raise the zag
03-16-2017, 06:58 PM
By month this season --

November (1/2 month): 14 assists

December: 16 assists

January: 20 assists

February: 12 assists

March: 4 assists

Our biggest blow-outs and greatest scoring margin were January and first part of February. Karno's assists #'s have steadily declined in latter part of February.

Coincidence? I think not. His passing has become an afterthought last couple weeks.

Matter of fact, he's had an assist in EVERY game this season, yet had 0 assists in 3 of the last 4 games!

Every time Karno moves the ball, our offense benefits.

We all know Shem deserves a lifetime award for the all-time greatest Zag and he's arguably our MVP on and off the court, yet for some reason, he's beginning to pass the ball less. #'s and trends don't lie.

I hope he begins finding the open guard, fellow big, or moving the ball. We are so much better, more balanced, unpredictable with him moving quickly to post up or pass the ball. The latter has not been happening. He's a senior and in his final few games, just want him to be himself and keep playing unselfish basketball.

His trademark passing has been a hallmark of Gonzaga basketball for past 4 years, just want to see it continue!

ZionZag
03-16-2017, 07:22 PM
By month this season --

November (1/2 month): 14 assists

December: 16 assists

January: 20 assists

February: 12 assists

March: 4 assists

Our biggest blow-outs and greatest scoring margin were January and first part of February. Karno's assists #'s have steadily declined in latter part of February.

Coincidence? I think not. His passing has become an afterthought last couple weeks.

Matter of fact, he's had an assist in EVERY game this season, yet had 0 assists in 3 of the last 4 games!

Every time Karno moves the ball, our offense benefits.

We all know Shem deserves a lifetime award for the all-time greatest Zag and he's arguably our MVP on and off the court, yet for some reason, he's beginning to pass the ball less. #'s and trends don't lie.

I hope he begins finding the open guard, fellow big, or moving the ball. We are so much better, more balanced, unpredictable with him moving quickly to post up or pass the ball. The latter has not been happening. He's a senior and in his final few games, just want him to be himself and keep playing unselfish basketball.

His trademark passing has been a hallmark of Gonzaga basketball for past 4 years, just want to see it continue!

Great point RTZ but I wonder if he has been double teamed less and less during that time so he uses his green light more to score when it's one on one. I know he has good vision but I always wonder if it makes a difference where the double comes from, making it harder to find the open man.

meadgrad02
03-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Helps if shooters knock down the shots to give him the assists......

gonzagafan62
03-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Helps if shooters knock down the shots to give him the assists......

Yup can't just only blame Karnowski

raise the zag
03-16-2017, 07:32 PM
Great point RTZ but I wonder if he has been double teamed less and less during that time so he uses his green light more to score when it's one on one. I know he has good vision but I always wonder if it makes a difference where the double comes from, making it harder to find the open man.

This is a great point, only issue is the fact he was still passing occasionally when M2M.

Its either he's been coached to take the shot unless double teamed or just assert himself more than usual. He realizes its his final few games of his career, maybe trying too hard to score?

I don't know, but his seamless passing and keeping the defense off-balance has really been lacking.

He's been taking some uncharacteristic fade-aways and deep hook shots, when he used to pass back out or find the open guy.

I miss the Karno who looked to score and back down his defender, but could pass at any moment.

Now, it seems, he only passes IF double teamed.

It'd be nice to see Karno working the ball around and finding his groove down low. He was like a point guard in the post, which has all but disappeared. He's still doing great things and scoring some post up shots, but in terms of keeping our offense moving….well…its not happening lately.

Even our team stops moving much anymore when they pass to him. Sometimes passing out and getting the re-entry pass is the better move, but Karno slowing things down by being almost too patient or too slow.

A big reason we beat Arizona, actually smoked them, was due to Karno's ball movement.

Goshzagit
03-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Well, Northwestern is notorious for double teaming the post.

Matter of fact, our good friend Dan Dakich said they employ the best double team scheme of any team he's seen...

They beat Wisconsin by their masterful double team vs Happ.

Karnowski will get his chance to pass vs NW, as he's guaranteed to see the double.

CDC84
03-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Zag shooters need to hit shots, and JWIII needs to do his usual cutting.

U Zig, I Zag
03-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Karno will get his chances to pass. We need some strong play moving without the ball, at the rim.

ZagaZags
03-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Well, Northwestern is notorious for double teaming the post.

Matter of fact, our good friend Dan Dakich said they employ the best double team scheme of any team he's seen...

They beat Wisconsin by their masterful double team vs Happ.

Karnowski will get his chance to pass vs NW, as he's guaranteed to see the double.

I have been trying to come up with a word to rhyme with Dakich. Any help?

tummydoc
03-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Damn Jockitch?

Go Zags

ZagaZags
03-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Damn Jockitch?

Go Zags

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_68Lw7WiUpg/U8kDu-PVLaI/AAAAAAAAQA4/_HsM3mVAtDY/s1600/and_the_winner_is.gif

gueastcoast
03-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Damn Jockitch?

Go Zags

Yes, this wins the internet for today