PDA

View Full Version : Where will you be watching the Championship Game?

Malastein
04-02-2017, 12:43 PM
This is the first time the Zags have been to the National Championship game, and it is going to be incredible. Can they deny North Carolina once again from winning? I'll be at the bar I manage in San Francisco with the volume blasted, and I may be the only person really cheering. Let's hope we get this last win, which will allow us to talk about this team as one of the greatest teams ever.

ZagNative
04-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I'll be at home watching, but the party in McCarthy Athletic Center sounds intriguing, as reported in this KHQ story: http://www.khq.com/story/35051271/mccarthey-athletic-center-hosts-championship-game-watch-party

SPOKANE, Wash. -

Officials with Gonzaga University announced Sunday that the McCarthey Athletic Center, aka The Kennel, will be hosting a watch party Monday evening as the Gonzaga Bulldogs take on the North Carolina Tar Heels in the team's first NCAA National Championship game in school history.

The free event is open to the public and can hold 6,000 (screaming) Zags fans. You do not need to be a student to attend. Doors to the watch party will open at 5:15 p.m. But you'll probably want to get there pretty early in the day in order to watch the game from the home court.

If you can't make inside The Kennel, Spokane's Garland Theater will also be hosting a free watch party as will the Bing Crosby Theater downtown.

Tip off for the game is scheduled for 6 p.m. Pacific Time Monday, April 3, on CBS.

demian
04-02-2017, 12:56 PM
I will be watching the game at Reborns house. Man let me tell you the energy in that living room is going to be palpable

Radbooks
04-02-2017, 01:14 PM
I think I'm just going to stay home and do my usual routine. I've thought about finding a sports bar but I just think it'll be best to watch it here with my mom. We both get so nervous at times that we get up to walk around and I follow twitter and such to sort of help keep me calm. :) If I was in Spokane I'd maybe go to the Kennel, but I think it's just best to stay home.

Go Zags!

(I still can't quite believe we're talking about a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. wow)

Hoopaholic
04-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Man cave on Fox Island with my father.........saving good "victory" cigar

MBAGael
04-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Moraga.

kitzbuel
04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Section 135 row 39 seat 9

Bluze
04-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Nestled back in the power recliner, 12 feet back from the 150" projection screen (10 feet wide), counting the hairs in Karno's beard... It is difficult to find a better venue than my theater when you cannot be there in person.

Besides, I need to keep my sweetie grounded (net in hand) as she gets quite "into the game...".

rennis
04-02-2017, 03:16 PM
right up in this big beautiful bastid!!

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/zagdawg/arena.png

Lakesbison
04-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Minneapolis after Minnesota wins Opening day ... should be a party go zags!

GUinSTL
04-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Section 134!

Zagger
04-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Had to go! Just got to Phoenix. Will be viewing the game from section 220, row 8, seats 16 & 17. We brought our best binoculars. Should be easy to watch UNC with heals stuck in tar! Zags may be too fast :)
Go Zags!

RenoZag
04-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Meehan's Public House, Peachtree Street, Atlanta. . .

Stache
04-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Either Joe's RumHut or The Beach Bar in St John USVI.

Ekrub
04-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Impulse trip and buy this morning. I'll be at the game!!! Beyond excited for it

Mantua
04-02-2017, 06:04 PM
I'll be watching at home alone, but texting my son constantly. My family has a hard time watching important Zag games. We are all nervous wrecks. My daughter and her husband had to take their unruly two-year old to the park close to my house during the Final Four game. They were planning on watching the very end of the game after their child was tucked in for the night. Usually we don't mention the final score to them if they are distracted like this, but yesterday my entire neighborhood could be heard cheering so by the time I met the frazzled parents in the park with a handful of crocuses to offer my grandchild, they knew the score. Last night they fell asleep trying to watch the last ten minutes of the recording.

rennis
04-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Section 134!

135!! Row 30 if you're nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CdAZagFan
04-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Watched yesterday's game at the Hemmingson Center with the Alumni watch party (downstairs from the students). Man, what an unbelievably incredible event put on by the Alumni Assoc. Food, drinks and a great little auditorium with a large screen - and very devoted fans there. But to able to go upstairs during halftime and join in the singing of Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond with all the students, and then celebrate afterward in all that craziness - absolutely great! It was like being right in the middle of the Kennel Club during one of the home games. Unfortunately, they are not doing that again, so I will probably just watch this one at home on the big screen (but will definitely miss all the Kraziness!)

ezcure17
04-02-2017, 07:19 PM
On our 13th wedding anniversary.... from section 139 row 35 Go zags!

ZonaZag
04-02-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm in Israel and will hopefully be watching. Last game I could only follow the game cast on espn. I brought some zag gear to the promised land, so let's hope the team brings us their as well. Go Zags!

All Weather Fan
04-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Section 133, Row FF, Seat 15
Go Zags ! Win this damn thing !

strikenowhere
04-02-2017, 07:48 PM
At home with the kids in bed, a beer in hand, and every single piece of Zags clothing on that I own on either myself or my wife!

zagsfanforlife
04-02-2017, 08:11 PM
134, row 39 with my pops

azzagfan
04-02-2017, 10:03 PM
I'm in Israel and will hopefully be watching. Last game I could only follow the game cast on espn. I brought some zag gear to the promised land, so let's hope the team brings us their as well. Go Zags!

Not sure if you can convince the Mike''s Place crew on Tel Aviv beach to stay open for a 4:00 AM start time but they do for the Super Bowl.

