PDA

View Full Version : Best chance ever at a final four???

CDC84
03-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Possibly.

As great as Chris Mack and his team is playing, they are ultimately an 11 seed. Their journey is going to end at some point, but it may not end on Saturday if the Zags pay any attention to their seeding. From this point forward they are a 2 seed with a serious chance at the final four. That must be the Zag's approach.

But man, you don't get many chances like this. This is how coaches usually get their first final four break through. A big break. But it's only a break if you take advantage of it.

uZiGiZaG
03-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Amen brother.

MUST take advantage. That's it. Go out and beat a team you are wayyyy more talented than, and wayyy better than.

Period. That's it. #JustWin

#JustWinDamnIt

MJ777
03-23-2017, 09:05 PM
It's a crapshoot ;

FuManShoes
03-23-2017, 09:05 PM
My thoughts exactly. The seeds mean nothing at this point and if any program ought to know that, it's the Zags. They've been the discounted, overachieving low-seeded hunter for the better part of two decades and would do well to remember that and play like it again because you better believe Xavier smells blood and views this as their "best chance ever" as much as the Zags do. Play like the hunter. Take it from Xavier. Respect them but deny them. This is your time, Zags!

MontanaCoyote
03-23-2017, 09:06 PM
Possibly.

As great as Chris Mack and his team is playing, they are ultimately an 11 seed. Their journey is going to end at some point, but it may not end on Saturday if the Zags pay any attention to their seeding. From this point forward they are a 2 seed with a serious chance at the final four. That must be the Zag's approach.

But man, you don't get many chances like this. This is how coaches usually get their first final four break through. A big break. But it's only a break if you take advantage of it.

Right! Zag's can't let down. Xavier hasn't gotten this far with mirrors. Need to play tough. NW, X both Cinderella's.
One down, one to go!

rennis
03-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Just win baby!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zagmantis2001
03-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Right! Zag's can't let down. Xavier hasn't gotten this far with mirrors. Need to play tough. NW, X both Cinderella's.
One down, one to go!

Seemed like Arizona went away from their bigs and started relying on Trier to bail them out. Big size advantage for them and didn't seem to exploit it the last part of the game. When Xavier was down by 7, i thought they would unravel. Boy, well coached team-calm, cool and collected.

MontanaCoyote
03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Bluiette (sp) scored 25 I think. 6'5. Who will guard? Looks likes keeping his numbers down is the key.

uZiGiZaG
We need NWG to redeem himself big time after this performance and more importantly Zach Collins needs to show up Saturday as well

#JustWin

ZagMan in Philly
Coach Few said he has no monkey on his back...haha.lets do this Zags!.

krozman
I'm watching the Xavier postgame right now, and the Question was asked about the matchup with Gonzaga. The coach has no idea who we are, what we play with, or anything. He was all in prepping for AZ and it's going to be a lonnnnnng 48 hours for both coaching staffs I think, including ours.

RenoZag
03-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Since 1999, Xavier has reached 7 Sweet 16's and three Elite 8's; Gonzaga has reached 8 Sweet 16's and 3 Elite 8's in the same stretch. Two great programs, both looking for their first Final Four.

Excited about the match-up.

demian
03-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Malcolm Bernard is also gonna be a handful for us

CDC84
03-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Another thing. Gonzaga hasn't played a "good" game this whole tournament. Two points related to that. First off, don't let anyone tell you that being a one seed doesn't matter. It matters. Secondly, thank goodness for Gonzaga's defensive prowess.

What the Zags are doing right now is making great "plays." But if they don't want to get sent home early, they need to play a good game on both ends at some point.

Xavier and Gonzaga have won more games in the NCAA tourney than any two programs not to make the final four. Something has to give. And the team who wins it will not have to put up with nasty teams like UCLA, UNC, and KU in the national semis.

CDC84
03-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Coach Few said he has no monkey on his back...haha.lets do this Zags!.

Buzz Peterson of Va Tech just ripped that reporter on TBS. Said that this nonsense regarding Few has to stop. He has nada to prove.

demian
03-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Another thing. Gonzaga hasn't played a "good" game this whole tournament. Two points related to that. First off, don't let anyone tell you that being a one seed doesn't matter. It matters. Secondly, thank goodness for Gonzaga's defensive prowess.

