PDA

View Full Version : mass exodus at Arizona?

seacatfan
04-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Markannen is gone, no surprise at all. Simmons is apparently not expected back. Don't know how much draft value he has. He certainly isn't going to be ahead of various other one and doners like Ball, Fultz, however many come out of Kentucky and Duke, his own teammate and...? Comanche apparently is testing the waters, not hiring an agent. No word from Trier so far.

Maynard, how the hell did the Ducks get Brooks to come back for a 3rd year? Did the scouts tell him thanks but no thanks? If they get a majority of Brooks, Dorsey and Bell back next year and Arizona loses everybody with a pulse, I'm gonna be pissed. At least UCLA is getting gutted.

CDC84
04-05-2017, 06:20 PM
How many of these guys seacat are expected to sign with agents?? One of the worries I have with the new combine rules is that everyone is going to start freaking out when "their" guy or guys announce their intentions to enter the draft when none of it means anything unless they hire an agent.

seacatfan
04-05-2017, 07:16 PM
I think Markannen has already hired an agent, he's as gone as it gets. Comanche isn't, I can't imagine he won't get the message to return to school after the combine, can't see him being drafted high enough to bother with. Don't know about Simmons. He basically disappeared after Trier came back, speculation he wasn't happy, but declaring for the draft doesn't fix all your problems, especially if you aren't projected to be a lotto pick.

maynard g krebs
04-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Markannen is gone, no surprise at all. Simmons is apparently not expected back. Don't know how much draft value he has. He certainly isn't going to be ahead of various other one and doners like Ball, Fultz, however many come out of Kentucky and Duke, his own teammate and...? Comanche apparently is testing the waters, not hiring an agent. No word from Trier so far.

Maynard, how the hell did the Ducks get Brooks to come back for a 3rd year? Did the scouts tell him thanks but no thanks? If they get a majority of Brooks, Dorsey and Bell back next year and Arizona loses everybody with a pulse, I'm gonna be pissed. At least UCLA is getting gutted.

Just saw this; don't check this board much. Scouts apparently told Brooks to go back to school. Short arms or they don't think he shot it well enough; who knows? Still considered a 2nd rounder, but most seem to think he's going anyway. All speculation, but Dorsey's a Greek citizen (mom) and most seem to think he'll play there next year. Bell probably gone too, most seem to think, after the way he dominated Kansas.

Only Dorsey was an Az caliber recruit, but still a bit outside the top 25; Brooks was top 50 and Bell around 80 out of hs.

CDC84
04-08-2017, 12:41 AM
Kobi is a goner.

seacatfan
04-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Brooks was top 50 and Bell around 80 out of hs.

Recruiting remains an inexact science. Bell took longer to develop, but Brooks was good as a Fr. and is now the 2 time Pac 12 POY.

maynard g krebs
04-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Recruiting remains an inexact science. Bell took longer to develop, but Brooks was good as a Fr. and is now the 2 time Pac 12 POY.

Should have won it twice imo, but Poeltl of Utah won it in 2015-16. (Then Sabonis ripped it out of his hands and shattered it on the floor, lol.)

seacatfan
04-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Should have won it twice imo, but Poeltl of Utah won it in 2015-16. (Then Sabonis ripped it out of his hands and shattered it on the floor, lol.)

Wow, my memory is slipping. Thought he won it last year, too.

seacatfan
04-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Allonzo Trier reportedly returning for his Jr. year. That helps.

And Brooks and Dorsey have both declared, which makes me happy.