PDA

View Full Version : Hudson, Few Final 4 Edition Monday radio show.

Section 116
03-27-2017, 11:59 AM
I almost forgot about the noon Hudson radio show but I got it turned on in time to get this:

Few: This is a business trip. These guys have been remarkably prepared and consistent all season and I expect nothing different. These guys will be prepared. We will enjoy some of it however. I'm not gonna pull a John Thompson and stay 10 miles away. We are going to enjoy what there is to enjoy. They guys deserve it. This will be a hard hat game (S. Carolina), much like West Virginia. Expect a game in the 50's not the 90's. We are 1 and 2 in Ken Pom defensive stats and that is the kind of game I expect. They are really tough in the half court. They are relentless on the boards. And their transition game is outstanding. You have to get back in a hurry.

Chris Johnson (Associate AD) regarding tickets: It's been a couple crazy days here. Saturday night was an amazing feeling. A lot of people put in a lot of work behind the scenes and it was very rewarding to see that win. We had a lot of prep ready to go and ticket packages were on sale were available to our priority season ticket holders immediately. There are still tickets available for them. The $250 Bulldog club membership will entitle you to two tickets for the Final Four. You can find the most updated info on GoZags.com. We will be updating throughout the day. The response had been tremendous. There are secondary markets for tickets as well, Stub hub etc. We have sold about 3000 tickets. It's tough to get down there from Spokane, the airlines are booked out of Spokane now, unless you are creative. You can probably get there from Seattle, Portland etc. Our tickets are all in the 100 level. They won't be in the extra bleacher type seats that they jam in there to increase the attendance. Packages available to our season ticket holders and Bulldog club members DO NOT include air so you have to figure out a way to get there.

S Car play by play guy Derek ? on the air with Hudson: It's a remarkable stretch for USC at the end of the season. What turned it around, conference play is hard. When you play the same team twice they know your sets, it's hard to win in league. But when you move into tournament play (we were lucky enough to get in this year) you see teams that are not familiar with you and it's easier in a sense. They were not familiar with our defensive intensity and they don't know how we play (as opposed to conference foes) It's a hard thing to get in this tournament. We had a decent season last year (25 wins) I think he said but it wasn't enough to get there and we ended up in the NIT. This team gives us great effort in every game and that's what we expect. Over the years, the kids who were from Columbia, they never stayed here. Sindarius did go to Oak Hill Academy but he was from here and he came home in a manner of speaking. And those are the building blocks when you can keep the local kids local. Notice was a piece we needed and Silva and they believed in Frank (Martin). We kept some in state guys here and that's what you want to do. We have sunny and 84 here right now but we will enjoy the weather in Phoenix. Hudson-We do NOT have 84 here right now so you can be sure we will enjoy it.

We're trying to put together a show from Phoenix either on Thursday or Friday. There are going to be a LOT of former players down there and we are working now to get something together. When it get's finalized we'll put it out on Social Media, Twitter Facebook etc so stay in touch for the day and time.

Zagarooskis
03-27-2017, 12:21 PM
I almost forgot about the noon Hudson radio show but I got it turned on in time to get this:

We're trying to put together a show from Phoenix either on Thursday or Friday. There are going to be a LOT of former players down there and we are working now to get something together. When it get's finalized we'll put it out on Social Media, Twitter Facebook etc so stay in touch for the day and time.

This is truly going to be an amazing weekend. I'm getting chills just thinking about how big of a party this is going to be for everyone in attendance. Can it be Friday already? Can't wait to get down to Phoenix and celebrate with all the Zags!

rennis
03-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Chris Johnson (Associate AD) regarding tickets: It's been a couple crazy days here. Saturday night was an amazing feeling. A lot of people put in a lot of work behind the scenes and it was very rewarding to see that win. We had a lot of prep ready to go and ticket packages were on sale were available to our priority season ticket holders immediately. There are still tickets available for them. The $250 Bulldog club membership will entitle you to two tickets for the Final Four. You can find the most updated info on GoZags.com. We will be updating throughout the day. The response had been tremendous.

This is not the case as of 1:45pm :(

Edit: BC is calling eligible donors!