PDA

View Full Version : GREAT season!

seacatfan
04-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I hope that isn't lost in the disappointment of this game. Incredible season. A lot to proud of for GU alums and fans.

U Zig, I Zag
04-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Hell of a team. Hell of a year.

The fouls killed us.

MickMick
04-03-2017, 07:40 PM
They will be back.

drvenkman05
04-03-2017, 07:41 PM
An AMAZING season!

I hope that isn't lost in the disappointment of this game. Incredible season. A lot to proud of for GU alums and fans.

thespywhozaggedme
04-03-2017, 07:41 PM
You did what everyone said you couldn't do, you overcame obstacles and barriers that everyone thought it was too difficult to overcome. You have a heart of a champion and a warrior. You may have lost tonight but you will always be winners in our heart. Thank you for all the joy you have given us. We love you!

ldszagfan
04-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Thank you for a special season GU. Enjoyed it to the end.

SWZag
37 - 2, amazing. Absolutely beyond my wildest dreams!! Thanks ZAGS!!!!!!!

It's been an amazing ride! An AMAZING ride!

Thank you!!!

drvenkman05
LOVE these guys!

You did what everyone said you couldn't do, you overcame obstacles and barriers that everyone thought it was too difficult to overcome. You have a heart of a champion and a warrior. You may have lost tonight but you will always be winners in our heart. Thank you for all the joy you have given us. We love you!

john montana
04-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Thanks for a great season Zags!

Radbooks
04-03-2017, 07:43 PM
What a wonderful year!!

JAGzag
04-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Hell of a season! NOTHING to be upset over! So proud to be a Zag!

jazzdelmar
04-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Amen. Great great season.

scott257
Best season ever and I expect that we will have this opportunity again. Love these guys and all they did for us fans this year.

JAGzag
Great season and incredible journey!! We lost in the National Championship...

MichZagFan
What a great season. I honestly thought the better team lost. Missed too many easy shots.

This program isn't going anywhere. They'll be back. Everyone involved should be proud of what they accomplished

Zagdawg
Great season --Championship game --- so close---but not this time. Great learning experience for the team.

No reason to hang their heads.

Sarenyon
04-03-2017, 07:46 PM
It's been a lot of fun and an Amazing season! Thank you Zags! Thank you seniors! We'll miss you.

EEzag
Amen. Great great season.

When do they fly back?

thespywhozaggedme
Sorry Mods, I was creating this thread when the great season one went up. Feel free to merge if you like.

tyra
04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
For work-related reasons, I couldn't get to Phoenix. But I'm going next year!

katman50
04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
I sure hope Nigel and Collins return next year. Don't know if it will happen, though. Thanks guys, for a great season.

caduceus
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Went farther than 350 other teams this year. Only one ahead of us this year. Great season.

F- the refs that ruined the 2nd half.

Stache
04-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Pride. Well done

zagfan16
04-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Thanks for a wonderful year boys! Let's get them next year!

jpn17
It was definitely an awesome season! Way to go Zags!

PNW Zagfan
Great season. Thanks Zags!

Hoopaholic
Very very special year

thespywhozaggedme
04-03-2017, 07:51 PM
I feel so bad for the seniors, but this is just the beginning.

gallopinggael
04-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Proud of the Zags.

uZiGiZaG
04-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Yeah enjoy it while we can I guess, but I doubt Mark Few will ever get a chance at redemption like UNC did ..

We had that game. Up 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and we couldn't get a stop .. we let Berry kill us all freakin night and then the AND1 on NWG by Jackson .. then we went full ###### mode ..

Every player, coach, and fan of UNC knew NWG was gonna try to score for a 8th straight possession

I can't believe Mark Few didn't dial up something down low or a drive a dish .. terrible terrible decision by NWG

Ugh.. I hate that we let it slip away. It's the ONLY game UNC won all year when they got out rebounded .. it's the ONLY game all year we got out shot % wise...

Especially considering how it's damn near impossible to get back to this point ..

UABZag
04-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Awesome season! Took the bluest of the blue bloods down to the wire! Proud of the team and coaches.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zagcheer78
04-03-2017, 07:54 PM
I am so proud of our team and coaches. A friend of mine who bleeds Kentucky blue called to say our team is a class act and will be back to the Final Four next year!

I will so miss our players who will be moving on and I wish them blessings for their future.

