PDA

View Full Version : Triple Zag - A New Term!

75Zag
03-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Yesterday I took my younger daughter who is a baby lawyer - aka Little '75 Minus One - to a local Bar Association event and the speaker was the President of the Washington State Bar Association. The speaker introduced herself as a "Triple Zag". I assume she meant she was a G' Prep alum and a GU alum and a GU law school alum. Wow!
The Lovely Mrs.'75 and I both graduated from GU in '75 and our older daughter Little '75 graduated from GU in '04 before heading off to medical school whereas Little '75 Minus One graduated from WSU (cough, cough, cough, may God preserve her soul) before she became a lawyer.
How many of you out there are "Triple Zags"? I am beginning to think that my GU connections are worthless in connection with your greatness.

See you in San Jose - Go Bulldogs!

LongIslandZagFan
03-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Nope... single Zag... with a dash of LIU Post Pioneer.

jazzdelmar
03-21-2017, 02:10 PM
I'm a zero Zag and, while my bonafides were recently questioned, I think it means something that I'm here because I want to be.

RenoZag
03-21-2017, 02:11 PM
I thought Triple Zag was a homebrew IPA that Phish was doing in his basement. . .or was that LIZF ?

Angelo Roncalli
03-21-2017, 02:11 PM
I believe there is an even more select group of "Quadruple Zags," those that attended St. Aloysius grade school, G-Prep, GU and GU Law (or other GU grad program). Seems like there's a possibility for a Quintuple Zag if someone obtained a masters before their law degree or doctorate. I can think of at least 2 Quadruple Zags.

When John Stockton was playing, Hugh Hobus said to him, "If you're a Bulldog now, and were a Bullpup at G-Prep, were you a Bullfetus at St. Al's?"

Angelo Roncalli
03-21-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm a zero Zag and, while my bonafides were recently questioned, I think it means something that I'm here because I want to be.

You'd have to ask Voltaire about that.

jazzdelmar
03-21-2017, 02:14 PM
You'd have to ask Voltaire about that.

Descartes. Are you SURE you're a Zag grad? :)

gonzagafan62
03-21-2017, 02:15 PM

Yup

Ezag
03-21-2017, 02:24 PM
GPrep really has nothing to do with Gonzaga though everyone thinks they do

Zag_Dad
03-21-2017, 02:33 PM
GPrep really has nothing to do with Gonzaga though everyone thinks they do

I count myself as a member of the "triple Zag" club - Prep class of 86', BA from GU in 90' then JD from GU Law in 95'. There were at least two of my high school classmates who followed the be same path so I don't think it's that uncommon.
I now have two kids who hold degrees from GU so that should count for something too. ��

229SintoZag
03-21-2017, 02:40 PM

Why are you here Jazz? You went to Manhattan right? You live in San Diego. You appear to never enjoy being a Zag fan, other than when Dickau ran the point.

What brought you here and why have you stayed all these years of angst (i.e., Few32, etc.).

I don't doubt that you do want to be here. Why do you want to be here? Inquiring minds want to know....

75Zag
03-21-2017, 02:44 PM
I believe there is an even more select group of "Quadruple Zags," those that attended St. Aloysius grade school, G-Prep, GU and GU Law (or other GU grad program). Seems like there's a possibility for a Quintuple Zag if someone obtained a masters before their law degree or doctorate. I can think of at least 2 Quadruple Zags.

When John Stockton was playing, Hugh Hobus said to him, "If you're a Bulldog now, and were a Bullpup at G-Prep, were you a Bullfetus at St. Al's?"

Angelo - Great to see you post. I was thinking you were either dead or prohibited from posting due to your other responsibilities. Hope all is well.

Greg aka '75

Ezag
03-21-2017, 02:46 PM
In that case, I am a different type of Zag. I didn't go to GPrep or Gonzaga. I went to Univ of Maryland & Eastern. My kids went to G-Prep and GU. I worked at GU starting in 1998 just before Zag history started and worked there until 2015. Went to most every home game from 1998-2015.

75Zag
03-21-2017, 02:54 PM

A lot of people - frequently including me - confuse the concept of a fan site like this which is intended to celebrate and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of GU BB with the idea of some sort of alumni association meeting on the front steps of Bing Crosby House in Spokane. I celebrate Jazz and anybody else who follows GU BB with a passion regardless of formal connections with GU. I have met only about 15 of you face-to-face (largely due to my GU @ UP ticket reselling service and my trips to the Lahaina Safeway for Poke during the Maui Invitational) but as long as you are civil and want to talk GU ball, I could care less whether you went to Kansas or Duke or anywhere else.

Angelo Roncalli
03-21-2017, 03:00 PM
Voltaire. Optimism is a mania among those who believe everything is OK when it's actually going to hell.

229SintoZag
03-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Voltaire. Optimism is a mania among those who believe everything is OK when it's actually going to hell.

Call me crazy but I have never thought Jazz was some sort of Pangloss when it comes to the Zags...quite the opposite. If optimism when everything is going to hell is a mania, so is pessimism when things are going quite well, if not perfect.

Jazz has exhibited much more of the latter than the former in his tenure here on the boards.....as I am sure he would agree. (We love you Jazz, even if we do never seem to get off your lawn).

sheps001
03-21-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm a big single Zag fan, Law '75 . My oldest son who is a grad of U of I(llinois) is a bigger Zag fan than I!! He goes to all the games in the Bay Area and will be at the Sweet Sixteen when we FINALLY advance to the Final Four. So I guess I'm a Zag Plus fan. Love it. Go Zags beat WVU.

jazzdelmar
03-21-2017, 03:11 PM

Cogito ergo Zag .......

