PDA

View Full Version : Noah Dickerson transferring from Washington

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 06:23 AM
Now, unlike the unwarranted Chase Jeter hype, this guy has actually put up stats on the actual college basketball court. Very intrigued by him and in 2 years the pf spot will be a major position of need. he would be my major priority over 2.2 ppg Chase Jeter.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 07:26 AM
He put up 12.5 ppg and 8 rpg this past season and his last 5 games were 14/9 vs Arizona, 16/13 vs Wazzu, 23/15 vs UCLA, 27/8 vs USC and 18/5 vs USC. To put that in perspective vis a vis Jeter, CJ's career high is 11 points. Dickerson could become a star at GU.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3907489/noah-dickerson

Tmac5360
03-24-2017, 07:35 AM
Spy, I am not sure what the Heck Jeter did to you but lighten up man. We get it you don't like him. He is still a 19 year old kid that is going through a very tough transition right now. If it is meant to be he will be here. But cut him some slack man he hasn't done anything to the Zags that I know of. Relax!

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 07:37 AM
Spy, I am not sure what the Heck Jeter did to you but lighten up man. We get it you don't like him. He is still a 19 year old kid that is going through a very tough transition right now. If it is meant to be he will be here. But cut him some slack man he hasn't done anything to the Zags that I know of. Relax!

I am relaxed. How is CJ going through a "tough transition", what happened? He's not good at basketball and I'm simply refuting posters adoration for him with actual stats and facts. It's not personal, you have to understand the difference. This is a Gonzaga fan board, we all want what's best for the team. I have said that with a lot of hard work in a red shirt season, he could possibly turn into a 7/7 off of the bench role player, and I'd be fine with that, but many here are acting like he's Anthony Davis v 2.0 and he's done absolutely nothing whatsoever to warrant the hype. Dickerson on the other hand is an athletic freak and is very skilled but he doesn't have the sexy name and hype the CJ had.

zagsfanforlife
03-24-2017, 07:37 AM
I am with you spy--- i trust the staff, but if it were up to me (which it isnt), I would take Noah all the way. Dude would beast here.

former1dog
03-24-2017, 07:43 AM
I am relaxed. How is CJ going through a "tough transition", what happened? He's not good at basketball and I'm simply refuting posters adoration for him with actual stats and facts. It's not personal, you have to understand the difference.

I'm sorry dude, but that's just a stupid thing to say.

He didn't have success at Duke, likely because he didn't fit into Coach K's scheme of things. That's unfortunate because it shows a miss on both the players part and the coachs part in evaluating a good fit. But to claim that because a player recruited to arguably the best college basketball program in the nation didn't produce that it makes him "not good at basketball" is an asinine statement.

krozman
03-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Mark Few doesn't have a chance with any of these kids. You see, most of the coaches in America are recruiting and Coach Few is still.........coaching for a couple more weeks. Total letdown Few! :jk:

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 07:46 AM
I'm sorry dude, but that's just a stupid thing to say.

He didn't have success at Duke, likely because he didn't fit into Coach K's scheme of things. That's unfortunate because it shows a miss on both the players part and the coachs part in evaluating a good fit. But to claim that because a player recruited to arguably the best college basketball program in the nation didn't produce that it makes him "not good at basketball" is an asinine statement.

You would be correct, if that's what I was doing. But I'm actually basing that assertion on actual stats and facts and this novel thing called "eyes". I'm in the heart of ACC/SEC country, I see every Duke game, Chase Jeter isn't good at basketball. All I ask is that people use critical thinking and not become enamored with hype. Dickerson is superior to him in every facet of the game.

EEzag
03-24-2017, 07:56 AM
You would be correct, if that's what I was doing. But I'm actually basing that assertion on actual stats and facts and this novel thing called "eyes". I'm in the heart of ACC/SEC country, I see every Duke game, Chase Jeter isn't good at basketball. All I ask is that people use critical thinking and not become enamored with hype. Dickerson is superior to him in every facet of the game.