Thanks for choosing to play for our school.

katman50
04-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Yeah enjoy it while we can I guess, but I doubt Mark Few will ever get a chance at redemption like UNC did ..

We had that game. Up 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and we couldn't get a stop .. we let Berry kill us all freakin night and then the AND1 on NWG by Jackson .. then we went full ###### mode ..

Every player, coach, and fan of UNC knew NWG was gonna try to score for a 8th straight possession

I can't believe Mark Few didn't dial up something down low or a drive a dish .. terrible terrible decision by NWG

Ugh.. I hate that we let it slip away. It's the ONLY game UNC won all year when they got out rebounded .. it's the ONLY game all year we got out shot % wise...

Especially considering how it's damn near impossible to get back to this point ..

Go chill out and please get off the board for a bit. Thanks!

TexasZagFan
04-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Our best days are ahead of us, and we move forward with no demons to exorcise.

WBM
04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Huge thank you to this team. You showed the CBB world that GU is made of the right stuff, and I couldn't be more proud to be a fan, especially tomorrow.

NWG: Hold your head up. You are a huge reason we got to where we did. Ice that ankle, and get busy next season.

Mt K: Thank you for coming to GU. You will go down as one of the best and most legendary GU players. Next year you will be so missed. I'm so happy for you that your recovery from injury went the way it did. Go make some money and do what you love. GU is always here for you.

Mathews: I wish we had you for your whole college career. That shot against WVU was clutch, and it's the highlight of this tournament, but it is not the sum total of what you'll be remembered for. Thank you for ending your career at GU. Zag for life.

Rem: Who needs cheer leaders when you have The Rem Bakamus on the bench? Beyond your sideline antics, I loved watching you play when you did. Thank you for being a big part of this program. Best of luck to you from here on.

To everyone else: This is just a new beginning. We are not a flash in the pan. Two decades of heat rising will not go away that quickly. Reward yourselves for an incredible 2016-17 season and an historic NCAA tournament for GU, and I will cheer just as hard for you this November as I did tonight.

And thank you to the coaches and staff. What a great program. A real gem for the school and the Spokane community.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bigblahla
04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
I watched the only college TEAM I follow the only one I care about play in April....for once I knew when the season would end....not the outcome any of us wanted but what a fantastic ride..and we know....we all know the Zags are just starting to show the EAST Coast what Gonzaga basketball is all about....the off season will be shorter than ever before and if you think we were good this year....wait until next year....what a great year and what a great TEAM....Thanks Karno you are and always will be a great Zag....thank you Jordan Matthews you brought it "Big Shot Bob"....Thank you coach and staff..

Go!! Zags!!!

Gonzdb8
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM

too soon man...to soon.

Hoopaholic
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Huge thank you to this team. You showed the CBB world that GU is made of the right stuff, and I couldn't be more proud to be a fan, especially tomorrow.

NWG: Hold your head up. You are a huge reason we got to where we did. Ice that ankle, and get busy next season.

Mt K: Thank you for coming to GU. You will go down as one of the best and most legendary GU players. Next year you will be so missed. I'm so happy for you that your recovery from injury went the way it did. Go make some money and do what you love. GU is always here for you.

Mathews: I wish we had you for your whole college career. That shot against WVU was clutch, and it's the highlight of this tournament, but it is not the sum total of what you'll be remembered for. Thank you for ending your career at GU. Zag for life.

Rem: Who needs cheer leaders when you have The Rem Bakamus on the bench? Beyond your sideline antics, I loved watching you play when you did. Thank you for being a big part of this program. Best of luck to you from here on.

To everyone else: This is just a new beginning. We are not a flash in the pan. Two decades of heat rising will not go away that quickly. Reward yourselves for an incredible 2016-17 season and an historic NCAA tournament for GU, and I will cheer just as hard for you this November as I did tonight.

And thank you to the coaches and staff. What a great program. A real gem for the school and the Spokane community.

Very very well said

Virginia Zags Fan
04-03-2017, 07:59 PM
What a team! What a year. They were so great to watch. It game me so many positive moments with my folks.
Priceless!!

zagsfanforlife
04-03-2017, 08:00 PM
This hurts. It hurt to be in that stadium. It hurts that I didn't win my 40k future. But damn am I proud of our guys. Hell of a ride. They brought such joy to us this year. A year we will never forget. Come on back NWG and ZC!! Go zags. Zagsfanforlife

3zagda
04-03-2017, 08:02 PM
I have been following the Zag's Basketball since my son enrolled in 2003.
This team is the G.O.A.T for me
What other team compares?

bballbeachbum
04-03-2017, 08:03 PM
love this team

drnoe
04-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Hell of a run. Looking forward to an absolutely loaded team next season. Thanks Zags!

