PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Game Attendance?

75Zag
03-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Ticket prices for the Thursday Sweet 16 session in San Jose are dropping like a rock. Stubhub prices (they have a way to deliver tickets at a nearby hotel) have dropped by 30%.
If you are nearby or can afford a couple days of sick leave and 3 or 4 tanks of gas for the long drive to San Jose and back to the Pacific NW, this is your moment. I wonder what the attendance will look like? Obviously few or no W. VA fans and a limited number of Xavier fans from Cincinnati, but you would think that GU and AZ fans plus local generic NoCal Men's BB fans could soak up the remaining available tickets.
I could care less about the finances of the NCAA or CBS, but it will be unfortunate if the SAP is only 60% full on Thursday afternoon.

See you in San Jose - Go Bulldogs!

Zagceo
03-21-2017, 09:26 PM
I have noticed.

vividseats.com is another seller

Single-session ticket prices (two games on Thursday or one game on Saturday) will be sold for $125 apiece. An all-session ticket to attend all three games this week will sell for $250. Tickets will go on sale at 12 p.m. at NCAA.com/MBBTickets.Those prices are slightly better than the get-in ticket prices that are available on TicketIQ. On Tuesday, an all-sessions ticket price started at $285. A Session 1 ticket that would admit a fan into both games on Thursday – Gonzaga against West Virginia and Arizona against Xavier – started at $126.
This week, all-session tickets for the West Regional were selling on average for $395, according to TickitIQ, the cheapest of the four regional locations. At the Madison Square Garden in New York, all-session tickets to the East Regional were priced at an average of $865, which also topped the Midwest ($760) in Kansas, Missouri, and the South ($519) in Memphis, Tennessee.

TexasZagFan
03-22-2017, 05:11 AM
I have noticed.

vividseats.com is another seller

Two years ago, I was able to buy tickets for the Duke game at about $10 each under face value. Either way, it was going to be a bad matchup for ticket brokers. Houston's 2000+ miles from Spokane, and 1600 miles from SoCal. Compared to other road trips, this one was a hop, skip, and a jump. The distance from Dallas to Houston is similar to the drive from Spokane to Seattle. I-45 is a much nicer interstate than I-35, at least once you're out of the metro areas.

Zagger
03-22-2017, 08:59 AM
From a Bulldog Club email .....

NCAA Men's Tournament
Sweet 16 Pregame Social & Rally!

Join us before the Men's game on Thursday for a pregame social rally, just a quick walk from the SAP Center!

Pickup some gear from the ZagShop, sing along with the Bulldog Band, and warm up with the Gonzaga Cheer team before heading to the game!

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pregame Rally: 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. (PDT)
Hotel De Anza
233 W Santa Clara St
San Jose, CA 95113

madness
03-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Open Practice is FREE! I just called and they said Zags session is from 2-3 and Arizona is 3-4. I think I will head over and check it out. (Perk of working on the next block)

MontanaCoyote
03-22-2017, 09:37 AM
Open Practice is FREE! I just called and they said Zags session is from 2-3 and Arizona is 3-4. I think I will head over and check it out. (Perk of working on the next block)

Please let us know what you see, hear, think!
Thanks in anticipation.

adoptedzag
03-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Please let us know what you see, hear, think!
Thanks in anticipation.

Yes, please take special note of their free throws!

madness
03-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Watched the whole practice but had to jet before Arizona came on. Check my Twitter feed for lots of videos (including another angle of the funny Zach Collins fake dunk): twitter.com/smmclean

Breakdown:

1. Cheerleaders & Mascot warmed up the crowd (lots of kids there for field trips)
2. Team came out for 50 minutes on the clock
3. Split into two halves, Bigs and Guards (Then they switched sides halfway through)
4. I made some observations on Twitter, but it was really loose. Guards mainly shot 3s. Bigs did some footwork drills.
5. Shem and JWIII took lots of Free Throws
6. Shem and Collins threw down some hard dunks on both sides to loosen up the rims :adored:
7. Perk played Edwards and Shem in 3 pointer one on one...not sure if that's a thing they do
8. Jordan Matthews was on fire...watched him alot
9. Rem and the bench squad didn't even shoot, but they participated in the funny dunk contest at the end. (Triano was trying to dunk from Free Throw line, Perk made a 360 dunk off the bounce, Rui hit some big ones and made it look so easy)
10. Coach Few, NWG, and Shem all did media with the CBS guys, saw Chris Webber joking it up with Shem a bunch. I think Steve Smith was added to the crew as well.
11. Lots of Zags fans in the house, but it looked like equal amount of Arizona. I only saw one WVU fan, no joke.

Pretty cool experience! Overall Zags look loose, relaxed and ready to go. Nobody looked like they were battling anything (except Larsen who sat and watched mainly)

Calfan24
03-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Ticket prices for the Thursday Sweet 16 session in San Jose are dropping like a rock. Stubhub prices (they have a way to deliver tickets at a nearby hotel) have dropped by 30%.
If you are nearby or can afford a couple days of sick leave and 3 or 4 tanks of gas for the long drive to San Jose and back to the Pacific NW, this is your moment. I wonder what the attendance will look like? Obviously few or no W. VA fans and a limited number of Xavier fans from Cincinnati, but you would think that GU and AZ fans plus local generic NoCal Men's BB fans could soak up the remaining available tickets.
I could care less about the finances of the NCAA or CBS, but it will be unfortunate if the SAP is only 60% full on Thursday afternoon.

My buddy and I will be there! Right behind the GU bench, look for me in my Cal hat :)

Zagceo
03-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Watched the whole practice but had to jet before Arizona came on. Check my Twitter feed for lots of videos (including another angle of the funny Zach Collins fake dunk): twitter.com/smmclean

Breakdown:

1. Cheerleaders & Mascot warmed up the crowd (lots of kids there for field trips)
3. Split into two halves, Bigs and Guards (Then they switched sides halfway through)
4. I made some observations on Twitter, but it was really loose. Guards mainly shot 3s. Bigs did some footwork drills.
6. Shem and Collins threw down some hard dunks on both sides to loosen up the rims :adored:
7. Perk played Edwards and Shem in 3 pointer one on one...not sure if that's a thing they do
9. Rem and the bench squad didn't even shoot, but they participated in the funny dunk contest at the end. (Triano was trying to dunk from Free Throw line, Perk made a 360 dunk off the bounce, Rui hit some big ones and made it look so easy)
10. Coach Few, NWG, and Shem all did media with the CBS guys, saw Chris Webber joking it up with Shem a bunch. I think Steve Smith was added to the crew as well.
11. Lots of Zags fans in the house, but it looked like equal amount of Arizona. I only saw one WVU fan, no joke.

Pretty cool experience! Overall Zags look loose, relaxed and ready to go. Nobody looked like they were battling anything (except Larsen who sat and watched mainly)

thanks for the update.....can't wait to see the energy in the building......tomorrow

Zagger
03-23-2017, 03:45 AM

Breakdown:

Sweet! Sounds like they were having fun .... GOOD! .... loose & fun = can't beat that!
Thanks bunches for sharing. Now I've got to figure out how to use my Twitter account :)
Got on Twitter - nice stuff!

gu03alum
03-23-2017, 05:44 AM

My wife said no. :(

I'm not going to ask her about Phoenix though.

Reborn
03-23-2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the report, Madness. Nice post to read upon waking on Game Day. Lots of glorious joy in your post. Keep it rollin.

Go Zags!!!

TexasZagFan
03-23-2017, 06:22 AM
My wife said no. :(

I'm not going to ask her about Phoenix though.

Good move.

There are 3 basic rules in the TZF HH:

1. Mom is always right.
2. Don't mess with Dad during a Zag game.
3. When #2 is in effect, it overrides #1.

BayAreaZagFan
03-23-2017, 11:37 AM
You're just going to buy the tickets then? Good move!