I'll be watching in LA hopefully if no flight delays...just hat 10 Carolina fans in front of me on Cairo to Paris flight...good natured ribbing for about 15 minutes prior to take off.

Gonezagaga
04-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Apparently right next to All Weather Fan! Will be in section 133 row ff seats 16-18 with my daughter and sister in law.

webspinnre
04-02-2017, 10:33 PM
We've got 4 families of Zag alums getting together at one of our houses here in the North Bay Area. 8 adults and I think 14 kids gathered cheering on the Zags.

MJ777
04-02-2017, 11:36 PM
At home in So Cal.

Coach Crazy
04-03-2017, 04:59 AM
I'll be watching it with a few wards (congregations) at a Church building in Herriman, UT...most likely.

Wish I was on campus, at GU, though. That place is gonna go nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazzgirl_127
04-03-2017, 08:41 AM
At home (although I'm thinking of going over to my parents house so I can watch in the same room that I watched Calvary's tip-in shot...minus the awful trigonometry homework I was doing back then). That's awesome that they're opening up the MAC! They did that with the civic arena when the Penguins were in the finals in 2008 and watching the games with so many fans was magical (I'm not using that term loosely, game 5 was up there with seeing my kids walk for the first time haha. No, really.).

Gonzdb8
04-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Today I am really missing the Knights of Columbus lounge on campus that served as my home base for so many away games throughout the years, as well as serving as our regular pre-func watering hole before walking to the MAC for home games. RIP KoC. It seems a crime that you were forced to close up shop before this historical season. I guess I might end up going to the MAC for the watch party, but in all likelihood will watch the game from the comfort of my couch with my good friend Basil Hayden.
GO ZAGS!

misszigzag
04-03-2017, 09:10 AM
At home! I can say bad words etc, without getting thrown out :)

Bowser
04-03-2017, 09:21 AM
I will be at home. The blinds will be shut and the lights off. I will be on the floor in the fetal position, gently rolling back and forth, back and forth.

ZagTrain
04-03-2017, 10:45 AM
In Switzerland, due to some poor long-term planning on my part. Tip is at 3AM local time and I'm not 100% sure I can find a decent stream. Would love any suggestions!

gonzagafan62
04-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Bourbon, Missouri

scrooner
04-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Two feet away from my TV, in my lucky hat and Pendo jersey.

webspinnre
04-03-2017, 11:28 AM
We've got 4 families of Zag alums getting together at one of our houses here in the North Bay Area. 8 adults and I think 14 kids gathered cheering on the Zags.

Haven't worn my old pep band shirt in years, but dug it out for today.

zagfan24
04-03-2017, 12:11 PM
At home, with enough beverages near by to keep me some semblance of calm. Kids will be sleeping (hopefully) and I'll no doubt be on the phone with my dad during most timeouts and at halftime as is our custom. The end of the game phone call only follows a win. So I'm expecting we will chat then, too.

I can't focus at work today. I'm so excited. Not nearly as nervous as previous rounds for a variety of reasons. Just anxious energy and nervous anticipation and really, really, really want Coach Few and this remarkable group of young men to be celebrating a championship tonight.

LongIslandZagFan
04-03-2017, 12:14 PM
My living room... might have to move the keg up so I don't have to make the trek to the garage for refills.

jimmycarter
04-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Kailua, Oahu. Hard to call this trip "poor planning". There has to be a sports bar somewhere on this side of the island...

zagfan24
04-03-2017, 01:01 PM
In Switzerland, due to some poor long-term planning on my part. Tip is at 3AM local time and I'm not 100% sure I can find a decent stream. Would love any suggestions!

I'm assuming you are aware of the march madness streaming page? http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live
You can use a cable subscription or purchase CBS all access to watch; but not sure if that's available overseas.

Good luck!

CarolinaZagFan
04-03-2017, 01:48 PM
I will be in the comfy confines of my own house with not a Tarhole in sight. I've had enough of their crap today and yesterday, can't handle watching the game surrounded by them. They already have their excuse ready. Did you guys know it's a miracle Berry is alive? Apparently he'll be on the court in a wheelchair tonight ��

sittingon50
04-03-2017, 02:24 PM
At home! I can say bad words etc, without getting thrown out :)

This!

sittingon50
04-03-2017, 02:25 PM
I will be at home. The blinds will be shut and the lights off. I will be on the floor in the fetal position, gently rolling back and forth, back and forth.

And this!

PNW Zagfan
04-03-2017, 03:40 PM
"The Doghouse Pub" (seems fitting), St. John, USVI

Reborn
04-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Great to see so many fans are in Phoenix. Really cool. I think the arena will be full of Zag fans. Be loud. Be crazy. It's our last game. I'll be home with my two sons, and hopefully a few grandkids. We are for sure great fans. Always have been. We do this every year.

Go Zags!!!

U Zig, I Zag
04-03-2017, 03:44 PM
I will be in the comfy confines of my own house with not a Tarhole in sight. I've had enough of their crap today and yesterday, can't handle watching the game surrounded by them. They already have their excuse ready. Did you guys know it's a miracle Berry is alive? Apparently he'll be on the court in a wheelchair tonight ��
Like what's his name coming out from the tunnel when everyone thought he was left for dead.

Alum08
04-03-2017, 04:12 PM
I'm throwing a party for some Tar Heelers. If all they bring is Coca-Cola they ain't getting in. Apparently I'm not as welcoming as Kentucky fans.

Lakesbison
04-03-2017, 10:08 PM

man that sucks we had 1 full bar huberts downtown mpls rockin with 90% gonzaga tonight we had dun following you man sorry