My boss is from Wake Forrest area, and his sentiment is the same. Jeter is a project. He needs a reset. He has skills and talent, but I think he's over-hyped. He would do well over here, but temper your expectations. Jeter could do big things here )out of the spotlight and pressure of Duke, but pump the brakes on that UW kid, at least a little. Yeah he had better numbers, but on a team of zero discipline and poor team concept on Offense and Defense. I'm not saying he's (UW kid) not good, he is. Just pump the brakes a little.

former1dog
03-24-2017, 07:57 AM

Ok, I'll trust your evaluation over all the recruiters from all the best teams in the country that clearly say this young man is an excellent basketball player.

Frankly, I don't care if he comes to Gonzaga at all. For all I know he's not interested or hasn't even considered it. Furthermore, we have no idea if the coaches think he would be a good fit for us.

I do care that someone like you feel ok about writing ridiculous things like he isn't good at basketball. I've read some pretty dumb things, but I think that takes the cake as far as serious statements made on this board. He clearly is good at basketball, as are about 90% of all players on Division 1 rosters.

Maybe if your statement was, he isn't as good as we expected him to be at Duke, that would be a reasonable statement, but that's not what you wrote.

Based on what you wrote in this thread, I think I can logically and forcefully conclude that "TheSpyWhoZaggedMe isn't good at logical thought."

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 07:59 AM
My boss is from Wake Forrest area, and his sentiment is the same. Jeter is a project. He needs a reset. He has skills and talent, but I think he's over-hyped. He would do well over here, but temper your expectations. Jeter could do big things here )out of the spotlight and pressure of Duke, but pump the brakes on that UW kid, at least a little. Yeah he had better numbers, but on a team of zero discipline and poor team concept on Offense and Defense. I'm not saying he's (UW kid) not good, he is. Just pump the brakes a little.

ha, those are the reasons that I think Dickerson is so good. Imagine if he played for a team that ran an offense? He put up great numbers for a nonsense team, imagine what he would do on the Zags? Plus he's a freak athlete, great rebounder and has a good motor. Again, here's his stats for the last five game sof his season:

14/9 vs Arizona, 16/13 vs Wazzu, 23/15 vs UCLA, 27/8 vs USC and 18/5 vs USC

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Ok, I'll trust your evaluation over all the recruiters from all the best teams in the country that clearly say this young man is an excellent basketball player.

Frankly, I don't care if he comes to Gonzaga at all. For all I know he's not interested or hasn't even considered it. Furthermore, we have no idea if the coaches think he would be a good fit for us.

I do care that someone like you feel ok about writing ridiculous things like he isn't good at basketball. I've read some pretty dumb things, but I think that takes the cake as far as serious statements made on this board. He clearly is good at basketball, as are about 90% of all players on Division 1 rosters.

Maybe if your statement was, he isn't as good as we expected him to be at Duke, that would be a reasonable statement, but that's not what you wrote.

Based on what you wrote in this thread, I think I can logically and forcefully conclude that "TheSpyWhoZaggedMe isn't good at logical thought."

You can write whatever you want, if there's facts to validate what you write, all the better. Jeter was a product of hype playing for Bishop Gorman, and has thus far, not remotely come close to living up to the hype, it's not his fault, its the fault of people that call someone who puts up 2.2 ppg an "excellent basketball player", they're putting unnecessary pressure on the kid. if he turns into a 7/7 role player for us, great, but the unwarranted hype for him is silly.

former1dog
03-24-2017, 08:10 AM
You can write whatever you want, if there's facts to validate what you write, all the better. Jeter was a product of hype playing for Bishop Gorman, and has thus far, not remotely come close to living up to the hype, it's not his fault, its the fault of people that call someone who puts up 2.2 ppg an "excellent basketball player", they're putting unnecessary pressure on the kid. if he turns into a 7/7 role player for us, great, but the unwarranted hype for him is silly.

What's silly is that someone feigning knowledge of basketball would cite statistics of a player who didn't get to play very much to conclude that they are "bad at basketball".

