PDA

View Full Version : Goal Tending against Karno Shot?

DixieZag
04-01-2017, 06:56 PM
How do we feel about that?

I thought it was pretty obvious it was on its way down.

ZagsObserver
04-01-2017, 06:59 PM
How about the SC players foot on the baseline, or the numerous over the back non-calls, or you pick? Officiating was poor. Any idea on who the crew will be Monday?

LouisianaZag
04-01-2017, 07:00 PM
I thought so too. The announcers mentioned it but dropped it. I wonder if that is reviewable, I guess not.

Alum08
04-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Let's call it even now with the Collins NW "block."

Ekrub
04-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Only two fouls stuck out to me - collins offenive foul and I think on karnowski shortly after. Goaltend was close but looked clean

sylean
04-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Only two fouls stuck out to me - collins offenive foul and I think on karnowski shortly after. Goaltend was close but looked clean

still, don't you stop and take a look?....and don't you stop and take a look at why a huge man is on the floor writhing in pain?...monthly cramps I think not....

jpn17
04-01-2017, 07:36 PM

I thought there were several more pretty questionable calls. JWIII taking an elbow to the face and getting called for a block and JWIII's offensive foul come to mind.

Marcus
04-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Goaltending is not reviewable. Worked in our favour against NW but against us here. I can live wth it.

Zagricultural
04-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Officiating was atrocious!!!!

MJ777
04-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Goaltending is not reviewable. Worked in our favour against NW but against us here. I can live wth it.

We probably shouldn't complain about that no call.

maynard g krebs
04-01-2017, 07:44 PM
One of too many.

Marcus
04-01-2017, 07:45 PM
We probably shouldn't complain about that no call.

Agreed

sylean
04-01-2017, 08:09 PM
you should go read the gamecocks board...some saying the refs did THEM in...and btw, when Shem got the hand to the face they actually were sort of happy about it...called Shem a "####y" .....and IF ONLY their star player was feeling better and IF ONLY we weren't "####ies" by fouling with 3 secs left....

MJ777
04-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Question; did Perkins really foul on purpose? It was a lite foul, and he looked upset. Maybe he was acting.

beaverzag
04-01-2017, 08:23 PM
How about we just play on Monday for the freaking National Championship?!

JPtheBeasta
04-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Let's call it even now with the Collins NW "block."

I had already called it even after the Gamecocks got away with 5 or so steps on the catch of a 3/4-court pass in their last game.

JPtheBeasta
04-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Granted I was in the 400-level, but the offensive foul that was called on Collins when he put his pan in the spin cycle and scored on him during the Gamecocks run looked pretty terrible.

They seemed to get the benefit of many calls from the 10:00 mark down to about 3 min left in the game. The #### fan next to me complained with something like, "Call them on our end, too," when they finally called a foul on a #### player. In hind-sight it is a bit humorous, but at that time I was shocked to think that a USC fan would think it was being called one-sided.

Edit: No offense intended to anyone above. I shortened Gamecocks and the censor took over. They were chanting Go!...Cocks!. Go!... Cocks!...
during the game and in the bar pre-game.

ProVeeZag
04-01-2017, 09:09 PM
I don't jot down times and situations when questionable calls happen, as some probably do. In general terms though, I noticed several fouls called on Zags for a very slight level of contact. Comparatively, it took much heavier contact from a Gamecock player to get whistled. I can't prove these this in a court of law, just know what my eyes tell me after watching 50 plus years of basketball. Shem, in particular, got shoved out of bounds by Silva, I believe, while trying to corral a rebound. Obvious foul by Silva that resulted in a change of possession, but no whistle. On the possible goal tend on Karno's shot, in real time I called it immediately as a goal tend. Replay indicated to me it could have gone either way - ball appeared to me to be at it's apex when touched. Overall Zags survived some ticky-tack fouls called against them. My overall grade for refs in this one: B- Could have been worse (and we've all seen worse!).