PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day....Gonzaga vs UNC in the National Championship

Reborn
04-03-2017, 07:15 AM
And it's the best day of the year.

Well it's finally Monday, and we're playing for the national championship. Unbelievable. But, it's sure an awesome feeling that I'll never forget. As a Zag fan I have always wondered what it would be like to know how it feels to have our Zags in the Final Four, and now I know. Thank you So much Zags for leading me to this place. I've watched the Final Four for most of my life and have dreamed this dream come true now so many times. And now I know the meaning of "Dreams Do Come True." Thank you Zags! And now, today, here we are in the national championship game. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. It's make me so giddy when I think about it. It's just such an unbelievable feeling to think that we really can be national champs. #1....and the biggest #1 of them all. Just holding that thought for a minute and feeling how that thought feels, honestly brings tears to my eyes....joyful tears. YOu know those tears that flow when you see your sons or daughters get married. Those are unbelievable happy tears, at least for a romantic like me. NATIONAL CHAMPS!!! I love that thought.

It's really sunny out, I mean really sunny. No clouds at all. That's a great sign to me, as this year has been all about sunshine and lollipops. This has been one of the most positive years of my life, even though I have had to endure so much pain and frustration with my broken shoulder. The Zag games this year have really helped me so much. Again, thank you Zags! All year long I've thought that maybe the Zags really could make it to the Final Four. But there was still some doubt because it's such a huge accomplishment, and it does take luck, and the Zags have never been that lucky. As the season progressed, my confidence in the Zags grew stronger and stronger. The two victories over St Mary's were huge because I knew they had a really really good team, and were ranked in the top 25 all year, and mostly in the top 20. After winning the Conference Tournament by confidence grew even stronger that the Zags just might make it to the Final Four, but there was still a little doubt because I know how hard that is and that it does take luck, and we just never really had that luck, and then there's the issue of refs....Have we ever had refs on OUR SIDE? And then as we won our first two games and made it to the Sweet Sixteen something happened and I suddenly felt a strong sense of faith arise in my spirit. For the first time there was no doubt in me that the Zags were going to make it. I was able to fully see how great this team is, and how much faith they had. After all they were like 35-1. The Zags were going to have to play West Virginia and I knew how tough they were going to be, and a victory over them would be something very hard to do. But I just decided to fully believe that they were going to win. And what a war that was. For me that was the toughest game of the tournament, and that victory would build the kind of confidence that the team would need to win a national championship. I think that game will show that it was even tougher than our victories over South Carolina and North Carolina.

It would be easier to say that we don't need to win today because the Zags have already won. But I've never taken the easier road. I look at our team and I look at North Carolina and I just believe that the Zags are the better team, in so many ways. I was hoping we'd get to play North Carolina in the championship because they are probably the greatest basketball program in the USA and have a really great coach. When you know you have a great team you want to beat the best of the best. This is the year that UNC is supposed to win one more national championship because they barely lost last year. They have returned to rectify that loss. There is a huge roadblock in their way today. It's called THE ZAGS!!! And finally, I know how our boys are feeling as they get ready for the game tonight. Each and every one of them knows that they can win. We possess the greatest of all things, and that's the feeling of being on a great team. Did you notice that there's no "I" in team?

Go Gonzaga!!!

CdAZagFan
04-03-2017, 07:34 AM
It is an unbelievable situation to be sitting here on the last day of the college basketball season and anticipating one last game from our Zags. I, too, believe this team can beat the big, bad, beasts from the east. All tourney long this team has been exercising demons from the past - blown leads, late game breakdowns, etc. This time, they exercise the demon of playing one of the all-time great blue bloods on the nation's biggest stage. I still have visions of that game against Duke two years ago - they had the talent to beat that team, but fell just a little short. This time I believe they show everyone that this team, and this program, has taken that one final step to greatness!

Zags11
04-03-2017, 07:41 AM
I can't add much more to a wonderful thread. This is just indescribable. Go zags!

