PDA

View Full Version : New News on Brooks Lopez

SageOfZagville
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Not only is he academically ineligible, he has been suspended from the team for an indefinite period. It seems he has missed classes and been absent from practices. What is going on in his head?. If he were that disinterested in playing this year, why didn't he declare for the draft? :confused:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3070168

Rubbadub
10-19-2007, 08:53 AM
methinks some young lady has corrupted his mind.

Rubbadub
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Do women really have that power? ;)

yes. yes they do.

:)

Rubbadub
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Good to know!

why is that? that wasn't meant to be empowering. :p

thickman1
10-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Too bad. I really don't have any sympathy for him though. At what point do you need to grow up and take responsibility for your actions? I'm glad that Stanford is taking the hard-nosed approach. No one should be above the institution. I hope he can find some guidance either from within the athletic department or from friends and family to get things straightened out.

sanfranzagsguy20
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
karma's a b****

anybody who watched extensive stanford basketball last year would agree

Butler Guy
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
At Butler, we once had twins on the team (Ben and Andy Grunst) and one of them was kind of a problem guy and eventually he was kicked off the team. Almost immediately after kicking the one brother off, the other brother started to become indifferent and eventually he was gone as well. I would imagine that neither of the Lopez brothers are long for the Cardinal with the pace of the news coming out...

Rubbadub
10-19-2007, 01:08 PM
how do you think this will effect their rankings?

SageOfZagville
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Butler Guy's post reminds me of an incident that happened at my High School a couple of years after I graduated. We had a State Championship caliber coach who had a "Senior" moment and did something that almost got him fired, but did get him suspended for a while. We had these two twins on the team, and one was a starter and played alot, the other barely got into games. Well, it was the district playoffs and the starter got into foul trouble, so at half-time the coach had them switch jerseys. Now, these were identical twins, you know the kind, only thier mother can tell them apart. Well the result was the starter got to play the whole second half and we won the game. Well you know how kids talk. Somehow the word got out and the team had to forfeit the game and as I said, the coach almost lost his job. I think if he didn't have two or three State Championships to his credit, he would have been toast. Kind of like a certain sweater wearing gentleman from Indianna. Well two or three years after that incident, he got in trouble with a married teacher at the school and that was the last straw. Twins are trouble;)

The Sage

Butler Guy
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Twins are trouble ;)

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/stuff/coors_twins2.jpg

.....in deed

Just_An_Old_Zag
10-19-2007, 06:20 PM
maybe he grew an affinity for organic food...like mushrooms and hemp????

DoggieDogpound
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I think Brook Lopez was the better player - at least offensively - so I would think Stanford's ranking would drop several spots.
I like Butler Guys twins - they are hot! I heard at happy hour tonight that one of David Copperfield's secrets is using identical twins for his magic shows.