PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick and tired of

Reborn
03-13-2017, 07:12 PM
the ESPN analysts telling the American viewers that Gonzaga has no chance at all of making it to the Final Four because we are too small (the school and the conference). They insinuate that only the Big Five conferences or better known as Blue Blood programs, have a real chance of making it to the Finals. Honestly, there are only a few people there who do the analysts who have anything good to say about Gonzaga. It's gotten so bad for me that I won't listen to the crap any more. I just turn the channel. But I'll admit, I'm angry and upset. This is the best Gonzaga team ever and yet they get NO credit for the GREAT job that they've done this year. It's really been remarkable and it seems like most everyone is just plain jealous.

Gonzaga is 30 and 1 and yet these analysts can't give them credit. They say it's merely because we come from a conference with nothing but bad teams in it. They give St Mary's even less credit. They have completely ignored them like they are a plague. This may be St Mary's best team ever and ESPN analysts have nothing good to say about them. Someone did mention how high both Gonzaga and St Mary's are on the BPI rankings and the Ken Pomeroy rating systems. The analysts dismissed this as, those rating systems don't tell us anything. It's obvious because those teams are not good." They insist that the rankings should be done by people like them, by people who have played the game and coached it and know everything there is to know about basketball. People, they insist, like them. These analysts on ESPN are the most arrogant, self-centered egotists I have ever seen. I'm now beginning to realize why Bill Walton is an analysts for them. Pity on these poor devils who have sold out. I'm actually ashamed of Bill Walton. He was once a great man.

The longer I listen to them the more I can hardly wait to see our team play. I can hardly wait to see them climb up the latter of success in the West Bracket all the way to the finals. I can hardly wait for Thursdays game with South Dakota St. Man!!! we're in the tournament. AGAIN. There is so much pride in that. I want to always remember how I felt in 1999 and 2000, and how the boys felt in '99 after beating Florida. I want to never forget the joy and childlike craziness of pure affection for each other. And I want to always remember those days when I see the new teams who make it into the Big Dance for the first time, and see that same thing. I NEVER want to be a fan of a Blue Blood school who takes it for granted that they have a right to the tournament and a right to the Final Four and in the end THEIR right to the championship trophy. Each year now I see how there are less and less Mid-Major programs in the tournament. Oh sure, these phony puppets have a good reason to explain it with bull####. That's all they know. And when there are really good mid major programs who are making it and even doing well, they will do all they can to convince the American public that these mid-majors are really no good. They're just too little. Wichita St is getting the same treatment that Gonzaga is getting. According to the ranking systems they are in the top 10 yet they are given a 10 seed. Makes me recall the same treatment that has been given to Gonzaga in the past. As I've said, St Mary's is getting even more bad press or no press at all when in reality they are ranked higher than most of the Blue Bloods.

I believe what made this tournament so popular is that there was a time when the little guys were upsetting the Big Boys, and I guess their daddys are just getting too pissed off now. Please join me in cheering even harder for Gonzaga, St Mary's, Wichita St, Dayton, Middle Tenessee, SMU, UNC Wilminton, East Tenessee St, Winthrop, Kent St, Dayton, Nevada, Vermont, Rhode Island, Iona, Prinston, Bucknell, Florida Gulf Coast U, VCU. I'd like to give a special high five to So Dakoto St for making it to the tourney. I apologize for not rooting for you. Also a special cheer for Northwestern who is making it to their first ever NCAA Tournament.

I also want to congratulate teams who are in the tournament because they won their Conference Tournaments: New Mexico St., Troy, North Kentucky, Texas Southern, Jacksonville St., and N. Dakota. I hope and pray that we (Gonzaga fans) along with fans of these mid-major schools will stand up and cheer for each other every inch of the way, game by game, And I hope and pray that there will continue to be beautiful upsets by all the beautiful mid major teams. Afterall, we ARE what makes this tournament so great. And I hope more than ever that Gonzaga will make it to the Final Four and win it all. I'm still old fashioned enough to get great joy and pleasure when proving all the KNOW IT ALL analysts wrong.

zagsfanforlife
03-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Pablo Torres of Around the Horn just picked South Dakota state to upset Gonzaga.

I cant wait for the Zags to shut these know it alls up.

bartruff1
03-13-2017, 07:18 PM
If you need unconditional love, get a dog. The voting and the rating and the opinions don't mean anything. Who cares what they think, this is all going to be settled on the courts.

willandi
03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
If you need unconditional love, get a dog. The voting and the rating and the opinions don't mean anything. Who cares what they think, this is all going to be settled on the courts.

And for unconditional disregard (is hate too strong a word) watch ESPN.

I watch the games on ESPN that I want to watch. I watch NONE of the shows. I have watched more sports than any of their broadcasters...at least it feels like it. It also feels like I know as much as most of them, but I don't need them to tell me what is real, or true. I have 2 dogs! LOL

Ezag
03-13-2017, 07:46 PM
If this is indeed our best team ever, then we need to get to the F4 to shut them up. Exit early again and we will have to deal with this forever.

