PDA

View Full Version : Best Zags Team Ever!

Ezag
03-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Best Zags Team Ever!

CdAZagFan
03-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Best Zags Team Ever!

Can't argue with that... Like Few, though, hard to choose a favorite.

Sarenyon
03-25-2017, 04:45 PM
YES!

TexasZagFan
03-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Best Zags Team Ever!

For now...IMO we're just getting started. I am so proud of this team, all they endured to reach this point. I need one of those "Cut the Net" shirts.

ZagLawGrad
03-25-2017, 05:17 PM
For now...IMO we're just getting started. I am so proud of this team, all they endured to reach this point. I need one of those "Cut the Net" shirts.

Exactly!! Wife put me on that assignment---track down that shirt.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Cut one more set of nets and hang the biggest banner of all.

Zagger
03-25-2017, 05:48 PM
On the buckets of those past! What a trip!

Kemo 1966
03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Nice going Gonzaga! 4 games down, just two to go. Thought you might like this article from 'cbs sports';

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/gonzagas-first-final-four-culminates-a-great-story-two-decades-in-the-making/ (http://www.cbssports.com)

VinnyZag
03-25-2017, 06:58 PM
For me, they were already the best Zags team before the tournament started. In other words, even if they had lost to W.VA., I'd still think they were Gonzagas best team ever.

stevet75
03-25-2017, 07:03 PM
I agree. Best Zag team ever!

DixieZag
03-25-2017, 07:12 PM
I think it's absolutely wonderful that Few paid special attention to give credit to all the players that came before. This program had no natural pedestal to build a juggernaut from. No 45,000 student body, no football bulging athletic budget, Dickau became an All-American in an arena that many high school teams might see as "small."

So many players formed the foundation on which everything was built, from Santangelo and Calvary taking a chance on coming to such a small school with coaches they believed in, Dickau following up by noticing that the Zags looked like "they had fun," a future NBA star who came for the mild Parisian weather, a local kid who became POY, kids from Europe who came to a foreign place b/c they believed in the coaches and the environment - many stayed on to live here as a family, some return regularly (Jeremy Pargo with million dollar contract entering the gym in summer yelling "I'm coming for you, Pangos"

Few sent a shout out to them b/c - they didn't get a chance to play for this team that seemed to have all the pieces, but they were all pieces that allowed the evolution to happen. And, as a Zag family, they should all take a small piece of ownership of it - I know Few feels that way.

MickMick
03-25-2017, 07:43 PM
For me, they were already the best Zags team before the tournament started. In other words, even if they had lost to W.VA., I'd still think they were Gonzagas best team ever.

Agreed.

Saved me some typing because I agree word for word.

Zag79
03-26-2017, 10:33 PM

This, this, and this. I said many times the outcome of the dance wouldn't change my opinion, which is that this team is the best we've ever had without a doubt. Easily the most legit chance Mark has had, and he made the best of it with potentially even more. There's never been a Zag team, with this much talent, length, depth, athleticism, chemistry, you name it.