PDA

View Full Version : Arena Capacity?

freejoe69
03-26-2017, 02:59 PM
I haven't been able to find the University of Phoenix Stadium seating capacity for the basketball configuration. Anybody have better luck?

jazzdelmar
03-26-2017, 03:00 PM
I haven't been able to find the University of Phoenix Stadium seating capacity for the basketball configuration. Anybody have better luck?

Prob 50k plus. That's why they play the FF in those huge, sterile facilities.

ZagMan in Philly
03-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Prob 50k plus. That's why they play the FF in those huge, sterile facilities.

Hope our boys can shoot in that huge arena.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-26-2017, 03:07 PM
I think it is 65K for football. When you add some seats to the field, I would not be surprised to see 70K.

Personally, I do not think these arenas are conducive to good basketball. Defense and high % shots are key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaglaw
03-26-2017, 03:08 PM
It was being configured for 75,000 for the Final Four.

75Zag
03-26-2017, 03:13 PM
The tickets I got on StubHub are on some sort of "Plaza" which if you look at the stadium design, appear to be temporary seats in what would otherwise be a concourse where they sell hot dogs for football games but which they have converted into seating for the FF because there is a view of the court.
Is it better to have the FF in a true BB arena with a max of 23K seats, or a gigantic arena where they have 70K seats? I could go either way unless the Bulldogs win the NC on Monday, in which case I will tell my friends, family, partners and anybody else for the rest of my life that "I was there" and nobody will ask me about the quality of my seats.

Go Bulldogs!

RenoZag
03-26-2017, 03:17 PM
University of Phoenix Stadium Basketball Seating Details

They University of Phoenix Stadium has not hosted a basketball event of this size before, but has hosted college basketball double headers before. However the court configuration was different for those smaller scale games. Regardless, here are some general tips when buying tickets to a basketball game inside of a football stadium.

The lack of video boards can make it challenging to watch the action from the 400 sections.

Plenty of good seats to be had with the temporary seating system in place around all four sides of the raised court

Fans don’t want to be in the permanent seats in the corners or in the third and fourth tier of seating in the end zones, especially since there is not a video board above center court.

Source Link: https://blog.tickpick.com/ncaa-final-four-seating-chart/#Interactive_Men8217s_Final_Four_Seating_Chart_201 7

The Worst Seats at the Final Four – University of Phoenix Stadium 2017

Football stadiums were not designed to host basketball games, so there are plenty of sections we recommend staying away from when searching for Final Four tickets.

Avoid the temporary (riser) 100 level corner sections (because of the lack of elevation), as well as the 400 level corner sections. Up that high it will look like you are viewing the court from outer space.

Try to avoid end-zone sections in the 100 and 400 sections. These seats will leave you watching the action on the big screen because of the distance from the court.

Additional info on the NCAA Final Four money grab is in this article:

http://herosports.com/collegebasketball/evolution-attendance-final-four-20-years

jazzdelmar
03-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Madison square garden would the THE place in a New York minute. For 8 million reasons.

willandi
03-26-2017, 04:53 PM
Madison square garden would the THE place in a New York minute. For 8 million reasons.

Only if you are based on the east coast! Greater LA has MORE people, just spread out a long ways.

ConnZag3
03-26-2017, 05:12 PM
They usually set it up for 70k-75k for basketball. This will be my 4th Final Four and can definitely tell you you don't want to be in the upper deck if you want to watch the on court action.

zagbeliever
03-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Source Link: https://blog.tickpick.com/ncaa-final-four-seating-chart/#Interactive_Men8217s_Final_Four_Seating_Chart_201 7

Additional info on the NCAA Final Four money grab is in this article:

http://herosports.com/collegebasketball/evolution-attendance-final-four-20-years

Uh oh. Our seats are in section 142 end zone I think. Oh well. We will BE there and watch history be made. :)

CDC84
03-26-2017, 07:32 PM
I would imagine that the best dome to see a basketball game at is the Jerry Dome in Texas with that big scoreboard that they have. They would probably configure the seating so that even the people in the cheap seats could get to see the video board. I really hope that the new domes they have built in Atlanta and Minneapolis (and will soon be building in L.A.) were constructed with big video boards than can be easily used for basketball games.

It really is a shame that they can't host this event in a regular arena, but if 72,000 people want to come, what else can you do? And as crazy as it may seem, there are thousands of people every year who attend the event in the cheap seats and never gripe. They would piss and moan if you took away their ability to view ants on a hardwood floor.

DixieZag
03-26-2017, 07:41 PM

Nothing would be cooler.

BayAreaZagFan
03-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Uh oh. Our seats are in section 142 end zone I think. Oh well. We will BE there and watch history be made. :)

Yep. I think I'll be right there with you. But regardless of how bad they are, for the rest of my life, whenever anyone asks me how it was to be at the Zags first Final Four, I'll reply, "AWESOME!"