PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga Game Announcers

Zag4Hire
03-13-2017, 06:39 PM
I would expect this crew to do the whole pod. Pity.

2:00, TBS: No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 16 South Dakota State (Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl)

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-tournament-2017-schedule-march-madness-tv-tip-times-announcers/

johno
03-13-2017, 09:30 PM
I think it was Catalon who, while doing a Zags game, used the "P" word to describe Shem's nationality, and it wasn't "Polish". He was very apologetic, Shem shrugged it off as no big deal, and Few really showed a lot of class by shutting down all the denunciations by stating something to the effect that none of us is perfect and we all make mistakes.

CDC84
03-13-2017, 09:32 PM
I expect Lappas to disappear into nothingness if GU gets into the S-16. He isn't high up in the hierarchy. Knowing our luck, we'll probably get Len Elmore, who I think is actually good, but I just associate him with so much Gonzaga-unhappiness.

I just hope that Lappas shuts up about the seeding and just sticks to the game. It's kind of an unwritten rule in college basketball.....you are allowed Sunday and Monday to gripe about the bracket, seeding, etc., but after that, the tournament is what it is.

gonstu
03-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Lappas = :vomit-smiley-007:

gonzagafan62
03-14-2017, 12:00 AM
I think it was Catalon who, while doing a Zags game, used the "P" word to describe Shem's nationality, and it wasn't "Polish". He was very apologetic, Shem shrugged it off as no big deal, and Few really showed a lot of class by shutting down all the denunciations by stating something to the effect that none of us is perfect and we all make mistakes.

Yeah that was the Oklahoma State game in 2014. Remember that like yesterday. Glad our team was respectful during a time where it could've been extremely offensive to people from Poland. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time

Go zags!

Zags11
03-14-2017, 12:08 AM
Miss gus

CDC84
03-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Except when he reminded you of the UCLA comeback every single time that he announced a GU game after 2006. Not just the reminder of his voice, but when any team made a comeback against Gonzaga.

But his call of the 1999 Florida win is etched in my minds of every Zag fan because it was the biggest win in the history of the school and one of the greatest calls in the history of the NCAA tourney.

Birddog
03-14-2017, 04:42 AM
Gus' one shining moment was the Gonzaga call in 99. Since then he has overused the faux excitement, esp on NCAA football. Len Elmore is like fingers on a chalkboard to me. None of my present unklikeables hold a candle to Billy Packer though, he was an annoying D Bag personified. Give me any number of play by guys and a side of Raftery.

gonzagafan62
03-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Gus' one shining moment was the Gonzaga call in 99. Since then he has overused the faux excitement, esp on NCAA football. Len Elmore is like fingers on a chalkboard to me. None of my present unklikeables hold a candle to Billy Packer though, he was an annoying D Bag personified. Give me any number of play by guys and a side of Raftery.

Side of Onions?

Yes!

3zagda
03-14-2017, 06:23 AM
Can they all at least pronounce Gonzaga correctly?
It is incredible to me there are announcers that still mispronounce it today.

Birddog
03-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Side of Onions?

Yes!

Yep, with a "kiss"!

Reborn
03-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Are you guys ever happy? Geeze. You seem to work overtime to find something negative to say. At least CDC did say something positive also. Thanks. I really like Jamie Erdahl. I totally agree with Coach Few that we all have made mistakes. Why hold on to them for all these years. Try being happy and grateful.

ProVeeZag
03-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Can they all at least pronounce Gonzaga correctly?
It is incredible to me there are announcers that still mispronounce it today.

We are left to presume that it is more likely intentional than from a lack of knowledge. To those announcers who "can't seem to get it right", I hope to continue hearing them mis-pronounce it right up through the National Championship game!

HenneZag
03-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Is their a way to stream TBS games on your computer. I have direct TV for a provider. I have streamed ESPN games before, just not TNT, TBS etc. I may not get that channel at work!

STIETZ543
03-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Is their a way to stream TBS games on your computer. I have direct TV for a provider. I have streamed ESPN games before, just not TNT, TBS etc. I may not get that channel at work!

Normally cbssports.com has all the games online.

beaverzag
03-14-2017, 11:55 AM

Try this

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/watch