AM
One less suitor for Chase Jeter.

CDC84
04-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Yup.... still have bad football, and now have bad basketball.

The football might get better because the league is under a directive to become stronger in football. Nearly every program in the MWC is diverting money from basketball towards football. It's a shame. My Dad works at UNM, and they have just spent a gazillion bucks renovating The Pit and building a new practice center. They were foolish to not install a removable floor at the Pit which is now required in order to host NCAA tourney games.