PDA

View Full Version : You can always count on

sittingon50
04-04-2017, 03:05 PM
the main man(?) on Dawn's Central.

http://www.donscentral.com/thread/1185/never-say

You continue to yap away, little feller. Gonzaga will continue to prop up your athletic department.

GU69
04-04-2017, 08:36 PM
I think that he meant to say thank you for the $8 million for the WCC.

http://herosports.com/ncaa-tournament/how-much-money-ncaa-tournament-earned-conference-2017-basketball-fund-a7a7

gonzagafan62
04-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Guy has no clue about Perkins dui lol... or anything. Typical USF BS

JPtheBeasta
04-04-2017, 09:05 PM
He has some valid grievances against the Zags and how bad they are for the WCC:
Zags have transfers playing for them
One Zag played in a semi-pro tournament
They are at a P5 level

And the most egregious of all:
"60% of the starting line up moved to play for Gonzaga"

Read more: http://donscentral.com/thread/1185/never-say#ixzz4dLPffJdt

It's a wonder that we don't all convert to being Dons fans...

zagmantis2001
04-04-2017, 09:31 PM
He has some valid grievances against the Zags and how bad they are for the WCC:
Zags have transfers playing for them
One Zag played in a semi-pro tournament
They are at a P5 level

And the most egregious of all:
"60% of the starting line up moved to play for Gonzaga"

Read more: http://donscentral.com/thread/1185/never-say#ixzz4dLPffJdt

It's a wonder that we don't all convert to being Dons fans...

I'm sure USF players are good guys but the moderator of that board is the reason I hope
they lose every game. Guy is a total jerk. Nice face of your fan base USF.

hondo
04-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Just read some of DC's stuff. That joker is a real disgrace to USF and the tradition of some of the very finest to ever play the college game of basketball.

TexasZagFan
04-05-2017, 06:01 AM
Just read some of DC's stuff. That joker is a real disgrace to USF and the tradition of some of the very finest to ever play the college game of basketball.

Can't disagree with you. Pretty sad when that's the only "passion" you see from the other 7 teams in the conference. With the exception of SMC & BYU, everyone else is content to cash the checks the top 3 are bringing them. Boy, was it a mistake to bring in Pacific, at least from my view. With our current profile, we could have added two top-50 games to our schedule during February and March. Or maybe 1, and schedule a nonconference team for Senior Night, and let our seniors enjoy it without the WCC sending us SMC or BYU. I wouldn't mind it if they scheduled LMU or Pepp for Senior Night.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
04-05-2017, 09:39 AM
He's not completely wrong that Perkins got off very lightly, basketball-wise...

FriscoKid
04-05-2017, 10:17 AM
He's not completely wrong that Perkins got off very lightly, basketball-wise...

He compares everything to Quintin Dailey who got our program shut down for a few years. In fact he has been very vocal in his support of the late QD despite the myriad of sexual assault and financial benefit charges.

Saxon_zag
04-05-2017, 10:23 AM
LOL that's some serious sour grapes right there.

Also LOL @ the guy bragging about their 1950's championship banners he thinks the zags will be looking at. Talk about irrelevant...

TexasZagFan
04-05-2017, 10:40 AM
LOL that's some serious sour grapes right there.

Also LOL @ the guy bragging about their 1950's championship banners he thinks the zags will be looking at. Talk about irrelevant...

Be some great conversations between him and the Dukie I work with...cue up Jethro Tull "Living in the Past". lol

As I said before, at least there's some emotion on Don's Central, misplaced though it may be. Wish the other half of the conference had some of that.

Zagceo
04-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Just my opinion......why shoot down when we just climbed the mountain?

Best to ignore the haters and watch'em wilt from lack of attention.....like flowers you stop watering because you found out you're allergic

GlacierZag
04-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Here's the difference.

Bill Russell hasn't stepped on the USF campus since the summer of 1957, when he was run off after returning to finish his degree. He didn't even come back when they named the "Bill Russell" room at War Memorial.

Contrast that with how the GU Old Dogs are treated, and the bond between past and present.

Night and Day.

TexasZagFan
04-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Here's the difference.

Bill Russell hasn't stepped on the USF campus since the summer of 1957, when he was run off after returning to finish his degree. He didn't even come back when they named the "Bill Russell" room at War Memorial.

Contrast that with how the GU Old Dogs are treated, and the bond between past and present.

Night and Day.

That's sad.

former1dog
04-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Here's the difference.

Night and Day.

I think this is an unfair comparison isolated to just Bill Russell. What ever was done or said really offended Mr. Russell AND for life. I don't recall hearing about this circumstance with any other former player at USF.

Other players and USF alumni have embraced and have been embraced in return by USF. I saw a recent photo and story of a reunion of USF players and it was well attended and all looked happy.

To the larger point, the feud between (mostly) DonsCentral (the individual, not the board) and various folks on this board is getting close to two decades old. What he wrote in that post, while not really flattering, isn't even in the top 1000 of the worst things he has written about topics/persons related to Gonzaga. Frankly, it was old 10 years ago.

I know I have mellowed over the years and have started putting up the occasional post over there. I think DC has mellowed a little bit also, but it sure would be nice if he could just let bygones be bygones. The whole thing is rather ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.

Personally, I'm happy that USF has a new coach who seems to have the program on a new, positive and hopeful path. I think there is genuine optimism being expressed on the DC message board. I wish them well 28 games a year. I hope they develop a great team that competes with us for conference supremacy, it can only help Gonzaga.