PDA

View Full Version : Mid Major Recruiting

sittingon50
04-07-2017, 01:20 PM
http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/4/6/15190916/sweet-16-mid-major-madness-recruiting-rankings-mitchell-robinson-star-prospect-shockers-midmajor

whatazag
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Unless I was hallucinating I thought this board said Portland had some kind of amazing recruiting class coming in. Nowhere to be seen on this list.

jazzdelmar
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM
"The Louisiana natives both turned down SEC offers to sign with Rick Stansbury. The seven foot Robinson is the first ESPN five-star recruit to ever sign with a program outside the Power 5....."

Wasn't Zach a 5 star?

CDC84
04-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Not with most services. He was like in the high 30's, I think. Austin Daye was a 5 star with Rivals.com. These guys are probably referring to their own recruiting rankings.

Including Gonzaga in a list such as this with a slew of teams who they outspend 3 or 4 to 1 in men's basketball is suspicious at best. Do you realize how much harder it is to recruit at WKU than it is at Gonzaga? Every player in GU's top 8 this past season would be playing at a blue blood or mid to high level BCS program if they hadn't chosen Gonzaga. I'm not bragging, it's just the truth, and by including Gonzaga, you are diminishing the accomplishments of these fine universities and their coaches.

23dpg
04-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Unless I was hallucinating I thought this board said Portland had some kind of amazing recruiting class coming in. Nowhere to be seen on this list.

Discussed in another thread but that rating was a sham.