What the Zags are doing right now is making great "plays." But if they don't want to get sent home early, they need to play a good game on both ends at some point.

Xavier and Gonzaga have won more games than any two programs not to make the final four. Something has to give. And the team who wins it will not have to put up with nasty teams like UCLA, UNC, and KU in the national semis.

Great post. I agree on all statements

bartruff1
03-23-2017, 09:28 PM
It's a crapshoot ;

Absolutely, if the officials didn't miss Collins thru the rim....... and then called a tech on the coach .....if Jordan misses.... you have to have some luck....at this point X is as good as anyone ....they have been coming like a freight train... I was hoping to avoid them.

Zags_Fanatic
03-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Forget the Final Four, here is a list of the teams remaining on the left side of the bracket, one of which will play for the national title:

Gonzaga
Xavier
Wisconsin
Florida
Baylor
South Carolina

Guess which team out of that group will be the hands down favorite?

Ezag
03-23-2017, 09:30 PM
We're bound to have a great game at some point. Let it be this next game

raise the zag
03-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Can't trust this NCAA's seeding. At all.

Bilas said its the worst he's ever seen in terms of seeding, although nice job in selecting.

Some teams were mis-seeded by 4 or more seeds. Unheard of.

Xavier was ranked Top-20 all season long, until their starting PG was hurt. They lost 6 games in February then out came a new team.

They have won 6 of their last 7. With wins over Arizona, Florida St, Maryland, and Butler (still playing). They had a 2pt loss vs Creighton and that's it.

As Coach Few said, "this time a year, you can throw the seeds out the window".

Couldn't agree more.

They looked BETTER than Arizona. Executed better. More aggressive. Tougher. Great zone. If not for Trier hitting 3's and playing with passion, Xavier blows them out.

They beat Top-10 Florida St by 30.

Xavier playing like a 2 or 3 seed, if not better, last month of the season. They are playing their best ball at the right time. We are winning games, but not playing our best at all. Goes to show how good we actually were…and are.

Collins scored 1 pt, NWG played pretty poorly overall, and we still win.

Will need a better offensive effort to win game. Xavier is also a very good 3pt shooting team last month or so. Shooting 50% from 3pt.

katman50
03-23-2017, 09:33 PM
Just think how great it would feel if the Zags care of business and make it to the FF4. Like Williams-Goss said in that story, that all of those great (and not so great) teams and players, over the years, paved the way for this current team. Just think of all the great players that have come out of Gonzaga. Too many to name. Stockton, Morrisson, Stepp, Dikau, Kelly, etc. And our expectations from them. And the heartbreaks: UCLA, Arizona, Wichita State, Syracuse, , etc. What an opportuniy! Go Zags!

MickMick
03-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Possibly.

Not just Final Four.

The title game has never aligned so well for GU and probably never will. The other side of the bracket is all bluebloods.

ScrapironJim
03-23-2017, 09:38 PM
However . . . any one of those teams can beat us on any given day.

This is not our best chance . . . it is merely our next chance.

jpn17
03-23-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm going to have to say yes. In the previous 2 EE's Gonzaga played 1 seed blue bloods that ended up winning the whole thing in UConn and Duke. This year they play an 11 seed. Not to discount Xavier, you don't make it to the elite eight on luck, you get this far you are good period. But best chance? I don't see any argument against it.

Alum08
03-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Xavier is an extremely fluid team. I'm more excited to play them than Arizona because of the novelty of rarer matchups, but not because they will be an easier team to beat.

MJ777
03-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Can't trust this NCAA's seeding. At all.

Bilas said its the worst he's ever seen in terms of seeding, although nice job in selecting.

Some teams were mis-seeded by 4 or more seeds. Unheard of.

Xavier was ranked Top-20 all season long, until their starting PG was hurt. They lost 6 games in February then out came a new team.

They have won 6 of their last 7. With wins over Arizona, Florida St, Maryland, and Butler (still playing). They had a 2pt loss vs Creighton and that's it.

As Coach Few said, "this time a year, you can throw the seeds out the window".

Couldn't agree more.

They looked BETTER than Arizona. Executed better. More aggressive. Tougher. Great zone. If not for Trier hitting 3's and playing with passion, Xavier blows them out.

They beat Top-10 Florida St by 30.