Rui Hachimura has similar statistics. Killian Tillie's stats aren't much better. Ryan Edwards hardly gets to play. Each of these individuals are really, really good at basketball. Are they All Americans or superstars, of course not. They each have different reasons that they aren't putting up big numbers, but its not because they are "bad at basketball".

The same is the case with Mr. Jeter. He's clearly an outstanding basketball player. He has excellent footwork. Runs the court hard. Has a soft touch on his jump hook. Excellent size and an even better wingspan. Guess what, every big time basketball program in the country agrees with what I just wrote... But you, you anonymous internet guy, think you know so much better as to actual claim that he's not good at basketball. Its an absolutely ridiculous and idiotic statement.

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 08:13 AM
ha, those are the reasons that I think Dickerson is so good. Imagine if he played for a team that ran an offense? He put up great numbers for a nonsense team, imagine what he would do on the Zags? Plus he's a freak athlete, great rebounder and has a good motor. Again, here's his stats for the last five game sof his season:

14/9 vs Arizona, 16/13 vs Wazzu, 23/15 vs UCLA, 27/8 vs USC and 18/5 vs USC

If I may, would Dickerson be a fit for Gonzaga? Sure, he put up some great numbers for UW, albeit on a 9-22 team. The Zags success is built on teamwork, trust, and player development. The Zags are 35-1, in large part due to NWG, J3, and JM buying into the system here. Throw Zach in as well, because the original plan was to have him getting the lions share of minutes, due to the uncertainty of Shem's return.

Not casting any negativity to Noah, but that's what I got out of reading Glory Hounds. If the coaches don't think the player is a fit for the program, they'll look elsewhere.

He could be a square peg in a round hole. Perhaps that would be worked out during his transfer year.

Zagdawg
03-24-2017, 08:19 AM
I believe either could contribute --after their redshirt year (when Williams moves on)-- and it is nice to have the experience along with a year to learn the program.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 08:24 AM
What's silly is that someone feigning knowledge of basketball would cite statistics of a player who didn't get to play very much to conclude that they are "bad at basketball".

Rui Hachimura has similar statistics. Killian Tillie's stats aren't much better. Ryan Edwards hardly gets to play. Each of these individuals are really, really good at basketball. Are they All Americans or superstars, of course not. They each have different reasons that they aren't putting up big numbers, but its not because they are "bad at basketball".

The same is the case with Mr. Jeter. He's clearly an outstanding basketball player. He has excellent footwork. Runs the court hard. Has a soft touch on his jump hook. Excellent size and an even better wingspan. Guess what, every big time basketball program in the country agrees with what I just wrote... But you, you anonymous internet guy, think you know so much better as to actual claim that he's not good at basketball. Its an absolutely ridiculous and idiotic statement.
Thank you

Not too mention his battle with a herniated disc and ankle injury

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 08:25 AM
If I may, would Dickerson be a fit for Gonzaga? Sure, he put up some great numbers for UW, albeit on a 9-22 team. The Zags success is built on teamwork, trust, and player development. The Zags are 35-1, in large part due to NWG, J3, and JM buying into the system here. Throw Zach in as well, because the original plan was to have him getting the lions share of minutes, due to the uncertainty of Shem's return.

Not casting any negativity to Noah, but that's what I got out of reading Glory Hounds. If the coaches don't think the player is a fit for the program, they'll look elsewhere.

He could be a square peg in a round hole. Perhaps that would be worked out during his transfer year.

