PDA

View Full Version : Help ZagNative survive until Thursday

ZagNative
03-20-2017, 06:04 AM
Suddenly, this morning, I awoke to find myself confronted by a day without the promise of a basketball game. I am bereft! How do I hang in until Thursday, friends?

What do you plan to do to pass the time half-way productively?

Some quick ideas for me:

It's spring! Wash the windows and let the sun flow in!

Vacuum the living room

Clean the bathroom

Remove the layer of dust that accumulated over everything this winter

Scrub the kitchen floor.

Get serious about my mouse extermination plan

Wash the walls in the kitchen.

I have this image of dear old Zagnative settling into the sofa on Thursday game time surrounded by a sparkling house. This could be the best thing that's happened here in ZN's little bungalow since Kraziness in the Kennel.

How about you? Any plans to do something meaningful and brilliant to fill your time between now and Thursday?

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Suddenly, this morning, I awoke to find myself confronted by a day without the promise of a basketball game. I am bereft! How do I hang in until Thursday, friends?

Some quick ideas for me:

Vacuum the living room

Clean the bathroom

Scrub the kitchen floor.

I have this image of dear old Zagnative settling into the sofa on Thursday game time surrounded by a sparkling house. This could be the best thing that's happened here in ZN's little bungalow since Kraziness in the Kennel.

How about you? Any plans to do something meaningful and brilliant to fill your time between now and Thursday?

There's no need to do anything rash. You can just park yourself back on that couch and enjoy NIT games and NCAA Women's games until Wednesday.

DixieZag
03-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Have you been putting off a major dental procedure?

Are you over 50 and not had a colon screening exam?

Considered creating a family trust?

Writing a novel?

Great time to get going on any of those, hell, write a novel about a guy who goes in for major dental work but gets shuffled off to the wrong area and doctor and ends up getting a colonoscopy (he'll need crowns) and then put the profits in a family trust.

I'm here for you.

RenoZag
03-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Visit this web site: What If Sports

https://www.whatifsports.com/ncaab/default.asp#top

and run endless simulations of the GU vs. West Virginia game. . .

You can even fool around with the depth chart, how many minutes a player will receive, position they will play, etc.

SWZag
03-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Logistics: Video installation tracking the global flow of products (https://logisticsartproject.com/)
Wikipedia: Logistics (film) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistics_(film))

Logistics or Logistics Art Project is a 2012 experimental art film conceived and created by Erika Magnusson and Daniel Andersson. At 51,420 minutes (857 hours or 35 days and 17 hours), it is the longest movie ever made.

You won't be able to get into it too far, but just don't miss the GU game!

Good luck!

Virginia Zags Fan
03-20-2017, 11:59 AM
You could be like Kraemer in Seinfeld. Just show up at a job, start working, and hang out with the guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zag4Hire
03-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Vacuum the living room

Don't worry about that. Roomba Shark has got that.

http://i.imgur.com/oldWv3j.gif

Insulate myself with positive people. The two WVU alum at work are smarting for a win and try passive aggressive taunts. It usually is met with, "Remember the sweaters you two guys had to wear last three tilts? You guys must have had some emotional eating to recover from the loss so don't know if they still fit." Seriously, they want this so bad.

Reborn
03-20-2017, 05:15 PM
You could participate more here like you used to. I still get excited when I see you post here. And I know that many others do too. You are one of those rare beloved posters on this forum and you are missed. God I used to love the pictures you used to post here. I would wait for them every week. And you've always had a special love for our Zags and had a beautiful way of expressing it. So if you're feeling bored just come here and share some of your thoughts. It helps me.

Other things I do....walk and exercise 3 times a day. I'm still having to exercise 3 times daily to help rebab my broken shoulder. It helps me burn up some spare time. And I know it's good for me. I used to play tennis a lot but right now I can't do that; so I just do the exercises and walks. I am writing a book and it does help. But what helps the most is spending time here, and doing research on the teams we play.

