PDA

View Full Version : Any other Whitman alums here?

scrooner
03-14-2017, 06:48 PM
We are in the Div III Final Four this year, still undefeated on the season, and playing this Friday. We were....not good when I was in school there, and shortly after I graduated I became a Zags fan during their first big tourney run. Now both of my teams are a combined 63-1, nearing the end of their historic seasons, and on the verge of doing even greater things.....woo hoo!

DixieZag
03-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Ha! Great job! Surely no one's "two teams" have wracked up more wins this year.

I'm not an alum, but know how great a school that is, congrats and that's so cool. Keep us updated on how they do. News can be hard to come by on D3

hondo
03-14-2017, 07:01 PM
63-1 Wow! Sorry us Zags didn't hold up our end of the deal.

Is Skip still down there?

Corky
03-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Class of '81!
Missionary, Missionary, we're on top!

Tommy L is a Whittie too.

bartruff1
03-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Terrific school...home of Treaty Rock, where Gov Stevens negotiate the treaty with the Eastern Washington Tribes.....

You might be interested to know that a small group of us have purchased William O's Goose Prairie Home and it is being renovated with the objective of it being some sort of Learning Center for Yakima's most prominent citizen.

Corky
03-16-2017, 04:34 PM
I live across the street from Harper Joy's old house. Another Whittie connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Club Prez
03-16-2017, 04:40 PM
I grew up east of campus on Boyer St. as a small child - back in the 60's. Get back to town about 3 times a year.