PDA

View Full Version : Thread with key points in South Carolina game -

demian
04-01-2017, 11:24 PM
2 biggest rebounds of this season go to =

SILAS MELSON!!!!

His defensive rebound IN HEAVY TRAFFIC vs West Virginia right after Mathews hit the huge 3 pointer, WVU came right back down court and missed and MELSON got rebound with approx 40 seconds to go in game and got fouled and hit one free throw to extend to 3 point lead and we held on and won.

Yesterday in final four we lead by three points 75-72 and South Carolina misses shot and Melson secures rebound IN TRAFFIC with 43 seconds left in game and we bled the clock down and we limited SC chances due to time restraints and we go onto win

That guy has taken so much crap from fans on this message board the last 2 years GOOD JOB MELSON FOR DOING THE DIRTY WORK

seacatfan
04-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Tillie has to crack the top 2. Got the intentionally missed FT when the margin was only 2, not to mention sank both FTs to ice it.

demian
04-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Tillie has to crack the top 2. Got the intentionally missed FT when the margin was only 2, not to mention sank both FTs to ice it.

Touché. But I felt melsons two boards IN HEAVY TRAFFIC as a GUARD AMONGST THE TREES were balls galore!!! Much respect for sure tho to tillie

Zags_Fanatic
04-02-2017, 12:03 AM
Collins' ability to gain possession on his blocks today was a masterwork. Of his 6 blocks, Zags took possession on 4 and watching the replay this wasn't by chance. He made the small adjustments necessary to keep the ball or send it to a teammate versus wildly smashing it into the crowd. The second option is a crowd-pleaser, but gaining 4 extra possessions on shots that likely would have gone in was the difference between a win and a loss in a 4 point game.

ZagMan in Philly
04-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Anyone has a picture of Collins ejected the attempted dunk by their small guard right before the half?
That was priceless...what was that kid thinking LOL??

john montana
04-02-2017, 07:11 AM
Silas was huge yesterday. Kid is just a silly athlete.

Zagcity
04-02-2017, 08:15 AM
2 biggest rebounds of this season go to =

SILAS MELSON!!!!

His defensive rebound IN HEAVY TRAFFIC vs West Virginia right after Mathews hit the huge 3 pointer, WVU came right back down court and missed and MELSON got rebound with approx 40 seconds to go in game and got fouled and hit one free throw to extend to 3 point lead and we held on and won.

Yesterday in final four we lead by three points 75-72 and South Carolina misses shot and Melson secures rebound IN TRAFFIC with 43 seconds left in game and we bled the clock down and we limited SC chances due to time restraints and we go onto win

That guy has taken so much crap from fans on this message board the last 2 years GOOD JOB MELSON FOR DOING THE DIRTY WORK

Some may have lost their faith but most of us had him solid :agreed:

DixieZag
04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Nigel's dish to Karno for the dunk that got us back up 3, their run was officially over and from that point, we were close to going up 5-7 rather than being down.

bballbeachbum
04-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Nigel's dish to Karno for the dunk that got us back up 3, their run was officially over and from that point, we were close to going up 5-7 rather than being down.

awesome play. Karno got knocked in the head on that one while in the air, no call. Loved his lion's roar to the bench after he flushed it!

TexasZagFan
04-02-2017, 02:26 PM

Have to give Kudos to J3 for forcing the SC forward to the center of the key, opened up a lane for Killian to step to the hoop and clear an easy rebound.

Reborn
04-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Melson's game was awesome. He comes into the game in first half and nails 2 straight 3's. These were the first 3's for the team, and the team seemed to get their confidence and ended the game with 9 threes. Later on he has two swats, I think both were against Thornwell. He just had a great game as did everyone. For me this was a game that everyone was making huge plays. They played as one unit. It was beautiful to watch.

Go Zags!!!

zag67
04-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Reborn, I agree. All of our players had a major piece at different times. GREAT game and fun (almost heart attack) time.

CdAZagFan
04-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Melson's game was awesome. He comes into the game in first half and nails 2 straight 3's. These were the first 3's for the team, and the team seemed to get their confidence and ended the game with 9 threes. Later on he has two swats, I think both were against Thornwell. He just had a great game as did everyone. For me this was a game that everyone was making huge plays. They played as one unit. It was beautiful to watch.

Nelson was huge... Those 3's did seem to loosen up our other shooters, and then his blocks were a thing of beauty. I hope they all bring that kind of enthusiasm and energy tomorrow.

ZagLawGrad
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Melson's best game IMO