• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10 Piece Bucket
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jan 2013

Sleeping with your GU Gnome for good luck

So a few years ago I mailed a Gonzaga lawn Gnome to friends in upstate New York. They had joined us one year at the WCC tournament and are great GU fans. Well, they put the little guy out on their patio and would then move it either closer to the house, or farther away from the house depending on the outcome of each game. I called yesterday to say that I hoped the Gnome was IN THE HOUSE at this point- they responded by saying that not only was it in the house, that they are sleeping with it!!!! Zag Nation - know that you have friends in the Catskill Mountains!
  • scrooner
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Is it this guy? https://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Gonzaga-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

We have Gnomey beside the TV year round, but during games he always gets a prime seat, and my 8-year-old likes to rub his hat for good luck. His hat is well-polished.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by 10 Piece Bucket View Post
      So a few years ago I mailed a Gonzaga lawn Gnome to friends in upstate New York. They had joined us one year at the WCC tournament and are great GU fans. Well, they put the little guy out on their patio and would then move it either closer to the house, or farther away from the house depending on the outcome of each game. I called yesterday to say that I hoped the Gnome was IN THE HOUSE at this point- they responded by saying that not only was it in the house, that they are sleeping with it!!!! Zag Nation - know that you have friends in the Catskill Mountains!
      Nice post and great story. Thanks!! I'd love to have one of those little guys.
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Mine lost the tip of his cap in a flagrant 1 incident during the BYU game. . .
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

Mine lost the tip of his cap in a flagrant 1 incident during the BYU game. . .
          Should be easy enough to fix after all gnomes are pretty well known as glue guys.
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
          X