Good luck!!!

kitzbuel
03-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Vasectomy? Oh. Wait, that's on my list.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reborn
03-20-2017, 05:29 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

ZagNative
03-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Reborn, you're priceless! Thanks for your thoughtful post!

Reborn
03-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Reborn, you're priceless! Thanks for your thoughtful post!

:D:o:):cheers:

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-20-2017, 06:06 PM

No joke...I scheduled mine so that I could take the first week of March Madness off from work. That was several years ago.

My boss only let me use that excuse for one tournament.

bartruff1
03-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Don't worry about that. Roomba Shark has got that.

http://i.imgur.com/oldWv3j.gif

Insulate myself with positive people. The two WVU alum at work are smarting for a win and try passive aggressive taunts. It usually is met with, "Remember the sweaters you two guys had to wear last three tilts? You guys must have had some emotional eating to recover from the loss so don't know if they still fit." Seriously, they want this so bad.

We know that the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia because if it had been invented anywhere else, it would be called a teethbrush....

MontanaCoyote
03-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Have you been putting off a major dental procedure?

Are you over 50 and not had a colon screening exam?

Considered creating a family trust?

Writing a novel?

Great time to get going on any of those, hell, write a novel about a guy who goes in for major dental work but gets shuffled off to the wrong area and doctor and ends up getting a colonoscopy (he'll need crowns) and then put the profits in a family trust.

I'm here for you.

Man, if you can write that one, New York Times best seller here we come!

MontanaCoyote
03-20-2017, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=kitzbuel;1304462]Vasectomy? Oh. Wait, that's on my list.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Unless they've improved the procedure over the last 40 years, don't do it!

willandi
03-20-2017, 07:20 PM

Some quick ideas for me:

Vacuum the living room

Clean the bathroom

Scrub the kitchen floor.

Great ideas! I'll talk to my wife! LOL

HRZag
03-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Depends on what state you are located in, but Oregon, Washington and Colorado offer some unique recreational opportunities. (it is NOT fly fishing)

Rangerzag
03-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Depends on what state you are located in, but Oregon, Washington and Colorado offer some unique recreational opportunities. (it is NOT fly fishing)

I am going to Hood Canal tomorrow to fly fish for sea-run cutthroat trout.

sittingon50
03-20-2017, 10:17 PM
No joke...I scheduled mine so that I could take the first week of March Madness off from work. That was several years ago.

My boss only let me use that excuse for one tournament.

Tell your boss that after careful consideration, you're having the procedure reversed.

ProVeeZag
03-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Tell your boss that after careful consideration, you're having the procedure reversed.

Have you considered changing jobs?

tummydoc
03-20-2017, 10:59 PM
10 years ago I had my vasectomy 10am Friday. My urologist said:"you should take it easy this weekend, lay on the couch with an icepack between your legs". At 3 I got a call from my buddy saying he had tickets to the Zags game at 8 if I was available. Of course I went.......little did I know ....my urologist had seats one row in front of us!!!!

Go Zags

ProVeeZag
03-20-2017, 11:17 PM
10 years ago I had my vasectomy 10am Friday. My urologist said:"you should take it easy this weekend, lay on the couch with an icepack between your legs". At 3 I got a call from my buddy saying he had tickets to the Zags game at 8 if I was available. Of course I went.......little did I know ....my urologist had seats one row in front of us!!!!

Go Zags

It's all about priorities!

bballbeachbum
03-21-2017, 08:10 AM
watched the Big XII Championship game, going to try and watch a couple of other WV games too
http://www.big12sports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&DB_OEM_ID=10410

sittingon50
03-21-2017, 09:55 AM

Go Zags

:lmao:

Reborn
03-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Good morning, ZagNative. How's your day going? Monday went fast for me. I have physical therapy today, in fact I leave in just a few minutes. It will help my day go fast. I'll put in a couple of walks too. Maybe work on my book. I'm editing it now. I thought that writing to you might make you come here to review the posts. I hope you're day is going great, and continues to all day long. What are you doing today?????