Xavier playing like a 2 or 3 seed, if not better, last month of the season. They are playing their best ball at the right time. We are winning games, but not playing our best at all. Goes to show how good we actually were…and are.

Collins scored 1 pt, NWG played pretty poorly overall, and we still win.

Will need a better offensive effort to win game. Xavier is also a very good 3pt shooting team last month or so. Shooting 50% from 3pt.

Now you have me scared. X is playing great at the right time of the year. Good for them, Hopefully not bad for the Zags.

RenoZag
03-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Buzz Peterson of Va Tech just ripped that reporter on TBS. Said that this nonsense regarding Few has to stop. He has nada to prove.

That "reporter" was from the Wtv. Glad Few shot her down. It was a lame question.

ScrapironJim
03-23-2017, 09:55 PM
I'll wager that Arizona thought they had one of their best shots at an elite eight.

krozman
03-23-2017, 09:57 PM
I'll wager that Arizona thought they had one of their best shots at an elite eight.

The difference is that I'm 100% sure Xavier spent all week preparing for Arizona and nobody but Arizona. 48 hours of prep for this historic moment is going to wreck the coaching staff of each team.

raise the zag
03-23-2017, 10:03 PM
The difference is that I'm 100% sure Xavier spent all week preparing for Arizona and nobody but Arizona. 48 hours of prep for this historic moment is going to wreck the coaching staff of each team.

I also have a feeling we did the same with West Virginia. We already know Arizona. Helps to play a team in regular season.

We don't know Xavier.

They kinda play like St Mary's and Iowa St combined.

They spread you out, hit jumpers, and use their stars to slash and dash. They have a couple bigs, but mostly huge guards (both guards are 6'6"), and forwards are 6'8". They run a nice half-court offense, very disciplined and patient. Execute back door cuts like crazy.

I counted 5 back door cuts for baskets vs Florida St, and 3 vs Arizona. Impressive. I haven't seen the Zags execute a back door cut in weeks.

Point is, they play good basketball. Well Coached and smart team. Never panic.

They were down 6-8 pts numerous times vs Arizona. Stayed patient every time.

Terrific quality. They have a wing who is off the charts good. He can score and slash and is tearing up everyone he faces (so far).

My hunch is we are going to be tired/fatigued, but will need a great defensive effort to slow down their sets.

They zoned Arizona 90% of the game. I would suspect we see the same on Saturday.

Alum08
03-23-2017, 10:06 PM
huge guards

Our kryptonite for 20 years.

krozman
03-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Our kryptonite for 20 years.

I don't recall that Davidson guard being so big.......

MDABE80
03-23-2017, 10:14 PM
That "reporter" was from the Wtv. Glad Few shot her down. It was a lame question.

Just repeating what she's incessantly heard from the other outlets. I'm thinking Few set her straight. All others who continue this claptrap should now know it's a just an irritant to repeat this garbage . Those do include ESPN, CBS, etc who've harped on this forever.
Of course our "weak" conference is another thing they continue to assert. Next will be "how do you like the easy path to the FF the NCAA provided you"?
Some of these people just don't think.

tinfoilzag
03-23-2017, 10:15 PM
AZ shot 27% from 3 on 27 attempts. Xavier chose that poison and it was a good call. I hope they do the same with us because they were mostly open looks.

At this point, if we don't shoot like we did most of the season, I don't think our defense can save us again.

Zagricultural
03-23-2017, 10:27 PM
I actually much preferred AZ.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Just have a gut feeling the guys win. X is going to be really tough. You know what? So are these Zags. Playing SD St game one may have been a real blessing. I expect X to play zone in a similar manner. I think our guys will have an improved shooting night. 16 turnovers and a bunch of O rebounds given up. Cut each in half and this team is looking at 75-80 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goshzagit
03-23-2017, 10:34 PM
AZ shot 27% from 3 on 27 attempts. Xavier chose that poison and it was a good call. I hope they do the same with us because they were mostly open looks.

At this point, if we don't shoot like we did most of the season, I don't think our defense can save us again.

Must bust out of this odd shooting slump.

Xaviers offense is incredibly impressive. Patient, disciplined, & executes at a high level. Not to mention, they hit shot after shot all Tourney long.

Perkins was outstanding. Out played NWG by s milr tonight, but he put up another 0. Not even a shot attempt save missed layup.