LMUZAG
04-03-2017, 08:12 PM

Did Few kick your puppy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RenoZag
04-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Great season. My pride in Gonzaga exceeds the disappointment of losing a game. #gozags

MontanaCoyote
04-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Very very well said

Yes! I can say at seventy four that I've never felt as close to a team as I have this year's Zag's.........as players and men.
What an outstanding group of kids. And damn, I guess life goes on without Karno, but right now I kind of wish it couldn't.

ZagLawGrad
A season for the ages. Proud alum. Congrats to team and coaches.

Ezag
Zags are champs to me!

Hoopaholic
04-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Yes! I can say at seventy four that I've never felt as close to a team as I have this year's Zag's.........as players and men.
What an outstanding group of kids. And damn, I guess life goes on without Karno, but right now I kind of wish it couldn't.

Will be missed

Will be fun to watch his game continue

DADoZAG
04-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Congrats to the best program in the nation.

Go ZAGS!

ZagLawGrad
04-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Hope NWG has one more season in him. Hope Collins stays, he need some work. Great bunch of guys. Congrats on an amazing season.

team6
04-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Truly a magnificent season! Hold your heads up high, overcame so many obsticals it was amazing! I've had so much fun watching every game, and just the journey through the year! Everything about the team just blows my mind, you guys did everything the right way and damn near won the whole thing! Congratulations for just an amazing season!

LongIslandZagFan
04-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Foundation made stronger tonight... Seniors, whether here for 1 year or 5... You are Zags for life and your contributions will never be forgotten.

To paraphrase "The Wizard of OZ".... Shem... I am going to miss you the most.

GonzaGAW
04-03-2017, 08:24 PM

very well said, amen!

MDABE80
04-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Spy: It's a given.

GonzaGAW
04-03-2017, 08:28 PM
- what a year? only the best ever, that is it, best ever!

- feel sorry for the one's on the sour grapes thread, and lousy ref's thread..............hey this was the best season ever, and not just the win's the final four ceiling being shattered, but what a great bunch of players that we will cherish in our hearts and minds forever.

FuManShoes
04-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Unbelievable year and unbelievable team that will never be forgotten. Thanks for all of it. You brought together Zag Nation in a way that can't be put into words. Thank you.

vandalzag
04-03-2017, 08:38 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7a/6e/4b/7a6e4bd14c992dfdb9d2577aedaac1ae.jpg

Birddog
04-03-2017, 08:40 PM

Wow, I think I know you, your name is Dick, right?

Nevada Don
04-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Great year guys and gals !!
Millions more now love the Zags.
Be Proud !! We are of you.
See you on the flip side...

Vanzagger
04-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Hold your head high. This program is just getting started

CdAZagFan
04-03-2017, 08:50 PM
That was an incredible ride this season.... I believe this program has been built in a way that it will just keep getting better and better and like NWG said tonight, they left the door cracked for another Zag team to break through and win it all. It may not be next year, but this team will be back in this situation again someday soon.

MJ777
04-03-2017, 08:51 PM
GU Basketball is All Class. And tough too. Great season as always.

Bowser
04-03-2017, 08:58 PM
The guys rocked it. Thanks for the ride. And thanks for doing it with class. Proud of you.

CdAZagFan
04-03-2017, 09:03 PM
A very special season - to see such quality basketball so consistently played all season long, right up to the National Championship game. One of the greatest college basketball seasons I've every personally witnessed.

Mantua
04-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Thank you Zags for the time of our lives!

Zags11
04-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Great year. Best team ever. Thanks for the wonderful ride. Refs blew the game.

shadow77
04-03-2017, 09:24 PM
A BIG HEARTY congratulations to this fine group of young men. What a great season even tho it didn't quite finish the way we all hoped it would.

SHem, thank you for five great years of watching you. We're so glad you recovered the way you did from your back injury. Whatever you do
you will ALWAYS be in our hearts. And you will succeed and be loved wherever you go.

Jordan, thanks for joining our family. In that one year you've shown yourself to be a true ZAG. Good luck in your future.

Rem, thanks for all you've done for this team in your years here. You've earned you ZAG status in all you've done.