MJ777
03-13-2017, 07:55 PM
I guess I'll root for a tie between Dayton and WSU. Go FlyShockers!

Lakesbison
03-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Gonzaga = Final 4 this year. you got this.

Reborn
03-13-2017, 08:25 PM

You need to change your meds, bartruff1. You are a really poor listener. I wasn't talking about unconditional love. I was talking about respect, and more than that I guess. They are sports writers or analysts or whatever, I expect the truth. If the WCC is so damn week, and Gonzaga as well, then why have they made it to two Elite 8's and what now, 5 9or 6 Sweet 16's. In 19 years. And they have made it to the tournament 19 years in a row, and I know they have reached the round of 32 most years. How many teams from those Big Five conferences say that?

jake
03-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Pablo Torres of Around the Horn just picked South Dakota state to upset Gonzaga.

From what I can tell he's picked a 16 to upset a 1 for several years (referenced in 2013 and 2014 too). Now, it bugs me that he picked us, but I think it's just his thing. I doubt he's putting money on it.

CDC84
03-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Just concentrate on ESPN's Lunardi and Katz who picked GU to win it all. Would you trust them or Mr. Big 10 Dan Dakich ??

Of all the Zag teams who have entered the tournament, this one is the least likely to experience a massive upset. Losing to Arizona is not a massive upset.

It's because of the #2 rated defense. They can have lapses of scoring and get away with it in ways that previous Zag teams couldn't. They can get the defensive stops.

Also, "In Nigel We Trust."

theCOG
03-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Dude I stopped caring about what people say about gu a long time ago. But I feel you

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-14-2017, 02:52 AM
Just concentrate on ESPN's Lunardi and Katz who picked GU to win it all. Would you trust them or Mr. Big 10 Dan Dakich ??

Of all the Zag teams who have entered the tournament, this one is the least likely to experience a massive upset. Losing to Arizona is not a massive upset.

It's because of the #2 rated defense. They can have lapses of scoring and get away with it in ways that previous Zag teams couldn't. They can get the defensive stops.

Also, "In Nigel We Trust."

...and Vitale picked Zags to play UNC in championship game. Arguably the 3 most well known college basketball talking heads on ESPN have Zags going to Final Four.

All I care about on the media front is getting to watch a Zags game with Bill Raftery doing the commentary at some point in this tourney. He is far and away the best analyst in college hoops right now.

bartruff1
03-14-2017, 06:13 AM
You need to change your meds, bartruff1. You are a really poor listener. I wasn't talking about unconditional love. I was talking about respect, and more than that I guess. They are sports writers or analysts or whatever, I expect the truth. If the WCC is so damn week, and Gonzaga as well, then why have they made it to two Elite 8's and what now, 5 9or 6 Sweet 16's. In 19 years. And they have made it to the tournament 19 years in a row, and I know they have reached the round of 32 most years. How many teams from those Big Five conferences say that?

I LOVE DOGS, THEY ARE MAN'S GREATEST FRIENDS...DESCENDANTS OF THE WOLVES THAT USED TO ROAM THE WEST, HOME OF THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS...I LOVE THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS...I LOVE THE WEST. NOW, I DON'T CARE MUCH FOR THE OTHER TRUCK STOP LEAGUES... THEY DON'T PLAY ANYONE BUT THE LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR AND WHINE ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T GET ANY RESPECT....REBOURN, THAT IS YOUR NAME ISN'T IT ??? I LOVE YOU REBOURN , DOES YOUR NAME HAVE A U IN IT....I LOVE U'S...THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS HAS WON NUMEROUS NATIONAL TITLES, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED THE CONFERENCES OF CHAMPIONS AND WHY THEY GET SO MUCH RESPECT...I PREDICT THAT UCLA AND ARIZONA AND OREGON WILL ALL BE IN THE FINAL FOUR BECAUSE THEY ALL PLAY IN THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS. YOU NEED TO CHILL REBOURN, TAKE YOUR DOG FOR A WALK...I LOVE WALKS... ALL THE FRESH AIR AND THE BIRDS SINGING..I LOVE SINGING...ARETHA FRANKLIN COULD REALLY SING RESPECT...I LOVE ARETHA FRANKLIN...YOU KNOW TIGER WOODS PLAYED IN THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS..

