PDA

View Full Version : Great spokesman review article on gonzaga returning home.

Zags11
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/apr/04/our-zags/

zagcheer78
04-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Wow, thanks for the link.
It's hard being clear cross the country but the article made me feel as if I were there.
GOZAGS

Reborn
04-05-2017, 10:55 AM
If you're ready to shed lots of tears, and I mean lots, then you must read this article. A great, great article. Thank you for writing it, and you did an absolutely great job of expressing so much that so many of us feel. I don't mind bawling like a baby for this team, especially when I read about how broken-hearted they are. They feel so bad about letting us down. DAMN GUYS, YOU NEVER LET ME DOWN. NOT FOR A MOMENT. YOU GAVE ME ONE OF THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE. i have waited for so many years for Gonzaga to cross that threshold into the Final Four, AND YOU GUYS DID IT. You made history. cheer up guys. You are all heros. We love you too.

I can hardly wait to read about the event this afternoon.

BayAreaZagFan
04-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Great article.

One of the things I miss most about living in Spokane is how the community gets behind things, especially Gonzaga basketball during the NCAA tournament. Front page of the newspaper. Lead story on the nightly news. "Go Zags" signs up in all the windows. There's always those random people who "aren't into sports" or otherwise too cool to be a fan, but for the most part, for a few weeks each Spring, everyone in town is a Zag. This year must have been incredible.

Zags11
04-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Great article.

One of the things I miss most about living in Spokane is how the community gets behind things, especially Gonzaga basketball during the NCAA tournament. Front page of the newspaper. Lead story on the nightly news. "Go Zags" signs up in all the windows. There's always those random people who "aren't into sports" or otherwise too cool to be a fan, but for the most part, for a few weeks each Spring, everyone in town is a Zag. This year must have been incredible.

It was. Everyone would bring up the zags. It was a wonderful ride.

JPtheBeasta
04-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Thanks for sharing the article.

GPGUgrad
04-05-2017, 12:18 PM

ditto here.

Thanks '11 for the article.

It really made me feel much better after reading and confirmed the LOVE and PASSION....
that the whole city of Spokane has for our Zags team.

People outside our area don't realize what great joy the team gives us... every year.

thanks again.

Zags11
04-05-2017, 01:07 PM
ditto here.

Thanks '11 for the article.

It really made me feel much better after reading and confirmed the LOVE and PASSION....
that the whole city of Spokane has for our Zags team.

People outside our area don't realize what great joy the team gives us... every year.

thanks again.

You are very welcome!

Zags11
04-05-2017, 01:08 PM

Anytime. :) I'm glad I could help out.

MJ777
04-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Awesome article. Zach was probably reluctant to give high fives because he didn't want to get called for another foul.

jazzdelmar
04-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Awesome article. Zach was probably reluctant to give high fives because he didn't want to get called for another foul.

Young man has a lot on his mind.

23dpg
04-05-2017, 02:22 PM

:clap:

Norcalzag
04-05-2017, 03:49 PM
The Spokesman-Review's new editor (Rob Curley, who wrote this front-page piece) has really expanded the newspaper's coverage of the Zags since arriving last year. I've met him and spoke to him specifically about the way the newspaper covers GU basketball. He recognized when he took the job that Gonzaga basketball is the biggest thing going in Spokane's sports world -- and in many ways one of the biggest things that ties the Spokane community together. Everyone in Spokane seems to embrace the Zags. This story really captures that very well. But it's the entirety of the paper's coverage this season that I really applaud --the daily stories by beat writer Jim Meehan and columnist John Blanchette, the occasional historical pieces, the personality pieces, etc. There's something new and fresh and interesting to read about Zags hoops pretty much every day in the SR. I hope the newspaper's circulation has expanded along with its Zags coverage.