PDA

View Full Version : Reseeding the Sweet 16 after the first weekend where 68 teams went to 16

MDABE80
03-20-2017, 01:42 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-tournament-2017-re-seeding-the-16-teams-in-the-march-madness-sweet-16-field/

JAGzag
03-20-2017, 02:37 AM
I bleed Zag red and blue, but this guy is high. Did he watch Kansas last night? That team is on fire and exceptionally talented. If the Zags play to mid-Feb form, they have a shot. They need another camping trip from Few to get their mojo back. We believe in you guys!!!

Tmac5360
03-20-2017, 06:46 AM
It is really hard to believe how much angst there is on this board for a team that has lost once all year. I think that some need to step back and think about what these kids have done. South Dakota St. Was no push over and while GU didn't look like the 27 Yankees they won by 20. Saturday was tough, NU played the best half they have played all season and the Zags never trailed. What the hell is the expectation? There aren't many teams that weather that storm. Our boys did. I get that they aren't winning big energy for some but they read this stuff and some of you will never be satisfied. It's the sweet 16 and you are acting like they lost to San Diego in the WCC. It's a bummer because these boys are working their tails off and we have become so spoiled we don't celebrate it. We complain it wasn't pretty enough. I guess I'm delusional and I know I need to avoid this place till the season is over. Which according to a large percentage will be Thursday. I just hate when people scream about the boys needing confidence and then out the other side of their mouth say they have no chance. I'm done ranting.

TexasZagFan
03-20-2017, 07:00 AM
It is really hard to believe how much angst there is on this board for a team that has lost once all year. I think that some need to step back and think about what these kids have done. South Dakota St. Was no push over and while GU didn't look like the 27 Yankees they won by 20. Saturday was tough, NU played the best half they have played all season and the Zags never trailed. What the hell is the expectation? There aren't many teams that weather that storm. Our boys did. I get that they aren't winning big energy for some but they read this stuff and some of you will never be satisfied. It's the sweet 16 and you are acting like they lost to San Diego in the WCC. It's a bummer because these boys are working their tails off and we have become so spoiled we don't celebrate it. We complain it wasn't pretty enough. I guess I'm delusional and I know I need to avoid this place till the season is over. Which according to a large percentage will be Thursday. I just hate when people scream about the boys needing confidence and then out the other side of their mouth say they have no chance. I'm done ranting.

+1

Zigzag92
03-20-2017, 07:04 AM
my rankings based on the first 2 rounds would be

1. Kansas

2. UCLA

3. Gonzaga

4. Arizona

5. UNC

6. Kentucky

7. Wisconsin

8. West Virginia

9. Purdue

10. Oregon

11. Michigan

12. Baylor

13. Xavier

14. Florida

15. Butler

16. South Carolina

bartruff1
03-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Any of those teams can win the whole thing....it all depends are who is hot and who is not.....yes it is all about defense, but some one is going to makes some shots.......

CdAZagFan
03-20-2017, 07:27 AM
If we can get the outside shooting back, and Shem, Zach and JWIII rolling inside, we've got as good a chance as any on that list to reach the final four and beyond. I hope our boys go in loose and confident...

MontanaCoyote
03-20-2017, 09:05 AM
+1

Montana +1

bartruff1
03-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Frank Martin looks like he has been President for the last eight years.... tough job...seems like he has mellowed some...

MDABE80
03-20-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm wondering why Zags are number 1.

JPtheBeasta
03-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Watching how happy some of these players from various team were after their wins made me realize (again) that I need to stop and smell the roses. There is so much pressure to win these games because of who GU has been and all of the haters out there that it is more of a relief to win, when it should be joyful. I hope the players are having a better time than this fan is.

JAGzag
03-20-2017, 11:54 AM

Easy there, trigger. I don't think suggesting the Zags aren't playing as well as say, Kansas, suggests we're not supporting the team. There is a difference between blind loyalty and healthy discussions, which by the was is the intent of a discussion board.

CDC84
03-20-2017, 12:12 PM
I don't know if Kansas can beat UNC in Glendale. Too much size. KU has almost zero post depth, and they have a tall wing, Justin Jackson, to guard Josh Jackson. KU had by far and away the best home court environment in the tournament. That will continue in Kansas City.

Agree with the author. UNC is the most complete in the tourney, but it will not be easy getting out of Memphis.

CDC84
03-20-2017, 12:15 PM
You also need to understand that these rankings are based on a team's draw as well. One of the reasons why Gonzaga and Arizona are so high is that if either one of those teams gets to the final four, they get to face the east region winner.

FuManShoes
03-20-2017, 12:26 PM
USAToday puts the Zags at #7 in the remaining field

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/20/ncaa-tournament-march-madness-sweet-16-rankings/99372608/

Zaga
03-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Easy there, trigger. I don't think suggesting the Zags aren't playing as well as say, Kansas, suggests we're not supporting the team. There is a difference between blind loyalty and healthy discussions, which by the was is the intent of a discussion board.

I agree. As a Zag fan ~ "sometimes I feel like a nut and sometimes I don't"

#runthetable

RenoZag
03-20-2017, 02:29 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18956668/wisconsin-badgers-emerge-no-1-seed-re-seeding-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16

M. Medcalf's opinion on the relative ranking of the remaining Big Dance participants; of the Bulldogs, he writes:

The Bulldogs advanced to the Sweet 16 via underwhelming wins over South Dakota State and Northwestern. Yes, coach Mark Few's program enjoyed a special regular season. But I'm still stuck on the controversy from the Northwestern win on Saturday night. We don't know if the botched no-call on Zach Collins' blatant goaltending and the subsequent technical against Northwestern coach Chris Collins shifted the final result. But we're also not sure how Northwestern would have persisted after launching a 20-5 run and cutting Gonzaga's lead to single digits in the last five minutes. The drama masked Gonzaga's defensive lapses in those final minutes. Against 16-seed SDSU, the Bulldogs led by only four points at halftime and made just 31 percent of its shots in the first half of a first-round win. They beat SDSU by 20 points and Northwestern by six points. The Bulldogs advanced. That's what matters. They did not move forward via their most impressive performances of the season.

Dahlaw
03-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Wow those two lists are substantially different. Basically no one has a clue what 12 18-22 year olds will look like on a given day. That I know.

Pallet
03-20-2017, 06:02 PM
You also need to understand that these rankings are based on a team's draw as well. One of the reasons why Gonzaga and Arizona are so high is that if either one of those teams gets to the final four, they get to face the east region winner.

I thought I read here they reseed at the final four. So if GU, UNC, and KU all make it, Kansas would get the east winner and UNC would play GU.

ScrapironJim
03-20-2017, 08:53 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18956668/wisconsin-badgers-emerge-no-1-seed-re-seeding-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16

Note the reference to the no-call in our NW game, but not a word re the no-call in the Carolina game. More talking heads data and more reason to ignore them.

WE ARE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScrapironJim
03-20-2017, 09:02 PM

A great rant - count me in x 10.

adoptedzag
03-20-2017, 09:07 PM

Is it really too much to ask to blow every team out of the water by the 2nd media break in the 1st half and win by 60 every game? I mean, how hard could it be? The UConn women do it, why can't the Zags?

(just in case it wasn't readily apparent, the above is a tremendous amount of sarcasm)

Zagsker
03-21-2017, 05:56 AM
Wow those two lists are substantially different. Basically no one has a clue what 12 18-22 year olds will look like on a given day. That I know.

I am sure they will post it on instatwitbook

gonzagafan62
03-21-2017, 07:52 AM
I am sure they will post it on instatwitbook

Or SnapFace, or instachat