PDA

View Full Version : Monkey on the Back?

TexasZagFan
03-25-2017, 07:12 AM
Hell no! We've got a chip on my shoulder, at least I do. I found the Xavier coach's remark unfunny and condescending. It was a joke that was extremely poorly delivered.

gonzagafan62
03-25-2017, 07:18 AM
They bought to have a monkey on their backs though.

This is our time. Our 40 minutes

Zag365
03-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Hell no! We've got a chip on my shoulder, at least I do. I found the Xavier coach's remark unfunny and condescending. It was a joke that was extremely poorly delivered.

Agree. It was said with a smile and the press laughed, but I took it as sly attempt to get into Coach Few's head and keep the press pushing the "monkey on the back" narrative. Annoying, but I doubt effective. Coach and all Zags have been dealing with the "but-you-don't-have-a-FF" for years. If anything it might make the chip a little bigger, which is a good thing because I think today's game is going to be physical, esp. on the boards. We need to come out aggressive from opening tip.

MickMick
03-25-2017, 07:27 AM
If he was trying to humor Few, I doubt that it had the intended effect.

DixieZag
03-25-2017, 07:32 AM

EXACTLY RIGHT.

Who the hell is this guy when he goes home?

Near as I can tell, he has exactly equaled the number of Final Fours that Few has, while also equaling E8 and almost as many S16s.

When he wins another 300 games, maybe then he will have earned some sort of right to kid Few about what he may or may not have done.

Luckily, and all too appropriately, one could tell even in the highlights that the joke fell completely flat with a media that realized it was A) stupid and B) not funny and C) bit of a cheap shot.

So, let's send this guy home with the same monkey he arrived with (and barely made the tourney to begin with). Except let's send his monkey home with a raging tick issue, and dry dander-filled skin - and grumpy that he still lives with that guy.

jazzdelmar
03-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Hes a jerk. Wasn't long ago he had that all hoodlum team. Maybe Few should have cracked about that. He's a POS

Bowser
03-25-2017, 08:01 AM
"I got to get into this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days." Carl Spackler

bartruff1
03-25-2017, 08:09 AM
Hes a jerk. Wasn't long ago he had that all hoodlum team. Maybe Few should have cracked about that. He's a POS

Exactly, that brawl was about as bad as it gets for college basketball, but their press conference made it twice as bad and the school did little or nothing to correct the situation...Zip them Up my ass....I really want this game for that reason alone

jazzdelmar
03-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Exactly, that brawl was about as bad as it gets for college basketball, but their press conference made it twice as bad and the school did little or nothing to correct the situation...Zip them Up my ass....I really want this game for that reason alone

That's what I'm talkin about, B

TexasZagFan
03-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Nice to know I'm not the Lone Ranger. Thanks!

rennis
03-25-2017, 09:45 AM
That's some pretty ballsy gamesmanship from coach Mack

jazzdelmar
03-25-2017, 09:52 AM
That's some pretty ballsy gamesmanship from coach Mack

The Hoodlum Coach, whatya expect?

Zag4Hire
03-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Had to get the full context.

“I got off the elevator today and was coming to the bus to come over to the arena,” he said, “and I saw this monkey running around and I picked him up. So if anybody sees coach Few later on, if they want to return that monkey, it’s in our locker room for him.

“That was some funny stuff he had the other day.”

We all attempt to take bad jokes in for the landing. The mistake is to give the other team any attempt at bulletin board material. I am sure Nigel & Co. are taking it personally and righteously taking inspiration to take it to the X-Men. It isn't in Few's DNA but if game gets out of hand, Few could unveil a few moves to turn the screws on Mack.

Few, "Funny thing was I saw a Bearcat in the parking lot, not a monkey. Also it wasn't looking for me, it was looking for Chris."

maynard g krebs
03-25-2017, 10:57 AM
I'd like the team to play with a chimp on their shoulders. Just train the chimp to put his arms straight up, and nobody could get a shot off over him.

I hate X for the thug team too, but a joke's just a joke. If that one gets in the Zags' heads, they aren't in a frame of mind to win anyway. I thought it was funny, and perceived it to mean that the media stuff about the "monkey" is kind of ridiculous, which it is. I didn't see it as gamesmanship, but I guess it's eye of the beholder.

sage
03-25-2017, 04:09 PM
Few can tell Mack, looks like you get to keep the monkey

Bocco
03-25-2017, 04:30 PM
monkey just died, and it feels so good

10 Piece Bucket
03-25-2017, 04:32 PM
WHAT MONKEY???!!!???

CdAZagFan
03-25-2017, 04:38 PM
The Elephant in the Room was that there really was Monkey on the Back... Kill the Damn Monkey!

Zagnailler
03-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Everybody has something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey......

TexasZagFan
03-25-2017, 05:37 PM
The demons have been exorcised.

scott257
03-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Watched the Xavier coach in the post game press conference and he was extremely gracious. Spoke well of Coach Few and the team. I didn't think much of his little cutting down the net trick or his monkey statement but he seemed pretty genuine in his praise for Mark and the team.