PDA

View Full Version : You're Welcome! -BYU

NorCalCoug
04-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Go give'em hell Zags! Can't help but feel an end of season loss to my Cougs helped you guys refocus on the task at hand... ;)

Seriously, must be awesome as a fan. I'm jealous and cheering hard for you guys!

bballbeachbum
04-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Go give'em hell Zags! Can't help but feel an end of season loss to my Cougs helped you guys refocus on the task at hand... ;)

:lmao:
but I agree

MickMick
04-02-2017, 09:52 AM
For what?

A hockey game?

Is it time to start recruiting enforcers for the annual slap fest in Spokane?

bballbeachbum
04-02-2017, 09:55 AM
For what?

A hockey game?

Is it time to start recruiting enforcers for the annual slap fest?

:lmao: thanks for that
Zags have played in a couple of hockey games so far this tournament

NorCalCoug
04-02-2017, 09:59 AM
For what?

A hockey game?

Is it time to start recruiting enforcers for the annual slap fest in Spokane?

Someone had to toughen you soft pansies up a bit for the tournament!

rijman
04-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I can't really say the loss to BYU hurt the Zags given they went on to make the NCAA finals. And while BYU missed the NCAA tourney they have been mentioned many times as the only team to beat the Zags, which might slightly lessen the sting of greatly under performing this season with some bad losses including USD.

ProVeeZag
04-02-2017, 10:05 AM

And there it is...set the hook and reel 'em in! Keep cheering hard for us ;)

MDABE80
04-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the support Coug. We're 7 points form perfect. Rose called horsechit hockey game. Bygones be bygones though. Thanks for stopping in.

cggonzaga
04-02-2017, 10:09 AM

Seriously, must be awesome as a fan. I'm jealous and cheering hard for you guys!

I agree and thanks! BYU will be able to say they handed the national champs their only loss on the season.

MickMick
04-02-2017, 10:31 AM

Congrats on your moral victory.

This just in. Even if you do get to the second week of the tournament, the East Coast referees are just waiting to hammer your hockey style. They are looking for an excuse to job you and BYU will readily give it to them. Hence, you will never get past week two. Try playing basketball instead and the Eastern Bias will not punish you as bad........when/if you eventually get there.

This is how GU will help YOU in the tournament.

Zag365
04-02-2017, 10:44 AM
I was not in the camp (back during the win streak) that Zags needed a loss. I thought the win streak helped the team focus on each game and play with pressure/expectations that improved the team in ways that WCC opponents, outside of SMC and BYU, could not. I also thought it would be a fantastic accomplishment to check the box of an undefeated season. But, having BYU hang an "L" on our record did eliminate the unnecessary pressure/hype that would have been added to Zags already full plate getting ready for each NCAA opponent. Not saying that things would have turned out any differently. Just glad, in retrospect, not to have that burden throughout the tourney.

Now let's drop the hammer on the 'Heels and give BYU the satisfaction of having been the only team to beat the 2016-17 Zags!

zagsfanforlife
04-02-2017, 10:51 AM
haha you guys quoting his jab reinforced his jab. The guy is cheering for us, and i believe him. Thanks for the support BYU, smc and the rest of the wcc. i really feel like 95-99% of the WCC wants to see the Zags take it.

NorCalCoug
04-02-2017, 10:56 AM
And there it is...set the hook and reel 'em in! Keep cheering hard for us ;)

Don't be so sensitive. I'm clearly joking.

MJ777
04-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Playing BooYU makes GU better and more bruised. Thanks Cougs.

bartruff1
04-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Screw BYU, they deserve absolutely no credit for this teams success....

hooter73
04-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Byu is ok with hurting people on the court. I have zero respect for them as a team and program.

Ezag
04-02-2017, 01:06 PM
haha it did something, not sure what

Lewey
04-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Not sure whether it helped or not. Let's say we could magically turn back time and change our season to win that game. We find out if the season results change, but then that's the season that we will have. No, I think I'll stay with the season as we have it now, thank you very much!

Zag365
04-02-2017, 02:00 PM
I agree and thanks! BYU will be able to say they handed the national champs their only loss on the season.

Yes, indeed, NorCal, you are welcome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

zagdontzig
04-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Let them grasp their last semblance of any relevance from the last year. It literally impacted nothing. Still a one seed, still ran a train on the regular season and conference tournament, and we're playing in the title game tomorrow.

They're the only team who beat the Zags. We are the Zags. We hang a final four banner (at least), they hang nothing. No need to be salty.

tummydoc
04-02-2017, 08:09 PM
I think it changed us ....... from winning in our dress whites to winning in our blacks tomorrow!

Go Zags

JPtheBeasta
04-02-2017, 09:58 PM
There's some testy folks around here today NorCal. Thanks for the support.

Birddog
04-03-2017, 04:11 AM
Screw BYU, they deserve absolutely no credit for this teams success....

This

TexasZagFan
04-03-2017, 04:25 AM
Let them grasp their last semblance of any relevance from the last year. It literally impacted nothing. Still a one seed, still ran a train on the regular season and conference tournament, and we're playing in the title game tomorrow.

They're the only team who beat the Zags. We are the Zags. We hang a final four banner (at least), they hang nothing. No need to be salty.

I'm relieved that we beat Pepperdine. Otherwise, we might be hearing the same thing from the Waves' board, i.e. their beating BYU motivated the Cougs' effort in Spokane. I saw that game, it was a pathetic effort on BYU's part.

I know it was meant tongue-in-cheek, but my animus towards BYU has built up over 40 years. I'm surprised UT-Arlington hasn't applied for membership in the WCC, after the way they dispatched the 2nd & 3rd place teams in our conference in their own buildings.