Mathews hit some clutch 3's but still 3 of 8. Which he has been every game. Jordan just not the type of shooter to go 6 for 7 in a game as previous Zags shooters could do...thus, we need others to step up and hit shots.

Nigel, Perkins, & Silas (shooting in March is not his forte).

Xavier has shown they hit 3pt shots. Opening up the floor for them.

They have had several games recently where they have made double digit 3's. Several players going 5 of 6 or 4 of 5, etc from distance.

Anyone notice their starting guards are both 6'6" as well?

I suspect Xavier to zone us, our shooting isn't keeping D's honest.

We know Xavier is playing its best ball, & while our defense has traveled, our shooting has not.

They Muskateers are playing confident, inspired, fluid, & staying focused.

Dangerous team with some sizzle.

Will need all hands on deck. Its the best offensive team we have played all season, not named Zona or SMC.

Goshzagit
03-23-2017, 10:39 PM
I actually much preferred AZ.

Sounds crazy but been saying it all along.

We know Zona struggles from 3pt. We know their offense, defense, & players. We also know we can beat them.

Not to mention, how easy Sean Miller's post defense is to crack. The guy never doubles. Even Xavier was eating up Ristic in the paint.

Karno & Collins would have a field day...again.

Xavier is better. They are certainly more confident. Harder to guard off 3pt line. And no way Zona would pack the paint or zone like Xavier will do vs us.

Xavier is more rested after a finesse game, & zoning for 40 mins too.

I like our chances better vs Arizona than X.

MJ777
03-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Forget the Final Four, here is a list of the teams remaining on the left side of the bracket, one of which will play for the national title:

Gonzaga
Xavier
Wisconsin
Florida
Baylor
South Carolina

Is Bilas calling for the tournament to be reseeded at the Final Four?

Zags11
03-23-2017, 10:43 PM
Possibly.

This is our year. I feel it. The block by our pg or SG on a forward leading to a GW 3 solidified it.

BayAreaZagFan
03-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Since 1999, Xavier has reached 7 Sweet 16's and three Elite 8's; Gonzaga has reached 8 Sweet 16's and 3 Elite 8's in the same stretch. Two great programs, both looking for their first Final Four.

Excited about the match-up.

Someone may have called this out earlier, but Gonzaga has more tournament wins without reaching a Final Four (27) than any team in the history of the NCAA. So does Xavier. Two programs looking to finally break through. Either one could do it. I'll take the Zags.

CDC84
03-23-2017, 11:05 PM
And again, the winner doesn't have to deal with UNC, UK, UCLA, KU, etc. in the national semis. The east region blew up.

The other thing that Gonzaga will be forced to face is the genius of Chris Mack, who should be the leading candidate for the Indiana job but who apparently isn't because some big name boosters just can't put the Knight era behind them....they gotta try to hire Alford.

Zag79
03-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Best team, best bracket, best chance ever. Feed the bigs, play inside out, attack, stop the three, and Gonzaga will do the unthinkable. If this team had Duke on its chest, it'd be the clear cut favorite. Go out there and take what's yours!

LongIslandZagFan
03-24-2017, 06:36 AM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-march-madness-predictions/

I looked at this last night before the Xavier win and it showed Kansas 29% to Zags 25% chance of winning it all. With Xavier winning... dead even at 27%. Also shows Zags with 78% chance of winning tomorrow.

DixieZag
03-24-2017, 06:43 AM
We're bound to have a great game at some point. Let it be this next game

That's what I keep thinking. "We're in the regional final and haven't played well yet."

We've played spectacular defense. But, man, last night ....did Collins even see the ball? We are due for an offensive explosion, all parts firing off cylinders, inside outside, etc.

bartruff1
03-24-2017, 06:47 AM

Gonzaga
Xavier
Wisconsin
Florida
Baylor
South Carolina

Anyone of them could...the common attribute is that they all are tough...

GrizZAG
03-24-2017, 06:51 AM
Vegas has us winning by 8. They had us 3 over WV. for a spot on prediction. Overall they get it pretty darn close on so many games. I would take a win by 8 for sure.

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 07:16 AM
That's what I keep thinking. "We're in the regional final and haven't played well yet."

