PDA

View Full Version : CBS

Birddog
03-27-2017, 07:36 AM
CBS could take a pretty big hit if both Gonzaga and Oregon make it to the NC game. An all west coast final will be a real stinker for them. They can live with one of the two but I'll bet their execs are cringing.

Here is an uncomplimentary article that resonates with that thought.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/gallery/final-four-2017-bad-unc-gonzaga-south-carolina-oregon-odds-brackets-first-time-032717

Let's get it out of the way at the top. No need to sugarcoat. On first glance, and probably on second and third too, this is a dog Final Four. It's the ugly stepchild stealing the spotlight on college basketball's premiere weekend, a motley crew mostly filled with teams you either don't care about or didn't even know you could care about. Imagine a Bengals/Cardinals Super Bowl, then keep going down that path. A little further. Keep walking. There it is: your 2017 NCAA tournament Final Four.

BayAreaZagFan
03-27-2017, 07:43 AM
" ...the blue blood, the underdog, the well-funded upstart and the nobodies. "

This guy's a clown. I'm guessing we're "the underdog"? I hope we're not "the nobodies".

gozagswoohoo
03-27-2017, 07:46 AM
I WANT UNC.

TexasZagFan
03-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Talk about lazy reporting: speak glowingly of SC's defense, with nary a mention of the #1 D in the land. :enraged:

Xavier scored 6 points in the final ten minutes of the second half...might have been lower had Mop Girl been at the other end of the court.

Birddog
03-27-2017, 07:50 AM
" ...the blue blood, the underdog, the well-funded upstart and the nobodies. "

This guy's a clown. I'm guessing we're "the underdog"? I hope we're not "the nobodies".

Agree about the author and I think we are probably the underdog and SC are the nobodies. There will no doubt be more articles like this throughout the week.

MJ777
03-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Agree about the author and I think we are probably the underdog and SC are the nobodies. There will no doubt be more articles like this throughout the week.

With the possible matchups a available, they are hoping for UNC - Gonzaga no doubt.

CDC84
03-27-2017, 07:54 AM
CBS could take a pretty big hit if both Gonzaga and Oregon make it to the NC game. An all west coast final will be a real stinker for them. They can live with one of the two but I'll bet their execs are cringing.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/gallery/final-four-2017-bad-unc-gonzaga-south-carolina-oregon-odds-brackets-first-time-032717

The fact that the game is being played near Phoenix doesn't make CBS happy either.

This is part of the price you pay when the west coast hasn't put a team into the final four for ages. I mean, it's still a disadvantage for them to have west coast teams in there, but if it regularly happens........viewers are used to it.

bartruff1
03-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Poor CBS...I could care less..

Zags_Fanatic
03-27-2017, 08:10 AM

Chris Chase is the worst sports writer in the industry. He has been garbage posting inflammatory clickbait articles for years on different sites and everywhere he goes he has a reputation to uphold as a terrible writer who puts out dumb content for page views.

kitzbuel
03-27-2017, 08:15 AM
I find it fitting that a Final Four in the West has two teams from the West.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

U Zig, I Zag
03-27-2017, 08:44 AM
I think in the article, he sort of comes around. That the teams that got there deserve it and any could be champions.

CDC84
03-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Personally, I would rather that he put this article out after the ratings come out.

stevet75
03-27-2017, 09:35 AM
And the two teams from the West aren't even from California. Both from the Northwest. Poor CBS, no one will watch two teams from the Northwest.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Ratings should be better this year (games are on CBS) than they were last year (when the games were on TBS cable).

And a Gonzaga-UNC title game (my goodness, I can't believe I really just typed that!!!!) would probably do just fine. The UNC brand is that big