PDA

View Full Version : Should we be concerned with Josh's stat line from yesterday's game?

thespywhozaggedme
04-02-2017, 08:54 AM
In 22 minutes he had 0 points, 5 fouls, two rebounds and one assist. What say you?

Zagcity
04-02-2017, 08:59 AM
In 22 minutes he had 0 points, 5 fouls, two rebounds and one assist. What say you?

He had a role, only one TO during that 22 minutes. I'm sure he did what coach asked of him to do.

gonzagafan62
04-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Nope.

Ezag
04-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Josh will never be a Goss on O. He did what he needed to do. Help bring the ball up, not turn it over and play good defense, all of which he did.

CdAZagFan
04-02-2017, 09:04 AM
No concern here... Played good D, handled the ball a lot against that pressure and only 1 turnover. But if he can hit a couple of 3's in the NC game it would be great.

GoZags
04-02-2017, 09:07 AM

Check the final score

MJ777
04-02-2017, 09:09 AM
NO!!!

DixieZag
04-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Hudson and Santengelo said that what he did will never show up in the scorebook, that he was everywhere. I agree with CDA, though. I hope he remembers to hunt his shot a little.

JPtheBeasta
04-02-2017, 09:21 AM
I would worry about his confidence in this situation but he had a really good game against Xavier after some bad juju prior to that. I think he is fine. Was he the one that fouled when up 3 at the end? If so, it was executed perfectly and he can hang his hat on that. He probably would have been more productive offensively if not for foul trouble. As mentioned regarding his lack of turnovers (and that one appeared to be a player showing to the ball then ducking out right when he passed it to him), just being able to trust him to bring the ball up rests NWG mentally and physically.

Outraged
04-02-2017, 09:24 AM
He played a perfect game.His last foul was priceless. He will get his points off of steals if he keeps defending like he is defending.

Virginia Zags Fan
04-02-2017, 09:26 AM
I was there. Thought he was fine. Really liked his D. Opposing teams know he can shoot. They are out there on him quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bballbeachbum
04-02-2017, 09:32 AM
awesome to hear that Hudson and Santangelo mentioned Josh's overall floor game. Josh has reconstituted his game to old school back court priorities, not easy to do mid stream, and I've loved watching him step up into his new role, accept it, go after it and excel to the team's benefit. might get some good looks tomorrow night to knock down

kitzbuel
04-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Nope. He is playing for a National Championship.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Markburn1
04-02-2017, 09:35 AM
No. Nice try to tamp down the excitement and stir some controversy. Maybe we should be concerned about you.

CanadianZagsFan
04-02-2017, 09:37 AM
I called Perk for big game vs Xavier in that zone. Any team moving forward that plays zone vs Zags he has to take the lead for the Zags. I believe this was a huge maturation year for guys like Perkins (and Melson).

I could see Few really appreciating how Perkins played yesterday. Low turnovers, cared about playing D like he has for 90-95% of games and possessions this year. I truly believe Few and Perkins relationship is unique. Not always the easiest for a coach, but rewarding in the end.

If UNC plays any junk up zone , make em pay Perk!

Marcus
04-02-2017, 09:38 AM
No.

This team does not need him to score to win games. They need his ball handling to be solid when the other team tries to pressure Nigel, they need him to play tough D and make good decisions when they run their offence. All of which he has been doing.

I will say though, when he does all of that AND scores it makes this team almost impossible to defend.

thespywhozaggedme
04-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Check the final score

So if he kicked someone in the nuts and took a dump in Centercourt and we won the game would that be your response as well? The thread topic is legitimate. Many posters gave constructive answers that put my mind at ease, you're capable of that as well.

thespywhozaggedme
04-02-2017, 09:47 AM
No. Nice try to tamp down the excitement and stir some controversy. Maybe we should be concerned about you.

It was a legitimate question don't be a snowflake.

thespywhozaggedme
04-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Many thanks to the overwhelming majority of the posters who answered my question fairly.

GoZags
04-02-2017, 10:08 AM
So if he kicked someone in the nuts and took a dump in Centercourt and we won the game would that be your response as well? The thread topic is legitimate. Many posters gave constructive answers that put my mind at ease, you're capable of that as well.

Basketball is a team game. Victory comes from the sum of a team's parts.... not one individual's

And please watch yourself and try to think before you post tastelessly

Hoopaholic
04-02-2017, 10:14 AM

Winning basketball requires more than someone scoring baskets, like a mosaic puzzle, each piece must fit perfectly with the other pieces. Each piece provides a Partial picture where by itself you scrunch your nose up and think to yourself "what the heck is this and why would it be part of the beautiful picture I am trying to build".

Sometimes the puzzle fits together in different fashions depending on the overall picture you are trying to build(counter another teams strengths or attack another teams weakness) and the beauty of the team game of basketball is the mistro must convince each piece what part of the picture they will be in each game.

Josh has done a tremendous....not make that an exceptional job....of taking what the coaches have asked of him and put forth the effort in that regard

He has provided point guard duties that allowed team to swing goss over to the shooting guard for specific plays, he has run the point when Goss takes breathers, he has defended extremely well, has boxed out to ensure rebounding availability he has made great decisions ( 6 total turnovers 1 ever 23.5 minutes --Goss has ratio of 1 every 15 minutes played in tournament)

Scoring is not necessarily the end all be all but if the game plan calls for it he has shown he is happy to step into that roll

1 of his fouls was called for in a tactical setting at end of game

1 of his fouls was diving for loose ball cutting in front of another player

1 of his fouls was a hard intentional foul to prevent layup

IMO the answer to your question is a resounding NO

All very good basketball decisions that led to our victory