Keep in mind the same could be said of EMAC, Micah Downs and other transfers that had "troubled" pasts, but they turned it around and fit in wonderfully here. As always, in Few, I trust.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 08:30 AM

We clearly have different definitions of the word "outstanding". If you think 2.2 ppg defines an "outstanding' player, more power to you. May I suggest that you've just succumbed to the hype that he received in high school and the fact that he went to Duke? As I stated, with a lot of hard work he could turn into a 7/7 role player off of the bench and I would be fine with that. My point was that Dickerson is already a superior player with superior numbers, but he didn't have the hype coming out of high school that CJ did. But, no bother, keep insulting me, if it get's you through the day. I'm still on a major high from last nights game, I couldn't care less what you say about me personally. lol

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 08:34 AM
We clearly have different definitions of the word "outstanding". If you think 2.2 ppg defines an "outstanding' player, more power to you. May I suggest that you've just succumbed to the hype that he received in high school and the fact that he went to Duke? As I stated, with a lot of hard work he could turn into a 7/7 role player off of the bench and I would be fine with that. My point was that Dickerson is already a superior player with superior numbers, but he didn't have the hype coming out of high school that CJ did. But, no bother, keep insulting me, if it get's you through the day. I'm still on a major high from last nights game, I couldn't care less what you say about me personally. lol

IMHO, you are taking differing views personally. If there's room (and enthusiasm) for both, and they want to become Zags, everyone will be happy.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 08:35 AM
IMHO, you are taking differing views personally. If there's room (and enthusiasm) for both, and they want to become Zags, everyone will be happy.

Agreed. If Jeter does come here, I will cheer my head off for him, but if it was one or the other, ND is the superior player. In Few I trust.

former1dog
03-24-2017, 08:38 AM

Spy, I was barely aware of the dude before you brought him up. You seem impervious to critical thinking. You're aware of the term, lies, damn lies and statistics? Stop being so thick man. You can make the point that you like one player better than another with out making ridiculous statements that a top 20 high school player in the nation is "bad at basketball".

A broken clock is correct twice a day, so my assumption is that you could be correct about Dickerson. But you're writing S.T.U.P.I.D. #### to make your point.

You're not smarter or more knowledgeable about basketball than:

Coach K
Steve Alford
Bill Self
Dana Altman
Sean Miller

All of whom determined that yes, Mr. Jeter, was/is an outstanding basketball player. So much so that they offered him a scholarship. They don't give those out like participation trophies, son.

I get it, you think Dickerson is better. Stupidly disparaging Chase Jeter doesn't make your point.

Ezag
03-24-2017, 08:42 AM
I say NO to Jeter and THAT'S FINAL! Lock this thread!

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 08:42 AM
Concern with Dickerson, from my perspective is his desire to quickly change and look for greener pasture

Decommited from Florida
Decommitted from Georgetown
Decommitted from Washington

Raises a flag for me that would need a deep review

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Concern with Dickerson, from my perspective is his desire to quickly change and look for greener pasture

Decommited from Florida

Agreed. Well, except for the technicality that he didn't decommit from UDub, he actually played for that dumpster fire and like NWG, decided enough was enough. Hopefully, like NWG, and after full scrutiny by few and staff, he chooses GU.

seacatfan
03-24-2017, 09:04 AM

Decommited from Florida

McClellan played for 3 different schools during his college career. Seems like he worked out OK at Gonzaga.

I haven't seen a lot of Dickerson, but what I have seen has impressed me. Blue collar guy, undersized but works hard, grabs rebounds, doesn't need plays run for him but can still put up some points. UW has been a mess the last couple years, he seems like he played hard and went about his business, don't see him at all as a prima donna or attitude problem, nor a me first player. That's my impression anyway.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 09:06 AM
McClellan played for 3 different schools during his college career. Seems like he worked out OK at Gonzaga.

I haven't seen a lot of Dickerson, but what I have seen has impressed me. Blue collar guy, undersized but works hard, grabs rebounds, doesn't need plays run for him but can still put up some points. UW has been a mess the last couple years, he seems like he played hard and went about his business, don't see him at all as a prima donna or attitude problem, nor a me first player. That's my impression anyway.

Agree. Just saying deep review would be warranted to ensure proper fit

MDABE80
03-24-2017, 09:11 AM
WHatta waste of spece this thread.................Geeeeeeeeeeeez u guys. lolol

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 09:16 AM
WHatta waste of spece this thread.................Geeeeeeeeeeeez u guys. lolol

The kids are unruly today, aren't they? :lmao:

zagdontzig
03-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Now, unlike the unwarranted Chase Jeter hype, this guy has actually put up stats on the actual college basketball court.