Birddog
03-21-2017, 03:37 PM
I'm twice a Stag and twice a Zag. Matriculated from Kindergarten at Logan GS, then on to St Als for 8 yrs (St. Aloysius Grade School =Stag) 2years at G Prep then 2 more at Deer Park (Stag again) then 4 plus one year post grad (just a couple of classes) at GU and also GIF. Came close to enrolling in GU Law but decided against Law.

zagmantis2001
03-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Yesterday I took my younger daughter who is a baby lawyer - aka Little '75 Minus One - to a local Bar Association event and the speaker was the President of the Washington State Bar Association. The speaker introduced herself as a "Triple Zag". I assume she meant she was a G' Prep alum and a GU alum and a GU law school alum. Wow!
The Lovely Mrs.'75 and I both graduated from GU in '75 and our older daughter Little '75 graduated from GU in '04 before heading off to medical school whereas Little '75 Minus One graduated from WSU (cough, cough, cough, may God preserve her soul) before she became a lawyer.
How many of you out there are "Triple Zags"? I am beginning to think that my GU connections are worthless in connection with your greatness.

Yep. Triple Zag here a term I have used over the years.

G-Prep, GU Undergrad, GU law school. I was on the Florence program Junior year. I know if a couple other triples. Rare breed.

zagmantis2001
03-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Also went to catholic grade school here in Spokane but not St. Al's.

cjm720
03-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Double Zag here-BA and MBA-not sure if that counts in the way you presented but there's a chance I could be a triple zag at some point if I am really bored or really motivates :)

If GIF counts, maybe I'm already a triple zag?!?!

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-21-2017, 05:21 PM
Why are you here Jazz? You went to Manhattan right? You live in San Diego. You appear to never enjoy being a Zag fan, other than when Dickau ran the point.

What brought you here and why have you stayed all these years of angst (i.e., Few32, etc.).

I don't doubt that you do want to be here. Why do you want to be here? Inquiring minds want to know....

Boo hiss on this

No explanations needed Jazz. GUNation has many rooms and all are welcome in this place. I enjoy your perspective and all the banter in here. The posting police not so much.

229SintoZag
03-21-2017, 05:45 PM
Boo hiss on this

No explanations needed Jazz. GUNation has many rooms and all are welcome in this place. I enjoy your perspective and all the banter in here. The posting police not so much.

Jazz knows I love him. He deserves a bit of ribbing from time to time due to his tendency to be a message board curmudgeon, that's all.

jazzdelmar
03-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Jazz knows I love him. He deserves a bit of ribbing from time to time due to his tendency to be a message board curmudgeon, that's all.

It's all good Sint.

cjm720
03-21-2017, 06:28 PM
I'm curious about Jazz too...he probably has an autobiography out there

75Zag
03-21-2017, 06:56 PM
All this TripleZag stuff is fine and dandy, but it seems like I should get some form of extra credit because The Lovely Mrs. '75 is one of 6 children and 5 of them are GU alumni. Combine that with my immediate family and we are at 7 of 9 which is not a bad winning percentage. And besides that, when I was looking to choose a law school, GU's Law School was wheezing and sweating under rigorous ABA scrutiny so I bailed and went to U of W as my backup school.
Oh Well, a OneZag is good enough for me.

229SintoZag
03-21-2017, 07:24 PM
All this TripleZag stuff is fine and dandy, but it seems like I should get some form of extra credit because The Lovely Mrs. '75 is one of 6 children and 5 of them are GU alumni. Combine that with my immediate family and we are at 7 of 9 which is not a bad winning percentage. And besides that, when I was looking to choose a law school, GU's Law School was wheezing and sweating under rigorous ABA scrutiny so I bailed and went to U of W as my backup school.
Oh Well, a OneZag is good enough for me.

75 we are the same. I too was GU for undergrad; UW for Law School. Though about 20 years behind: GU 1995; UW Law 1999.

LongIslandZagFan
03-21-2017, 08:47 PM
I count myself as a member of the "triple Zag" club - Prep class of 86', BA from GU in 90' then JD from GU Law in 95'. There were at least two of my high school classmates who followed the be same path so I don't think it's that uncommon.
I now have two kids who hold degrees from GU so that should count for something too. ��

We attended at the same time... no Prep for me. Went to U-high 85, GU 90 but was supposed to be 89... liked it too much and mom worked there so no rush to leave. You may know some folks that I know that went to Prep though.

kitzbuel
03-21-2017, 08:58 PM

FWIW, Jazz, I would never question your bonafides because of your Zag allegiance.

TheZagPhish
03-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Cogito ergo Zag .......

Man, this thread is going places!

https://cl.ly/jeCu/cogito-ergo-zag.jpg

sittingon50
03-21-2017, 10:08 PM
I would be happy to graduate from anywhere. Then I could stop lying to my 3 kids.

Zagger
03-22-2017, 02:21 AM
We're a "Triple" Zag .... All three members of the family: me, wife, daughter - have GU degrees. Me a Masters, wife a BS and Masters, daughter a BS (she went on to Michigan State for her law degree and is a lawyer here in town). We're sure glad she stuck around!

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-22-2017, 02:38 AM

Who knew...a Jazz - Sinto bromance, or boardmance! Now I'm feeling warm and fuzzy and thinking this bodes well for our Zags on Thursday. #WeHere #ZagUp

Zagger
03-22-2017, 03:14 AM
Here's another TripleZag :)

http://www.sbaran.net/zags/Mathews3Medium.png