PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern's Coach = Most Immature Coach I have ever watched on a sideline

demian
03-19-2017, 09:51 AM
I have no sympathy whatsoever for Northwestern. They got there statement from the NCAA about the bad call but screw Northwestern and MOSTLY SCREW COACH COLLINS. That guy is the most immature coach I have witnessed during a single game in my life. What a baby. That guy #####ed and moaned and ran onto the court ALL GAME LONG after NUMEROUS calls. It was really pathetic to watch and really annoying. He got EXACTLY what he deserved by getting T'ed up at a crucial moment and I am glad he did cuz I cant stand crybaby coaches who try to bully and ##### and moan after every call all game long. The reffs were probably sick and tired of his crap and probably had warned him a few times to "knock it off or the next time you are going to get a T, that is your warning." He played at Duke and he was an assistant coach at Duke under Coach K so it appeared to me that he observed his Coach K (who I actually like and think is a great coach) for many years work reffs and intimidate reffs and saw for years how it WORKED OUT IN DUKES FAVOR when coach K would do that to reffs and Chris Collins thought he could do that yesterday and it would pay off. Well Chris you are not Coach K. You are a coach who needs to use this as a real learning experience because your sideline behavior is stupid and annoying. GOOD JOB REFFS!!!!!

primal23
03-19-2017, 09:53 AM
Completely agree, bad calls go your way and other teams way. He came off as big a crybaby as I've seen. But being ex duke coach explains a lot. No respect for him or his team anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
03-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Great pt, D. May have cost the team the game...Lot to learn......But seems classy of the court....He will prob replace Koach so he will fit right in as a whiner, but he's still not in the class of Miller and some others.

sittingon50
03-19-2017, 10:56 AM
The Official that T'ed him up has been in the Kennel plenty of times.

I noticed Collins in the 1st half was on the floor hollering at this same official while the Zags were shooting FT's right in front of him. The official looked back at him @ put his hand up, indicating he needed to back away. He easily could have gotten one then.

cjm720
03-19-2017, 12:10 PM
His dad was an emotional coach as well

Zags11
03-19-2017, 12:14 PM
Looked like a donkey.

MDABE80
03-19-2017, 12:16 PM
He was yelling at the refs whole game. 3 times out on the court. 1 warning already. I guess the ref just finally had enough and T'd him up. The blunder at the rim may or may not have mattered. After things had settled though, Zags outscored NU 10-5 in the last 3 minutes. Looks like the Zags got their wind again. I suspect the coach blew it for NU.

Zags11
03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
He was yelling at the refs whole game. 3 times out on the court. 1 warning already. I guess the ref just finally had enough and T'd him up. The blunder at the rim may or may not have mattered. After things had settled though, Zags outscored NU 10-5 in the last 3 minutes. Looks like the Zags got their wind again. I suspect the coach blew it for NU.

This. I posted in other threads that the T cost them the game and not the non goaltending.

Zigzag92
03-19-2017, 01:16 PM
worse than Izzo, Self or K? Yeah right

DixieZag
03-19-2017, 01:18 PM
This. I posted in other threads that the T cost them the game and not the non goaltending.

I don't think it cost them the game. We had started to right the ship by then. I think we would've won anyway, and we only hit one Ft.

He's a young guy, in a pressure packed environment. He'll learn, I think. He's going to be a great coach. Huskies might have waited and unloaded the bank on him.

demian
03-19-2017, 01:19 PM

To each his own!

TheOtherGreatOne
03-19-2017, 01:20 PM
What do you expect, he is a dukie. All dukies expect to get every call every game, and cry like babies when they don't. That's the way they are taught by coach k

demian
03-19-2017, 01:22 PM
What do you expect, he is a dukie. All dukies expect to get every call every game, and cry like babies when they don't. That's the way they are taught by coach k

lol I agree with you!!!

PNW Zagfan
03-19-2017, 01:25 PM
I posted this on another thread, but thought it fit better here...

I did think this reporter's take on NU Coach's technical was pretty funny...

"(Granted, it has to be tough for Collins; after years of playing and coaching for Duke, seeing an officiating decision go the other way must be jarring.)"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...uJF?li=BBnb7Kz

EDIT: Sorry, I see that my link doesn't work, article was about how Coach Collin's meltdown and technical cost NU the game.

demian
03-19-2017, 01:33 PM
I posted this on another thread, but thought it fit better here...

I did think this reporter's take on NU Coach's technical was pretty funny...

"(Granted, it has to be tough for Collins; after years of playing and coaching for Duke, seeing an officiating decision go the other way must be jarring.)"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...uJF?li=BBnb7Kz

EDIT: Sorry, I see that my link doesn't work, article was about how Coach Collin's meltdown and technical cost NU the game.

haha lol that is great thank you for sharing that.