This is crazy talk. Tell Kyle Wiltjer we didn't want him because of his numbers at Kentucky. Anyone who knows, knows Jeter > Dickerson, no comparison.

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 09:40 AM
This is crazy talk. Tell Kyle Wiltjer we didn't want him because of his numbers at Kentucky. Anyone who knows, knows Jeter > Dickerson, no comparison.

"Crazy talk" is the daily fare between game days. This is what Zags do. You'll get used to it.

GoZags
03-24-2017, 09:44 AM

This would be my line of thinking as well ....

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 09:52 AM

And what exactly has Jeter done on the court that you would base that opinion on? Again, he has averaged 2.2 ppg over his career thus far and has no discernible offensive moves to speak of. Dickerson's stat line for his last 5 games would be a career for Jeter. Once again, I truly think this has more to do with Bishop Gorman and Duke than his actual on the court performance.

titopoet
03-24-2017, 09:56 AM

I know what you mean. Why take a guy averaging less than 5 pts for game for Duke. Do really think you get a great player like Semi Ojeleye from SMU just sitting on Duke's bench? I mean a player like that just sitting on Duke's bench averaging only 3 pts... impossible.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 09:57 AM

Is he "undersized"? I thought that he was a legit 6'8, ideal pf size, no?

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 10:01 AM
I know what you mean. Why take a guy averaging less than 5 pts for game for Duke. Do really think you get a great player like Semi Ojeleye from SMU just sitting on Duke's bench? I mean a player like that just sitting on Duke's bench averaging only 3 pts... impossible.

I never said not to take him, but for every Semi Ojeyele, there's taylor King, who averaged 6 ppg his freshman year at Duke and then transferred and became a vagabond. he was more hyped than Jeter coming outta highschool and we were even rumored to be attached to him.

titopoet
03-24-2017, 10:06 AM
I never said not to take him, but for every Semi Ojeyele, there's taylor King, who averaged 6 ppg his freshman year at Duke and then transferred and became a vagabond. he was more hyped than Jeter coming outta highschool and we were even rumored to be attached to him.

Actually, I would say Ojeyele is more the rule. I still have nightmares over Michael Gbinije who only averaged 1.7 at Duke and became a 2nd round pick.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Actually, I would say Ojeyele is more the rule. I still have nightmares over Michael Gbinije who only averaged 1.7 at Duke and became a 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't. Do you know how many players have transferred outta Duke over the years and have had a less than stellar career? besides, I never said that I wouldn't cheer for Jeter if he came here. I just said that he won't be this 'star" that many posters seem to envision. 7/7 is his ceiling in my opinion. Someone mentioned Wiltjer, but the dude averaged 10 ppg at Kentucky and had a discernible offensive skill, Jeter does not. Noah Dickerson, put up very good numbers as a sophomore in the PAC 12 for a team that is a catastrophe and runs no semblance of an offense, imagine what he could do with the structure at GU.

titopoet
03-24-2017, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't. Do you know how many players have transferred outta Duke over the years and have had a less than stellar career? besides, I never said that I wouldn't cheer for Jeter if he came here. I just said that he won't be this 'star" that many posters seem to envision. 7/7 is his ceiling in my opinion. Someone mentioned Wiltjer, but the dude averaged 10 ppg at Kentucky and had a discernible offensive skill, Jeter does not. Noah Dickerson, put up very good numbers as a sophomore in the PAC 12 for a team that is a catastrophe and runs no semblance of an offense, imagine what he could do with the structure at GU.