The rest of the team hold your heads high and come back for another run next year. Final Four is no longer just a pipe dream. You
can make it there again and win it all.

We love you one and all. Just remember you "have gone where no ZAG has gone before".

Zags11
04-03-2017, 09:29 PM
They gave it their all. Its all I can and I love these kids.

vandalzag
04-03-2017, 09:30 PM
It is the dichotomy of college hoops. You experience the joy of watching a player grow and yet you have to say goodbye at some point. Whether it is the 1 year player like Jordan or the 5th yr miracle like Shem... you have to say goodbye. The best part is knowing that each and every player that goes through will remain connected, because the focus has always been on the growth of the program not the individual. This is something special that all Zag fans share. Players,Coaches, School, and Fans all united for a common goal. This is something special that really is the exception not the norm.
GO ZAGS

Reborn
04-03-2017, 09:40 PM
and all the wonderful memories I will treasure forever. I feel bad for you guys tonight for that loss. I hated the game. Worse officiated game ever, and you guys got screwed. I just don't feel like being politically correct. A national championship game deserves better refs. Anyway, I know you are hurting and we hurt with you. But again. Thanks to all from coaches to players to managers and assistants and all the rest. One hell of a season.

Congrats to Mark Few for being named Coach of the year.

Go Zags!!!

zagbeliever
04-03-2017, 09:43 PM
This is how you want a championship game to be. Exciting and both teams invested. I love this team not only for their basketball playing but for what good people they are and how well they represented Gonzaga. Class act. Couldn't not be prouder of them

zagzilla
04-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Thank you Bulldogs for the most enjoyable basketball season of my life as a fan. Going to miss Karnowski and Rem a.k.a. Shrek and Donkey who seem like they have been here forever. Going to miss Jordan who in just a short time made a name for himself and not just as a former teletubbies child star ("bounce bounce bounce"). At the beginning of this season there was a thread that asked who would step up for this team and take the clutch shots-we know that person was NWG. Come back for your senior year.

JW3 was the X factor, Tillie and collins were the wonder twins. Melson and Perk helped power the best defense we have ever had and above it all was the coaching staff that had their best season too.

Who can forget the glimpses of the future with our new fan favorite RUI who made garbage time must see TV.

What a great season. Thanks everybody.

Go Zags!

ZZ

Zagger
04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Here, here & hear, hear. No Zag team has taken GU & Zag Nation so far - by a significant & notable margin. I'm so proud of the whole lot, even in this loss, that I'm beaming with pride & expectations for tomorrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Few & crew for such an admirable program to be a fan of. What a fine season! Best of luck and future rewards to all in the Zag Family who may not be @ GU next season. And, thank you once again! If short, I can't thank you all enough. Go Zags!

ZagsGoZags
Thank you zag players and Zag Nation. This team's success is a huge step upward and forward and will be a milestone year in the story of this program.

Alum08
Awesome season! Took the bluest of the blue bloods down to the wire! Proud of the team and coaches.!

UABZag? Who knew? We should've caught the game together, I had to watch with some Tar Heels at J. Clyde.

kitzbuel
04-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Wow. What an exhilarating run. This team is a Hall of Fame team. They set exceptional standards of excellence and achieved them, dragging us fans along for a ride of a lifetime. This was a miracle season.

Thank you, Zags!

BayAreaZagFan
04-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You gave all of us a lifetime of memories.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ScrapironJim
04-03-2017, 10:34 PM
I'm a Pittsburgh native (1963 graduate of Gonzaga Prep School for Boys in Washington, DC) who has had the joy of following the Steelers, the Pirates, and the Penguins to World Championships. It is a unique thrill and this Zag season will be added to my 'sports thrill list'. Thank you Zag Team for working so hard to give this amazing gift to your fans. YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL . . . enjoy your accomplishment for the remainder of your days . . . and come back and visit often, you will always be welcome.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BayAreaZagFan
04-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Ok. I've had a few hours now and I'm better. The fact that North freakin' Carolina had to "beat Gonzaga" to win the motherf'ing "National Championship" is amazing! What a great season! What a great run! I hope we put the pain of tonight behind us and realize what a great ride these young men have taken us on! Thank you!

lazlo toth
04-04-2017, 03:17 AM
Ok. I've had a few hours now and I'm better. The fact that North freakin' Carolina had to "beat Gonzaga" to win the motherf'ing "National Championship" is amazing! What a great season! What a great run! I hope we put the pain of tonight behind us and realize what a great ride these young men have taken us on! Thank you!