Zagger
04-03-2017, 08:35 AM
http://www.sbaran.net/zags/UNCleSmall.png

This is it! Last game of the season and the NCAA D1 Championship - with the Zags in it. UNC's good. So are the Zags. Two #1 Seeds! Downright AMAZING! If any team has a chance to make UNC cry UNCle it's these Zags. Depth, Defense, Determination .... and Destiny. We just got down to Phoenix yesterday via a dash to Missoula for a '2 Seats Left' flight. Headed off to the University of Phoenix Stadium soon to join the rest of Zag Nation fortunate enough to be here. Expecting a love fest! Wouldn't surprise me if there's a huge swell of support for the Zags in this game for all who are attending. Even though the Zags are 37-1 it feels like we're the underdog poised to bite at some heels. And that's how I feel we'll win - running UNC down with Zag Depth and putting them off their game with Zag D. I surely wouldn't want to be the team meeting the Zags in this game! And, kudos to UNC if they can beat these Zags. They'll have EARNED IT if they do. Thanks in advance to our team regardless of what the scoreboard says come 00.00 time. What a GREAT season ..... and it's still going! WOW!

Go Zags!

Reborn
04-03-2017, 08:39 AM
http://www.sbaran.net/zags/UNCleSmall.png

This is it! Last game of the season and the NCAA D1 Championship - with the Zags in it. UNC's good. So are the Zags. Two #1 Seeds! Downright AMAZING! If any team has a chance to make UNC cry UNCle it's these Zags. Depth, Defense, Determination .... and Destiny. We just got down to Phoenix yesterday via a dash to Missoula for a '2 Seats Left' flight. Headed off to the University of Phoenix Stadium soon to join the rest of Zag Nation fortunate enough to be here. Expecting a love fest! Wouldn't surprise me if there's a huge swell of support for the Zags in this game for all who are attending. Even though the Zags are 37-1 it feels like we're the underdog poised to bite at some heels. And that's how I feel we'll win - running UNC down with Zag Depth and putting them off their game with Zag D. I surely wouldn't want to be the team meeting the Zags in this game! And, kudos to UNC if they can beat these Zags. They'll have EARNED IT if they do. Thanks in advance to our team regardless of what the scoreboard says come 00.00 time. What a GREAT season ..... and it's still going! WOW!

Go Zags!

Wow! Wow! Wow! OMG You are there, in Phoenix? Wow! You get to see the game. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about being in Zag Heaven. Have a great time.

Go Zags!!!

baitcast
04-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Well here it is game day like no other Gonzaga has ever had!! and Zags fans history will be made,the vibes have been building for this moment for many years :) and Zagville will not be denied................GO ZAGS

GonzagasaurusFlex
04-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Freaking out here in Savannah GA. Band of major thunderstorms moving in and expected all evening. My DirectTV / internet routinely gets jammed up and no signal pulled in during such storms.

I will literally wail & gnash my teeth; swear like a sailor; cry like a baby if I'm unable to watch this game tonight!

Please pray for me ZagNation :-)

CdAZagFan
04-03-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm already tired of hearing all the talking heads today picking the Tar Heels... Same old Zag arguments about weak conference, easy path to final, etc. It's almost refreshing to be the underdog! I wanna hear the broadcaster at the end of the game start screaming..."The Slipper Still Fits!"

Reborn
04-03-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm so happy to hear we're the underdog. I love that role. And we should be the underdog. UNC got 2nd place in the Tournament last year, and they've been favored all year to win it all this year. And after all, they are North Carolina, King of the Blue Bloods.

Two more hours before tip off. The day went quite well. It was just a beautiful day. I'm smiling and feelin good.....but still very very nervous. What would a great game be without being nervous as hell. I will NOT watch GAME DAY on ESPN. Can't stand those guys.

Go Zags!!!

U Zig, I Zag
04-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Freaking out here in Savannah GA. Band of major thunderstorms moving in and expected all evening. My DirectTV / internet routinely gets jammed up and no signal pulled in during such storms.

I will literally wail & gnash my teeth; swear like a sailor; cry like a baby if I'm unable to watch this game tonight!

Please pray for me ZagNation :-)

The 'Kan has clear weather. But I thought of that. What if the power went out??? Saying a prayer your service stays up.

drnoe
04-03-2017, 04:03 PM
History has already been made. It's time to add to the story. #ZagUp