PDA

View Full Version : Karnowski breaks one GU record last night and will set another on Sat

IdahoTJR
03-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Coming into the season PK had played in 7 NCAA tourney games going 5-2 (he did not play in the loss to Wichita State) Last night his record went to 8-2 pulling head of Casey Calvery and Mark Spink for all time tourney wins at 7 and tying several for all time tourney games at 10. When he plays on Saturday he will become the all time GU leader in games played in the NCAA tourney with 11.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Coming into the season PK had played in 7 NCAA tourney games going 5-2 (he did not play in the loss to Wichita State) Last night his record went to 8-2 pulling head of Casey Calvery and Mark Spink for all time tourney wins at 7 and tying several for all time tourney games at 10. When he plays on Saturday he will become the all time GU leader in games played in the NCAA tourney with 11.

And he just simply keeps getting it done

Zags_Fanatic
03-24-2017, 09:10 AM
And a mind boggling 135 total wins. Even if you take out the 4 wins from last year before the injury he has averaged almost 33 wins/season.

WBM
03-24-2017, 09:47 AM
He's also been a part of two 35 win seasons. If we win tomorrow we will have our first 36 win season, if I'm not mistaken. Mt. K has definitely been a part of a great period in GU BB.

MontanaCoyote
03-24-2017, 11:07 AM
And he just simply keeps getting it done

Ain't that True.

northsidezagfan
03-24-2017, 11:11 AM
What is crazy to me is that Karno has been a part of over 1/4 of Coach Few's wins.

EEzag
03-24-2017, 11:13 AM
Ain't that True.
He is a nice, genuine, young man. I can't emphasize how he is with kids, and ultimately as an ambassador for Gonzaga.

I remember when many (myself included) were calling Karno a bust and that Edwards needs to see the court instead. Well, that's why the staff is sitting on the bench and we are sitting on our couch. Couldn't be happier to be wrong.

Lewey
03-24-2017, 11:51 AM
What is crazy to me is that Karno has been a part of over 1/4 of Coach Few's wins.

No way!! OK, I can do the math, WAY! Incredible!

Zag79
03-24-2017, 01:10 PM
But, but, but... But nothing, Karno is an all time Gonzaga great. A legend in a program full of studs. It's a team game, but the resume speak for itself.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 01:15 PM
But, but, but... But nothing, Karno is an all time Gonzaga great. A legend in a program full of studs. It's a team game, but the resume speak for itself.

He is my all time favorite zag.

Zag79
03-24-2017, 01:20 PM
He is my all time favorite zag.

It's so tough for me to pick a favorite team, player, win, etc... But this year, from day one, this team has been my all time favorite. Part of me feels dirty to say that ha ha, but I've been here from the beginning and it just has all intangibles I like in a team. As for Karno, he has made his way into my Top 3. Which again, is crazy to even state loud. But just who he is, how he plays, what he brings to the court, it's impossible to overlook the numbers. The big man wins big games, period.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 01:26 PM
It's so tough for me to pick a favorite team, player, win, etc... But this year, from day one, this team has been my all time favorite. Part of me feels dirty to say that ha ha, but I've been here from the beginning and it just has all intangibles I like in a team. As for Karno, he has made his way into my Top 3. Which again, is crazy to even state loud. But just who he is, how he plays, what he brings to the court, it's impossible to overlook the numbers. The big man wins big games, period.

Agree

Was in school watching j Stockton

Stories abound from my father who was in school with burgess

1998-199 team had couple of players I loved

Pargo I lived

Pendo I loved

Mechanical ( some will raise eyebrow on this) I loved ( huge heart)

Saboniis I loved

Big Shem does everything that goes unnoticed. All the little things that goes towards wins but doesn't show up in box score but also has box score and resume to back it up for me

But like Coach Few says...how can you live any family member more than another

Zags11
03-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Agree

Pargo I lived

Pendo I loved

Saboniis I loved

Big Shem does everything that goes unnoticed. All the little things that goes towards wins but doesn't show up in box score but also has box score and resume to back it up for me

This. Gonna be strange Whenever the season ends....(sometime in April...ahem) as every year the team grows on me.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 01:48 PM
This. Gonna be strange Whenever the season ends....(sometime in April...ahem) as every year the team grows on me.

Yes. Come September new team new kids stepping up. Right now I am loving it

MontanaCoyote
03-24-2017, 05:36 PM
U
Agree

Pargo I lived

Pendo I loved

Saboniis I loved

I've posted this many times before, but this tread seems fair game for it once again; " No other player in D-1 basketball is as valuable to his team in so many different ways than Karno."