I watch my share of Udub games... which I should get combat pay, but that is another story. Noah was horrible (as most of the other Huskies) on D. He scored 14 points, but probably allowed 20. Played with his hands and not his feet. He played on a team with zero commitment to team and yes he got numbers playing with a potential NBA allstar, but in the me and my numbers mentality he is coming from ... not surprising. Both are great players, but the ceiling on Chase is so much higher and a less of a learning curve because he certainly learn more under Coach K than did Noah with the Huskies.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 10:34 AM
I watch my share of Udub games... which I should get combat pay, but that is another story. Noah was horrible (as most of the other Huskies) on D. He scored 14 points, but probably allowed 20. Played with his hands and not his feet. He played on a team with zero commitment to team and yes he got numbers playing with a potential NBA allstar, but in the me and my numbers mentality he is coming from ... not surprising. Both are great players, but the ceiling on Chase is so much higher and a less of a learning curve because he certainly learn more under Coach K than did Noah with the Huskies.

Well, I'm the king of hyperbole as many on this board would attest to and even I wouldn't call either of them "great. I would say that ND is much more advanced than CJ at this point in their careers, and stats wise, that's obviously not up for debate. Your point that CJ has more "upside" is surely conjecture and will eventually be proven correct either way. I guess we will find out one way or the other. If Jeter comes here and gives us 7/7 off of the bench backing up Tillie, that would be great, imho.

Ezag
03-24-2017, 10:38 AM
Lomar didn't teach D or develop players so we have no idea what his ceiling is

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 10:42 AM
Lomar didn't teach D or develop players so we have no idea what his ceiling is

Exactly! To do what he did the last 5 games of the season playing for a glorified pickup team makes you wonder what he could do for us under Few.

maynard g krebs
03-24-2017, 10:45 AM
Noah was horrible (as most of the other Huskies) on D. He scored 14 points, but probably allowed 20. Played with his hands and not his feet. He played on a team with zero commitment to team and yes he got numbers playing with a potential NBA allstar, but in the me and my numbers mentality he is coming from

This. Playing for numbers is exactly how my brother described him. No coincidence. Didn't defend a lick; just chased the ball. Got rebound numbers as a result. Got O boards v the Zags, shot 2/12 mostly on putbacks, trying to shoot it over PK et al instead of kicking it out to a shooter.

That UW team was the laziest defensive team I've maybe ever seen; a potential NBA superstar and several 4 star guys and they couldn't guard a wheelchair team. Yeah Dickerson was a 50's ranked 4 star, and if the staff thinks they could get him to buy in to the team concept, fine. But he was the opposite of a team player for the guys who lost their last 13. Maybe he can change.

Jeter, on the other hand, oozes potential.

seacatfan
03-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Is he "undersized"? I thought that he was a legit 6'8, ideal pf size, no?

I might be wrong. I thought he was more 6-6 or 6-7. Just seems like the PF trapped in a SF body type of player to me. But he's effective.

huh, looked him up and saw him listed as 6-8 and either 235 or 245, plenty big enough

Mr Vulture
03-24-2017, 10:51 AM
I'm not going to get into the direct argument but I know that several people connected to the UW program were happy that Dickerson is leaving. Not sure if it's sour grapes or not, but it is something. As always, I'm sure the team and the staff will discern what the real deal is and I trust their decision making as always. They certainly know more than we do. Now, with that all said, I personally would rather have Chase Jeter as a transfer as I believe he has the higher ceiling.

seacatfan
03-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Some people were happy when NWG left UW, too. Gonzaga has a pretty good track record w/ UW refugees so far.

maynard g krebs
03-24-2017, 10:55 AM
I might be wrong. I thought he was more 6-6 or 6-7. Just seems like the PF trapped in a SF body type of player to me. But he's effective.

huh, looked him up and saw him listed as 6-8 and either 235 or 245, plenty big enough

Listed 6-8. In real life none of those guys is their listed height. Looks 6'8 to me in comparison to the listed heights of the guys standing next to him.

There's a kid who's a junior at Garfield, garbage time bench player for them, who comes to my gym in the off season. 6'4 or 6'5. Garfield roster lists him at 6'7. Noticeably taller than the 2 guards committed to UW.

Mr Vulture
03-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Some people were happy when NWG left UW, too. Gonzaga has a pretty good track record w/ UW refugees so far.

