• Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Apparently Zach Norvell already has a nickname

"Snacks"

According to JWIII.

Gonzaga’s competitiveness on the court doesn’t just extend to the opposing team. The Zags welcome some friendly competition amongst each other, too.
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Already??

He's been on the team all year.

I was an athlete at Gonzaga. I got a nickname at my second practice as a freshman.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Can't wait to see him and Kispert on the court next season. People think we had "shooters" this season? Those two are elite snipers.

Comment

• PFzag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Feb 2007

Add Jesse Wade to the mix and the influx of shooting should be significant. For as good as our guards can be, I wouldn't call any of them "knock-down" shooters. Matthews and Perkins have both had good stretches this season, but long cold streaks as well.

The three newbies next year can all really fill it up from 3.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by PFzag View Post
          Add Jesse Wade to the mix and the influx of shooting should be significant. For as good as our guards can be, I wouldn't call any of them "knock-down" shooters. Matthews and Perkins have both had good stretches this season, but long cold streaks as well.

The three newbies next year can all really fill it up from 3.
          Yes, you're right, Wade too. next years guards should be superior shooters to this years crop.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
            Already??

I was an athlete at Gonzaga. I got a nickname at my second practice as a freshman.
            My "handle" (call sign) my senior year in ROTC was Pinball Wizard. Early in the year, we were over at the Bulldog and I amazed my compadres with my "crazy flipper-fingers". During field exercises, it was abbreviated to "Wiz".

I played a lot of pinball during high school. I earned my spending money as a scorekeeper at a bowling alley. There was a semipro traveling league in the Bay Area that had monthly tournaments. I was making $40-$50 a weekend, in 1970 dollars...not bad. Paid for my pinball and bowling habits. My favorite machine was Buckaroo. When you scored enough points for a free game, a very satisfying "thwack" sound was heard in the area.

Comment

• whatazag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
              Already??

Don't worry, he's had that nickname since before the season. It was mentioned back during the Kraziness in the Kennel.

Comment

• BBzag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2014

Sounds like he had it pre-GU: "A nickname reflecting his affinity for sweets as a youngster": http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...me-game-with-/
                Last edited by BBzag; 03-24-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X