PDA

View Full Version : Good Places to Watch in Spokane?

JohnOGU
03-29-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm sure there will be a watch on campus, but have not heard or seen anything official. Any other big festivities going on in Spokane?

DixieZag
03-29-2017, 04:38 PM
Haven't there been years past when it was shown on the Crosby theatre screen? Maybe I'm thinking of something different.

I know that if I was planning on hitting one of the big sports bars with the massive TVs, I'd try making a reservation even if they don't usually take reservations. It's way more fun to watch with other people around.

roxdoc
03-29-2017, 04:44 PM
The Bing will be showing it on their big movie screen. Think they sell beer and wine which you can take into theater. The popcorn is not too bad either. Admission is free.

zagsfanforlife
03-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Just curious because i always hear it referenced by sportscasters... Is Jack and Dans a fun spot to watch big Zags games?

Zagdawg
03-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Hemmingson Center‏
@GUHemmingson

Let's keep dancing Zags! Come witness history at the Hemmingson Center Final Four game watch this Saturday!

DixieZag
03-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Just curious because i always hear it referenced by sportscasters... Is Jack and Dans a fun spot to watch big Zags games?

Very fun, if you're actually inside, near a tv, with access to someone on the wait staff. And, I suspect, if those things appeal to you, I would be at J/D's well before noon on Saturday, I mean well before noon. You might call them beforehand ask whether other hints might be helpful.

zagsfanforlife
03-29-2017, 05:09 PM
Very fun, if you're actually inside, near a tv, with access to someone on the wait staff. And, I suspect, if those things appeal to you, I would be at J/D's well before noon on Saturday, I mean well before noon. You might call them beforehand ask whether other hints might be helpful.

I'll be in Phoenix! But did stop by there on a recruiting trip to GU years back. Seemed like a fun local spot

CdAZagFan
03-29-2017, 08:33 PM
The Bing will be showing it on their big movie screen. Think they sell beer and wine which you can take into theater. The popcorn is not too bad either. Admission is free.

Anyone go to this last time they did it? I'm just wondering about the quality of the picture on the big movie screen? And is it just first come, first serve?

Ekrub
03-29-2017, 08:38 PM

It's alright - better options in my opinion, depending on your age

CCS050
03-29-2017, 08:40 PM
It is time for Gonzaga boosters to open their bank accounts...There are 300,000 rabid fans in the greater Spokane area..It is time to make the Zags the Duke of the West Coast...There are more than enough dedicated Zags to completely renovate Joe Albi Stadium into a state of the art 40,000 seat stadium for a revival of the once powerful Gonzaga Football Team...With this dedicated fan base they would support
a football team that would be as successful as the basketball team...Gonzaga has the best coach and fans in the country...It is time to replace WSU in the Pac 12 and do to the PAC 12 what the Zags do to the WCC...Go Zags

ZagWhoShotLibertyValance
03-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Garland Theatre showing on the big screen with beer and wine available, though you cannot drink in the theatre proper. go zags

U Zig, I Zag
03-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Family has been going to the Garland for the tourney. My rituals are are bit, well, more ritualistic for game viewings. Same seat. Same hat. Same friends yelling at the screen with me.

krozman
03-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Whatever you do don't go to Waddells on the northside. While their food is great they separate half of their TVs between Comcast and DirecTV, so depending on where you sit half of the place has an 8 second delay and it's just terrible if you're in the wrong seat.

CdAZagFan
03-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Garland Theatre showing on the big screen with beer and wine available, though you cannot drink in the theatre proper. go zags

So how's the picture quality at the theater? I'm spoiled with my large HD TV and since I am probably not going down to Phoenix, I am having a hard time figuring out the best viewing location.

Zagdawg
03-30-2017, 08:43 PM
Gonzaga Kennel Club shared Gonzaga Student Body Association's event.
9 hrs
Hey Zags! Come to Krem's Gonzaga rally from 7pm-8pm tomorrow in Hemmingson, there'll be free food, sign making, and more! Check out the event attached below. #WitnessHistory #GUFinal4

MAR
Interested
KREM Gonzaga Rally
Tomorrow 7 PM Gonzaga John J. Hemmingson Center Spokane, WA
Sports ⋅ Recreation

bigblahla
03-30-2017, 10:33 PM
It is time for Gonzaga boosters to open their bank accounts...There are 300,000 rabid fans in the greater Spokane area..It is time to make the Zags the Duke of the West Coast...There are more than enough dedicated Zags to completely renovate Joe Albi Stadium into a state of the art 40,000 seat stadium for a revival of the once powerful Gonzaga Football Team...With this dedicated fan base they would support
a football team that would be as successful as the basketball team...Gonzaga has the best coach and fans in the country...It is time to replace WSU in the Pac 12 and do to the PAC 12 what the Zags do to the WCC...Go Zags

Joe Albi...you mean the stadium run by the Sewer Dept? ..... what a wasted venue...no vision from the local politicals as to Albi...none for years...love the idea....had a serious conversation with an ex city council member about Albi a couple of years ago....what I got from it was you could probably lease it for $1 a year if you wanted to foot all the bills and keep existing contracts and deals with current tenants who use the stadium...cost the city big bucks every year....more of a bane than asset because no one in power has a vision or clue on how to make it profitable.....most would like to tear it down....again love the idea...not certain about the GU football part and no one is replacing the Cougs but making Albi a viable contributing venue for the region....why hasn't it already been done?

Go!! Zags!!!

willandi
03-31-2017, 07:46 AM
I would think a room at one of the better hotels, one with large screen TV's in the room, a 1/2 rack of your favorite libation and kick back to watch both games. Order a pizza to be delivered, sleep it off all night and have a safe drive home on Sunday morning!