PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the play of the game vs. Northwestern: Mathews stopping "The Hammer"

CDC84
03-20-2017, 12:30 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/mar/18/bulldogs-mathews-stops-northwesterns-hammer-with-a/

It goes to show you how little things can help put a game away. Mathews really has a great basketball mind. Without a doubt a coach's son.

hockeyzag
03-20-2017, 07:44 AM
I love this quote from Tillie:

“I was just like, ‘Throw me the ball right now, I’ll dunk it’ ” Tillie said. “Silas did an amazing pass for me and I just dunked it and everybody went crazy. I loved it.”

Birddog
03-20-2017, 07:53 AM
Last night, So Carolina gave all a textbook lesson on breaking the full court pressure with dunks over the Dukies and their smirking coach.

Zags11
03-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Great read.

Zagcity
03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Last night, So Carolina gave all a textbook lesson on breaking the full court pressure with dunks over the Dukies and their smirking coach.

Yes, it was text book and a great point :fingergun:

El Zag
03-20-2017, 11:33 AM
No one has succeeded at anything worthwhile without being able to delay gratification. Stay focussed and wait until the fat lady sings (as they say in the NBA ) before going crazy or having some kind of conniption fit (like the three ball sign, chest pounding, incredible hulk moves, cheerleading etc.) and then celebrate winning the game . An added bonus to resisting the instant gratification you don’t have to worry about what to do when something negative might happen . The thinking is that way you can stay on an even keel and the team has a better chance of winning the game which is the main objective .
Let me tell you a baseball story. If you play baseball, say at the highest level (MLB) and you bat .300 , chances are your in the hall of fame . OK that means something negative is happening 7 out of ten times (you’re making an out7/10).
If you strike out a couple of times you have to forget about that and go back up to bat and do what you are supposed to be doing .One needs to think about WHAT you are doing and NOT how well you are doing it.