PNW Zagfan
03-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Another similar opinion...

"Stop feeling sorry for Chris Collins and Northwestern"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/stop-feeling-sorry-for-chris-collins-and-northwestern/ar-BByo6Lx

"Collins' postgame actions were petty, juvenile, which isn't surprising coming from a coach whose petty, juvenile tantrum is why he was answering questions about himself on Saturday night and not his team moving on to San Jose."

"The coach is blinded by the fact that it could have been a three-point game rather than the fact that it was a five-point game. And in doing so, he comes across like a smarmy, sarcastic, floor-slapping third-grader intent on getting in the last word in a fight with his brother. He can't square the idea that his actions were independent of the officials'. They blew it, so he blew up. Naturally. It's as if biting his lip and returning to the sideline wasn't an option."

demian
03-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Another similar opinion...

"Stop feeling sorry for Chris Collins and Northwestern"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/stop-feeling-sorry-for-chris-collins-and-northwestern/ar-BByo6Lx

"Collins' postgame actions were petty, juvenile, which isn't surprising coming from a coach whose petty, juvenile tantrum is why he was answering questions about himself on Saturday night and not his team moving on to San Jose."

"The coach is blinded by the fact that it could have been a three-point game rather than the fact that it was a five-point game. And in doing so, he comes across like a smarmy, sarcastic, floor-slapping third-grader intent on getting in the last word in a fight with his brother. He can't square the idea that his actions were independent of the officials'. They blew it, so he blew up. Naturally. It's as if biting his lip and returning to the sideline wasn't an option."

I absolutely love these quotes!!!!!!!!!!

Zagcity
03-19-2017, 01:48 PM

Best not to show your newbness (:

Zags11
03-19-2017, 02:14 PM
I don't think it cost them the game. We had started to right the ship by then. I think we would've won anyway, and we only hit one Ft.

He's a young guy, in a pressure packed environment. He'll learn, I think. He's going to be a great coach. Huskies might have waited and unloaded the bank on him.

We didn't right the ship before that. We had 5 point lead and they missed the goaltending call and He got Teched up. It was a 5 point lead to a 7 point lead. He cost them the game IMO.

ScrapironJim
03-19-2017, 02:28 PM

This is the key bit of info --- Zags 10 to NW 5 --- in the last three minutes. That is what won the game.

team6
03-19-2017, 02:33 PM
We didn't right the ship before that. We had 5 point lead and they missed the goaltending call and He got Teched up. It was a 5 point lead to a 7 point lead. He cost them the game IMO.

I think he cost them a chance at winning the game, key word chance. I still think the Zags would have pulled it off but there were some bad traveling calls and other no calls that would have helped the zags too. In the end it was one play, I think if we made both free throws and then scored and go up 9 you can point to that but a 7 point game with 5 minutes left and you have the ball. That's a winnable game for anyone and they didn't get close again.

Zags11
03-19-2017, 02:44 PM
I think he cost them a chance at winning the game, key word chance. I still think the Zags would have pulled it off but there were some bad traveling calls and other no calls that would have helped the zags too. In the end it was one play, I think if we made both free throws and then scored and go up 9 you can point to that but a 7 point game with 5 minutes left and you have the ball. That's a winnable game for anyone and they didn't get close again.

Ok cost them a chance. I agree on that.

Coach Crazy
03-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Ok cost them a chance. I agree on that.

Doesn't matter how bad the call seems to be. My nickname is "Coach Crazy" for a reason. But even I think he crossed the line. Working a ref takes some element of self-awareness and an actual understanding of what you are doing. Is there a time when you need to get teched up? Sure. But that was not the time, and certainly not in that way.

Don't want that play to matter? Don't get down by that many points going into the half. Want to start talking about calls that changed the momentum of the game? Well, congratulations, let's talk about the way the activity in the paint was called or not called.

NU lost because Gonzaga was better. Is better. Will be better.

Zag Up. Next up.

titopoet
03-20-2017, 04:45 AM
I have no love for the Dookie... He knew his kids where out matched and out gunned. Collins went all goon on the Zags. Benson was called in just to come in and muscle and hurt Zags. It is more than ironic that the no-call was what lead to the demise of the Wildcats as the refs let them play... because the no call was the only reason Northwestern was in it. It was the most telling meme... the crying Northwestern kid was crying no foul about Benson illegal fragrant foul. The zags being beaten up and so many missed calls or no calls. Benson, who hardly played in the first got four fouls called on the 20 he committed in 11 minutes of play. Collins is mad at the refs for a non-call? Really. If they called the game tight Pardon would been fouled out way before that.

Look, Mark Few has a letter from the NCAA about last year's missed call against the Orange that was far more damaging call and yet no national media outrage then. Mark did not storm the court during live play in front the where the balls was being taken up, impeding the flow of the game. His T was more than justified.