I can only add here that when you noted that Shem "does everything that goes unnoticed" you really helped make my case. No stat covers it. Just his presence is worth points and wins. Those everything's that go unnoticed add 8 points a game to the Zag's total. Man, I'm going to miss him!

OZZY
03-24-2017, 09:28 PM
I've been saying it for years.......

"In Karno I trust".

Big man, Big heart and tomorrow, I think....

Big Game!

He won't want to leave anything in the tank.

TravelinZag
03-25-2017, 04:26 AM
The leader, communicator and coach on the floor. There are no stats for that, but the contribution to wins is incredible. And real. The man inside Shem has grown to fill the man outside. Impossible not to respect and love this guy.

Go Zags! Final Four . . . .and beyond!

Zag79
03-26-2017, 10:28 PM
The leader, communicator and coach on the floor. There are no stats for that, but the contribution to wins is incredible. And real. The man inside Shem has grown to fill the man outside. Impossible not to respect and love this guy.

Go Zags! Final Four . . . .and beyond!

For years I've been saying this, it's no coincidence he's the winning player in NCAA history... While bringing Gonzaga its first Final 4. Karno is a Top 5 legend, and this season put the bow on it.

willandi
03-27-2017, 06:38 AM
...and he helps Few down from tall ladders!
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/3/25/15063104/gonzaga-final-four-coach-mark-few-jumps-przemek-karnowski-cutting-down-nets

LongIslandZagFan
03-27-2017, 07:10 AM
Tough to unseat Ronny as my favorite Zag... But Shem is right there.

gonzagabasketball
03-27-2017, 07:38 AM
After the season concludes and the Mt Rushmore of GU players thread is revisited, there's likely to be a change, haha. Someone is getting bumped off, right?

Regardless, quite the career.

kdaleb
03-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Tough to unseat Ronny as my favorite Zag... But Shem is right there.

This. Coach Lloyd really has an eye not just for guys that can ball, but guys that can become the kind of men that parents are proud of.

MontanaCoyote
03-27-2017, 10:55 AM
ESPN article, 'The Moment each team made the Final Four.' Gonzaga's Moment? The day Przemek Karnowski got well.

"The Presence" Always there. The Center of It All.

I've only had two all time favorite BBall players; Elgin Baylor and Przemek! Wrote Shem a letter and let him know.

I know there have been some on this board that haven't been what I'd call Shem Believers, I think mostly because he's not
a new age ( or whatever ) NBA type athletic center/forward. Well, he couldn't help that now, could he? He is what he is and he's become damn good at what he is.

Sometimes I think that if Shem made a 3 point buzzer beater to win the national championship that he'd still get the berries; Like, "Well, if he hadn't screwed up on that inbounds play he wouldn't have needed to make the shot!"

You never miss what you have till it's gone!

PS Apologys for this rant. Probably over generalized, biased and a little angry. I Just love the guy!

Zagceo
03-27-2017, 05:31 PM
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag58/Corey_Olson/TOD_4418_zpscrtqhc0c.jpg

gonzagafan62
03-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Hit a three pointer on shot clock buzzer against SCU (I think it was SCU, right?)

Ekrub
03-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Hit a three pointer on shot clock buzzer against SCU (I think it was SCU, right?)

Thought it was @ portland.

Zagdawg
03-28-2017, 06:39 AM
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19007685

Zagger
03-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Making the Final Four ranks right up there for me in my favorite Zags events. It's shared with how I felt last year when Przemek said he was coming back for another year. Talk about making the best of a 2nd chance ..... Wow! And what a team effort! Here it is Tuesday and I'm still buzzing from Saturday ..... Go Zags!

Zagdawg
03-28-2017, 07:46 AM
College Sports Now‏ @CSNowTweets 17m17 minutes ago
"I used to say he's a Mountain masquerading as a man. Mountains masquerade as Karnowski."

MontanaCoyote
03-28-2017, 07:50 AM
College Sports Now‏ @CSNowTweets 17m17 minutes ago
"I used to say he's a Mountain masquerading as a man. Mountains masquerade as Karnowski."

Perfect! Go Karno!

MontanaCoyote
03-28-2017, 07:52 AM
This. Coach Lloyd really has an eye not just for guys that can ball, but guys that can become the kind of men that parents are proud of.

Also Perfect! Go Karno!

gonzagafan62
03-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Thought it was @ portland.

You might be right

titopoet
03-30-2017, 10:59 AM

That is great, but I realized that he does not have the all time record for tourney wins. He is tied 9-2 with his great teammate, Silas Melson. Saying this not to degrade Karno accomplishments but to highlight Silas's. I hope they both end this season at 11-2 and with Silas coming back, a record meant to be he his next year.