We've played spectacular defense. But, man, last night ....did Collins even see the ball? We are due for an offensive explosion, all parts firing off cylinders, inside outside, etc.

One would think that. Then again, when you get to the Dance, you aren't going to see teams that you can just impose your will on, like we do with most teams in our conference.

BoZarth
03-24-2017, 08:08 AM
I came away from watching Xavier-Arizona thinking we'd have a better chance against Arizona.

Their players and their coaching staff will be difficult to overcome. I'm very impressed by them. How, they're a #11 I don't know and am not going to figure out why. Doesn't matter at this point. They're good, they belong, they'll be very hard to beat.

Go Zags!!!!

ridgebackzag
03-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Xavier isn't going to have any less hustle than WVU, that's for sure.

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the media catches this little tidbit and runs:

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/54f5afd4-7235-44ed-a5c5-76980ede5c16.png

Although Gonzaga and Xavier have had plenty of postseason success, both programs are now just one win away from reaching their first Final Fours. The Zags and Musketeers hold the record for most NCAA tournament wins, 27, without reaching the Final Four.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0636954150063578764-4

CDC84
03-24-2017, 08:26 AM
TBS showed it in their post game show last night.

There will be lots of talk about monkeys on backs and all the rest.......

GoZag
03-24-2017, 08:40 AM

That would be a false assumption. Yes the coach did not have a game plan for Gonzaga but I am sure one of his assistance has come up with one. Just like Few was not bothered with the game plan of Arizona or Xavier but one of Gonzaga's assistance has come up with a game plan for Xavier. Xavier has been to too many Sweet 16 games not to be prepared for the second game of the weekend.

Goshzagit
03-24-2017, 08:43 AM
I came away from watching Xavier-Arizona thinking we'd have a better chance against Arizona.

Their players and their coaching staff will be difficult to overcome. I'm very impressed by them. How, they're a #11 I don't know and am not going to figure out why. Doesn't matter at this point. They're good, they belong, they'll be very hard to beat.

Go Zags!!!!

Couldn't agree more.

Everyone at the 'water cooler' thinks I'm crazy for saying I'd rather face Zona than Xavier.

Xavier has played better than Arizona all Tournament, not to mention their swarming zone is our weakness.

We know Zona's style, players, strengths, weaknesses. We watch a ton of their games, and already faced them once.

Xavier will be tough to guard, as they are hot, confident, and playing with purpose.

The Freshman guards and bigs for Arizona had a tough time at the end.

Zagceo
03-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Zag coaches game planned well past midnight last night.....

former1dog
03-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Everyone at the 'water cooler' thinks I'm crazy for saying I'd rather face Zona than Xavier.

Xavier has played better than Arizona all Tournament, not to mention their swarming zone is our weakness.

We know Zona's style, players, strengths, weaknesses. We watch a ton of their games, and already faced them once.

Xavier will be tough to guard, as they are hot, confident, and playing with purpose.

I think these are excellent points. I think Xavier is playing great.

The reason why I wanted and still want Gonzaga to play versus Xavier rather than Arizona is the familiarity factor Arizona coaches and players have with Gonzaga from playing earlier in the year and of course the ongoing series between the two teams. It made it much easier for Arizona to prepare for us.

One other point, lets not overstate the Xavier's win over Arizona. It was a close game and it could have gone either way.

Xavier was not a vastly superior team to Arizona last night. In fact, I would say IMHO (of course) that Xavier played great and Arizona didn't, producing a 2 point victory for X.

former1dog
03-24-2017, 08:57 AM

Who's your mole?

Hoopaholic
03-24-2017, 09:03 AM

I would be disappointed if this is accurate

The game plan should have been created during down week, any unique introductions by Xavier in game against Arizona captured and added

Now they might have spent time discussing game plan and roll out but planning I hope not

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Who's your mole?

https://i.imgflip.com/mqp32.jpg

ConnZag3
03-24-2017, 09:14 AM
This matchup is so reminiscent of the 1999 Elite 8 matchup with a top seed in UConn and a double digit seed in Gonzaga out West both looking for their first Final Four knowing they're only 1 win away. I realize X has a lot more tournament pedigree now than Gonzaga did back in 1999 so they're not a "Cinderella" so to speak, but there are still undeniable parallels.

