PDA

View Full Version : **PLEASE READ* - 1st/2nd round discussion threads are at top of this forum

CDC84
03-14-2017, 03:41 PM
During last year's tournament we ran into some problems on the site with board members posting one new thread after the next. Sometimes 5 threads on the same topic, with some of the topics truly trivial. We eventually had to begin merging threads, and as you know, that becomes confusing for everyone. But we just had zero choice because the board got too confusing and cluttered for everyone.

In an effort to reduce this kind of posting, I have placed a couple of "game thread" like threads at the top of the men's basketball forum for Thursday and Friday's 1st round games. Similar threads will be posted as the dance moves along. I have included tip times, teams, TV channels, game location and seeds. If I screwed up anything, send me a PM. Obviously tip times are going to change depending on when games end.

Since it only involves 4 games, I won't sticky the play in games, but I have done up threads for those as well.

We play ask that you confine "most" tournament discussion, as much as possible, to these threads (especially discussion not involving the Zags). I understand there will be some memorable moments in this thing (as there always is) that are worthy of discussion in their own thread. But what we are trying to avoid are threads with these kinds of titles:

"Sparty is down 10 with 4:44 to go"
"What a slam dunk"
"Calipari used less hair gel than usual today"
"I love the form of the UNC-Wilmington foul shooters"
"B.S. call"
"Shut up Lappas"
"Sir Charles needs a rest home"
"I need a good stiff drink right about now"
"Is the bow tie on that guy at the desk really a camera?"
"Middle Tennessee does it again"
"It's not dunk city, it's donut city"
"I wonder how fast Randy Bennett is at drawing a pistol"

You get the idea. Just make sure that what you post in a new thread is not already being discussed elsewhere, and that what you post is truly significant to the tournament. Thanks guys and gals.

--CDC84

gueastcoast
03-14-2017, 04:50 PM
CDC, this post is all-time, esp re: the prospective thread titles.

I think it's a great idea, but reserve the right to post "Shut up Lappas" as its own thread. It's important.

:jk:

U Zig, I Zag
03-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Those are all titles to threads I started. You could have just sent me a personal message. :(

sittingon50
03-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Those are all titles to threads I started. You could have just sent me a personal message. :(

:lmao:

CDC84
03-15-2017, 07:46 AM
You guys are too much. I might give you a break on Lappas.

SWZag
03-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Possibly a thread for the MIT also? BYU plays tonight as well as Akron, among others.

CDC84
03-15-2017, 08:53 AM
I'll do it, but not as a sticky thread. It's the National Insignificant Tournament.

SWZag
03-15-2017, 08:58 AM
I'll do it, but not as a sticky thread. It's the National Insignificant Tournament.
Insignifant to a majority of people, but not for a majority of the players who get to play in a post-season game and get to play another game. Especially the seniors. Or for the fans who love their teams, even if they are playing in the NIT. Or in fact if you simply love basketball.

CDC84
03-15-2017, 09:01 AM
I know. Humor, humor, humor. Never translates well online. The thread has been posted with a full bracket. There are some interesting games.