I don't recall anyone glad to see NWG leave UW but maybe I'm wrong in that regard. As I said, I trust the staff and team to make the correct call on all things recruiting.

seacatfan
03-24-2017, 11:00 AM
I don't recall anyone glad to see NWG leave UW but maybe I'm wrong in that regard. As I said, I trust the staff and team to make the correct call on all things recruiting.

It was probably just sour grapes, but some Husky fans had a "good riddance" attitude about his leaving. There were rumors that NWG and Andrew Andrews just didn't jive well together. Of course about 2/3 of their team left around the same time NWG did, so there was definitely something going on.

GoZags
03-24-2017, 11:01 AM

I should give you my "sign in" to the UDub dawgman board.

Mr Vulture
03-24-2017, 11:07 AM
I should give you my "sign in" to the UDub dawgman board.

Definately sour grapes on NWG and probably to some extent on Dickerson. The people I'm talking about aren't board posters in regards to Dickerson. I'm talking about supporters of the program that have stated things yesterday and actually during the year as well. Granted, it's all second hand information so not exactly reliable anymore than those that say my uncle's best friend kid said he was told XYZ....haha.

seacatfan
03-24-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm definitely not a UW insider, so I'm no expert on the subject of Dickerson or any of their other players.

GU has taken in a number of transfers over the years. Some of them seemed to have some red flags. The staff vets all potential transfers and as far as I know they've never brought a guy in that turned out to be a chemistry problem. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for a kid. We'll see.

Robzagnut
03-24-2017, 11:29 AM
I am relaxed. How is CJ going through a "tough transition", what happened?

I'd say having a Herniated Disk is a tough transition.

I've had one. It's just not what happens during and after, but you hurt a lot before it happens. It's painful, it's constant. You can't jump, bend and sometimes can't even run. No one understands the pain unless they've gone through it themselves. You lose all your explosiveness and sometimes it's career ending. Remember when Larry 'Grandmama' Johnson got a herniated disk? He was never the same.

If you put Jeter on the Olynyk path... Give him a full year to heal, get stronger, tone his body and change his muscle memory there is a great chance he will fulfill his potential.

sittingon50
03-24-2017, 11:34 AM
In both of these cases the Zags will get good intel.

In Dickerson's case they can rely on a matter of fact report from NWG.

In Jeter's case, I would ASSUME that Bishop Gormon Astt. Coach Mike Collins would give them the skinny, if asked.

seacatfan
03-24-2017, 11:43 AM
NWG left before Dickerson arrived. He may have good sources, but he didn't have direct interaction w/ Dickerson.

sittingon50
03-24-2017, 11:49 AM
NWG left before Dickerson arrived. He may have good sources, but he didn't have direct interaction w/ Dickerson.

Thanks cat. My bad.

Used to be decent at math!

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 11:54 AM
In both of these cases the Zags will get good intel.

In Dickerson's case they can rely on a matter of fact report from NWG.

In Jeter's case, I would ASSUME that Bishop Gormon Astt. Coach Mike Collins would give them the skinny, if asked.

Well, it's an interesting dichotomy between the two, ND has had the far superior on court stats thus far, but may have some "baggage" ala EMAC. Jeter, by all accounts is a model citizen, but has put up less than pedestrian numbers thus far. Either way, in Few I trust.

kitzbuel
03-24-2017, 12:02 PM

It is fair to say Dickerson plays better than Jeter I believe.

maynard g krebs
03-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Well, it's an interesting dichotomy between the two, ND has had the far superior on court stats thus far, but may have some "baggage" ala EMAC. Jeter, by all accounts is a model citizen, but has put up less than pedestrian numbers thus far. Either way, in Few I trust.

There are plenty of guys on losing teams that put up numbers. And there are guys like Mike Hart that contribute to wins.

MDABE80
03-24-2017, 12:10 PM

With the self motivated ones. Yes. We don't take the lazy/poorly motivated types.

MDABE80
03-24-2017, 12:12 PM
There are plenty of guys on losing teams that put up numbers. And there are guys like Mike Hart that contribute to wins.
This!