Yep, at first it felt a bit awkward, but Gaels everywhere were cheering their hearts out for the Zags. You guys had a fantastic season and your performance made us all very proud. Congratulations, our hats are off to you.

rijman
04-04-2017, 05:50 AM
Great season! The Zags made the final four and had a good chance to win the championship game with a lead under 2 minutes to go. This team set a new bar for Zags teams to come and I believe we'll have more final four success in the near future as a result. Thank you Zags!

Zagdawg
04-04-2017, 06:10 AM
Bob Valvano‏ @espnVshow 1h1 hour ago
Amidst the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth, Mark Few continues to set the standard for dignity and class. Hall of famer coach & man.

Rush the Court‏ @rushthecourt 10h10 hours ago
Few, on this wknd: "Emotionally moved on multiple occasions. [...] over 100 former players here. It was a great shared experience."

Pat Forde‏Verified account @YahooForde 1h1 hour ago
Also worth noting that Mark Few not only refused to blame the refs, he praised them. Lost with class and perspective and accountability.

Andy Buhler‏ @a_buhla 7h7 hours ago
Zags show impressive poise, perspective in wake of National Championship loss

Sam Adams‏ @SWXSamAdams 7h7 hours ago
Sam Adams Retweeted SWXRightNow
One of the toughest parts of my job is interviewing players right after a gut wrenching loss. Their poise never ceases to amaze me.

Jeff Eisenberg‏ @JeffEisenberg 10h10 hours ago
To a man, Gonzaga has credited North Carolina and refused to blame the refs. No surprise to see this group handle a tough loss with class.

Marty Wilson‏Verified account @MartyWilson4 10h10 hours ago
Great respect for how Mark Few, his staff and the @ZagMBB represented the @WCChoops @WCCsports all season.

Zagceo
04-04-2017, 06:23 AM
The best ever.....class and dignity till the end.

Thanks 2016-17 Bulldogs....forever to be known as first Gonzaga team to make the Final Four!

TexasZagFan
04-04-2017, 06:30 AM
The best ever.....class and dignity till the end.

Thanks 2016-17 Bulldogs....forever to be known as first Gonzaga team to make the Final Four!

May we show the same class and dignity. Not sure I've met the standard, but I'm trying.

Had a talk with my 15 YO son this morning. He's played competitive sports for 8+ years, on the losing side at least half the time. I told him this was a day to vent a bit, tomorrow we look ahead.

LongIslandZagFan
04-04-2017, 07:22 AM
Proud of this team... no ifs, ands, or buts. They put it all on the line and almost reach nirvana.

SwainZag
04-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Extremely, extremely proud of this team. What a special and unbelievable run and something I hope none of us ever forgets. The best is still yet to come for this program.

MontanaCoyote
04-04-2017, 09:28 AM
We have Arrived! We have earned Recognition. And most and best of all, We are Clean, We are RESPECTED and we are Proud.

We lost a game, but we won hearts and minds. Hold you heads high, boys, nothing beats that. Nothing!

Reborn
04-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Proud of this team... no ifs, ands, or buts. They put it all on the line and almost reach nirvana.

Nirvana is coming soon. "People get ready, there's a train a coming. You don't need no baggage you just get on board.

krii
04-07-2017, 02:11 AM
I am SO thankful for this season. It was an amazing ride after 5 years with the team. I started to follow you guys when Przemek first came to Spokane. Back then I was struggling with academic basketball - never understood the hype, the competition level, rivalries etc.

Since, I learned a lot. I understand what Gonzaga is all about, I love academic basketball probably more than any European league ever. The level is crazy high, the stories, the people that create programs ... it's just a huge thing I will follow till my days are over - and believe me, I still have pleeenty of days to live to the fullest.

Anyway - thank you Gonzaga for being a part of my life last 5 years. I will stay here even after Przemek's departure as I said - once Zag, always Zag.

Go Zags!

DixieZag
04-07-2017, 07:16 AM
So proud. Sooo very proud. Handled themselves like winners, through and through. A "good team" can't reach the heights they did, but they proved that a "great team" can.

*Aside, when UNC's sanctions come down and they get many get seasons' worth of wins voided, does that make us National Champs?

Probably the wrong place to kid.

Zag79
11-15-2017, 01:05 AM
The greatest team, and the greatest season. Ever.