PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Avoid Non-GU related twitter

CDC84
03-25-2017, 05:33 PM
A million and one comments about why GU doesn't deserve its accomplishment...

jazzdelmar
03-25-2017, 05:34 PM
......where they breathe.

Ezag
03-25-2017, 05:34 PM
Always haters when you're a winner!

bballbeachbum
03-25-2017, 05:35 PM
warm blanket

MDABE80
03-25-2017, 05:35 PM
A million and one comments about why GU doesn't deserve it's accomplishment...

Where?

TexasZagFan
03-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Zags don't need safe spaces. Never have, never will.

adoptedzag
03-25-2017, 05:36 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/5e0qj.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/1ehxd.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/jpyil.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/117tqf.jpg

CDC84
03-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Where?

Parrish, Seth Davis, Katz, the usual guys. In the comments. Many of it centered around how GU never had to play a real team...no one higher than a 4.

Zagger
03-25-2017, 05:39 PM
A million and one comments about why GU doesn't deserve it's accomplishment...

If that is the case that's really too bad. GU has an admirable program. I have a hard time dealing with how some people just do not scratch deep enough on subjects to learn what they are really about. Guess there area too many followers and not enough (good) leaders. That alone could explain a few pressing concerns. Goes to show that it just doesn't pay to stick one's head into too much 'news' and/or social media. Some people just need to open the window more often and/or step outside and take in .... reality.

DixieZag
03-25-2017, 05:42 PM
Parrish, Seth Davis, Katz, the usual guys. In the comments. Many of it centered around how GU never had to play a real team...no one higher than a 4.

Perhaps we should mention that we'd have been happy to have beaten Arizona by 20, except Arizona got beat by the team we just drilled by 23?

We can only play who is in front of us, and when "the good teams" can't beat the teams we beat, there's not much we can do about it. I'm sure they're saying Arizona woulda' beaten us by 30.

thespywhozaggedme
03-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Who cares, we are in the final four!

willandi
03-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Perhaps we should mention that we'd have been happy to have beaten Arizona by 20, except Arizona got beat by the team we just drilled by 23?

We can only play who is in front of us, and when "the good teams" can't beat the teams we beat, there's not much we can do about it. I'm sure they're saying Arizona woulda' beaten us by 30.

Love this

JPtheBeasta
03-25-2017, 05:48 PM

Florida is still playing, no? UofA went pretty deep. GU just beat a Xavier team with an NBA-caliber player on it's roster. They beat the darling of the tournament in Northwestern. They out-toughed and out-defensed West Virginia- out West Virginia-ing West Virginia. They lost to one team all year. What more does this team need to do?

I like Pardon the Interruption, but Kornheiser was talking about how beatable GU was, but WV only shot 20-something percent from the field. People are just going to hate. He gave no credit to GU's defense. He also complained that WV had too many fouls called against them. Lameness personified.

The talking heads on TBS just dismissed this win as a favorable match up. They can take a hike.

zagsfanforlife
03-25-2017, 05:49 PM
That's cute... but WE'RE GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR!!!

CaliZag07
03-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Don't lose sight of what matters. Gonzaga is in the Final 4! That is all that matters!

Let people hate. It's easy to hate.

Final 4!

zagcheer78
03-25-2017, 06:13 PM
What is wrong with these clowns? They are obsessed, need to just accept the reality that GU earned their spot in the final four.
It does not diminish the accomplishments of our team. Instead it shows how small and petty they are.

kitzbuel
03-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Who cares, we are in the final four!
And they aren't!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

MickMick
03-25-2017, 06:18 PM
The goal posts will always be moved. We know that. We have always known that.

Watched PTI and Kornheuser praised South Carolina defense but for West Virginia, they just shot bad. Then he admitted he didn't watch all the games.

Screw em all.

sullyzag66
03-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Like this tweet from Katz?

@ESPNAndyKatz: So cool to see Gonzaga make the Final Four after being there for the beginning of this run in 1999 in Seattle... https://t.co/DRocEfMsro

MJ777
03-25-2017, 06:21 PM
Too bad they didn't get to play Duke, Villanova, FSU or Arizona.

CdAZagFan
03-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Doesn't matter... In the future, it won't be said that GU only made the final four because of... It will just be that they made the final four (or beyond!)

sullyzag66
03-25-2017, 06:26 PM
"Hater" Seth Davis...

@SethDavisHoops: Could not be happier for Mark Few. One of the truly good people in this or any profession.

DixieZag
03-25-2017, 07:21 PM
I doubt one will find many haters among the basketball analysts. They know how complete this team is. But, the other thing they know is that Few is a very good man, who recruits very good kids - on and off the court - doesn't cheat, and that we have something really special up here. They know that and I believe that they are quite sincere - Dickie V said we're playing UNC in the final - said that in November.

Oh, and Dan Daskich (spell?) - Go find a big pile of sand and pound on it until a P5 team rises up and goes through our schedule at 36-1. He's the exception that proves the rule.

MJ777
03-25-2017, 09:29 PM
I doubt one will find many haters among the basketball analysts. They know how complete this team is. But, the other thing they know is that Few is a very good man, who recruits very good kids - on and off the court - doesn't cheat, and that we have something really special up here. They know that and I believe that they are quite sincere - Dickie V said we're playing UNC in the final - said that in November.

Oh, and Dan Daskich (spell?) - Go find a big pile of sand and pound on it until a P5 team rises up and goes through our schedule at 36-1. He's the exception that proves the rule.

I agree that most of the national analysts/media respect what Few and GU have accomplished in the past 20 years even before today's win. Why do the dorks on KJR in Seattle think that Few is ######y? Does he refuse to return their calls? It must be miserable to be a Husky diehard on the day that both Oregon and Gonzaga make the FF. Ha Ha to KJR's Softy.

ZagNative
03-25-2017, 09:48 PM
I check on the Instagram accounts of the Zags' players and former players and am always dismayed by the mean-spirited and nasty comments people post. Unfortunately, it's the world we live in, where anonymous gremlins act out their petty, desperate lives by attacking people they secretly admire.

I can't be bothered to read comments attacking the Zags.

LongIslandZagFan
03-25-2017, 09:51 PM
I got into it with a guy earlier this week... along with his friends. Then I figured out that they were Wazzu fans. Simply said... maybe one day Wazzzu would be relevant again. They shut up after that.