The double digit seed didn't win then, let's hope it's the same way on Saturday...

former1dog
03-24-2017, 09:17 AM

The game plan should have been created during down week, any unique introductions by Xavier in game against Arizona captured and added

Now they might have spent time discussing game plan and roll out but planning I hope not

Seems consistent with Few's public statements that they take it one game at a time and focus on the task at hand rather than looking ahead.

TexasZagFan
03-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Seems consistent with Few's public statements that they take it one game at a time and focus on the task at hand rather than looking ahead.

I would not be surprised if Ken Bone has been viewing tape of potential opponents since the brackets were announced.

Zagger
03-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Best chance ever at a final four??? Yep!

Zagceo
03-24-2017, 09:35 AM
Who's your mole?

me

zagcheer78
03-24-2017, 09:36 AM
I believe we turned a corner last night mentally and emotionally. I believe we will play a better game tomorrow than we have seen in the tourney so far and WIN!

Zagceo
03-24-2017, 09:39 AM

OK technically I couldn't hear the conversations........but most of the coaches and Ronny could be seen from street level with open curtains sitting with computers well past midnight. Could be playing video games I guess.

krozman
03-24-2017, 09:55 AM
The longer night for coaches should be the first one because they really only get to practice once, Friday, before game day and they need to communicate the overall plan during that practice. If I were prepping that'd be how I would do it anyway.

?wereyouwhenGUmadetheFF
03-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Zag fan since '06. First-time poster. I'M SO HAPPY STILL.

I think this is easily our best chance to make the FF. The one overall team thing that used to hurt us, a few years back in previous tourneys, was that our perimeter defense would allow other teams to get record-setting hot from three. We don't have that issue with this team. And there aren't any real holes. The only one I see is that we aren't quite as athletic across the board as a "power" program like UCLA, KU, UK, etc.. But this is it. This is our time.

gobroncsgozags
03-24-2017, 10:13 AM
I was more worried about WVU than I am XU. Game plans have a way of going to ### with that kind of pressure.

I am also heartened by the previous comments about this team being great at quickly picking up game plans. This Zags team seems very smart, led by Goss. At the very least, XU won't be any better in that regard.

At the end of the day, these are good, experienced coaches. They have seen everything before and there is decades of information and knowledge about how to combat XYZ defense/offense. It's not as though they will have to spend hours upon hours trying to figure out how Xavier has played and won. They'll come up with a good scheme. It will be up to the players to understand (and we know they can) and execute (and we know they can).

I am excited and pretty confident. I believe the Zags team is better than XU and has, if not better, an equal ability to plan and execute. Not to say that they can't just simply play better than we do, though.

Zaga
03-24-2017, 10:17 AM
I believe we turned a corner last night mentally and emotionally. I believe we will play a better game tomorrow than we have seen in the tourney so far and WIN!

I sure hope so....We can't let our guard down! No pun intended..

#runthetable

Birddog
03-24-2017, 10:23 AM
They will be watching a ton of videos that have been edited for this purpose. Looking for tendencies both weak and strong. Zags will be ready. This staff is excellent at scouting and game prep if KenPom had analytics for game prep. GU would be top 10.

sittingon50
03-24-2017, 11:08 AM
FWIW per KenPom:

Adjusted Offense:

GU 15
Ariz. 16
WVU 25

Adjusted Defense:

GU 1
WVU 5
Ariz. 28

X apparently had some big injuries that led to a 6 game losing streak, so I would assume they're #'s are better now. How much?

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2017, 11:16 AM

I think this is easily our best chance to make the FF. The one overall team thing that used to hurt us, a few years back in previous tourneys, was that our perimeter defense would allow other teams to get record-setting hot from three. We don't have that issue with this team. And there aren't any real holes. The only one I see is that we aren't quite as athletic across the board as a "power" program like UCLA, KU, UK, etc.. But this is it. This is our time.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya!

Zagceo
03-24-2017, 11:33 AM

great name

maynard g krebs
03-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Agree. Would have preferred Arizona.

gonstu
03-24-2017, 11:41 AM
OK technically I couldn't hear the conversations........but most of the coaches and Ronny could be seen from street level with open curtains sitting with computers well past midnight.

Seriously?

Could be playing video games I guess.

LOL

kitzbuel
03-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Zags opened as 8 point favs in Vegas.