Clear All
  • azzagfan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2007

Sign of things to come - NIT first round

In the NIT first round in non-BCS vs. BCS games
    Day 1 - Non-BCS - 4 wins, BCS - 2 wins
    Day 2 - Non-BCS - 2 wins, BCS - 3 wins

I have a feeling my bracket will be largely ruined by midnight...
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

BYU completely embarrassed the WCC.

Comment

• TexasZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
      I didn't get to watch the game (I was at the TCU-Fresno St. game) so I can't comment on how bad it looked. But this is also the same UTA team that beat St. Mary's and LMU earlier in the season, so the result was not totally unexpected (at least by me).

Comment

• Zagobserver
        Bulldog Fan
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by azzagfan View Post
        In the NIT first round in non-BCS vs. BCS games
        Day 1 - Non-BCS - 4 wins, BCS - 2 wins
        Day 2 - Non-BCS - 2 wins, BCS - 3 wins

I have a feeling my bracket will be largely ruined by midnight...
        The NIT is always about motivation. I could theorize that it's easier to motivate a non-BCS team in a secondary tournament. I wouldn't take it as much of a sign.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZag View Post
          I didn't get to watch the game (I was at the TCU-Fresno St. game) so I can't comment on how bad it looked. But this is also the same UTA team that beat St. Mary's and LMU earlier in the season, so the result was not totally unexpected (at least by me).
          Won't argue with that, BYU mostly laid eggs after getting their "signature win."

Comment

• Goshzagit
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2007

Cougs missing 2 starters

To BYU's credit, they were missing their silent assassin, MVP of their backcourt, and most athletic player in Elijah Bryant.

Bryant is the only guard to really hold "down" NWG, and also score against our defense.

Also, LJ Rose, their starting PG and another athletic piece was also lost for the season in January.

Losing two of their athletic guys with size on the perimeter killed them vs UT-Arlington.

Even if they would have had Elijah Bryant (future WCC star), they could have contained UTA's guards from penetrating a bit more…heck, Zags would still be undefeated if not for Bryant -- he was pretty outstanding vs us.

Also, the two back-up bench guards combined for like 8 TO's b/w them, nor could they defend a fly.

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

If I were the king of college basketball , I would give a automatic to the conference season winner, then consider the conference tourney winner...like others have pointed out, it is a damn shame that teams like the Zips and Illinois State miss a chance to Dance..

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Maybe the WCC should invite UT Arlington to join! Looks like they would be competitive.
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• TexasZag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                  Maybe the WCC should invite UT Arlington to join! Looks like they would be competitive.
                  I could go for that, for totally selfish reasons, of course! The UTA campus is only about 10 miles away, so I'd be guaranteed a Zags game every year! See what you can do to make that happen, please. And Fort Worth, which is just west of Arlington, is "Where the West Begins" (official motto of the city), so in that context it's not like Arlington is that far removed from the "west".

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZag View Post
                    I could go for that, for totally selfish reasons, of course! The UTA campus is only about 10 miles away, so I'd be guaranteed a Zags game every year! See what you can do to make that happen, please. And Fort Worth, which is just west of Arlington, is "Where the West Begins" (official motto of the city), so in that context it's not like Arlington is that far removed from the "west".
                    Count me in.

BTW, the town of Baird calls itself "the heart of West Texas." Drive another five hours, and you're in El Paso.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

BYU is a bunch of fakers. It sucks that we lost to a group like that... That group in Provo needs to do some self reflection.

Comment

Working...
                      X