willandi
03-14-2017, 07:09 AM
I LOVE DOGS, THEY ARE MAN'S GREATEST FRIENDS...DESCENDANTS OF THE WOLVES THAT USED TO ROAM THE WEST, HOME OF THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS...I LOVE THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS...I LOVE THE WEST. NOW, I DON'T CARE MUCH FOR THE OTHER TRUCK STOP LEAGUES... THEY DON'T PLAY ANYONE BUT THE LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR AND WHINE ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T GET ANY RESPECT....REBOURN, THAT IS YOUR NAME ISN'T IT ??? I LOVE YOU REBOURN , DOES YOUR NAME HAVE A U IN IT....I LOVE U'S...THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS HAS WON NUMEROUS NATIONAL TITLES, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED THE CONFERENCES OF CHAMPIONS AND WHY THEY GET SO MUCH RESPECT...I PREDICT THAT UCLA AND ARIZONA AND OREGON WILL ALL BE IN THE FINAL FOUR BECAUSE THEY ALL PLAY IN THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS. YOU NEED TO CHILL REBOURN, TAKE YOUR DOG FOR A WALK...I LOVE WALKS... ALL THE FRESH AIR AND THE BIRDS SINGING..I LOVE SINGING...ARETHA FRANKLIN COULD REALLY SING RESPECT...I LOVE ARETHA FRANKLIN...YOU KNOW TIGER WOODS PLAYED IN THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS..

LOL:clap:

MissZag
03-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Good grief...what a whiny post. Have you seen the Zag coverage on ESPN? No other team is picked more than the Zags (Duke, UNC and Villanova all tied with GU) to win it all by the ESPN "experts". Even more have them making it to the Final Four.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18903023/expert-picks-their-final-four-national-champion-2017-ncaa-tournament

Winning breeds respect. Until the Zags actually make it to a Final Four, the narrative is always going to be we are too small, play in a poor conf, etc. Get over it.

RenoZag
03-14-2017, 07:24 AM
And bart connects from way downtown. . .well-played.

therocket
03-14-2017, 07:30 AM

Are you guys seriously starting threads when an analyst picks against the zags? They've been picked for and against equally. Get over it. Just win baby.

TexasZagFan
03-14-2017, 08:12 AM
And bart connects from way downtown. . .well-played.

Yesterday's entry in my Dilbert calendar extolled the virtues of ALL CAPS for those of us that are hard of hearing. :lmao:

https://beyondlean.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/dilbert_text_in_all_caps.jpg

MDABE80
03-14-2017, 08:30 AM

This. And only THIS!

MDABE80
03-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Good grief...what a whiny post. Have you seen the Zag coverage on ESPN? No other team is picked more than the Zags (Duke, UNC and Villanova all tied with GU) to win it all by the ESPN "experts". Even more have them making it to the Final Four.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18903023/expert-picks-their-final-four-national-champion-2017-ncaa-tournament

Winning breeds respect. Until the Zags actually make it to a Final Four, the narrative is always going to be we are too small, play in a poor conf, etc. Get over it.

Reborn needed to see this before his post. I'm thinking we are getting all the respect. Not that it matters. Go hard, run by em. Win this thing!

CdAZagFan
03-14-2017, 10:04 AM
I would love to see a list of the last 18 years that shows NCAA Tourney Teams (and perhaps just the major Blue Bloods and Gonzaga) and the percentage of time they have exceeded their seed. That would be interesting to compare...

raise the zag
03-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Wait, in the other "announcer"/talking head thread discussing frustrations, Reborn posted this:

Are you guys ever happy? Geeze. You seem to work overtime to find something negative to say. At least CDC did say something positive also. Thanks. I really like Jamie Erdahl. I totally agree with Coach Few that we all have made mistakes. Why hold on to them for all these years. Try being happy and grateful.

I'm so confused Reborn.

Zag4Hire
03-14-2017, 11:57 AM
the ESPN analysts telling the American viewers that Gonzaga has no chance at all of making it to the Final Four because we are too small (the school and the conference). They insinuate that only the Big Five conferences or better known as Blue Blood programs, have a real chance of making it to the Finals. Honestly, there are only a few people there who do the analysts who have anything good to say about Gonzaga. It's gotten so bad for me that I won't listen to the crap any more. I just turn the channel. But I'll admit, I'm angry and upset. This is the best Gonzaga team ever and yet they get NO credit for the GREAT job that they've done this year. It's really been remarkable and it seems like most everyone is just plain jealous.

Pretty straightforward from J-Will....

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NV6CNCCI--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/vmzrxpg3sh9vtojexckp.gif

sittingon50
03-14-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm just here so I don't get fined.

And to remind Bart he forgot to mention SKITTLES!

RenoZag
03-14-2017, 01:30 PM
I would love to see a list of the last 18 years that shows NCAA Tourney Teams (and perhaps just the major Blue Bloods and Gonzaga) and the percentage of time they have exceeded their seed. That would be interesting to compare...

You can get complete brackets for that time frame here: http://allbrackets.com/

scrooner
03-14-2017, 01:30 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-tournament-2017-bracket-west-region-wont-be-kind-to-no-1-gonzaga/

Watch the video

RenoZag
03-14-2017, 01:31 PM
^

< yawn >

demian
03-14-2017, 02:52 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-tournament-2017-bracket-west-region-wont-be-kind-to-no-1-gonzaga/

Watch the video

I actually enjoyed that video. thank you for sharing it. I kind of enjoyed listening to Steve Lappas rather well rounded and balanced breakdown of GU.